All hotels in Hollywood, Florida, United States of America

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Room is all right
    Food is not good
"The Best Place to Stay on the Broadwalk"
The Walkabout Beach Resort is under new ownership and is getting a complete face lift, including new windows, Italian tile, and a brand new paint job. The Walkabout used to stand out as the art moderne-style pink hotel on the north end of the Broadwalk, but now it's a very lovely pistachio and white. Veronica and her dedicated staff will do almost anything in their power to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. They even bought us some lawn chairs for the beach which is about ten steps away from the hotel. There is a funky little Tiki Bar on the central patio with local musicians playing beach tunes while the lovely Cherise serves $2 drafts each day for Happy Hour (4-7). There is just a wonderful vibe at the Walkabout that makes you feel like you are staying with family down in the Caribbean. And because of its location at the north end of the Broadwalk, there are no crowds, even when many other parts of the beach are crawling with tourists. They do not serve food at the Walkabout, but the Marriott is right next door. My wife and I stayed in one of the two upstairs suites, complete with living room offering a 180 degree overlook of the the Broadwalk and beach. The suite includes a kitchen with refrigerator, coffee make, and microwave. We have been coming to Hollywood Beach for years and have stayed in most of the hotels along the beach, and I can tell you there is no finer place to stay than the spectacular Walkabout.
7 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
Stephen
"Short get away"
Fantastic! Close to everything. Right on the beach. Tiki bar, and no elevators. Bathroom sink drain was super slow. Just needed some TLC. Staff was kind and helpful. Bed was comfortable and the kitchen in the room worked perfectly for small breakfast to start your morning. We would stay again. Thanks for a great time.
4 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"What I expected for a Motel from about the 1930's"
We would come back to this motel, this was our 1st trip without our kids. I would just request that they tiddy our room each day. It was plesant & comfortable. Easy to get in & out, unlike the big mega propertys. We liked how they had beach chairs & umbrellas to take down on the beach and the courtyard bar could be fun, we were just into the time we had with each other, not a group.
Denise
"Great weekend!"
Loved it! Would definitely recommend.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Lay back and chill"
Beach and location were great.Older hotel with some wear and tear, but clean. Free parking a plus. Tiki bar offered one of the best venues on the boardwalk. Room was large, and air was cold. Cool lay back Beach Hotel.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
"Great location, great stay."
We came to the Ft Lauderdale area for a Miami Dolphins Football game, and thought it would be fun to stay on the beach. This hotel was a great find! It was right on the beach, easy to find and everybody was super nice! The room was clean(which is a MUST for me), and really spacious. The only complaint was the air conditioning unit noise, but that wouldn't stop us from staying there again. Our room was right next to the bar, but we couldn't hear any noise from the outside once inside the room. The staff at the bar were awesome, and we spent both nights there before heading in. It was a great stay!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Jaimie
"Fantastic Beachside Experience"
Stayed at the Walkabout for two back to back work trips. Loved the location right on the beach, quick and easy access to downtown Hollywood for work & evening dining, met a bunch of fun, entertaining, and awesome locals and bartenders at the courtyard Tiki bar, above and beyond outstanding service from hotel personnel, overall had a great time. Highly recommended!
5 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Jake
"Quaint Beachside Hotel, Charming & Lovely Staff"
I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Walkabout Beach Resort for an extended business trip of nearly two weeks. My room was pleasantly furnished, kept immaculately clean by the maid service, and, just steps outside my door, I had both the beautiful turquoise blue waters of Hollywood Beach as well as the Walkabout's patio Tiki Bar (staffed and frequented by some of the most captivating, engaging, and entertaining bartenders and regulars I've met in a VERY long time.) The hotel was conveniently located, near downtown Hollywood, giving me easy access to the beach, work, and evening dining, but it really was the hotel staff and Hollywood Beach regulars that made my stay so special. If you have any appreciation for smaller independent hotel experiences, you really can't go wrong enjoying the rooms and atmosphere offered up by the wonderfully quirky and utterly charming Walkabout Beach Resort.
7 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Jake J
"tv does not work, no service al out"
It does not cover my expectation.it was poor place
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"The best place I have ever stayed in Hollywood!!"
I will be back and I will tell everyone to visit Walk About Beach Resort! Five stars all the way!
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Peggy
Great Location and great service . We will be going back soon .
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Very convenient Hollywood hotel."
Really impressed by the laidback friendliness of the staff/owners of the Walkabout. Really made one feel comfortable. Enjoyed the location across from the beach as well.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Road trip from TX to Florida"
After staying in PCB for a few days, we headed to Hollywood Beach, where we stayed the longest. Easy to find and staff available since we checked in late. Sherry was very accomdating as she asked everyday if we needed anything. The staff was also great since we had a 14' enclosed trailer with us to pick up fish mounts @ Gray Taxidermy. They let us park close with no worries! We stayed 5 nights and sadly left on the 6th day. We loved the clean beach, clean and fun boardwalk and good restaurants.Nick is a good one, everything we had there was good. Florios Itailian, very good as well. The kids rode bikes from a shop on the boardwalk and had a very good time.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
KC
"Memorial Day Weekend"
I've stayed here before and will go back to stay again. Unfortunately, one night our electric went out in our bed room and we didn't get it resolved until the following day. The breaker for our room was in another guest's room. The manager who helped us did what she could to help and comp'd us $50.00 The only thing I was super disappointed with was the living room air conditioner was blowing out fan air only and not cold. I mentioned it to another manager and she just commented that they'll probably need to replace the unit. It was my birthday weekend and I was completely dripping with sweat while getting ready to go out for my birthday dinner. My last visit however in a very beautiful unit in the front that faces the ocean was an excellent experience. I'll go back but I must say I was quite disappointed in the air conditioning situation.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Rooms are large and have everything you need. Location is great and the Tiki bar is fun. The hotel staff is very friendly.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Best experience !"
We enjoyed our stay , everything was to our espectation and super clean .
3 night family trip May 9, 2014
Marlene
"This is a very nice hotel right on the beach."
With a friendly staff and cozy hotel, it felt like a private resort right in all the fun of Hollywood Beach. The tiki bar at the hotel has a great view of the ocean and the boardwalk. What fun! Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The kitchen had refrigerator and area for simple food prep that we used for snacking. With the short walk across the boardwalk to the beach, it was simple to get refreshments all day long. While the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, we had delivery from several great places.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Greg
"Great Hollywood Broadwalk option"
If you're looking for a small hotel with beach-themed rooms that have excellent ocean views, this is the place for you. The tiki bar is popular, and you're literally a stone's throw from the beach. Lots of restaurants and local entertainment all around. The suites have a wall of windows facing east. The cleaning service needs to be a little more thorough with the hard wood floors, but the rooms are exactly what you see in the pictures. This is authentic old Hollywood Beach.
2 night trip May 10, 2014
"You had me at Tiki Bar!"
We really enjoyed this spot---the location, customer service, room, and Tiki Bar were top notch. We only had 1 night here but were hoping to move in and stay for the month!
1 night romance trip May 4, 2014
"Loved it!"
Great value and location for the money! The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and very large. We will definitely be back!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Nice Spot On The Beach"
Rooms are big and clean, with everything you need. Staff is very friendly and helpful. If you need anything, just ask. They'll make sure you get what you need. We chose the least expensive of the rooms and next time we would go with the higher end options. Our room was fine, but the others were nicer. Not all rooms have the wood floors as pictured. Other reviewers complained about the bed being "hard" but we found it comfortable. The rooms are slightly dated from the online pictures, but they are still comfortable. The tiki bar was fun and never a problem as far as noise. The locals who hang out there are really nice and gave us recommendations for restaurants and things to do. The Marriott next door has a nice breakfast buffet on the weekends and an ATM inside the lobby. This was our first visit to Hollywood and the feel is very different from Florida's west coast beaches. It took us a minute to adjust, but we ended up loving the beautiful beach and casual atmosphere.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Gina
"Great View of the Boardwalk and Beach"
My husband and I loved our stay at this hotel. There is a wonderful Tiki Bar right outside our room where you can get drinks, and shade from the sun. It closes at 10pm so no worries about getting rest if you retire early. There was one night when the Tiki Bar stayed open later, but believe that was an issue with the new bartender. The Boardwalk is right next to the Tiki Bar and then the beach, so from our room, we could see the beach. The beach has some palm trees that provide some shade so you don't have to always purchase umbrellas if you are on a budget. The hotel provides beach chairs and towels. Our room had a small kitchenette but only had the basics, e.g., toaster, coffee maker, fridge, small frying pan, eating utensils, electric hot plate (no stove). We loved the walks along the boardwalk because we could still hear the sound of the water while walking. We were only a short walk from the restaurants. Overall, we enjoyed it so much, we are going back with friends next year.
7 night romance trip Mar 14, 2014
Joey and Bill
"Walkabout Beach. We'll be back !"
Funky, unique and clean. Great location and friendly employees. Felt right at home. No need to stay at the more expensive Marriott right next door. Will be returning next year. It has everything you need !
4 night trip Mar 6, 2014
"Super Cute Hotel"
Location was great. Staff was friendly and the room itself was adorable. I would definitely stay here again. Literally steps from the beach and boardwalk.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Fabulous!"
It was one of the best places I have ever stayed at. The beach was right there! I felt very comfortable. The decor was refreshing.. pinks, coral and white. The housekeeper, Sherry, was very sweet and helpful. Am thinking of going again next year!
7 night trip Feb 2, 2014
Arlene
"Nice Little hotel on the boardwalk"
Outstanding but too short. We were only there for a night. We will be back.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Ross
"Hollywood Fl Walkabout"
We loved the location of this hotel. There was no parking at the hotel so they give you free parking next door at the Marriott. The only problem we had there was we had all out luggage to haul from the car to our room. We had to roll our suitcases and such right through the tiki bar area because our room was 10 feet from the tiki bar. Everyone at the bar was enjoying the show. Our room was a little to close to the tiki bar. When I was in our bathroom I could here what everyone was saying at the bar. No privacy here. Million dollar view from the court yard which was a good thing.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Oldie, but Goodie."
It's a beach thing. Old, pink hotel on the Boardwalk. Fun
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
"Not a place for sleep"
If you want to sleep, I recommend you do not stay here. The rooms are located very close to the hotel's Tiki bar, and the soundproofing is non-existent. We arrived around 6 pm on a Friday, and the bar was full of very noisy patrons. The entrance to our room was only a few feet away from the bar. I was concerned and asked the proprietor if this noise would continue much longer, and she assured me that it would quiet soon. I guess that her idea of "soon" is different from ours: the raucous noise began to quiet a bit around 11 pm, and finally died out around midnight. Impossible to sleep. And we could hear every sound from the adjacent rooms, also. On the good side, the room was large and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Getaway"
Waking up and being steps away from the beach made it worth the money. Beautiful weather was the added gravy. Plenty to do in walking distance
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Marques
"Great Place"
Despite an early arrival, every effort was made to get us checked in early. Tiki Hut bar outside our door, local hangout, but was not too loud or boisterous. we were made to feel like we belonged. Hotel has only 8 suites, but all are well done and homey. Even though the hotel lacked a pool, it was oceanfront.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
bob
"great tiki bar , service great"
Rooms very clean. Everybody that worked there from the front desk to the tiki bar to the maid service was great. Will book this motel again next time i go to florida. The only con would be the living room air conditioner did not work must be fixed. besides that every thing good.
2 night trip Dec 7, 2013
Doug K.
"A place to relax!"
Great spot in Hollywood beach. Small hotel that gives a touch of intimacy to your getaway. Although it's an old hotel, it was very clean & comfortable.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
"Great beach getaway"
Location is right on the beach. There is a great little Tiki bar in the center of the common area. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly! Most restaurants / bars are within walking distance. There is a Trolly that you can take as well. I will be back for sure!
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Britt
"Right on the Boardwalk"
Nice, relaxed atmosphere. You can enjoy all the Boardwalk action from Tiki bar.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Great view and location! Right on the Hollywood boardwalk facing the ocean. Was close to live entertainment yet far enough away that it was quiet. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2013
Jill
"Convenient"
We just got back from our 3 night stay in Hollywood, FL. The location was perfect. You literally cannot get any closer to the beach. The rooms were clean and so adorable. We stayed in room 2, which is right in the middle on the ground level. Pros: we were able to cook dinner, take a bottle of wine, and literally just walk out and sit on the patio by the tiki bar and enjoy the scenery. Cons: We pretty much had to have our blinds shut most of the day because anyone else sitting on the patio/bar could see into our room. Not a big big deal but I think next time we'd request one of the upper level rooms just to get a little bit more privacy. Other than that, there aren't any other cons I can think of. Great view, super convenient, great staff, loved it all!
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Awesome View!"
My family just came back from an extended weekend vacation. We had a great stay. The view was amazing, the rooms were cute, comfortable and clean. The tiki bar is an added bonus.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
I was very pleased with the room and the location. Very clean and modern rooms. They have a band that plays really nice music overall the place is a 10. The staff was very nice... loved it I live in Miami and love Hollywood beach
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2013
Roxana
"Very relaxing!"
Great location on the north end of the Hollywood broadwalk. When we first checked in I was mildly apprehensive to discover that we were booked into a room that was *right* next to the tiki bar (worried about it being noisy etc..), however, it was not an issue at all. We were there for a few days of just chilling out and this was PERFECT. The room was great --a renovated studio apt?-- so there was a small kitchenette, decent sized closet, comfy chairs, very spacious and relaxing. AND, the beach is right outside your door. Complimentary beach chairs, hose for rinsing feet, beach towels, very nice relaxing decor, AC worked great. Parking is right next door at the Marriot so it is very convenient to get in and out. Lots of restaurants nearby, and there is a Publix within 10 mins so you can get groceries, drinks, etc. The only things that could be improved on was the mattress was a little hard and the pillows a little flat, but really not bad at all. Housekeeping was great, especially since despite all our efforts we were tracking in sand daily. Overall we LOVED this adorable little hotel. It is super cute, right on the beach, great value for the money. If you are a high maintenance traveler and require a big glossy hotel, then this might not be for you. But, if you just want to relax and keep it low key, this is perfect. We will definitely be back.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
Gen

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Excellent!"
Super impressed with this boutique hotel. The suite was a perfect setup for our family getaway, the staff were super accommodating and the beach was 10ft from our door. Can't beat it.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Kris
"great time!"
Hotel very comfortable and inviting. Would stay again. It was a little pricey though.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Amazing location, small comfortable hotel"
We had been at a big conference hotel and it was lovely to stay somewhere small and friendly. The bar in the little courtyard was a nice touch.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Anna
"Great location right on the beach"
We arrived earlier than the check in time and staff were very accommodating by looking after our luggage until room was ready. Offered us beach chairs and beach towels to use.Nice gesture. Nice little tiki bar out front where you can sit and look at the ocean and the world go by. Spacious suite with comfy bed and nice beachy feel furnishings in keeping with location. Bathroom a little dated and loo not flushing was only problem. Lots of towels provided which was nice(so often in places always have to ask for more). Would definitely recommend a stay.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
Barb

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Traum in pink - Walkabout Beach Resort Hollywood"
Sehr schönes Hotel (wer wohnt schon in einem pinken Hotel?!), das direkt am Strand liegt. Nur über den Broadwalk und man liegt im Sand :o) Das Zimmer war ausreichend groß mit Küchenzeile und Theke. Flat-TV. Direkt davor ist die Hotel eigene Tiki-Bar, die stets gut besucht war. Das heißt, es ist bis in die Nacht hinein laut. Was aber nicht weiter stört, man geht im Urlaub ja nicht früh zu Bett. Die Mitarbeiter waren ausgesprochen nett und hilfsbereit. Schneller Checkin und Checkout. Man konnte sich für den Strand Stühle und Schirme ausleihen. Wir waren nur eine Nacht dort, was wir sofort sehr schade fanden, da wir gerne länger geblieben wären. Wir werden auf jeden Fall wiederkommen!
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Jacqueline
DE
"Belle découverte"
Hotel "les pieds dans l'eau". Les photos laissent suggérer que vous êtes plus isolés qu'en réalité ( grand hôtel de l'autre côté de la rue) mais le quartier reste pour autant très agréable. Personne acceuillante à l'arrivé & conciliante puisque nous avons pu laissé notre voiture de location sur le parking du personnel alors que l'on doit la déplacer sur un parking éloigné au bout de la rue avec une carte spéciale).Chambre spacieuse & agréable avec une atmosphère très bord de mer ( blanche, déco en bois flotté, etc...)Salle de bain "old style" mais en phase avec la déco de la chambre. En bref , un hôtel avec beaucoup de charme & un peu différent des hôtels aseptisés mais cela a aussi des avantages.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Philippe
FR
"Perfekte Lage, gute Ausstattung, Super-Team!!!"
Ein Traum!!! Sensationelle Lage unmittelbar an der Promenade und am Strand. Lange Spaziergänge sehr gut vom Hotel aus machbar. Strandstühle verfügbar. Besitzerin sehr entgegenkommend und freundlich! Wir kommen sicher wieder!!!
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
DE
"Bästa läge vid Hollywood Broadwalk"
Mycket trevlig och hjälpsam personal Härlig strand och gångavstånd till mysiga restauranger. Kan varmt rekommenderas
3 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
Louise
SE
"Superfint boende med magiskt läge"
Jättefint ställe direkt vid stranden! Rent, fin utsikt, trevlig Tikki-bar. Wi-fi fungerar dåligt på rummet men utmärkt på stranden :)
8 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Hanna
"Toppenställe"
Ett toppenställe direkt på beachen!
12 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014