All hotels in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here101 South Lansing Ave, Sturgeon Bay, WI, 54235, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Door County"
A nice get-away for a very reasonable price. Very nice breakfast too!
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Gina
"Door County getaway"
It's was a great place to stay. Ruth was terrific!
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Sturgeon Bay Hospitality at it's best."
We enjoyed our experience tremendously. We were served a nice breakfast after a good nights rest in a well preserved early 1900's home.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Quiet but needs some polish."
The hotel was renovated quite a while ago and is starting to show the age of those revisions. The neighborhood is quiet and the host is feelingly. The food at breakfast was tasty but the coffee was rough.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Jack
"Renovated old home, from the early 1900's."
Pleasant home with easy access to hwy 42/57 and the upper Door County area. Sturgeon Bay also has some nice places for general shopping.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
george
"Nice b&b."
Nice property, good location. Our room was very small and was not stocked with extra toilet paper, etc. The proprietor was nice, but didn't really seem suited to the job. The morning at breakfast one of the guests had dietary restrictions and was not offered anything as an alternative, just left to watch the rest of us eat.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Sawyer House B&B"
Very old two story home which has been renovated. However, second and third floors only accessible by steps, which makes the experience less enjoyable. Also, bathroom is down the hall, not in the room. The bedroom was well decorated and comfortable. Parking is good and there is a large deck to enjoy. I was disappointed in the breakfast. There wasn't any meat served and I am not a fan of egg casseroles.
Response by The Sawyer House Bed & Breakfast
Only the Queen Anne's Lace Room has an unattached bathroom, the rest of the rooms have bathrooms in room and have double whirlpools and showers. I don't know of any bed & breakfasts in Door County that have an elevator to get to rooms on second or third floors.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Jack
"Great Hospitality"
We were unable to get to the B&B until 10:30 pm. We were greeted with a smile and accommodation directions for the morning. Very quiet and quaint building. Breakfast was great! Would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
First time stay here
We stayed a night and it was off season, so we were the only guests in the house. We were treated wonderfully and breakfast was great! Anything we needed was available. The house is interesting and to have a room with a fireplace and large whirlpool tub makes this a great place even when the weather is not such. There are a couple great pubs only a block away. I know nothing about Sturgeon Bay but it cannot be far to get to anyplace local, even upper Door Co. Highly recommended.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Tom W
"Boring"
My fiance and I booked this place a few days ahead in the off season in April on line it had gotten good reviews and the web site info seemed good, but when we got there we felt like we were a burden. We checked in at noon not knowing the check in time was at 4pm and it seemed like we were a burden, we checked in dropped our stuff off and ventured out for the day. Usually when you stay at a B&B the owners will give you some info on the place and be pleasant but it was not the case here. In the description of the web site it said that there was private baths but ours was down the hall, it also said flat screen tv and it was a tiny old tv not that we were going to use it but it just seemed odd. We didn't really feel welcome there. We will not be going back. We had a great time in the town just wish our room stay was better.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Great Place to Stay."
We truly enjoyed our stay and would return.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
"Week Stay @ Sawyer House"
I was very comfortable & happy there. The hostess was very kind & approachable. The mornings which she could not cook for us, her sister-in-law took over. She was very personable & funny!
7 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Willem Tensen
"Vacation"
It was okay for the discounted price. Nice breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Quiet and Walking distance to downtown"
This B&B was a pleasure. My mother, sister, and I stayed here for the weekend and had a great time. Breakfast was delicious. We walked downtown easily but there was a lot of places to stay and hang out on-site outside. Lovely.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
"If you like victorian"
If you like victorian, this is definitely your place to stay. However, if you like some modern ammenities, then look somewhere else. Very good location right downtown. Very large room with fire place, super-clean, TV was tiny, bed was not queen-sized as advertised, the fridge was very small, the shower produced only a dribble of water, old-fashioned claw-tub type shower. Bathroom down the hall with at least one room, so beware.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
"Over all a good trip"
Over all it was good stay. My wife & I where just looking for place to stay overnight. Good .. Ruth cooked a very good Breakfeast .. The room was very clean... The interior has super great wood work. The bad....exterior needs some up keep. The location is ok but not super. Overall 85 out of 100 ... And I am tough person to please
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
Rich
"Highly recommended!"
I grew up in the neighborhood, and I'm so glad Ruth has this grand house and has opened it up as a B&B. It's quiet, comfy, and Ruth is wonderful. It's like staying at Grandma's house! It's off the main street so you are away from the noise and traffic of Madison Avenue, but still very close to good food, parks and shops. We will stay there again!
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Katie
"Nice Bed & Breakfast"
This is a bed and breakfast hotel and was very nice. The room was comfortable and was appointed in the customary tradition of a bed and breakfast hotel and included an in suite bathroom with a shower. There was a tasty homemade snack available when we returned at night and the breakfast the next morning was delicious! The owner was personable and I would recommend this for any couple who enjoys this type of accommodation.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
Nice getaway beautiful house
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
"Not quite what we were expecting for a B & B."
The owner was not very cordial. She did not greet us, tell us her name, no pleasantries. She just gave us the tour, showed us our room, and our bathroom. The food for breakfast was good.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
"St. Ann's Lace"
Location was great and easy to find. The room, bed and amenities were good. The separate bathroom was not an issue. The dribbling shower that may or may not include cold water was horrible. This is a no-brainer and a big part of staying anywhere is the bath facilities and shower pressure. Our host, while informative and a good cook, seemed distant and cool. Interaction with guests seemed forced and either uncomfortable or non-caring. I would still highly recommend this B&B, even more so if the shower gets fixed.
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2012
D&D
"Lovely B & B."
Our room was super clean and comfortable. The only complaint we had was that breakfast was served at 9AM. We wish it had been a bit earlier so we could take advantage of breakfast, but, still get out on the road early. Plus, it would have been nice to have access to coffee and tea throughout the day. But, it was a very lovely B & B and we would recommend it to everyone.
Other trip Jul 25, 2012
Lynn Marie
"Great place!"
Great place - thanks for the warm welcome and hospitality the evening before the Door County tri. My own personal breakfast made the night before and placed in my room was most appreciated!!
Other trip Jul 24, 2012
"Excellent breakfast"
The room was nice, the breakfast was excellent. We stayed in the Queen anne's lace room. Only disappointment was that this particular room did not have an attached bathroom. Instead we had our own bathroom down the hall, so minor inconvenience. Also the tv was very tiny. House was very nice. Over 100 years old, but none of the boards creaked which was nice. The food was very good we really enjoyed it, ate too much and had to take a long walk afterwards.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2012
Very pleased with this B&B! Would stay again. Good beds, linens, breakfast and hospitality.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2012
Cindy
This was our first bed and breakfast, and it was a fantastic experience. Great hospitality and a beautiful house. The poctures online don't do it justice. Our room was very nice. If you're going to Sturgeon Bay, you should definitely stay here.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2012
"Nice place but need more communication"
We didn't know the room did not have a connecting bathroom we booked it on Expedia. Even though we were the only people staying in there, the owner would not give us an opportunity to request to change to another room with a connecting bathroom. I asked her how many guests and she said "I don't know". I think she should have been more upfront with us. The owner did not communicate too much with us which is ok unless you need something. But, she did make us gluten free breakfast after we told her our diet restrictions which was very nice of her to do that. All in all, the room was nice but the bathroom, I did not care for.
Other trip Jul 4, 2012
Travelers

"The Sawyer House à recommander"
Accueil très bien petit déjeuner très bien avec des préparation maison et bonne situation et maison calme (il est vrai que nous étions hors saison et donc seuls dans ce B&B de 5 chambres Restaurant proche et typique Par contre, hors saison et temps pas terrible => Ville un peu déserte
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
ritesh
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for The Sawyer House Bed and Breakfast, Llc

"I would like to recommended this bed and breakfast to everybody."
06/22/15 Andrea N
The food she made was absolutely awesome. She was a very nice person to talk to and enjoyed talking to her. On our last morning that we had to check out she had seen that there was possibly going to be savere weather and she told us so that we knew and we really appreciate it. I absolutely liked the rose room the best during my stay because of the two person whirlpool . everything was always really clean and look very nice.Andrea and Dan.
"Nice B&B"
03/08/15 Bradee717 Shiocton, Wisconsin
We stayed here for a last minute night away. We were the only people staying the night so noise was not a problem but do see why other's may have complained about sound from other rooms. The room we stayed in was very large much bigger than I was expecting from the pictures. Loved the 2 person whirlpool. 2 adults could actually fit in it. Breakfast was great. The muffins and jam were my favorite part. There was a nice view from our second story room. The house was very clean. Ruth was nice and made us feel welcome. My only complaint is the room became very warm at night and I didn't want to open the older windows to cool down.
"Ok place to stay for the price you pay"
08/10/14 independent1019 Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This is my first time visiting the door county area. I found the BB on expedia and purchased there. The area is quiet and close to shops. The things I didn't like are: bad noise blocking for rooms especially first floor bedroom. I could hear upstairs walking when they move and running their shower. Took a long time to fall asleep due to that. The owner seemed a little mmmm well didn't smile much. So I felt not as welcomed..I have been to BB before, this is.a one big house with different rooms for rent. So you share common area like the living room and kitchen with other people!
"Great Place to spend Valentine's"
02/18/14 Daniel K Chicago, Illinois
My Girlfriend and I stayed in the Queen Anne's Lace room for a Valentine's weekend getaway. We booked a discounted deal, and it was a great value. The B&B itself is phenomenal. It's an incredibly charming estate. It's just a few blocks from main attractions in town, including a pizza place and an outfitter. During the winter, the rooms are very warm (especially with the gas fire place). Breakfast was INCREDIBLE! Everyone kept asking Ruth for her coffee cake recipes. The only slight detractor is that the bathroom for our specific room. Unlike the other rooms, the Queen Anne's Lace bathroom is down the hall from the actual room. This wasn't a huge deal though. It was still a really nice bathroom and we had plenty of privacy. I can't recommend this place enough!
"Nice Place to Stay"
11/12/13 Shaina D Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I stayed here with a bachelorette party. We had most of the B&B to ourselves. The house is old and large, and the interior is very well maintained and decorated in a classic Victorian style. My room had a large jacuzzi tub in the main bedroom/living space with a separate room for the toilet and sink. I found it odd that the jacuzzi tub is also the shower facility and the only thing separating you from the bedroom was a shower curtain. The tub surround is about 3 feet tall and there isn't a step to climb into it, so use caution getting out after showering or bathing because it's slippery. (When getting out I had to straddle the side and one foot was on the floor outside the tub, the other inside the tub. My food inside the tub slipped and I ended up falling onto my inner thighs and was bruised.) Some other in my group stayed in the suite on the top level. Unlike the rest of the rooms which had 1 bathroom per bedroom, this suite has 2 bedrooms (and a sleeper sofa) and only 1 bathroom with a claw foot tub. The room has a large living space with mini refrigerator. The entire space was somewhat haphazardly decorated in a nautical theme, which bordered on tacky (painted murals on the walls). The entire house was very clean and well maintained. The breakfast table was beautifully set and the food was yummy, albeit not as grand as I was expecting (pretty basic, small portions). The inn keeper is accommodating and nice enough but is not very warm or approachable. She's wasn't very talkative and seemed fairly serious but I didn't interact with her much so I don't know if that's a fair assessment of her personality. Overall, we had a nice stay. I would recommend it!
"Perfect hideaway!"
10/19/13 Chris D Minneapolis, Minnesota
First time in door county making reservations last Minute, was happy to have found this little B&B. very Close to the bay, shops and restaurants yet snuggled a block off the main road up on a hill. The room was beautiful with a huge two person jacuzzi tub. The public areas beautiful with antiques etc.... All the expectations of a quaint B&B. breakfast was good but very simple as opposed to the more opulent B&B breakfasts we had in other places. However, the price here more affordable than most. So loved the whole 3 nights staying here. Thank you for a great Experience.
"Comfortable B&B, great place to relax."
08/26/13 MsJewl Dubai, UAE
Just returned from our long weekend in Door County. Ruth was a pleasant hostess for our weekend. Most of our days were busy site seeing and it was always nice to come back to a comfortable place at the end of each day. The house is lovely Victorian in a neighborhood off the main street. Our breakfasts were always delicious with homemade bakery and jams.
"Lovely stay at The Sawyer House"
07/08/13 bethesdaViking Madison
I booked a room for a last-minute getaway to Door County and based my decision to stay at The Sawyer House on other Tripadvisor reviews. The community did not let me down! This is a large lovely Victorian home with lots of woodwork and stained glass. It is beautifully decorated and Ruth sets a beautiful table for breakfast with many homemade goodies. I would recommend this B&B as a base for exploring Door County. We had the Trillium Room which has a large whirlpool. It also features a fireplace which would be nice for a fall visit. I am a stickler for cleanliness and this place is absolutely spotless! Great choice and great price.
"Songfest stay"
06/19/13 bushmckay De Pere, Wisconsin
Lovely B&B within walking distance of downtown and all the Steelbridge Songfest activities. Ruth is a great hostess and she enjoys cooking. Very cool old victorian style home. Room was very large and comfortable. Great value. Shower water pressure was only disappointment.
"Gateway To Door County"
05/21/13 Alice T Warren, Michigan, United States
The home is very nice and in a quiet location. The breakfasts' were home-made and delicious. Fresh muffins and home-made jelly too. The brownies Ruth , our host, put out for an evening snack were very yummy. The bed was very comfortable and the gas fireplace was a very nice touch as well. Although were stayed in mid-May the weather was pleasant enough to sit on the deck which is quite large ( big enough for a few couples/groups to gather and not intrude on each other ).Sawyer House is a gateway to Door County, we traveled up the east side and down the west side. There are many quaint small towns -- Fish Creek, Egg Harbor-- along the way to either eat, shop, or just to walk around and take in the peaceful views, of either Lake Michigan or Green Bay as each has a beauty of its own.