All hotels in Prague, Czech Republic
Thamova 26, Prague 8, Prague, 18000, Czech Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Clean and nice hotel with a good location"
I was very surprised by the services this hotel is offering and the attendance I got every time I asked for information and help. Rooms are clean and spacey, location is very convenient. I would recommend this hotel to the other travelers without any doubt, I was very content.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Pleasent stay near to the Prague city center"
I have to say my short stay was very pleasant and I really did enjoy the helpfulness and kindness of the personell at the reception. There was especially one young lady called Milica whose help and outstanding attitude id like to point out. Im alwazs happy to deal with professional and positive employees around the world who make my impression not even of the hotel but also the city Im visiting better. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Prague and is looking for a nice clean hotel near to the center for a good price.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Avoid"
Worn out carpet, faded yellow wall paint, stiff and squeaky bathroom faucet handles, and a room door that seemed to be constructed of paper mache....these factors made our stay uncomfortable, to say the least. Didn't look like the photos and at the rate we paid, could/should have found a newer, better hotel. Wifi non-existent on upper floors. Upon asking for compensation, front desk offered an extra discount at the restaurant next door, which we accepted, but then the restaurant proceeded to overcharge us for the meal! Made our blood boil and is a bad Prague memory to go along with the good ones. Avoid Hotel Charles.
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2014
"Bad start good finish"
My wife and I arrived at the hotel from the airport around 8pm, but to our surprise, we were redirected to another hotel for the night. The other hotel was better and the transportation by taxi back and forth was paid for and all, but it was far from an ideal situation. I hear it is not that unheard of for this hotel. We were very tired but the girl at reception was so apologetic and cordial in helping us, it was far from the most unpleasant experience we had in Prague.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Donguk
"Great hip neighbourhood and metro station"
Reasonable hotel, close to the city centre, right on the metro and tram stations, simply furnished but clean rooms. Unless you want to spend your holidays in the hotel and its amenities, but searching the city and great hotel neighbourhood Karlin with lots of cafes and restaurants, I can only recommend to stay.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Sarka
"Good location and price"
Reasonably central and right next to tram and metro stops. Room comfortable and roomy, if just a tiny bit jaded. Very good breakfast, varied and plentiful. Staff friendly.
5 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Unprofessional staff"
When booked through Expedia on the 40% off hotels, the rate was for 3 nights (Saturday through Tuesday) and totaled $180.00 including tax. Staying another night became $127 and the next night was $127 as well (Tuesday and Wed.). On Wed. evening the front desk was asked what the rate would be for Thursday, I was told $7000 CZK which is roughly $378. Same room, same amenities. I was not happy but was going to leave on Friday morning. Come checkout time on Friday, the counter staff says it was $9600 CZK for Thursday which is $486. Now how can a room rate go from your low rate (which indeed was a bargain) to 10 times the amount in 3 days? I obviously was terribly upset and angry. The staff was unrelenting in seeing my point and demanded payment. I would not recommend this hotel due to its impolite staff and the fact that everyone seemed not on the same page and were making it up as they went along. The following Monday, I checked the rate and it was $130 per night. They took advantage of me and I am disputing the charge.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Hello Charles, nice to meet you"
The hotel staff were very helpful, and quick to respond. Breakfast (included) was ample and varied. Location was excellent for tram and metro. Price was great for value. Would happily stay here again, particularly if the mattresses were replaced.
7 night romance trip Sep 11, 2013
ddo2jl
"Way below expectation!"
Definetly not a three-star hotel! There are two good aspects, breakfast and the location. the rest was way below expected! The room is quite old, the reception is tiny, and you hear ALL TRAINS from the metro going by... Would definitely not stay there again!
3 night romance trip May 20, 2013
Marcelo
The shower was disappointing as there was nothing to hold it above our head. We had to hold it in our hands and keep turning the water on and off. Breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
"Excellent value and great location"
Hotel located right in front of subway station and trolley station is just up the street. There are very nice restaurants within a city block. I found the hotel clean, secure, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, and lots of hot water for my daily shower! Only complaint is that the bed was not so comfortable - mattress was about 4 inches thick and laid upon a series of wooden brace boards. Made reservation on Hotels.com. Bottomline - I would stay here again.
4 night family trip Mar 27, 2013
"A great place to stay!"
It's a good place to stay. Breakfast is just great, long serving time and lots of choices. Great location also, the metro is just within a few SECONDS walk. Hotel room is a basic room and one thing really annoying is that the reception lady told us they have a 30% off deal with the Italian restaurant next doors . But when we finished eating, there is only 10%off. If it weren't because of the discount, we never would have chosen there. So be careful!
3 night trip Jan 12, 2013
S
"2 star pushing to look 3 star"
Too dark inside. Not enough light in the room. Watch out for the curtains they are clipped only. Dont touch them they will fall in your face...
Other trip Jan 13, 2013
"Good hotel for students or young travelers."
For the price, this hotel gets the job done. Internet was slow and the shower temperature was difficult to regulate. If your plan is to mostly explore the city and have a bed to sleep in, this hotel would be fine, however, if you are planning on spending long durations of time in the room, I would look elsewhere! Access to the main city center via the metro was incredibly convenient, and the breakfast was sufficient.
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
"nothing to be impressed"
All there is a good pizza downstairs... nothing more
Other trip Dec 21, 2012
"Pleasing and cheap option."
Great location because is close to subway and train stations. this hotel is cheap and in good conditions. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 11, 2012
Morris
"You get what you pay for."
The hotel staff never cleaned my room. There was no heater in my room, so I was freezing every night. The room stinks and the bathroom was shared with another room, which was not stated to me. The wifi had an incredibly slow connection. Breakfast was disgusting. I am happy that I spent most of my time outside of my hotel. The location was also bad, but it was right by the subway station. You get what you pay for
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
"-"
Good price / quality ratio Central location, helpful staff
Other trip Sep 4, 2012

"worst hotel ever"
Dirty, poor brakfest, stealing in the room and very unkinded service.
5 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2015
Mikael
"Decent hotel with no frills room"
Decent hotel. Room with no frills. Great breakfast though and a location that's very convenient. Its just outside the metro station.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Sandeep
IN
"One step BEYOND"
Very decent for price
3 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"Nice cheap hotel close to metro"
For the price this hotel is great! It is located right next to a metro stop and there are plenty of restaurants, bars and supermarkets around the block. The room itself was nice, plenty of room and it had everything you could need except a hairdryer or a jug. The staff were happy to help however and I was able to either borrow a jug or go into the restaurant to get boiling water for cups of tea. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but for the price you can't really complain! Some funny noises in the room as well (tapping in the pipes?), and you just have to hope you don't have noisy neighbours ad you can hear outside the room. Quiet street however and I don't recall hearing traffic and wasn't woken up by loud people in the streets below. Breakfast offered a wide variety of foods and drinks and was very nice :) The staff were also very happy to help with printing train tickets!
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Georgina
"Not bad"
Very friendly receptionist and all staff, good location right next to metro and only 2 stops away from the centre. Breakfast was good.Room was clean and specious, just a bit dated..overall very happy
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
"4 nights stay"
Next to a metro station, breakfast was great but the overall condition of the hotel is not so good - old furniture.
4 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
Grigor
"early morning call"
Well the room was not the 409 square feet you stated.The bath was stained.There was no shower curtain,when you got out of shower you stood in a pool of water.When i opened the window there were cig butts on the window sill.In the morning we were awoken at 6.15 by the kitchen staff preparing breakfast.So we booked out and came home.
7 night trip Sep 14, 2014
christopher D
"Very Good Hotel"
Great location,Fantastic service, Good breakfast overall good hotel
4 night romance trip Jun 18, 2014
Mohan&Shweta
"Close to public transport and city railway station"
Value for money place. Good location. Easy to reach.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
r
"greaat lokation"
it was ok stay!!!could be better!!!nothing special exept location!!!breakfast good but staff exept maxim who is the mananger look always angry!!!especialy the woman on the reception on my check out day can do any other job exept hospitality jobs!!!!
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
alexandros
"Very average , decent price"
Hotel in a decent area near a metro , but the rooms were a but grubby and not very well maintained , bed was uncomfortable and one of the staff members were extremely rude.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Take your ear plugs"
Hotel room itself was acceptable and large, and is on the low end of a 3 star. Breaky ok. Just on the doorstop is Krizikova Station. Outside courtyard generates a bit of noise but nothing compared to the nightly drunk hotel patronage echoing through thin walls, staff was required nightly to shut them up throughout the night, really annoying. Staff were always helpful and local restaurants and grocery stores good.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
"Finish upgrading the rooms"
Very nice staff and good, comfortable bed. Some signs of upgrading facilities and fixtures, but my room had ancient carpet and a very basic bathroom without a shower curtain.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Alister
"Fantastic Hotel"
Stayed for seven days to play a chess tournament. It was the 4th cheapest hotel searching by price, so was totally amazed when I arrived to find 3 beds in a really spacious room. Wifi was good too. The breakfast isnt amazing, But more than edible. For the price this is one of the best hotels Ive stayed in.
7 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Terrible place"
Hotel staff and it facilities were out of different decade. I had a feeling that I am there for them not other way around. Despite facilities being old and warn out staff customer service was bottom low.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"brilliant location"
We travelled with a young child & this hotel was perfect. There wasn't too much noise, maybe as we stayed during weekdays. Location was very close to central areas (3 stops on the metro). Beds could be a little more comfortable but for a 3 stars it is as you would expect.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Caroline
"Great Staff Makes all the Difference."
We were welcomed by Maxim who was always pleasant and seemed to work around the clock. He made our stay very pleasant along with the rest of the staff. The breakfast was very enjoyable. The hotel was close enough to all the sights, and the parking lot was right around the corner.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
The Virapens
"great place"
we have been to prague a few times and this was the best hotel we stayed at. the food is good. metro stop right outside the front door. and the staff will do anything to make you feel like you are at home.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Good price"
Went with family the room was very large & comfortable quite spacious for a family of 4. Very near to the tram & metro also a fab Italian restaurant next door. However it is quite noisy at night & early morning best to take your ear plugs.
5 night family trip Aug 19, 2013
"good value hotel"
Spacious comfy room. Bathroom was OK Good location, being next to the metro
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
The hotel was nice. The breakfast is very good. The room could be enhanced. Good service location and attitude of service fora good stay at prague. Recommended for this price
Other trip May 6, 2013
"Great value for money"
We stayed in a family room which was clean and big enough for 5 persons. The bathroom and the toilet were outside our room and shared with another room. However, nobody stayed in the next room, so we did not feel any inconvenience using the bathroom and the toilet. The breakfast was a buffet with a lot to choose from (eggs, sausages, cheeses, vegetables, cornflakes, oatmeal, cakes, fruits). The location is perfect - 1 minute from metro stop, 3 metro stops to Prague's center.
6 night family trip Mar 25, 2013
IL
"More convenient for short stays"
A bar or meeting place would be an improvement. The staff were friendly and very helpful.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
"Good for the price"
Basic, but clean hotel in a good location. Just steps from the Metro, and only a couple of stops to downtown.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2013
"Highly recommended for breakfast alone"
Staff were very friendly and helpful, and some spoke very fluent english which was great. So easy to find from the train station - just a few stops on the metro line and youre right on the hotel doorstep. Breakfast buffet blew our minds! Very good rates too
Other trip Jan 21, 2013
Chloe
NZ
"8 days in Prague , I'm coming back !!"
I stayed at the Charles Central Hotel from Nov 3rd 2012 to Nov 11th 2012 on a vacation trip to Prague.The front desk was exelent, helpful , proactive and polite. The rooms were larger than I expected and the location was excellent. Definitely a great value for the room, free breakfast and location. I would definitely return to the Hotel Charles Central.I spent a great time in this hotel and I very recommend this hotel for everyone who does not like pay too much.The Metro is only a few steps from the front entrance of the hotel .The room was clean and reasonable size, flat screen tv , heating , hot watter ,wifi ,mini bar, fresh towels every day.No communication problem. I definitely recommend it! The way I was treated by all made me feel very happy . I will return ! Is a good choice for a break..
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
"Trust me, do not stay here...."
Arrived at the hotel only to find that they had overbooked and had no rooms for us, 2 hours of arguing later with a member of staff that did not care, led to us having to stay at a hotel miles from the city centre. Thw holw point of booking this hotel was the locality, central to where we wanted to be. We were only there for a long weekend and this was a truly awful start to the holiday. The next day they found us some rooms in the hotel, but they were less than comfortable and not great. Overall would not recommend!
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
"cheap,big and simple clean roome"
the hotel is conveniently close to metro and easy access to all sightseeing. room is clean,simple and big. breakfast was great and a lot of choice. the only complaint can be bed in general for double bed they put two single bed next to each other and bed are not comfortable.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2012
Ali
"a place to crash"
nothing like picture on website. furniture was a bit bashed, chipboard showing through, beds were poor, matrresses stacked on top of each other. could do with a lick of paint to cover marks on walls. very basic.
Other trip Sep 1, 2012
foz
"I'm coming back"
I stayed at the Charles Central Hotel from Aug 27-29, 2012 on a business trip to Prague. Having previously lived in the city, I wanted to be in Karlin, and close to a Metro stop. The Krizikova Metro is only a few steps from the front entrance of the hotel. The staff were pleasant and helpful when called upon, though not overly proactive. The room was adequate but not luxurious. Mine had a wall mounted flat screen TV with about 12 Czech channels as well as BBC news in English. Mini bar. There was work desk, but no chair! I was most delighted with the excellent buffet breakfast which was clean, well maintained and offered a good variety. The small staff overseeing this were at their best. Several patio cafes line the street out front. I will return.
Other trip Aug 30, 2012

"Enkelt hotell med bra läge"
Vi bodde här en natt för vidare färd mot Kroatien. Ligget 15 promenad-minuter från centrala Prag. Väldigt prisvärt, men man får vad man betalar för. Det är enkel standard men helt OK frukost.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015