All hotels in Kapolei, Hawaii, United States of America
92-1185 Ali inui Drive, Kapolei, HI, 96707, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Customer service is excellent I will stay here"
Excellent for families clean and wholesome many activities beaches are clean Customer service is excellent I will stay here again
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Vernon
"A nice place, but a bit disappointing"
Went during the busiest season so we expected it to be crowded. We have 2 teens so the noise level of the younger ones was loud and irritating. Forgot what it was like to be surrounded by little ones all the time. Food was mediocre at hotel restaurants. Would suggest eating outside the hotel if possible. Nice resort, most of the staff was pleasant and helpful. Beautiful beaches and pools. More air conditioning in public spaces (lobby, restaurants, etc) would have been nice. It was hard to escape the heat unless you went back to your room.
5 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Top Dollar for Bad Service"
What a disappointment! We arrived early so our room wasn't ready. No problem. They would keep our bags. They even had a changing lounge. But there wasn't a single seat available anywhere... no open chairs where we could rest while the kids swam. We walked around forever and found nothing. The "lounge" was one small room overflowing with people. My wife and I wound up sitting on the ground, waiting for our room... which wasn't ready when they said it would be. An hour late, they let us into our room. The smell of cleaning products was overwhelming. I called for the bags. They told me it would be an hour and half! I went down to get them myself. It was chaos. It took 15 minutes for them to FIND our bags. Yes, the rooms are lovely. The resort is beautiful. But it's SO overcrowded. I asked a worker if chairs by the pool were always so hard to get. "Oh yes," she told me," you need come down by 7am if you want a seat." Great! So that worked. My kids seemed to be having fun. I asked my 10-year-old what she thought. "well," she sighed, "the lazy river is too crowded to even move, and I waited in line for the water slide and then decided to give up." We went to see the story teller. No seats. Never mind. Thumbs down from me.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Jeffrey
"AWESOME"
Excellent!!! It was amazing and loved every moment!!
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Maria
"The absolute best!"
Words cannot do this hotel justice. It was spectacular in very way. The staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome, the hotel is in impeccable condition. 5 stars all around
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
The Aulani is beautiful but huge. Prepare yourself for hoards of people. The check-in process took longer than expected and lines everywhere were long. The elevators were quick which was great. Our rooms faced the ocean and were lovely. Not so lovely was the amplified music every night that echoed up and bounced off of the semi-circle of buildings...and we were on the 11th floor! If you want a quiet room, get one facing the mountain. It was difficult to find a lounge chair after 10am. Big plus was being able to rent a mini-cabana for only $40 all day. Totally worth it. If you want to avoid the crowded water, walk to your left down the walking path to the next lagoon (there are 4). There are no chairs, but it's pretty much empty and I found some shade under a palm tree. Heaven on earth. The restaurants were jam packed and you really, really should make reservations 4-6 months in advance. Make more than you think you'll need and cancel them if you don't need them, because trying to make reservations last minute was basically impossible. I used the gym a few times and it was clean and really well stocked with equipment. Another big plus, was being within walking distance to Roys. If you haven't eaten there, what are you waiting for? There's an ABC store across the street to buy drinks and sundries. Okay, but I wish the ares was a bit more developed. Overall, the resort is great. I would go back in a heartbeat!
4 night family trip May 8, 2015
Shannon
"Overpriced"
Very short. Not enough time to use everything. Thought the cost per night was way over priced. The beach access was not worth it.
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Nice hotel for family"
Stay was awesome, lagoon was so convenient- no need to drive to a beach. Kids activities were exciting. Safe resort
Other trip May 22, 2015
Mai
"Great place to take 3-8yr old kids on vacation!"
Beautiful resort. Clean. Comfortable. Auntie beach house was awesome. This is the place to take kids 3-8 years old if you want to vacation in Hawaii. They had a blast! We have a 3 and 5 year old. They enjoyed this place to the fullest!! My complaints. 1.Food was mediocre at best. And very expensive when I'm paying El Goucho prices I expect at least better than average food. 2.not very good on communicating activities and such. Other than that. Awesome place and time.
josh
"Best location"
Had an excellent time. Lots to do but my suggestion would be to rent a car for your entire stay. Even though the hotel charges you a fee for overnight parking, having a car to visit the island is worth it
Lizbeth
"Nice family hotel"
Spent 6 days here. We had an awesome time. Everyone was so nice and helpful. You really didn't need to leave the property as everything was there. Hope to return with more family members someday
nene
"Fun for the family"
Ideal hotel for spending quality time with your children. I found the rooms astonishingly quiet considering the number of families with toddlers/young children
Other trip May 19, 2015
GJ
"Exactly what we expected"
Aulani was just as we expected. The pools/water activities were great and a big hit with our 9 and 2 year old. The staff is attentive and there are plenty of daily activities you can join to keep them busy. The only downside is the food. It's set up more like Disney and less like a Hawaiian resort with a lot of prepackaged or fried options. It's a bummer they don't have more of a family grill for lunch. We walked across the street to eat dinner at the Mexican cantina and Monkey Pod two nights for better food at better prices.
4 night family trip May 7, 2015
"My Hawaii disney trip"
No shuttles are available from the airport to the resort, must book with a third party. Disney staff will connect you with those services. Lots to do for children at the resort so they should not get bored.
Other trip May 12, 2015
This is the perfect resort for families. My boys loved it! Can't wait to return next year.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Great Resort, Disney Quality."
Biggest surprise was for me was the lack of in your face Disney characters. It was the perfect balance of Hawaii and Disney!
6 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"Can't wait to go back!"
We had a fabulous time! We enjoyed every minute. The staff was accommodating, the location is beautiful, and the rooms were very nice.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Very nice and fun, but it will cost you:)"
Wonderful hotel, but you had better be an early riser as you must head to the pool by 7 am to even get a chair and I'm not kidding:). vERY expensive at every turn to include charging you down to the salsa that goes on your $30 egg! Loved the amenities, but again beware of the kids club as you'll need to prepare to wait long periods to allow your kid access as the club was full throughout the day. I didn't mind standing there 30-40 minutes so my child could play, but just know that's the norm:). Kids will have a blast and for $150+, characters can walk by your table at breakfast:). It's a blast, but save your pennies! Great food across the street and fairly reasonable, along with the mini market saved us with regard to snacks etc. be sure to take uber or a shuttle to the resort as a straight taxi is costly to get to Aulani.
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Spring break surprise."
Surprised the kids with a stay at Aulani. Even my very picky husband thought the hotel was excellent. Very welcoming for first timers and the kids had a blast. The bathroom was nicer than mine at home. And perfect subtle touches of Disney throughout. No major theme park attitude here. Just relax and enjoy.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Not what family expected!"
Nice property NOT great...limited things to do. It was NOT a MAGICAL experience. Lots of little ones having fun at the pools. Swimming pools open late. Long lines to get towels and bracelets. Food at the different places was the same. They need to change the food they offer at least two or three times a week. Bar didn't have pineapples for their drinks.... their answer (we'll check for you tomorrow).
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
VRVD
"Beautiful resort just outside the city."
I was skeptical to pay the price we did to stay at this resort but our kids have wanted to stay there since it first opened. We agreed to spend our last two nights on Oahu there and I wish we would have stayed there for the entire vacation. Such a nice, friendly, beautiful resort! The buffet is wonderful and worth every cent. The character breakfast was great and fun for the kids. There is so much for the kids to do that is included in the price of your stay. The resort is in a more secluded golf community. A nice change from Waikiki. Across from the resort is a small, nice strip mall area with a grocery store, coffee shops, shaved ice, reasonably priced restaurants and cute clothing boutiques. There is a interactive game that can be checked out for free. The props around this resort that interact with the game are amazing. Last, lifeguards are plenty and great. It is very hard for me to relax with my kids around water. The lifeguards especially around the lazy river are constantly on guard. They did a great job if giving me an extra set of eyes. We will be back!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Great Family Vacation"
Beautiful resort with excellent service. Beach is very clean and there are no issues getting beach chairs. The resort provides beach toys and boards at no charge. The water is crystal clear and the lagoon is sheltered so it is safe from large waves. The pool decks are busy and it's hard to get a chair in the morning. The resort is very well laid out and although they had 100% occupancy, I didn't feel like it was too busy. Food at the resort is just OK in the restaurants, but there are some great choices in the area. The kids LOVED aunties beach club.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
NH
Very good experience. Good service, good staff. Nice environment in the resort. And very deli breakfast buffet.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Amazing! The place was always clean. A long line for auntys beach house so get there at 7 before they open to make line. Other than that i would live there if I could
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Never will go back, head anywhere but here!"
My party was me, my friend (fractured her ankle on our trip) and my daughter (1yr). We were rushed and the employees wanted to get us out of the way I say this because: 1. Valet failed to give me a claim slip, which was different from the luggage slip. I discovered this at checkout, when I asked the Bellmen for assistance and said I need my car. Second, my friend needed help, as she was newly on crutches. A wheelchair was provided for her, but then she said that she pretty much felt "dumped into it" as the Bellman just left her. This made for a terrible impression on her. At no point did someone offer to help wheel her to our room. When we were checking in, I was rushed to a desk to be checked in. While I was waiting for my friend in the wheelchair, I provided my credit card and id, as the employee seemed in a hurry to check us in. She assured me at 4 different points that my card would not be charged and at no time were we offered a room closer to the lobby to be easier to access for my friend. I went to switch the credit card on file to charge, to my friends card. The rudest front desk person I have ever encountered, first called me to her station, only to let me wait 5 minutes before assisting me , which she wasn’t really able to do. My daughter wasn't impressed either
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Excellent for kids, great time!"
Pros: Great room, clean, friendly staff, superb pools and awesome beach. If you include Disney characters wandering around that makes it awesome. Shows are great, especially for the kids. Cons: Most activities targeted for older kids: There was one person at Auntie's house (Tele) who was somehow rude when we tried to sneak in for the last 15 minutes of open house in the morning. Lines for breakfast are long, Ulu Cafe is way too small for the number of people trying to eat there.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Gabe
"Great hotel very friendly staff."
Excellent for the majority of time. There were a number if less than positive experiences with the "teen age" staff.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
HC professional
"Kiddies Paradise But Eat Elsewhere"
Pools are fun and it's great for families. Like a utopia for thousands of screaming happy children armed with plastic forks and running into your knee caps. Dining and bars were all lousy. Poor service. Unapologetic staff. Bus girl kept saying waitress would take our drink orders and never came despite multiple requests at two different bars. French onion soup was disgusting with a pound of globby cheese and a few spoonfuls of soup. Buffet was just gross. Dine next door at Ihilani. When you are paying $600 a night, don't charge $35 a day for parking.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Jacquelyn
"ask all your of questions before you commit"
great fun for kids don't expect to have visitors with out paying an additional fee one Staff member that stood out and went the extra mile was a very friendly front desk manager Len....... :)
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"fantastic time at Aulani"
We upgraded to a room with a better view the day after we got there and I'm so glad we did. It made our Hawaii experience so much better. Pat Sajak and Vanna White were stayng in the hotel shooting commercials and we were able to get pictures with them. The food was delicious and staff was kind and attentive to our needs. A beautiful week there! Aloha, Bob & Pam
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
bob and pam
"Amazing hotel for families and couples!"
Aulani is the best hotel on Oahua I guarantee it! We went there on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! It has a lot of family amenities but is also great for couples. Disney is a class act! From the staff to the overall hotel facilities everything was a 10! Beautiful beach with calm waters. Every person that works at Aulani will greet you with a smile on their face and is always willing to help you in any way. The hotel grounds are so beautiful and easy to navigate. One day we visited Honolulu and Waikiki beach and were so happy we decided to stay farther away from the city. It was so crowded, windy, and dirty. Ko Olina is so pristine and beautiful. Also no awful traffic like Honolulu! The restaurants were all delicious and great food quality. Ulu Cafe has delicious breakfast which was part of our meal plan. Ama Ama is delicious and has a great view with excellent servers. Off the hook and the buffet are also delicious. We enjoyed snorkeling in the Rainbow Reef which was very inexpensive. We weren't able to go off the resort snorkeling because of choppy waters so this was awesome! They also offer paddle boarding and kayaking at the beach! So much fun! The spa is also such a treat! We got a couples massage and were treated so wonderfully. The spa is so beautiful! Overall we had the most wonderful honeymoon at Aulani and are already planning our next trip back!
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
kelly
"Great! Even if you don't like Disney"
First, you get the classic Disney immersion and customer service. The lobby is gorgeous and open air with floor to ceiling windows. The staff are always helpful and will do their best for your. EVEN if you don't like Disney, you should look here. Yes, you are at a Disney resort and they have their branding on things. However, unlike the park hotels, you can go the entire time without seeing one of the characters (I only saw them one morning when I passed the area for the character breakfast and when we went to the Starlit Hui which was an awesome show). My only real complaint was that it was a pain trying to find towels.... Once you figure out where to go then you're good. Pool was great and they have adult only areas to get away from the kids. Beach was fantastic and is in a protected cove so you can float around without getting pummeled by waves. You're away from the Waikiki mess but keep in mind the tradeoff is fighting the traffic which is the worst I've seen. However, for how great the room was (we got the cheapest option and had more than enough room and a great view; only problem was I didn't like the comfort level of the bed) and the fantastic design of the hotel and their staff; you would be stupid to pass this over.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Awesome place to stay"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The lazy river and slides were totally fun.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Love it"
Love the hotel. Keep the kids busy. But sadly we we're charge 13 dollar over on our bill. So I guess need to watch out.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Gurgling Cooling System"
Great hotel and staff, however beware of the room with the gurgling vent! Apparently, there are a handful of rooms which have a large 2x3 open vent. I was told it is part of the cooling system. It is very loud at night and it sounds like the toilet is running. I called to ask about it and was told there is nothing they could do to make it quieter at night. If you enter your room and see a large metal perforated grating, change rooms, you will be glad you did!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Pamela
"Perfect Family Vacation"
Aulani is the perfect family getaway. Everything is there. You diny have to leave. Disney does Hawaii right!
8 night family trip Jan 21, 2015
"Hotel not the same as when first opened."
Activities excellent .Staff can be very nasty.Prior stay last year was great.They appear toe cutting costs. Staff unhappy.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
jJi
Nice hotel better for small kids lots of pools and restaurants Food not so good and very expensive, try the Mexican restaurant across the street they have good food, service and price. But other than that Paradise!
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Carmonas
"Beautiful resort, very family-oriented!"
The Aulani was a magical place to celebrate my son's birthday! We enjoyed the pools, hot tubs, water park, snorkeling on the Rainbow Reef, borrowing Disney DVDs, and playtime at Aunty's beach house nearly every day of our weeklong stay. I ordered a relatively small but very expensive chocolate malt ball cake from the private dining service, and it was among the most delicious cakes I've ever enjoyed. My kids loved the morning beach play sessions, fire pit storytelling, kayaking around the lagoon, and especially the spectacular water featuers/waterfalls all over the property. I have 2 complaints: (1) one afternoon, the property ran out of life jacket vests and towels. The staff sent us on a wild goose chase hunting down supplies. (2) breakfast time was always unpleasant at the Ulu Cafe, mostly because of the long lines. One day, the manager comp'd me a half papaya as an apology for his staff's poor handling of my order and the order before mine. That sweetened our breakfast. Overall, I found the Aulani staff to be warm, welcoming, helpful, and always trying their best. My 2 complaints were small incidents in an otherwise amazing and magical week. There's no question that we'll come back again, maybe for my son's next birthday.
6 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Alana
"Do not spend your own money on this place"
If this hotel was rated a 4 or a 3.5 star, my rating would be significantly higher. But for a 5-star hotel, this hotel falls flat on its face. If you are paying your own money, find a different location. If you have some points or membership, this is not a bad place to stay. Here are some of the reasons why I would not go back. - We checked into our room, only to find leftover food, used towels, etc. Not a good first impression. - They gave us a new room with supposedly an upgrade; unfortunately, that was not the case. - Breakfast was included in our package. Unfortunately, it is not the same breakfast that you would expect at a 5-star hotel. If you show up late, if was difficult to get some of the food. In addition, the lines were long. The restaurant where Disney characters show up is a different restaurant that you need to pay separately. - The pool was nice but it was also a zoo. You need to show up early to find a place to sit. If you showed up around 11am, there wasn't an empty chair. (FYI - we stayed during early January). - We asked for directions and some of the staff gave us wrong directions. We stopped by the concierge and he pointed us to a particular restaurant near the pool. I spent 5-10 minutes looking for the restaurant, only to find out that the restaurant closed down 1 year ago!!! - There really isn't too much Disney about the hotel. - The beach (lagoon) is ok/nice but the lagoon next door was better.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Perfection"
Beautiful resort. Perfect for kids. Room service answers the phone with "what can I do for you (insert last name) ohana" ... So cool. Every little detail and more at this place. Worth the $
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great place for a family vacation"
Great place for a family vacation, the only draw back is the food, the main restaurant is good, but the others are not that good. It better to leave the resort area for better and less expensive food. I understand your paying for convenience, but the food quality should still be worth the money
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
A.
Paid $700 for a night stay, expecting and requested a nice view, didn't end up with what we paid, other than that the stay was fine.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great hotel for the whole family!"
We stayed here for our last night in Hawaii and our kids did not want to leave! The entire staff was so friendly and ever so helpful. The character breakfast is a must and the buffet was one of the best we've ever had with both western and island choices. The lazy river was my kids favorite amongst the many activities to do, the water was warm! What we appreciated most was the hospitality suite which we were able to shower and change in before leaving for the airport. We will definitely return for a longer stay!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Salome
"A fun hotel for families with kids."
The hotel staff were friendly, helpful and pleasant. We were able to have rooms next to each other with a blocked doorway between rooms. Size of rooms were just right. The activities that were provided were great. Children especially enjoyed the pool all day! The buffet breakfast at the Makahiki Restaurant was not appetizing. The fish and the loco moco burger was not cooked and practically raw. Not much of a selection of fruits. Overall, not worth the price for what they charged.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Mari
"Family-friendly hotel"
Great place to stay for kids who love swimming and playing in the water. Split our time between the pools and the beach!
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
R
"Great family vacations"
Espectacular the hotel for family and kids it's amazing
5 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
Vanessa
"good for family has children"
500 dollar means view parking lot,lower floor,bad staff!
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
jessica
"Was a great family trip!!"
Surprised the kids with a trip to Hawaii and Aulani!! I was upgraded to a partial ocean view, it was a beautiful view of the ocean and mountain side. Kids loved the 3 different pools and Autie's Beach house( which gave mom and dad some alone time). Rented some of the ocean equipment was fun. Kids did not want to leave the hotel after all of the things they could do. Each day there is a activity sheet for all to see. Highly recommend to stay here if you have a family that likes to have fun. Kids are 9 and 5 at the time of the trip.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Great Family Vacation Spot"
This was our second time at Aulani and will come back next year. One of the best Resorts in Hawaii. Kids love the water activities and the beach is amazing. Food is ok and pricey. The ocean view are one of kind.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014