All hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Calle de las Pilas, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, 23453, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Beautiful rooms near everything"
The rooms are beautiful offering great views. The three bedrooms were huge, very nicely finished, and comfortable. Great location - it's a five minute walk to the night life and restaurant area, and 15-20min to the busy part of the beach. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were thrilled to stay here.
3 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
Mikhail

TripAdvisor reviews for Cabo Viejo Luxury Estates & Spa

"Amazing View - Great Space - Walk to Everything"
06/30/15 StaciSouhan Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We love Cabo Viego! The villas are simply beautiful and spacious. The housekeeping is daily and they even happily do your dishes and fold your laundry if you leave it in the dryer. The view from the villas is amazing! We love the location at the edge of the Pedregal. We are walkers and walked everywhere to eat and enjoy the city and marina. Each villa has it's own dipping pool with an amazing view too. They set up a car rental for us that included full coverage. They arranged for a private chef to come to our villa. We enjoyed massage at the spa. The staff was very helpful. They even found and arranged for a in villa professional make-up artist to help me for my wedding. We honestly never use their restaurants or bars because we are so close to town and love that experience. But, we have heard the Italian Restaurant is very good. We stayed two weeks and plan to return every year.
"Dangerous Balcony Jacuzzis and Deceptive Sales Techniques"
06/02/15 KatWat39 Jonesborough, Tennessee
If you like to be away from the beach and all the activity in Cabo Sal Lucas, Cabo Viejo has awesome views. I didn’t care for the location. I prefer closer beach access. Plus, the steep inclines made it difficult to walk around outside, which I enjoy doing in the mornings. The balcony jucuzzis are an attractive feature, but they have no safety railing to prevent falls. The wide concrete wall provides more of a seat than safety. Scary! These are dangerous for children, people with balance problems and those who are drinking alcohol or on medications. I recommend avoiding these units or at least staying out of the Jacuzzi. The on-site restaurant (Capo San Giovanni’s) is awesome. Whether you stay here or not, you owe it to yourself to have dinner at this restaurant. It’s a little pricey, but well worth it. We attended a sales presentation while we were there. Rude people, high pressure and deception is the best way I can describe it. 90-minute presentation was almost four hours. The push was for us to sign over our timeshares to them, and we wouldn’t have to pay anything extra. You know that there’s something hidden in the fine print. Very deceptive, and we’re not signing over timeshares that we’re happy with for whatever is behind Door No. 2. Javier basically called us liars, stupid and sneered that he paid for our time so we would sit right there. Rudest salesman ever! The time requirement was just another deception. The first 1+ hours “breakfast and qualifying”, and the last 1+ hours “checkout”. We went through “checkout” with three of the six high-pressure salesmen that hammered us. The overall approach made us feel like it could be a scam. Scary when you’re out of your home country and aren’t familiar with the laws! Even if I liked the place and wanted to buy, I would need time to research the company. Cabo Viejo isn’t a place that I can recommend.
"Great view!"
05/26/15 EJ460 Oliver, Canada
Spent a week at Cabo Viejo in early May. The 2 bedroom condo was spacious for 2 couples. Great kitchen to cook in. The pool on our private deck was not heated so we did not use it, the resort pool was great. Everything was walking distance so no car needed. We rented thru VRBO(260111) and had no hassles about doing a presentation for timeshares we could see them happening from our deck. The view at night of the town and marina was awesome also very quiet. Would recommend this resort.
"Heaven on Earth"
05/22/15 Scooter D
I have now been to Cabo Viejo 4 times and once again Joe and his staff have "knocked it out of the park"! I cannot think of another vacation location that I have been to where everyone that works there is so eager to please. Everyone knows your name and it makes you feel as though you are at home. Thanks again and we will see yall in the fall!
"Private Residence Purchase in March 2015"
03/28/15 nezzieq Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I was invited to this resort for a "presentation" in March of this year, while I was vacationing at my own timeshare property, Pueblo Bonito, Sunset Beach. I have to say I was reluctant to do the presentation and had no intention of buying since I already have a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas. After seeing the property and mulling over the decision, I decided to buy!!! Reading some of the reviews here I have to say that my experience was very positive. They are obviously a great sales team as I had no intention of buying. I was not bullied and no one was rude! I simply was stunned by the property and location/views/accomodations and wanted to come and stay, so we worked out something that was actually affordable and didn't require a 30 year commitment like my other timeshare.........The place is absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to come and stay next year!!!! I have to say if you come to a presentation and have NO intention of buying and make it obvious, then people don't want their time wasted and you should be happy to have it cut short and get your deposit back. ONce again my experience was very positive, and I know that if I had not bought Ithey still would have honored what they offered me before coming to the presentation. All they want is that you generally consider the investment, and hear them out........and I'm glad that I did!
"Don't judge this piece of paradise based on the timeshare reviews!"
03/26/15 mkhochberg
It is important to know there is a difference between a presentation that is agreed upon between clients and sales people. Anyone can have a unpleasant experience with the process of purchasing a big commitment, such as a timeshare.... please known there is a difference when renting the villa's from owners! We as owners are very committed to client satisfaction. We take our business seriously and are completely separate entity from the "timeshare" division. Cabo Viejo is a very unique property located in the luxurious guard gated community of The Pedregal. This location allows guests to experience more privacy than the big resorts or hotels. We are a boutique condominium resort. Only 17 villa's are available. And very few are available to rent outside of a timeshare commitment. Which essentially, makes it more special! With amenities like your own private dipping pool, onsite well reviewed restaurant Capo San Giovanni and a list of concierge services available, you will feel completely satisfied! No need to rent a car or the hassles of getting a taxi, walk to town and enjoy all the best restaurants and bars just minutes away! It's truly a hidden oasis that should not be judged solely based on unhappy people with the timeshare presentation. Make your own experience and see for yourself what your missing out on!!!
"Most of the negative reviews seem to be of the time share presentation not about a stay at the condos."
03/19/15 JDJD2015 Anderson, Ohio
Over the the last several years my family and I have stayed at Cabo Viej many times. It has always been an excellent vacation. Every condo has a good view of the city, marina and the sea of Courtez. They range from 2 bedroom with about 2200 square feet, 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath with 2450 square feet up to 3 bedroom with over 3000 square feet. The staff is very helpful and the restaurant top notch. Plight don't know why Trip Advisor doesn't seperate the Time share review from then people that have actually stayed in the facility..
"Great view!"
03/01/15 Angela W Aldergrove, Canada
Cabo Viejo is perched among the hills on the edge of Pedregal. We stayed in a beautiful three bedroom Casa with a fabulous view of downtown Cabo and the mouth of the marina. Love the long balcony off the bedrooms where you can choose sun or no sun. We enjoyed the main pool and used the jacuzzi on the balcony of our suite to cool off on hot days( the heater wasn't working) Maintenance is apparently a little slow but the staff are all extremely friendly and helpful.
"Cabo Viejo "what's the deal?" Not good!"
02/13/15 536daleg
We went for a presentation of their property. We interviewed through the breakfast, toured and sat through the first one hour 15 minutes of why we were there - asking, finally, what is the price, what is your program. Jackie was our presenter. Said it was her only presentation today. Had one shot.... After sitting for that time, she said she needed someone else to finish with the details, left us sitting, came back, said a manager would be with us in 5 minutes, sat down and promptly packed her materials, grabbed her cell phone, and sat with out communication. When I asked after 10 more minutes, she got up and disappeared for some time, came back to us sitting and waiting - "shortly". Then another sales person came, talked in her ear, she got up to talk to him.... Then she came back and said 'follow me' (we were thinking to finish the presention). She took us to the exit elevator and exited down the stairs - not staying with us. At the check out we were informed we did not stay for the presentation and they would not give us our gifts - only our $20 deposit. "we stood up and quit 'she' said". We disagreed and asked for a manager, now we waited and asked over the next 30 minutes - being rejected. Finally we got them to agree that we never had a chance to finish the presentation, Jackie took us out - we NEVER got up to leave.... SO, we sat through the next 40 minutes, got the offer of 'deal'. Wife said too many numbers, no chance to look at contracts and we had been there for 3 hours. I asked if we had listened to the presentation and when the new man said, "yes", I simply told him that I could not ever buy something from someone who lied or misrepresented me as a quitter. I felt the organization playing a numbers game. Since I see management reviews these comments, I will look forward to your comments. Oh, yes, I was paid the $350 I was promised to see the property and spend 90 minutes to understand their program....From Iowa.
"Cabo Viejo - Home away from home."
02/09/15 Claudia E Sparks, Nevada
Last January my husband and I purchased 4 weeks of fractional ownership at Cabo Viejo. Our first stay was this January 3-31, 2015. We were very happy for 4 weeks. There are 16 villas and each one is very large and roomy and each one has a fantastic view of the city of Cabo San Lucas, the marina and the bay. The view is available from almost every room in the villa and from the huge deck which had it's own hot tub or plunge pool where you can watch the sunset over the bay as you sip your cocktail. The kitchens are equipped with new GE stainless steel appliances worthy of any chef. It was so nice to have an oven - an item you won't see in a resort room or hotel very often. The best part of our stay though was the wonderful people who work at Cabo Viejo. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best it could be. From Efran and the others at the gate, to Enrique, Alfredo and Ava and the others at the front desk, to the maintenance guys, to the maids, to the Eddie the bar tender, to the Miguel the hotel manager to Patrick the customer service manager, everyone treated us like family and did not rest until our every need and desire was met. The restaurant on site is amazing! Capo San Giovani . Now this is authentic Italian food. The chef is Italian and is so amazing. We had a party of 8 for dinner and we requested that they serve us our dinner upstairs in the bar which has a palapa roof and the best view of the city I have seen in Cabo instead of in the restaurant which was a floor below by the pool. They graciously agreed. They set up tables for us with fine linen and beautiful glassware and china. It was the most romantic setting imaginable! The chef came up and described his specialty dishes, and made recommendations for our meal. The food was amazing! After dinner we all went down stairs for the most amazing Tiramasou ever and coffee. As we sat and ate our dessert, the chef came by again to make sure we were happy and he started singing Italian opera to us. I thought Pavarotti must have been there! It was such a special night!. I highly recommend Capo San Giovani to anyone who is in Cabo San Lucas and who loves wonderful, authentic Italian food and who loves to be treated like royalty. They also serve a wonderful Tex-Mex breakfast buffet and a good lunch which they will serve to you by the pool. The facility provides a shuttle to Pedregal Beach which is the private beach used by Cabo Viejo as well as anyone who lives in the private Pedregal neighborhood. I have never seen a more beautiful beach! The rock formations and the special sunrises and sunsets from there are amazing. Cabo Viejo was still working hard to recover from the devastation of Hurricane Odile which hit Cabo and all of Southern Baja very hard last September. As they repair they don't just replace, they improve. Another really nice asset to Cabo Viejo is the fact that we have access to the gas BBQ by the pool. We invited friends to come and eat hamburgers with us and had a big party by the pool. We took our ice chest there for cold beer - right next to the pool and the hot tub. The view from the pool/BBQ area is amazing. Also, from Cabo Viejo we walked to town every day. It's a 5 minute walk to the restaurant area and shopping. We walked to the Marina in 10 minutes and to the mall in about 15 minutes. Cabo Wabo and other night life is also a 5 minute walk. Perfect location. So, to sum it up Cabo Viejo is a very unique, wonderful place to enjoy Cabo San Lucas, wheather you buy time there or rent a villa for a week or two.