All hotels in Mendocino, California, United States of America
44860 Main Street, Mendocino, CA, 95460, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location. Very comfortable."
Breakfast was great. It was such a pleasant experience with the other people staying there. Charles was delightful.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Fantastic breakfast and a comfy bed."
The food was great! Fresh every morning at 9:10....very punctual about that. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and always willing to help or guide us to good food etc.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Out dated and in despair.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2014
I thought I was getting a different room. Overall it was awesome
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Fantastic.place!"
The best place ever! Staff is incredible!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Mariola
"Very disappointing!"
The whole place needs sprucing up. The front steps were painted but the bottom step was soft and with heavy luggage and a heavy person your foot might go through. The carpet in our room, number 67, was awful, very stained with years of wear. The paint was badly chipped and pealing. If we hadn't prepaid we would have left. The bed was comfortable. The shower worked well. The location is great. We left in the morning before breakfast so we can't comment on that. We were told that breakfast was at 9:10 and we had to head out earlier. We would have preferred to have a range of time for breakfast. Say 8 to 9.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"It was okay"
This inn is in a good location and it's fine. The room I stayed in was called 'Ocean View'. I think you'd need some pretty special glasses for that to be true. The bed was comfortable but it was extraordinarily high. I needed a step stool to get into it. Unfortunately for other guests - the inn only has 1 step stool. My girlfriend who stayed in another room had to put a chair beside her bed in order to get into it. (BTW - we're regular height - not super shorties). The shower curtain in my room was a bit moldy - a little icky. The décor is fine - not shabby-chic - just kind of run-down. The breakfast is tremendous. Plentiful and delicious. Overall - I think it's just overpriced. If I'd paid 50 or 80 dollars less per night - I would have been more satisfied.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
B
"Short walking distance to ocean view paths & shops"
Fantastic breakfasts, comfortable room. Easy walking to all shops, restaurants & paths above the ocean & beaches. Inn keeper & staff were friendly & helpful.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Norma G
"Lovely hotel, great breakfast"
amazing room & breakfast! Really enjoyed our stay here would definitely stay again. Expect to relax.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Interesting B&B"
The room we stayed in (68) was small but at the front of the house with a nice view. It was a no hassle check-in due to the fact that our key was taped to the front door. The property is older so don't expect the Ritz Carlton but it is close to shops. I would have to say that the highlight was the breakfast. It was amazing and included fresh everything. We had orange French toast, great sausage, salsa eggs, blueberries with yogurt and all the juice, coffee and tea that you could want. For the price we paid it was nice. I must say that I had never been to Mendocino before and I was surprised by the hippie vibe but everyone was very nice and friendly.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2014
Kerri
"A Lovely Place!"
We had a nice experience. The room was clean and comfortable. The place has a good feel to it. Plenty of amenities. Coffee and tea service 8am - 8pm a nice touch. Everyone was friendly and the breakfast both mornings was fabulous!!!
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Cute but old"
The hotel is cute, but very old. Although fans of old will appreciate antiques.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
ilya os
We went up for two nights, stayed Three Wonderful inn. Funky, but nice. Comfortable, great people, would stay again
2 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
Julane
"Great location and breakfast. Nice fireplace."
The title says it all. A little run down but ok. No inside social area other than the lobby breakfast table in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice fireplace. Service level and breakfast was great!!
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
The room was very clean, breakfast was wonderful, comforter needs updating, old Victorian could use paint.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"3 Star Dump"
Oh, was it the unkept and unwelcoming garden entry, or was it the soiled carpet that greeted us in our tiny room? Perhaps it was the stained bed cover or the un-fixed shower curtain that would routinely fall. Peeling paint around the bathroom door may have contributed or the small TV that was placed directly next to the pillowtop bed with shorted sheets. Certainly the self-described 'overbearing' host who interrupted our breakfast conversations with new friends and the hold your plate on your lap single service breakfast were part of it. For the money paid in a very competitive b&b village, as the only negative during our November weekend visit, this dump is not worth it.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Ronald J.
"A few requests"
We very much enjoyed our stay and the staff was exceptional as were the breakfasts. We will stay at the Didjeridoo again, but the breakfasts, while delicious, were so unhealthy, we felt that the entire day's calories and cholesterol were used up in the morning. If a healthy element could be added so we could have a bit of both, it would be great. And as long as we are requesting, a clock and a magnifying mirror would be lovely as well. Thanks much, Linda & Jim Kuhns
3 night romance trip Nov 1, 2013
Linda & Jim Kuhns
"Excellent location and wonderful staff"
The location of the Inn is excellent and close to the town and restaurants. It's an old home that has been converted into a B&B and our room could have used a new coat of paint. The breakfast in the morning was excellent with many selections. We would recommend the Inn and would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Judy
"weird place, good breakfast, not great experience"
For how much we paid per night, I expected a lot more. The room we stayed in is right by the front door and you can hear every footstep and every sound. It is an old Victorian but still, there is absolutely no privacy. The walls are paper thin and we could hear every time someone opened a door, spoke, coughed etc. Getting any rest was not an option. Some of the staff were nice but most of them were very weird and unprofessional. Some of them were barefooted, some had tattoos on there faces. I'm pretty sure almost everyone that worked there smoked pot. We met another couple who arrived with reservations but promptly left upon meeting the staff and seeing the condition of their room. The best part was the breakfast. It was really delicious. However, we will not be staying there again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
The hotel was quaint, on Main St in Mendocino. The location was great-- easy to walk to beach, ocean overlook, restaurants, stores. The room was clean; though a little tight. Front lawn was somewhat browned out, so not so welcoming. Breakfast was very tasty, but not that plentiful-- would have liked a little more french toast. There were chairs and small end tables available for breakfast, but basically we had to eat off our laps.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Hillary
"Do not recommend staying at the B & B"
This Bed and Breakfast has great potential. Saying that. They need to put a lot of money and effort into making it a place I'd be willing to pay $200.00 a night for again. Blinds on the door were broken and torn allowing anyone from the outside to view the bedroom and bath. The bed was squeaky and lumpy and the claw foot bathtub had the enamel stripped from it. Breakfast was delicious though, would be nice to have a table on which to eat it.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"For the price, you expect more"
The dead plants in front of the house, the bleach stained taupe sheets, the lack of daily room cleaning, and the lack of nice toiletries, would not bother me at all if the rooms were more inexpensive.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
BK
Its the only B&B I have been to where there is no dining area or places to sit for breakfast and its only served at one time of the morning. We found this inconvenient and difficult to interact and enjoy your meal. The staff were very friendly and helped us with our personal needs for travel.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
mkane
"Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn Funk in a good way"
Didjeridoo is a funky B&B in a good way, if that is what you're looking for. Pet friendly, counter culture vibe. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was a cut above. Sheets were clean. Carpet needs replacing, bathroom not bad. A little worn around the edges, but a friendly place..
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
The room was fine & breakfast was great, The patio furniture needs to be repaired. I tore my sweatshirt on one of the wire chairs.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Mary L.
no water glasses. no tissue, no clock. Plan to sleep late - no coffee until 8AM and breakfast at 9AM. Cost per square foot expensive.. Bed comfortable. Breakfast VERY good
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Roy
"Earthy and time tarnished, but lots of good vibes"
I probably should have gotten an updated tetanus shot before the visit. Beware of rusted patio furniture. And the pillow shams smelled like man sweat. But the staff were very friendly. Also, there was no "meditation center" per se, so plan on meditating elsewhere. But the breakfast was decent.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Ask about rooms"
We 1st got rm 69 and what a horrible impression but were lucky enough to upgrade with a small fee to 63. Awesome! Private entrance, small deck ( should be cleaned off) little gas fireplace and huge hot tub! Sheets were all ripped, time for new ones, but comfy bed. Walking distance to town and a couple good night life spots, even a dance bar. Take a drive to Pacific Star winery in Fort Bragg for a stunning view and bring lunch! Sea glass beach is one of few with access and very pretty. Hotel is conveniently located. Needs a little upkeep but from 1880, huge and full of great local art and antiques. Delicious breakfast and friendly staff. Call and ask about your room. Some have fireplaces!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Colleen
Nice location, comfortable room, and a good breakfast. The only problem was that the walkway to the room was uneven and not lighted, so the footing would be difficult for some people.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
"Better than expected"
We had never stayed in a BnB before and we picked a great place for our first. The place was unique, the staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was delicious. I would stay here again, and recommend to anyone.
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2013
"Nice and quiet"
Breakfast was great
1 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"A very bad experience"
We chose not to stay here after we had booked in and therefore our entire night's cost was lost, however this was a small price to pay. The room was described as a mini deluxe. It was very definitely mini, but there is no way it could possibly be described as deluxe. The bed and bed linen smelled stale and the shower and windows were infested with mould. The light above the bed was broken, missing a bulb and most likely a health and safety issue. The whole house needs redecoration: the front garden was woefully overgrown. When we complained that the room would have failed the Trades Descriptions Test the staff member was apologetic and I suspect more than a little embarrassed about the state of the room. She suggested the room was described as deluxe because it had a fridge. She eventually, but reluctantly, gave us a phone number for the owner, but when we dialled it it was unobtainable. In summary please avoid the hotel. It is a disgrace.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Quaint B & B"
The building was pleasant, and the staff was welcoming. Our room with a queen bed was on the smaller side, but it did have a refrigerator and a wood burning fireplace, which we did not use. The bed was comfortable. We had a private toilet and small shower, but the sink was in a corner of the room. A larger mirror near the sink would have been welcome. Only one soap was provided, no shampoo or lotion, but there was a hairdryer in the room. The shades were quite dusty, and the carpet was stained and soiled. The best part was the fabulous breakfast, the best we had on our ten day trip! There were two types of french toast, scrambled eggs with corn and bean salsa, sausages with brown sugar glaze and nuts, and yogurt and blueberries.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Marilyn
"Friendly & relaxed atmosphere, great breakfast"
Loved this place! Pet friendly, very relaxed and chill. Breakfast was awesome. Best of all: our room had a real wood burning fireplace that we took advantage of both nights. Plenty of wood and easy to get started. Although old, it felt CLEAN!
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"didgerdon't"
this b & b was a big disappointment. dead gardens, unsecured building. unfriendly staff, no coffee.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"great location"
The condition of my room was not what I anticipated. Peeling paint, shower head that would not stay still, blinds that were broken and needed to have a sheet tacked over the window. On the positive side, the people were lovely and the breakfast was fabulous! Also, and I am not sure if this is the norm for a two night stay at a bed and breakfast, but my room did not get cleaned.
2 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"Nice but needs some TLC"
My over all experience was great. I had a wonderful time loved that it was pet friendly. The staff was very nice and helpful. It's a super fun place if you easy and go with the flow like I am. My traveling companion was not easy so he did not enjoy his stay. I would recommend it to anyone that's fun and likes things a little out of the norm. I'm not sure I would stay again but did enjoy my time.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Quiet inn in the center of town"
Relaxing, peaceful inn located walking distance from the beach.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"One night at Didgeridoo"
It was a pleasant stay. Booked just 2 days before. The place was not quite what I expected, a little more run down than I anticipated. Great location though! My room was adequate but tiny. No room for a chair. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was tasty.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Beth
"About what you would expect in Mendocino"
My wife and I stayed here for one night. The room we had didn't look like the picture on their website. It was very damp and dark and the furnishings were very old. Despite how creaking the bed was, it was comfortable. We were a little disappointed until we realized that the whole town of Mendocino is like this.. "Rustic" I guess would be a good word. However, the food served for our breakfast was wonderful and not at all what we expected. So overall, if you're not expecting 5 star, you'll do alright.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Tony
"Quaint B&B with a lovely rambling garden."
We enjoyed our stay here and the staff were great. We initially had booked the ocean view room but my mother found the bed too high to get in and out off. The staff were very helpful and were able to give us another room for our stay. We really appreciated that they could accommodate us in this way. After a day's tripping about it was lovely to just come back in the evening to sit and relax and enjoy the quiet of garden.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Robyn
"Cute Bed & Breakfast in town"
We stayed 2 nights at the Didjeridoo. Very charming bed & breakfast with nice staff. The breakfast was excellent with scrambled eggs, french toast, and sausage. Location could not be better and the view of the garden was amazing. My only complaint was that we stayed for 2 nights and the room was not cleaned on our second day.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
Lindsay H.
"Hippy Haven"
Spent one night on drive from San Francisco to Oregon Coast. Exterior seemed a bit run down, but host was very pleasant and full of information. Room was large and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was interesting with food served buffet style with seating on well worn couches and chairs. This place is very informal.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Jan
"recommend highly"
The room was spacious with old-fashioned furnishings. Great breakfasts and the staff was wonderful. Lovely gardens. We had an attractive view of the surroundings but not of the ocean, which we knew beforehand as our reservation was last minute. Easy walking distance of everything in the town. It was important to us that our dog was welcome. More bohemian in style than luxurious.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
From the street this Inn is beautiful.But as you walk up to it you can see the lack of maintenance.The lace curtains in a front window are torn; there are cob webs around the windows. Our Room:The carpet is spotted with something white (I am hoping not a mold), carpet was dirty,old and needs to be replaced.I did not walk on the floor without shoes.Other than the floor the room was ok, but in need of a decorator.There is a funky smell and the windows did not open.Nothing cozy in that room. Breakfast:There is not a table in the dining room for breakfast.There are chairs lining the walls of the dining area and people had their plates on their laps.There were not enough chairs for all of the guests.Breakfast was uncomfortable and disappointing because of this. We took our plates outside onto a deck next to the dining area. It was a chilly morning and our food got cold quickly. The backs on the chairs were rusted out and poking us. We were there for 2 days and there was a coffee cup left in a planter both days.The 2nd day of our stay we went to a local resturant and had a lovely breakfast. I will not return due to room condition and breakfast seating. There is very little public area in the house.What appears to have been parlors are now Suites that are rented out, thus adding to the overcrowding at breakfast.This Inn has so much potential, but as is; it just wasn't comfortable for me.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Tami
I didn't like the bathroom. The tub was chipped and curtain was gross. Breakfast good but over the top sweet. No healthy alternative.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
sara
"Good location and Low Key"
Overall the stay was positive. Be aware that most rooms require climbing stairs and rooms are small (or at least ours was). Breakfast is fantastic and location is perfect for a weekend in Mendo
3 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2013
MH
"Do Not Stay Here"
This place was a dump and in total disrepair. The entire place was very dirty and unkept. The bottom of my feet were black when walking around my room. The grounds were so badly maintained there was trash and weeds everywhere. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
2 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2013
"Beautiful Sea-side escape!"
Came out for a mother/daughter vacation and found this place on hotels.com. Booked it on a whim and it was a great decision! What a beautiful little coastal town! Such a relaxing environment! The Didjeridoo was full of charm and charisma! Wonderful breakfast! We would stay here again in a heartbeat!
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
Betsy
"Excellent Victorian experience"
The hotel is a Victorian mansion built in 1882, within walking distance to everything. However, since it is not a "motel", there is no parking inside the Inn. You'll either have to park in front of the hotel, or across the street from the hotel. For people with a lot of luggage, it is not recommended. However, since we had very little luggage, we didn't have any problem. The front yard is a garden and very pretty. The rooms are very nice and clean with updated facilities, yet still trying to give guests a touch of history with some nice touches such as real fireplace or old Victorian furniture. The whole setting is like a big family house with a big living room. The coffee and tea are available to guests and real mugs and cups are in the cabinet. There are also wine glasses! We booked two rooms and a young woman checked in for us. She gave us a room downstairs and a room upstairs. Later, we met the owner, who was living next door and working in the front yard. The owner was a very nice gentleman and offered us an additional room free of charge. The free room he offered us is a huge one in the front looking at the front garden and has a huge fireplace. I have yet had this "upgrade" experience for my years of hotel staying experience! The breakfast is made by the owner and serviced family style when all the guests can sit around a big table with very nice, Victorian style plates. We had real homemade French toasts, baked bacon with honey and nuts and very tasty scrambled eggs.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013