All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Weststrasse 152, Zurich, ZH, 8003, Switzerland, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Great value for Zurich!"
Make sure to do your research and plan ahead. This is not a fancy hotel but the amenities are suitable for the price, and a great value for Zurich. Hotel to was very clean, great location (fun young neighbourhood), close to tram stop, lots of restaurants, and near enough to the city center (30 minute walk). Only minus really had to do with Internet access. It is free but you have to call a mber from your mobile to get a code, which means you are roaming. It worked great though once all that was settled.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Ray
"Nice room"
Auto checkin, comfy room
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
erick
"It was okay.."
Stayed there 1 night, so it was just okay. The bathroom was clean, and plenty of hot water. But the bad side was, there was nothing to use in the kitchen. And the wifi information on the wall was wrong. so I had to ask to people staying in other room. Luckily they let me know the way they figured out. FYI, there is no elevator.
1 night family trip May 21, 2014
"A horrible place"
Guest West end charged me for two rooms but only have me one. Wifi did not work. Staff is rude and unresponsive
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Hotel is ok to crash"
The Hotel is good for a couple of days. Don't expect anything, then you will have a nice time here. Beds are very narrow but comfortable. There are some weird people around the Hotel, well I think it has to do with the brothel next Door.
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
Everything was great, just we could not get our keys when digiting the indicated code(booking password), at the end we got it after we called the reception, so we had to wait. For the rest, we liked it!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Not premium bedding"
Quiet location near city center (20 minutes by foot, 6min by tram). Clean room, but uncomfortable bedding. Duvet was smaller than the bed and not enough for two people. We didn't sleep well.
4 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
"once you get used to the system, its great"
Just a heads up. if you are renting apt, you get a key and a maid to clean it few times a week. Not front desk and other hotel service. All swiss apt are located close to stores like Coop, where you buy grocery and stuff. On Westend152, the kitchen is only in Room 1 and then there is a shared kitchen and free laundry on the second floor. I cook daily, because I am picky to what I eat, kitchen is a must for me. Hope this review helped.
6 night business trip Jan 5, 2014
The Guest house is conveniently located not far from the tram stops. You can reach city center in less than 10 minutes. There is a free parking for three cars just outside the guest house, but one can also park in the blue zone parking lots for the nigh time.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"relative cheap compared with other hotels there."
No bad. However we thought there might be a kitchen but in fact not. The door of the toilet can be closed.Quite embarrassed.
2 night trip Oct 29, 2013
"Wifi great, price decent but nothing special"
Place was OK but no front desk, auto system gave us top floor and with no elevator lugging huge bags was a pain. Angeled ceiling made 1/2 the room virtually inaccessible without crouching and then still hit your head! Shower tiny & bed not that great. Neighborhood OK and close to transport, wi fi is was great with router right outside our door. Doesn't cost an arm & a leg like most Swiss places - just an arm ;)
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2013
Gabe
"Good for Bed, TV and WiFi only"
If you only need a bed, a TV and WiFi this accommodation is good. You receive your room key on a dispenser at the entrance and drop it when you leave. Room were clean, bathroom was very tiny. Just to sleep one night it's perfect and cheap.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2013
Marco
"like hostel"
I would say you get wht you pay for, coz the hotel in zurich is kind of expensive. so we thought this might be a good shoot,since we only spend one night.but didnt get a good night sleep while we were there; more suitable for backpacker i guess; if you are traveling with family or childern wont be the good place to stay. but still have to say, the staff were nice(but the place didnt offer service at all.)
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
eva
We stayed for a night at this hotel. Room was on top floor. Very clean and new! Nice interior. Room a little small but cozy! Bathroom very modern an clean! Have to be lucky to get a parking lot (there are only 2 of them). All in all very good price/quality ratio!
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"reasonable place to stay"
This location was very close to an event I was participating in. I arrived late in the evening. Luckily I had my confirmation number in the email on my phone because I needed it to automatically release the key card for entry. Without it, I would have been hosed. The amenities were simple: instant coffee and tea. The light switch in the bathroom had a broken frame but functioned fine. The wood slats in the floor were loose, but not problematic. I appreciated the real glass drinking glass in the bathroom. The water was nice and hot. The bathroom fixtures were modern. Staff was friendly the next morning when I went for breakfast (a few blocks away at the main desk). I would stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2013
Mr. X

"Unhappy guest"
Absolutely unhappy
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
Vladislava
"Locked out of hotel"
There is no reception. We were suppose to receive a code to get our key unlocked but the owner never had time to give us a code. So we had to frantically run around to try and find a way to call him. Many tourists don't have phone connection without paying a ton for roaming fees. Finally a very nice local man was able to get a hold of him to get our key. A phone connection is required to get wifi access which is ridiculous. So expect to pay roaming fees and text message fees to receive a code.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
adam
"Worth the $"
Very nice, clean, and comfortable! Would definitely stay again.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"Depends what you are looking for"
We needed a cheap place to crash in Zurich for the night and this worked well. Close to train station, large clean room. Couldn't get internet to work. Got key easily. Note the front door isn't locked ...that's why your key doesn't work for it. Was a quiet neighbourhood. Nice that there is laundry available.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Zurich Getaway"
I visited Zurich for a job interview and was lucky because my room key was available at 11am which gave me enough time to settle in prior to my interview. It was easy to get the key from the keypad security box with the code provided from Guesthouse. The room was nice but there wasn't a balcony as indicated in the description. But it was clean and well kept. The one big issue I had was the lack of internet. The instructions at the back of the room door were not helpful as it had the wrong connection information. I had to go to the nearest Starbucks to e-mail the Guesthouse employees who responded promptly. However, in the hotel description it did not state that you needed a working cell phone to have the internet code SMS'd to you. It was a huge hassle to go back and forth from my hotel room to Starbucks to continue with work correspondence. I wish that Guesthouse would clarify the use of internet connection in their description.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Good apartment, nice neighbourhod"
We enjoyed our stay at this apartment. It was spacious and comfortable with a nice modern bathroom. Great location. Walking distance to the main sights of Zurich. Issues: the system by which you extract your key from a box on the front door does not work well - our expedia booking number did not work as our code. There is no onsite reception staff. We had to use the phone of a passerby to call the manager who told us our code was something completely different! this was frustrating. I had attempted to find the email contact details for the apartments so I could check our code in advance, but I couldn't find the details. The wifi in the hotel would not work for us and there was no reception to enquire to. Overall I still recommend these apartments but they would be better suited to travelers with connected mobile phones in case issues arise. Also the apartment owners should really have a manual with information, city maps etc in the absence of a front reception.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Clean and simple"
Bang for the buck you can't go wrong. Clean simple. Short walk to tram line to get to central train station. Wifi code on door of the room however wasn't able to locate server in settings so useless. Other guests had same issue... And since there is no staff present or way to reach them you are SOL.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
anthony
"Cheap Stay in Zurich"
Check-In without Reception was not a problem. Room size was a bit small for 2 people... But this was the room facing the back of the building. Had a glimpse of the room facing the street... That was definitely bigger and would've been more comfortable for two. But the bath was too small. The shower curtains made it even stuffier while showering. The room and bath were clean. Hot water, microwave and fridge was working. No kettle in the room. Heater was not working as far as I could tell. Kitchen looked equipped but no forks or spoons. It is kinda like a good hostel, but could be better. But for a third of the price of other hotels in Zurich - you could live with those inconveniences for a few days. 6th tram stop (Kalkbrite) from Zurich HB and a short walk will get u there.. 2km roughly. Plenty of grocery stores and kebab joints within walking distance from the apartment. Not a bad place to stay.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Muslem
MY
"Cheap hotel in Zurich."
We were looking for a very cheap accommodation nearby, two days before getting there and we found this Guesthouse, which was a pleasant surprise, as we were told Zurich was very expensive.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Cheap comfy accommodation"
The stay was absolutely fine, the electronic entry system actually being rapid, easy and convenient. The room was a lovely attic room with a shower-only bathroom - great for a one night stay. I didn't need the fridge, microwave, TV or wifi but they were there if required. I would only comment that the promised black out curtains were thin gauze curtains, letting in all the morning light, and we were initially only given a handtowel between two of us! Luckily a cleaner came by in time and gave us an extra towel.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Excellent place to stay in Zurich"
My wife and I recently stayed here and had a great experience. Out room was clean, tidy, quiet And comfortable. We had a great kitchen with laundry facilities right next to our room. The staff were great and answered all our questions promptly. It's in a convenient location only 20 minutes walk from the train station. Rent a bike if you can, it's a great way to see the city.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"so so"
no service; sleep only
2 night trip Jul 10, 2013
SG
"No reception, otherwise good value"
There is no reception so there's a very DIY feel to it. Otherwise good value.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
azerty
"Not typical Hotel"
Its fine accomdation. There are no staff and you have to check yourself in. Room's are very clean and modern enough. I would have no complaints. Location is about 20 min walk from main station
3 night trip Apr 8, 2013
Patrick
"nice hotel"
The hotel is clean and nice. The staff are very much willing to help as well (and fluent in English). The hotel is not far from tram station (line 3). A simple shortcoming is that the bed size is a bit small.
Other trip Jan 29, 2013

Pas terrible. J avais demandé un lit bébé qui n était pas là et comme il n y avait pas de réception, c était dur de réclamer... Le lit double pas super grand non plus, alors à trois... Et le cartier pas terrible.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Angeline
BE
"Ok og rent. Meget støjende om sommeren."
Besøgte hotellet under hedebølgen i juni 2015. Ingen aircondition, og ved at have åbnede vinduerne kunne man, ud over at høre hovedvejens trafik, også høre både naboernes samtale og samtalerne som foregik i bygningerne på den anden side. Til den pris som man betaler her, skulle man mene at sådanne forhold var udelukket. Frarådes om sommeren.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
DK
"wifi"
wifi account is different from the room description.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2015
CHUNG-MING
TW
A principal vantagem do hotel é a localização, próximo de estação, mercado próximo e poucos minutos dos principais pontos turísticos. Não teve serviço de quarto. Mas pra quem está a passeio e precisa apenas dormir e um bom banheiro, é suficiente. O código pra receber a chave automaticamente não funcionou, tive que procurar um telefone público pra conseguir o código certo.
3 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Guilherme
Für meinen Bedarf war das Zimmer OK , kahm erst spät in das Zimmer
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2015
Ulrich
CH
"Clean self service appartment"
It is okay. Need to change tram 3 from HB station. The area is safe but little far from the city center. No breakfast. Wifi is good. Respond email quickly but nearly could not offer any real help. No lift, need to drag the laggage. Change to another hotel with 2/3 more price, then i love the trip finally. Price to value is just so so. The shower is good. The kitchen is there but you need to have a pot. Generally- i wont stay next time. Not easy to explore the city and prefer some closer ones. If you are not from Europe, strongly suggest stay in some hotel with service ( ie . Adapter, map, tour, reception, etc).
3 night trip Jun 25, 2015
Jiahui
HK
"Bom custo-benefício"
Bom custo-beneficio, boa localização, com fácil acesso ao transporte público. Bairro tranquilo. Quarto espaçoso e limpo. Única desvantagem é não ter elevador, o que dificulta subir com as malas se estiver no último andar.
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"Geen enkele service"
Dit is een van de slechtste hotels die ik ken. Een piepkleine badkamer, vieze bekers, we kregen geen schone handdoeken, geen airco, slechts één bedlampje, geen receptie. Ze beloven gratis wifi voor gasten, maar vergeet het maar. Als je belt doen ze niks voor je. Ze hadden het geld al van onze rekening afgeschreven voordat we er waren.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
NL
"Check in y Wi-Fi."
Solo a la hora de llegada no me quería dar la llave para entrar que no era los ultimos 5 num. de mi reservación. Complicado para obtener red de Wi-Fi me pedía una cuenta.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2015
cesar
MX
"Rimelig og praktisk"
Vi hadde to overnattinger i Zürich. Flott rom. God plass for to med kjøleskap, mikro, tv, strykejern og wifi. Lite, men ok bad. Ligger nært både Lochergut og Wiedikon for kommunikasjon.
2 night trip with friends Apr 29, 2015
Torunn
"pas mal"
+La propreté des chambres/de l’hôtel +L’emplacement de l’hôtel - Auto service
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Hui
FR
"fair enough"
Excelente check in. ningun imprevisto. ideal para el precio
2 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
MX
"Grosse décéption, plus jamais ça"
AUCUN ACCUEIL: juste une boite extérieure qui distribue votre clé de chambre après fait un code (il faut téléphoner pour l'avoir. Cela n'était pas mentionné dans la réservation RESERVATION INADEQUATE: (Hotel.com aussi responsable ??) quand on on parle de chambre double et que l'on demande spécifiquement 2 lits séparés, on devrait recevoir un avis indiquant que ce n'est pas possible. J'aurais alors CHANGE ma réservation. On n'a obtenu q'un double lit incomfortable. UNE SEULE LAMPE DE CHEVET INEFFICACE
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
jacques
"avis"
Excellent rapport qualité-prix. Ce dernier étant particulièrement compressé, le personnel est bien sûr réduit au minimum, inutile d'espérer voir un réceptionniste… Ce qui n'a pas dérangé pour le reste. La chambre était propre, le quartier calme.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
CH
"Good for the price. But attention..."
Attention: When you arrive in this guest house you should have a code to receive the key, the paper in the door says that is the last five digits from your reservation but in my case was not and I don't had any code to access my room, I also didn't had any mobile phone with me, so was a trouble to find a public phone, call for the house manager and get the code. This is a property where is allowed to smoke so we feel a strong smell of cigarette, but was a fine for the price. We didn't find the wi-fi connection proposed by the paper in the door but we find a MONZOON hotspot for public connection and we called to a number and got a code to access, very good internet by the way.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Max
"Non male..."
A noi purtroppo e capitata la camera dell´ultimo piano,mentre le altre erano abbastanza grandi...quindi molto piccola e molte scale da fare. La camera mai pulita!!!
3 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
IT
"Bien sauf couverture"
Bonjour, la couverture est pour un lit simple, donc beaucoup trop petite, à sérieusement améliorer bien cordialement michael halter
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
MICHAEL
FR
"Nette Unterkunft relativ zentral"
Ist halt günstig, aber für einen Trip ausreichend. Die Schlüsselausgabe funktioniert einfach und gut!! Erwartet aber kein Hotel, es ist eine einfache Unterkunft. Man kann das Zentrum in einer halben Stunde gut zu Fuß erreichen!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
DE
"gute, anonyme Übernachtung"
Super Übernachtungsgelegenheit nach dem Weihnachtsessen.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2014
"Pessimo"
La posizione un po dislocata dell'hotel non sarebbe stato un problema, se non fosse stato che a parità di prezzo o poco più è possibile alloggiare nel cuore della città. Comunque i collegamenti con il centro sono ottimi, tram n.3 ogni 5/6 minuti e in 10 minuti sei arrivato, ma perché scegliere quest'hotel poco conveniente, se puoi risparmiare anche il costo del tram e avere di sicuro un servizio migliore? Poi ho constatato, che non avere nessuno alla reception non è piacevole quando si va in una città che non si conosce e magari sarebbe stato utile avere un primo contatto d'accoglienza. Due giorni non abbiamo visto nessuno, tutto in automatico compreso avere il codice per avere la chiave ed entrare in camera. Importante sarebbe stato poter manifestare anche piccoli inconvenienti che ci possono essere in un hotel, ad esempio non funzionava la luce delle scale e ci siamo dovuti fare quattro piani al buio su una scala strettissima con i bagagli in mano (non c'è ascensore). Tutto si potrebbe superare, ma quello che meno mi è piaciuto è stata la pulizia, anzi diciamo l'igiene...inesistente, pavimento sporco e ho avuto anche dubbi sul cambio di biancheria da letto. Che dire...scegliete altro!
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014