All hotels in Patong, Thailand
47/1 Nanai RoadPatong Beach, PatongPhuket83150Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good deal close to things and quiet at night!"
Its a good place, I would recommend. There is one thing though, and it is probably a passing problem, but the water goes off a few times a day it seemed while I was there. The one time I did go downstairs and ask the friendly man at the front desk asked if I could wait 15 minutes, and sure enough, in 15 minutes things were fine. This was really the only thing. But the staff is very nice, friendly and the hotel is walking distance from Bangla, the beach and a really nice indoor market and an outdoor one at night. Cant beat the price, I wish everything in Patong was reasonably priced as where I stayed ;)
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
DK

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Baan Nitra Guesthouse"
It was good. Worth it for the price offered
2 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2015
AHMAD FAIZUDDIN
"No Hot Water"
Booked for one week. Arrived at midnight Thursday. No hot water. Friday asked the manager and maid and was told that it was broken. Bought an airplane ticket home on Saturday (lost the money for the other return ticket).and left first flight Sunday morning to go back home. I wonder how much a hot shower would be at one of the many brothels in the neighborhood. And now I've called Hotels .com for a refund everyday this week, " We'll call you back in an hour." They never call back. They tell me the same thing everyday.
7 night trip Jun 25, 2015
Roger
"Worth every cent!!!"
We arrived late and forgot our itinerary but the staff were so lovely! whikst we waited for it to get sorted we sat down and drink some Chang and they taught us how to say a few things in Thai. Our room was always clean and very comfortable. Just a short walk to centre of town with lots of great food along the way. We will stay again, you just can't best the price!!!
Other trip May 2, 2015
kate

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"水浸しの部屋!"
予約はドミトリー、1人部屋にして頂けましたが、床は全面水浸し掃除は??? 自分でモップを借りて掃除をしようとしましたが部屋を換えてくれました。安いから仕方ないかな?とほほ・・・の部屋でした。1泊でよかった。
1 night trip Jun 16, 2015
JP
"it's good for the price"
De locatie van de guesthouse is goed. met 200thb kom je al in de kleurige gedeelte met de tuktuk. Eigenaar woont op de bovenste verdieping, vriendelijk 1 min puntje is dat zij weinig engels begrijpen. Voor budgetreizigers is dit wel een aanrader..
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2013
cindy
NL
"ihan ok paikka"
Clean rooms, warm water on shover, 10 minutes walk to bangla road. No restaurant or bar. Basic city resort. Nothing bad to say.
3 night trip Oct 7, 2013
IN

TripAdvisor reviews for Baan Nitra Guesthouse Patong

"Appalling "
12/29/15 John W
We chose this accomadation thinking it would be OK appreciate its not the Hilton. So the room was clean , reasonable size ,fresh towels everyday ,but the problem came when you tried to use the toilet shower or basin. Water it would appear is an optional extra !! No hot water at all We discussed this issue with the staff who scurried around to make water appear which it did then stopped. a little like Russian roulette wether you could even use the toilet. After 3 night s of the Enginer is coming followed by can't come before holiday we asked for the remaining 12 days to be refunded ......... Not a chance of that we were told to contact booking . Com Mmm nothing to do with them ! Sorry would not advice the use of this property unless you don't want to use the toilet or wash really appreciate the thai welcome and helpfulness here ..... Not
"cheaters and liers"
12/05/14 elmundoazul Madrid, Spain
we stayed here only for one night. we found out that we were paying 700 bahts for a night and on tripadvisor you could book it for 430 bahts or so. when i asked them to reduce the price they flatly refused. we left the following morning. rooms are big as i stayed here 3 years ago. with a nice view of phuket. bathrooms are also big and air con is included in the price. they have a bar downstairs where the prostitutes ply their trade. loud music and a lot of drunk people. so beware.
"Got out as soon as possible!"
09/27/13 Irish_bird1979
Had the eerie feeling of an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Did not feel safe and didn't sleep a wink all night. I kept thinking someone was going to break in. When I told the manager I wanted to leave because I didn't feel safe, he took no notice. But then I had paid up front the day before so he'd got his money :( he didn't offer a refund either. I've travelled for years on my own, I never felt so unsafe as I did here. I've seen the manager often replies to negative reviews here, that should've been a clue that it was not going to go well!!
"Clean Room, Good Price"
09/14/13 Whitforbrains
Stayed here for 2 nights in September for 500 baht per night including hot shower and ac. This place was about a 20 minute walk into town but still had restaurants and 7/11s nearby. It was quite clean and large. My only complaints are the towels smelled mildewy after getting wet and the wifi didn't work at all during our 2 day stay.
"Great value and excellent staff!"
08/05/13 Gerk578
I came to patong after spending 2 weeks on the east islands (Samui, phangan and Tao) with three girlfriends and we had spent a lot staying in nice places on the other islands so needed to seriously budget for the rest of our trip. It's so cheap to stay and exactly what you need. It was the first place in 2 weeks we could have a hot shower, clean, wifi, tv, comfy beds, central location, ten mins walk to beach, great aircon, and the BEST receptionist December, he is Thai with amazing English and he made us bracelets with our names on them as a gift and was so so funny and helpful. I couldn't say enough about the place for what you are paying. And btw Patong is full of wild nightlife and ping pong shows but the beach is great!
"Not recommended for light sleepers"
04/03/13 Jannat_Jahaan mumbai
The guest house would be ok for backpackers or friends travelling on a shoestring budget. Pros: The Location (close to Junceylon Shopping Centre & Soi Bangla), 7-11 & Family marts close by Cons: -Poor Wifi with not so great signal even on the 1st floor room!! -Next to a noisy street which makes it difficult to sleep what with the roar of bikes all through the night -Chose a Fan room which to our shock did not have a proper ceiling fan;rather it was a table fan fixed to the ceiling!!! Was terribly hot & mosquitos bothered us since the hotel management hadn't provided a mosquito repellent machine. Was terribly disappointed.I wouldn't go back-neither would I recommend.
"Stayed for 5 days"
02/06/13 Robert A Atlanta
The place was extraordinarily clean and convenient. Had a mini-fridge in the room which allowed me to stock up on the bottled water and keep it in the room. Far enough away from Bangla road to have a quiet nights sleep but close enough to Bangla and the beach to walk if you wanted to. The owner was very nice and really concerned with his guests. Was even able to offer a couple suggestions for snorkeling and food, even arranged for travel for us back to the airport. I would highly recommend this business to anyone.
"A great room for the price"
01/25/13 Stuart E Farnborough, United Kingdom
My wife and I stayed in Baan Nitra for 2 nights of our honeymoon. We knew that Patong had a bit of a seedy reputation and decided to add it to our trip to round out our Thailand experience. We had just come back from Phi Phi and still feeling a little delicate (See our review of Viking Natures Resort.) The man at the front desk seemed a little perplexed to see us at 1st but my wife speaks fluent French and that helped as the 2 of them chatted away. Sadly my French is about as good as my Thai but I'm assured he was being very friendly and helpful. He showed us up to our room which was an air conditioned room at the top and at the back. The room was spacious with a king sized bed, TV, safe and a fan as well as the air con. The fan was a great addition as it helped to cool us while the air con started to work. The man directed us to the complex of restaurants and the beach and let us know that between them was the Go-Go bars. The room had an ensuite shower room which didn't have much ventilation. This meant that it had a slight damp odour about it and occasionally would smell quite strongly. My wife's supersensitive sense of smell found this a bit more unpleasent than I did and I didn't notice it much at all. The owner had put a deoderising gel in there so was trying to combat the problem. For the price we paid (around 800Bhat a night) we were expecting a tiny dive and we were pleasantly surprised with what we got for the money. This isn't the Ritz and doesn't pretend to be. It is a backpackers guesthouse in Patong that charges really good rates. It is located on nanai road which is packed with other guesthouses, hotels and theme bars. It is a short walk to the market and the large shopping and restraunt complex. Behind that is the infamous Bangla road and then the most crowded beach I have ever seen. Patong was not for us, we only saw Bangla road during the day time and that was enough for us. The beach was stuffed full of sunloungers and didn't look fun or relaxing. I think we were asked if we wanted a suit, a massage, a hammock or a tuk tuk more on this short walk than all of the rest of our trip put together. It is a tourist trap and seems to deserve its reputation. We weren't feeling our best while we were in Patong so the large complex of western restraunts and fast food was a godsend. However if Patong draws you, the Baan Nitra Guesthouse is a safe haven a short walk away from the hustle and bustle of the strip, its quiet at night, pleasant and friendly in a place which seemed to us the exact opposite of that. There is a building site in front of and directly behind the guesthose and the Thai's seem to start work early and finish fairly late.
"Safe, central and staff who were very helpful!!"
12/20/12 Irishprincess142
I stayed in baan nitra for what was planned for one night and ended up staying 11 !! The staff were friendly and always willing to help with local amenities , advice in where to go ect!! I felt safe and was close to everything patong Main Street was like 15 min walk away I will def be returning and staying again!! Irish girl **
"Clean and good value"
10/27/12 LaydeeLala Auckland Region, New Zealand
Paid 390 Baht for an air conditioned room up the top, found the room to be clean and really big with it's own balcony, fridge, tv and free wifi. Sometimes it was hard to get a wifi connection, but I found myself awake pretty early most days so just used it in the morning. The mattress was very firm - I can sleep anywhere, but others may find it uncomfortable. The guest house is situated about a 15-20 minute walk to Patong Beach, which I liked as it's peaceful during the night, but still close enough to all the nightlife, market and shops. If you want to be in the heart of things this is probably not the place for you. Also, it backs right onto a very noisy construction site, so if you are a daytime sleeper not so good, but again, if you want night time peace and plan to be out in the day then no problem. Overall would recommend as excellent value for what was paid.