All hotels in Dewey Beach, Delaware, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"Good for the price"
Everything was fine. Nothing special just a normal beach hotel. It does the job. Clean and decent sized. I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2016
Erica
"Sea Esta Motel"
The stay was Ok.Bathroom needs a need tub 7 the water pressure was very low. Almost took 30 minutes to shower.The air conditioner was broken.
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2016
We opted to pay at the end of the two nights, but stayed another night. My husband paid for all three nights, but my card (Nora) was also charged. We need to have my charges returned to my card. Thank you.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
Nora
Came in for the Rehoboth Marathon. Room was good for the price. It did smell a little musty but it is not in season.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2015
Not Provided
"Unfortunate Room Conditions Quickly Resolved"
Bugs in beds discovered at 1am but I was fairly quickly relocated to another room in another hotel. Exhausted! No charge.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2015
John R.
"Nice stay. Would book again."
Very nice stay. The staff at the front desk were wonderful and very pleasant.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2015
More than expected accommodation - Reasonably Priced
2 night trip Nov 5, 2015
LESLIE
"Not bad. Not great either."
Good for the price. But if you want luxury, or are staying for more than 2 nights I would suggest something else.
1 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
"Dirty"
Bad experience. Left and went to Ocean City, MD where we found a very nice dog-friendlymotel on the beach.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Jo Jo
Charged more by the hotel than Hotels.com quoted. Would recommend paying through hotels.com before stay. Had to change reservation though so it was probably better that I didn't pay up front so not too worried about the increased cost. Allowed dogs which was great!
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Sea Esta IV"
Not bad for a night in Rehoboth.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Sea Esta IV"
Very brief stay but completely adequate for a night. Great value for the $. Staff was nice and very convenient location.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
"Good only if price is low"
Room had everything I needed and the rate was about half of other hotels in the area so it worked for me. But Internet did not work, walls were quite thin, toilet was loose and cleanliness could be better.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Omid
"Weekend stay"
Came in for the weekend for a Duathlon Race and the same time as bike week. Close to Rehoboth and Bethany. Friendly staff. Ok room. AC was quite loud though. Conveniently located to the Starboard and a new Brewery called Dewey Beer Company and other local bars.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Billy
Room on the third floor. WiFi did not have capacity to cover that level. Busy road outside. Long walk to beach and restaurants. Clean and spatious room. Bathromm good standard.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Beint
We were only there two nights arriving late Friday for a race on Saturday. The room was clean, and comfortable. It was a little dated, but, met our needs for the price which was very reasonable. Close enough to town that we could walk everywhere. No complaints. It was a nice weekend getaway.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Rehoboth Quickie"
Not great but not horrible. The staff was very nice. You get what you pay for and this is not intended to be a 4-star hotel. The bed was comfortable. The rooms are old but clean.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2015
"Clean hotel for the $ good value"
Room was clean, was in town for Labor day festivities. Love the fact that most hotels in this area are dog friendly, as this was my dogs first vacation! Area around hotel was nice had to walk drive to eat and beach is few blocks away.
4 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
JOHN
"Decent Place if You're Looking for a Cheap Stay"
There was a bit of a musty smell when we walked in, but other than that it was clean.
3 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
Rachelle
"Needs Updating"
For the amount of money I spent per night, would have liked this place to be nicer. Plus it is a long walk to the beach. If you like walking, it was an enjoyable walk though. Slept well enough on the bed, shower was good, but toilet was very shaky. Will probably look for something better next time.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Pleasant Solo~Get~Away"
My room was on the 3rd floor, but the elevator made it easy for hauling my bike, as well as the cooler & other material items up & down from car to room. The sink was leaking into the floor & I told the front desk & when I returned from a day at the beach it was repaired. Comfy bed, toilet, tub, tv, a/c & electricity all in working order.Carpet a bit grungy & dampish... Had trouble connecting to the internet, so decided I could live without it for 2 days. Close, safe bike ride to the shore & to Bethany & Rehobeth destinations. ;-)Little bit of traffic noise~tolerable.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2015
Robin
"Awesome stay!"
I really enjoyed the close proximity to the beach and boardwalk. The fact that the hotel was also close to the strip where several shops and eateries were located also made the hotel an ideal stay. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with the cleanliness and layout of the hotel. I would definitely revisit and also recommend the Sea Esta IV to friends and family.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Unishia
"Clean and convenient."
This motel staff was courteous and helpful. It is a little less then a mile away from the restaurants and bars in Dewey. We did use taxis but it is definitely walking distance to the heart of Dewey. The room itself had everything we needed. It came with a fridge, coffee maker, microwave, iron/board, and hairdryer. It did not have a safe. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. We loved the water pressure in the shower. There is an elevator to the upper floors All in all, it's a great price and a clean room.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"DISGUSTING!!"
This place is DISGUSTING!! Do not stay here!! We were shown 3 rooms and each one was very smelly. They were nice enough to let us stay in the sea esta 3, which was much better but not great.
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Air conditioner didn't cool the room well. And it make horrid clicking noises through the night which woke us up all hours.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Condition of our room when we arrived."
When we arrived on Monday the shower stall had hair on it and the ice bucket had water in it from the previous people. I reported this to the girl at the desk on Tuesday morning. Tuesday evening the room was still not cleaned up. Wednesday morning I went to report the room but there was a new girl there by the name of Darline. I told her the problems and she even took the time to go to our room and even take pictures. Wednesday evening when we returned the room was perfectly clean and we even had hand soap. I want to thank Darline for making our last night perfect.
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
the room is clean... and comfortable.. but the wifi is not good signal to used. The room service is late...
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Duc
"STAY IN H@LL IF YOU WANT TO...THIS PLACE SUCKS!"
BEWARE OF THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL. PIZZA SAUCE ON A BRAND NEW FRESHLY CHECKED IN ROOM. THE ROOMS ARE OLD , MOLDY AND PUT TOGETHER BACK backwards. FOUND SOMEONE ELSE'S WET SANDY UNDERWEAR IN OUR ROOM IN A BAG-(HOW DID THE MAID MISS THIS??????) .THE MANAGER DOES NOT CALL BACK AFTER NUMEROUS VOICEMAILS. THE SHOWER DOES NOT DARIN. ONE PERSON AND THE SHOWER IS PAST YOUR CALF. DISGUSTING !!!!!!THE SHOWER CURTAIN IS MOLDY. THIS PLACES DEFINES "SUCKS"!
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"About what you'd expect"
I don't want to bash the place because it's pretty much what you expect. Overpriced during the summer (because they can get that much..and don't blame them for doing so), but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there any other time. They were good about their pet policy. They don't make you book a full 3-night weekend. They were accommodated a big truck taking up more than one space. And they don't charge you "per person." So no complaints about that stuff. However, if you're one for cleanliness, then this is definitely not a place for you. If you can tolerate it, then you will survive. Mattresses and carpets are from another century and definitely show their wear. There was still coffee in the pot from another guest...that one kinda grossed me out (thankfully I didn't drink it thinking my roommate made it). Location is pretty good. It's a tolerable walk to the bars, restaurants, and beach. All in all, it's not a great place, nor is it atrociously terrible. Depending on what other area hotels are charging, you might do better, you might not.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"OK"
First the good: right next door to a gas station & convenience store, friendly staff, provided shampoo & soap which we had forgotten, not too far from town- 10 minute walk to the Starboard, AC worked, beds were comfortable The wifi didn't work in our room, but did if we went closer to the office. Also, the room had some spider webs that hadn't been cleaned in a while. I would recommend this place to a friend because it is inexpensive and close enough to town
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Kerri
"Had hoped for more!"
Long check in process due to glitches. No housekeeping service at all until the 3rd day. The office was not open when it was supposed to be. The motel seemed understaffed.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Sally
This was a solid hotel, in a good location, with easy access to anything you could want to do in coastal Delaware. Sadly there weren't any dirty laundry bags I have become accustomed to in hotel stays, nor an assortment of shower supplies and the worst part of our stay was finding a bag and of fish heads in the freezer. All and all these things were very minor in the grand scheme of things, the room was clean and the beds decently comfortable for the level of hotel.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Albert
at first we were kind of skeptical but when we got there the staff was super nice the room was clean and pretty updated. Over all I was very content and happy for the price!
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Alexa
"Good value for the price."
We enjoyed our 2 night stay. Room was large and had all the amenities we needed (coffeemaker, refrig, microwave, good shower) Staff was friendly and helpful and very responsive. Close to get into Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, or the state park. Only problem was that the air conditioner unit leaked, making the carpet wet in front of it, which was next to the bed. Only real discomfort was having the A/C blowing directly on one of us all night.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Good for students or anyone on a budget"
We rented two rooms for a total of 5 guests for one night. The check in time wasn't until 3 PM which was fine since we just went to the beach, but may be an issue for others. The lady at the front desk was nice and we got our keys within a few minutes. The building itself was more or less what I expected from a motel and perhaps could use some updating, but the rooms were better than I anticipated. Both rooms included flatscreen TV's which I didn't expect from the photos on expedia, so that was a pleasant surprise. It was as clean as any hotel I've been to which I also didn't expect seeing as it was a motel. The only complaints I have about the rooms is that the sink was dirty in one and one smelled of smoke, but we left the door open for a bit and it was fine.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Jack
"Quick stop"
Exactly what epected. Clean & essential needs.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Barry
"siesta"
staff friendly, and a good choice for budget friendly hotels.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"The staff were helpful!"
The first two nights were horrible. The carpet was wet, it was musty smelling and the air conditioner did not work in our third floor room. The staff was very helpful as they relocated us to the second floor with a brand new air conditioner which made the rest of our stay much more pleasant!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"For the price- Good, clean and comfortable"
The hotel was comfortable, clean. The Staff was extremely nice. The location is a little further from the beach than I anticipated, although in walking distance.
3 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
"Just a cheap motel"
Decent spot on a tight budget or if everything else is sold out and nothing more. It's close to lots of bars, restaurants, the beach, stores, etc. One of our 2 double beds was broken, but the room was very clean, though. It's as good as any motel you'll find.....it's not The Ritz, so keep your expectations as such.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
MikeD
"My sea esta iv"
It was a good stay for the time I was there but I wish there was breakfast and the service waa better. We arrived and had to wait because the machines were down so we could not check in. The elevator was extremely slow. There was no lower pool. The TV would not come on for hours. If you need a place to just crash and you do not plan on staying in the room much at all while at the beach. This is the place to do that. The rates were great for me though. Three nights-$300.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"comfort away from home"
we loved it , will stay there again ,THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY,
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
gene
"Good simple place for a trip to the beach."
This motel fit what I was looking for. Room was fine and clean, with great a/c, and reasonably well located. It's walking distance to the beach in dewey - probably a 10 minute walk. If you have a load of stuff, or you've got kids with you, the walk might be a pain, but if not, it's not bad. Dewey's not rehoboth though, so there's no boardwalk and strip of places right off the beach. For that. you'd need to drive or bike. The motel is also walking distance to the bars and restaurants in Dewey, which aren't bad. Not a cool beach town vibe like Rehoboth ave, but good places to eat and drink, lots of choices, some with live music, without having to drive. They say parking is first come / first serve, but while I was there, there didn't seem to be any problem with spots, and they were booked, so parking capacity seems fine.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2015
"We had some distance to walk to the beach"
We did not get enough towels every time. We had four guests that you list before the stay and even after we asked. We still would only have three towels everyday when we needed four.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Perfect Location"
To start off I will state there were two negatives. 1. We got there around 2:30 knowing check in was 3PM. That is fine we couldn't check in early obviously, but we wanted to make sure it was 3 and the man in the office said it was. So we hung out in Rehobeth until a little past 3PM, to come back to find out the rooms were not going to be ready for another 30 minutes. 45 minutes goes by waiting in the hot parking lot, and we gave up went up to our room requested for clean sheets and made our own bed. Check in time should be when it is stated. People want to get there and get done and should be able to have their room when stated it should be ready. 2. The second negative was that the man in the office did not ask for my card before charging it. In fact we wanted to change the card in the account and had no option before they charged the card. I understand that was the card on the account, but my card should never be charged without asking for ID, and for verification of the card itself. That right there was a huge problem. With those two negatives being said: The room was CLEAN, and larger then we expected. The furniture was also nice. It was great to have a king bed and a table set up with dresses and full night tables and still have plenty of space. Microwave and refrigerator were Great too, and I liked the sink outside of the actual bathroom set up. We stayed for 5 days and 4 nights and overall it was a great clean stay. one recommendation: softer beds !
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Adri
"very good hotel"
It was good.. I really enjoyed staying there.. Quite clean and comfortable ..highly recommended
2 night trip Jul 27, 2015
alaa edden
"Surprisingly quiet"
When we arrived, I was concerned that it would be noisy -- it is by the road and there was a family with young children in the next room. We heard neither traffic nor neighbors. Check in and out were easy and pleasant. The room was clean. Good value for a place in walking distance of the beach.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Not yet at its best."
Our room wasn't ready upon our arrival. When it WAS, it smelled like smoke though a non-smoking room. hey DID allow us to move into a better room one floor up, which was adequate except that the AC filter was filthy and smelled like mildew when the AC ran. Also we did not get any info on the AAA discount we had asked for; at least a discount for our inconvenience!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Joan
"This hotel was okay"
A sign in the office when I checked said they had just remodelled in 2014. They had wonderful new appliances, i.e. refrigerator, microwave, TV and coffee maker. But the furniture and decor was.very dated and a bit scuffed up. The room was clean and the bed comfortable though. The room rate was a good price. It was good for a couple of days but I wouldn't want to stay for a week. Overall, not bad but not great.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Deb
"Comfortable stay near the beach"
Very nice play to stay if you're looking for just a place to sleep and shower. Hotel staff was generally nice though we had to ask for fresh towels both days. The hotel was in a convenient location of downtown Dewey and only a few blocks from the beach. Overall I'd recommend this place to anyone and will definitely stay again in the future!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015