All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Bar is awesome
    Ordinary amenities
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"I love the Bowery House!"
This is a budget hotel, a tiny step above a hostel. If you know that going in, you'll be delighted -- the place is clean, and the staff friendly, and the neighborhood can't be beat. This is the best, hands-down, place to go when you want a cheap spot to rest your head during a stay in Manhattan. I love the Bowery House!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2015
Not Provided
"Glorified hostel but I dug it!"
A lot of money for a glorified hostel it still the cheapest thing around. Walking distance to Chinatown - great noodles and $40 rolexes! The room was fine for just me. Late at night and early am and no one was in the bathrooms.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
"Ok for a night, but not longer"
If you need an affordable place to get a few hours sleep for just a night you will find the place ok. It is no comfort accommodation at all and the neighbor hood is pretty sketchy. The downsides: - The restaurant\bar right below plays loud music with a lot of bass. Be part of it or hate it. Your complimentary earplugs won't keep the noise and vibrantion outside of your head. - The neighborhood is not the best and there has been homeless sleeping inside(!) the accommodation both nights that I stayed there. The 'hotel' doesn't care. People seeking for a safe place, stay away! - No comfort: Tiny rooms and beds, but you know that before when you book that place. No luggage storage on your day of departure. 10$ or a positive review get you this service. I rather stick to the truth and refused the trade.
2 night trip Dec 4, 2015
Thorsten
"Try to find something better"
Extremely loud and creepy hotel with small beds in extra small rooms.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2015
Pavel
"Worth the money but . . ."
It's not really a hotel, that's why it's called Bowery House. You live in a indoor cabin, no ceiling, just a wooden grid. There's no place to put your clothes or luggage. The space between the bed and the wall is just enough for you luggage to fit so in order to live out of my suitcase I had to put in on the bed to find things. Still, if that doesn't bother you it's worth the money.
4 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
Not Provided
"Low price, great location"
The bed y too small if you're tall like me 1.85, the location is great! Soho
3 night trip Nov 6, 2015
Carlos
"You'll get what you pay for..."
Third stay. It's a very loud hostel. Unlikely to get a good night's sleep. And the bed bugs will find you! They got me all three times. The rooms are outwardly clean and the communal bathrooms are ok, but you're paying very little for a downtown hotel, so bed bug bites are the price you'll pay. You just have to decide if you'd rather pay $100 a night and suffer some inconvenience, or pay a lot more elsewhere for a nice private room. Do not bring family. Just an acceptable place for a quick solo overnight.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2015
"Rooms extremely small"
I am dissapointed, the experience was not satisfactory at all. The space of the rooms is extremely small, I wouldn't stay again in The Bowery House. The bathroom was always wet and not clean. One shower was out of order. Bad experience. The place is dark, poor ilumination. Poor Price/quality ratio, unworthy.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
Ismael
"Overpriced: Less privacy than advertised."
The ads for this hotel were misleading. Cabins do not have closed roofs, which means there`s no real privacy. This would have been fine if we had known beforehand. For what you get it`s overpriced, even for New York.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
E
"Flophouse for Hipsters"
Bowery Hotel was once a flophouse for the derelicts who lived on the Bowery. Those people are mostly gone and the flophouse structure remains--multiple compartments--I call them kennels--each with a bed, a bit of space on one side of it, a table with a drawer and a ceiling made of wooden laths that you would use to grow vegetables on in a garden. There is also metal screening to prevent people from breaking into your room from above. The staff was friendly and young. My room was clean, as was the bed, but I had to share a common bathroom with ca. 25 men. I think the women were housed on a separate floor. The neighborhood was OK, but I don't want to visit again--nothing to see. Bottom Line; Stay there with open eyes if you want a cheap place to sleep. Bowery Hotel is no good for couples and impossible for families.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Victor
"Bed bugs"
I left With th left side of my body covered in bed bug bites.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Staff is always helpful and friendly.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2015
Theodore
"Nice place, volume rules not enforced"
Interesting place. They tell you ahead of time that there are open ceilings. They have rules to be quiet in these areas, but nobody listens and it is not enforced. If the rules were enforced it'd be a nice stay. Incredibly small cabin, but still cozy and comfy
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Never Going Back / Checked Out Early"
For creative and inexpensive alternatives to traditional hotels, there are a lot of better choices in New York. This is a neat idea that is very badly executed. My floor had about 50 beds - and one functioning toilet, two sinks, and two showers. They do not enforce their own noise rules at all: it was very loud and difficult to sleep. Someone was playing music from a speaker at about midnight and other people were frequently taking phone calls. It is also constantly dark and creepy in the hallways - it felt like the set for a horror movie. All in all, it was so uncomfortable here that I checked out at about 1 am because I preferred to sleep on the floor of the airport. At least there were functioning bathrooms at the airport and I felt less likely to become a murder victim. If you are really in need of a cheap place to stay, and the weather isn't too bad, you would be better off sleeping in Central Park.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
"the staff and management are the best!!"
the Bowery house is the best compared to other similar microhotels. it's rooms are small for big guys like myself but the staff especially the managers and Angelica made it worth it. the hotel is great because the staff and management are best.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Ahmed
"Is ok if you have no other places to stay at"
Pros: Cheaper than most hotels in the area Friendly service Good wifi access In a neighborhood with many local restaurants Located down the street of a subway exit Cons: The rooms are just stalls Noisy Only 2 showers + 1 toilet (for men) all in one bathroom. If you are in the city for a day or so and don't have any other place to stay at, this place does provide the privacy and comfort that you need but its best if you are a heavy sleeper and can get to the showers early.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
"Good location Bed and Shower"
It's OK since I only needed a place to sleep and shower. What one gets is not a room but a very small cubicle with a single bed. I believe it used to be a Bath House. It can get noisy. There is a nice rooftop space. However on my last day when I ask if I could my suitcase for one hour while I went out for breakfast I was told there was a $10. fee.
3 night trip Sep 15, 2015
Miguel-e
"Ultra helpful staff and tiny cabins"
The Bowery House was my first hostel experience and it was just that. A beautiful, clean interior ran by helpful, multilingual staff who even calmed down my panic attack to go out in the city at night. I'm from the sticks. The single cabins are a tiny twin beds with room to walk by your bed and a night stand, two coat hooks and that's it. Rooms are enclosed with lockable doors and lattice open ceiling for airflow. Trust me you want that. Take a little fan with you or headphones to sleep with because it gets noisy in there. FYI shared showers that come with free shampoo, conditioner and body wash that smells super yummy!
4 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
"Nim's Bower"
It cost more than a hostel but less than a new York hotel and it was clean and hospitable. I will stay thee again if I need a place in Manhattan an will suggest it to my other less than rich friends.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2015
Nim
"Very pleasant, but not for the Tall"
Wonderful staff, nice location, secure building, respectful neighbors; I met several friendly travelers from afar. I stayed in an "original cabin," the smallest and least expensive option. Do not stay in one of these if you are over 5'6" tall. Luckily that is my height. Showering can be pretty hectic, and I only stayed two nights, so I didn't shower. You should enjoy climbing stairs if you stay here. Wonderful rooftop area with great views. A mouse chewed a chocolate that fell under my bed - don't leave food around. I enjoyed my very interesting experience at The Bowery House!
2 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2015
"Watch out! Rat infested"
Location. Is great, but since you step in it smells like rats , and At least twice I saw those little nasty animals. The first one in my "room"
2 night trip Sep 20, 2015
"Great Manhattan hostel for NYC wanderers"
Cool place. Authentic NYC feel. Hostel type setup. Rooms are like ships' cabins. No ceilings, so be prepared to sleep or put on headphones when you come back to your room. Great place to stay in Manhattan on a budget. If your trip is purposeful and you don't need a room with a tv because you are too busy with the big city outside, this is the perfect spot. Don't come if you plan on being a noisy drunk or a princess, and be prepared to use shared bathrooms (works out just fine, bathrooms are nice). You really feel like you are in a historic neighborhood when you're in this place.
2 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Ken
"Not a good experience..."
The cabin is too small to place any bags. In addition, they charged me 250 after I left the hotel without notifying me. When I tried to contact with the staff, they did not reply me about what happened in detail, just said that a bedside table was burned, but they did not provide me any proofs. I spent several weeks to resolve the problem through the bank. It's a relatively cheap price in New York, but my experience was not so pleased and their customer service was not so pleased either...
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Loved it"
It was awesome I love this place will return again
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Candace
"Go elsewhere!"
Bedbugs tore me up
1 night trip Aug 29, 2015
"Solo Getaway for Afropunk festival"
I will be back here when I need a place to sleep for a solo getaway in NYC! Close to trains & its a perfect location!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2015
Place is great for what it is: an inexpensive secure room with a small bed with a lattice ceiling. Cool bathrooms and great roof area. Its not the Ritz, but for the price point its great. Do bring an eye mask. Do not be over 5'8" and expect to stretch out.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
Ethan
"I love the staff and the upgrades!!"
I stayed recently again the BH, the staff were nice and manger was nice enough tom give me an upgrade!!! :) I had a very peaceful night until the fire alarm went off then could not sleep until the second day!! :( BH is a good place to stay in compared to other places .... These people know how to make their customer come back!!
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
Ahmed
"Good location - tight quarters"
This hotel is in a good location; however, the rooms are small 'cabins' with barely any room to move around. The rooms are clean, but its an open atmosphere where the ceilings are open, so you hear everyone talking, snoring, etc. Hotel does provide ear plugs.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
J
"last minute find"
I was looking for a very last-minute room after a flight was cancelled. Specifically: low price, no frills necessary, preferred LES location, best suited for solo travelers. I was immediately impressed upon arrival. The impeccable preservation of all historical details was a selling point alone. I stayed in one of the "original cabins" and it was perfect for my needs. The cabin & bathrooms were extremely clean, the staff was friendly & helpful, and the rooftop garden was an added bonus. Yes, the mattresses are shorter, and the ceiling is an open-air lattice - but those details are provided at the time of booking - so these elements shouldn't be a surprise. Earplugs are provided, and it's best to use them. Overall, it exceeded all my expectations & I was actually bummed to check-out the next day, so I'll definitely be returning when I'm in town next.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Tiny home in the heart of the city"
The Bowery House is the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. The cabins are very, very small (I do not recommend for someone taller than 5'6" because the beds are so short!) but if you only need a place to stay you cannot beat the value. The neighborhood is great as well, and the staff are friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
"noisy but nice"
Rooms are exposed to a lot of noise. Mine was right under very loud A/C Lounge was very comfortable!
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Dwight
"This was truly terrible"
I will never stay here again and I would never recommend this place to anyone. It is not a hotel, it's a hostel. It is perfect for 20 something year old hipsters from Europe, nothing else. And even then, it cost far too much for what you would be getting. The shared facilities are terrible, it's three floor walk-up, the room is tiny and the place is noisy. Nothing could have prepared me for the awfullness of this place.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Bowery's Hidden Gem"
When we had to book last-minute in Manhattan, we were worried that a place in Bowery would be hard to stomach, but we were wrong. The space is a converted hostel. Dorm rooms sleep about 8 each. The private rooms are small, about 6'x6'. It felt like a cabin on a cruise liner. Everything is very clean and well-maintained. Bed linens and towels are decent quality. The shared bathroom was a little messy, (3.5/5) but not dirty. Earplugs were provided with the room, as the rooms have 3/4 walls, and sound carries. We did not need them. The two staff members we spoke with were very friendly and welcoming, moreso than any hotel I've stayed at before. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The front desk is staffed all night, so you can come in any time after 3pm to check-in. Free wifi was provided, but it was very slow. Unusable for streaming or image-heavy sites. Useful for sending email or doing light research if you are patient. The rooftop patio was nice, but seemed better suited to a party than relaxing in the morning. Overall, it was a great experience. We were so busy during all the time we were in New York, it was nice to have a pleasant, 2-minute check-in and a room on the second floor. If you're looking for all the amenities of a four-star hotel, Bowery House may not be for you. However, if you want to stay somewhere clean and friendly that won't break the bank, while still being close to the action, I definitely recommend it.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Laila
"Adorable and clean hostel in NYC!"
My friend and I spent one night here in a cabin room and absolutely loved it! The service was accommodating and friendly, the space was adorable and clean (including the bathrooms), and it was walking distance to all kinds of fun happenings. I've stayed at a number of hostels and this one even had paper towels in the bathrooms (oftentimes they have nothing or just a shared towel) and shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the showers (normally you have to bring your own). The next time I'm in NYC, I will definitely be staying here! The only downside of the location is that a group of homeless people have parked themselves near the door. But, from what I could tell, they were harmless. If you can get past that, it's an awesome place to stay and I highly recommend it!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
"No-frills Solo Traveler"
The rooms aren't enclosed and you can hear EVERYTHING around you, phones, walking, etc. The room areas are a quiet area. Aside from that, the hotel is very nice, has a great lobby and wonderful staff. It's truly for the no-frills solo traveler though.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Tracy
"Clean rooms, comfortable bed, shower and bath ok."
A little noisy at times but found overall experience fun, charming, and adventurous.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
artist
"Bowery House Blues"
DO NOT expect any level of comfort at this hotel. The cabins are small, about 4x6 maybe, by cabins I mean closets with no ceiling, only a wood lattice covering to stop anyone from taking your stuff. Its basically a hostel in everything but name. The beds are small, under 5'7 because I'm 5'8 and my feet just barely hung off the edge. My luggage took up 90% of the space between my "bed" and the wall. The bed was basically the size of a small cot with a lumpy pillow and rock hard mattress. I've been in the army for awhile now so I was used to being able to hear the other guests snore, have conversations and make general noise while you're trying to sleep, if it wasn't for my military service and my utter exhaustion from the NYC humidity and walking so much I would not have been able to sleep. Charging $87 a night for a closet and community bathrooms, you wonder where some people get the nerve. There are bigger rooms with bigger beds but they run into the well over $100 dollar range. Overall its a good place if you just want to have a place to set your stuff down, charge your phone and just get some rest if you plan on spending all your time on the streets. The Bowery House is relatively clean and cheap, and they do try to make it a hip environment with the interior decor. The staff is also polite and helpful, especially Margarita. They also have a decent roof hangout pad. Make sure and bring shower shoes i.e. flip flops for the community showers.
4 night trip Jun 18, 2015
Stanley
"You get what you pay for; don't forget this is NYC"
I spent three nights in The Bowery House and would happily do it again. Being in something of a pinch for time and not wanting to spend $180+ per night on a hotel in Manhattan (but refusing to stay anywhere else), The Bowery House was basically my only option. Check-in was a breeze with a very friendly hipster-type guy managing everything. He asked a bit about what brought me to town and where I was coming from before passing me my key, giving me some house rules for the cabin areas, and pointing me in the direction a needed to go. Like others have mentioned this place doesn't have an elevator, so I had to climb a short flight of stairs to the fourth floor. My cabin- the classic cabin with a smaller-than-twin bed- did what it needed to do. If I'd had more luggage than the small roll-aboard and shoulder bag which traveled with me, I probably would have been cramped and lacking for space. My advice: if you are taller (I'm 5'11") and have the room to do it, move the bed so that it is diagonally aligned in the room. That way arms and legs can hang out the ends of the bed and the whole experience is much more comfortable. Also, the earplugs they provide will probably be useful. My first night was uneventful, but the second and third nights were full of a burp/fart/snore/Skype/shower orchestra. Yes, don't be naive; not everybody abides by the don't-talk rules.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Awesome room for travelers on a budget"
It's New York. You shouldn't be doing anything in your hotel but sleeping. For travelers on a budget this little gem in the Bowery is perfect. You get a nice clean private cabin with a surprisingly comfortable cot sized bed. I'm 6'1" 185lb and it was a tight fit but once I arranged my luggage(carrying size backpack) I was quite comfortable. The bathrooms and showers are shared by all guests on the floor in the typical hostel style, but they were clean, well maintained and even offered very nice quality soap, shampoo and body wash in each shower. This place is definitely not for everyone, but for those of us who travel fast and light, this is a great alternative to paying the big prices at the major Manhattan hotels.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Clinton
"Nice sleeping spot on a budget"
The room was VERY small but thats asy to get over if youre just looking lfor a spot to sleep. The bed was comfy and i slept well, storing our luggage in the room was a task but other than that we were out all day so our room was quite fine for that purpose
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Emily
"Truly Depressing"
This is not a hotel. These are not "rooms." The "cabins" are four wood walls about the size of a solitary confinement cell in prison. At 5' 8'', my head and feet nearly touched the walls while in the bed. There are NO CEILINGS on the rooms, so you can hear every breath of the people around you. Every bed creak, burp, snore, sneeze etc etc etc sounds like it's in your room, because it nearly is. People were slamming doors while entering and exiting their rooms at 2am, 3am, 4am. The SHARED men's bathroom is not even on the same floor. Be prepared to climb two sets of stairs and walk through a maze of cabins to get to it if you're on the 3rd floor. I booked for two nights before seeing the place, and when I checked out at 10 am the morning after my first dreadful night, the hotel refused to refund my 2nd night. Considering the condition of the entire operation I guess I should not be surprised....
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Nick
"Not for me"
Considering there were only partitions between the Beds and the washroom was on the opposite side of the building I could not bring myself to stay once I checked in. This is a hostel not a hotel. The staff was friendly and efficient and the facilities were clean.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
global travelr
"Be prepared for the noise"
I'm not sure why this place is listed under hotels, it's clearly a hostel. It is essentially a giant loft space on the 4th floor of a building that has been sectioned off into "cabins". Light sleepers should stay away from this place as the walls are paper-thin and the cabins themselves have no ceilings. Because there is no carpeting and no sound absorption, you hear every high heel, dress shoe and flip-flop that passes by. Good earplugs and a sleep mask are musts. The cooks at a nearby restaurant also have access to the bathrooms and they sometimes rent the rooftop to private parties in the middle of the day so you'll have those people in and out as well. While I stayed there, the fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night. In the morning when I asked, I was told that a guest was smoking inside which triggered the alarm. The second time, someone used an exit that they shouldn't have. - It overlooks Bowery street which is just a constant stream of honking all night. - People coming in from bars are in and out from midnight until 5 am. - The housekeeping staff starts cleaning bright and early, chatting away while they work. - No hot water in the showers during peak usage.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
D
"Great, tiny spot for a place to crash only."
Bowery house is NOT a comfort hotel it is a tiny limited space not for hanging out space. BUT it is incredibly clean, nicely furnished space the staff are very good. If you want an inexpensive just a place to sleep hotel that is very clean then I can reccomend it. It is not romantic, but more of a hostel type environment. When the very nicely done shared bathrooms had no hot water for my one night stay the staff refunded me a nice chunk of my money. I would recommend this for people looking for clean crash space and couple who do not care if they have 100% privacy and just want a place to sleep. They do have a few larger rooms but again this is NOT a romantic spot many of the rooms do not have a full ceiling and you can hear the other folks staying in the other "rooms". They do have quite rules though so it was just people moving about and gettting ready for bed etc. They provide earplugs which worked great for me and the bed was comfy, if small. If you are tall(I am 5'8") this may not work for you either as the beds are bit shorter than a standard size bed.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2015
Cybele
Too expensive for what you get - they should really call themselves a "hostel" because the single rooms (cabins) are extremely small and do not give you any privacy (guests are not even allowed to talk on the phone there).
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Would've been great if the showers weren't broken."
Room was small, but I knew this when I booked in, everything was very clean, the bed was comfortable. Showers were broken, with water only coming out intermittently, staff didn't seem to think it was an urgent matter to be fixed which seemed to ruin the stay there somewhat, luckily my stay was only a few nights. Great location, the rooftop garden was fantastic place to relax in the evening.
2 night trip May 25, 2015
Kimberly
"Lodging in the LES gallery district"
A perfect place if you need nothing more than a place to sleep and recharge. The room was clean and there was no problem with the shared bathroom. I was reminded of some of the places I've stayed in when travelling in the EU. I will add, this location is perfect for anyone visiting the LES gallery district or the New Museum.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
"A Dump !"
This place is a dump. If you want to sleep in a cage go for it! There is just enough room to stand next to your bed. bathrooms were horrible. Showers were terrible.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
Adam
"Bigger than a breadbox...but not by much."
Bowery House has a serious water issue with sinks and showers; sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, and they don't appear concerned about this. It's as if "it is was it is." They staff was nice enough, but the rooms are simply just too darn small. They're closets, really. While in bed, I had to lie sideways on it or else my head would be against one wall and my feet pressing up against the other. The sheets were clean, I guess, but had stains on them from age and use. If you are on a no-budget trip to NYC, then fine, go for it. But these accommodations are indeed bottom of the barrel.
Other trip May 18, 2015