All hotels in Berlin, Germany
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereJohannisstr. 11, Berlin, BE, 10117, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Lage Top, Hotel nett, eher jugendlich."
Zimmer sind nett und groß, nicht unbedingt super-sauber. Die Flure und Zimmer sind relativ hellhörig. Man hört Schritte und die Duschen aus den Nachbarzimmern. Am Wochenende ist natürlich bis lang in die Nacht etwas los....
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Heart of Gold Hostel

"Central and clean. Very nice Staff"
04/24/15 Sara B London, United Kingdom
I was at heart of gold for 5 days with my 3 friends. Downstairs in the lobby there were always interesting people. The backyard is lovely, I only wish it had been warmer. The rooms are very quiet and nice.
"Perfect Location!"
04/21/15 Syamim A Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights. It's located very strategically, u can easily reach Friedrichstrasse and the Orienburgerstrasse. Everything is on walking distance. They also have a very cool bar at the reception with pool table haha. Theres alot restaurants nearby, i love a particular indian restaurant nearby but i forgot the name of the restaurant.
"Centrally located, Clean, No fuss Hostel"
04/20/15 James B Brighton, United Kingdom
The room I stayed in was basic, clean and fantastic value. Very central location on a quite street off friedrich strassse. Staff spoke good English and answered the questions I had. No Wifi in rooms although you can get on it in bar area. Some of the other guests were a bit noisy which made getting to bed early for flight back tricky. Breakfast is a bargain €4 although selection is limited.Communal toilets reasonably clean. No complaints given the price. Orangienburger strasse nearby appears to be a bit of a hangout for prostitutes late at night although I didn't feel threatened or unsafe.
"Good places to stay - Good location, very hostel experience, good for traveling alone - No big complaints"
04/05/15 cathysully16
Very good location.The hostel is located on a quiet side street but walk to the end of the road and you are on a main street. One street over there are tons of restaurants. Located right near metro stop. The sheets had some stains, I think just old stains from the coils of the mattress based on where they were located (not because of lack of being washed), but besides that it was clean. I liked that I saw the bathroom being cleaned a few times. Staff was very nice and fun but could have been more knowledgeable about places to eat for dinner that were local German places around the hostel or in general in the city (I feel like this is basic information that hostel staff should know). When I asked them for places to eat they just pointed out a street which is just one street over that has many places. I used trip advisor phone app to find good places near us, and there were many good German restaurants right around the hostel (5-10 min walks). They were helpful with directions. Was told about a good free walking tour which pick you up right from the hostel and then the group meets up with an even bigger group. I liked that the towel was included in the price. The main floor of the hostel has a large bar which is great for just hanging out at and then meeting other people. This makes it a good hostel for traveling if you are alone. (I was with just me and one friend so we were able to meet others). I stayed in a four mixed bedroom with shared bathroom. There were a bunch of bathrooms on the floor, only had one time that I had to wait for the shower and I only waited 5 minutes max. I know some people complain about the wifi. I guess the wifi doesn't work on all floors but it worked in my room, I think because I was the first floor. I think that they do this so that you hang out in the main lobby but the bar to meet people. Could be a little loud in the morning but I think that is expected from any hostel. Summary: stay here.
"Calm, nice atmosphere and clean"
03/30/15 Mathieu P Brussels, Belgium
The hostel is in a very calm street, but in an area full of bars,... the common room is itself quite nice and stays open very late. The rooms are clean and not too noisy. The staff is friendly, although a bit slow (especially for check in). The breakfast is ok, it costs 4€ (all you can eat). I recommend! Free Wifi, good quality.
"No complaints! Great stay!"
03/26/15 MeganAitken Sneek, The Netherlands
Everything was clean and well maintained. Location is very close to city center. Staff was helpful even when it was really busy. Their 6-bed dorms are very spacious, plenty of toilet facilities, etc. Common room wifi was pretty good. I recommend it to anyone going to Berlin, and I would definitely stay there again.
"Very nice"
03/25/15 Jacob G
It was a very nice stay, that was easy to book, and easy to prolong when I had to stay a littler longer. The people were nice, and the Internet on the PCs at the bar was free. I would stay there again.
"Really close to everything"
03/23/15 swica Katowice, Polska
Great place to stay, in the city center close to Alexanderplatz and Reichstag building, with helpful staff, comfortable beds, clean showers. If you are coming to Berling by car, you can easily leave your car in the parking near hostel.
"Heart of gold hostel, Berlin"
03/23/15 340iva Poznan, Poland
Location is very good, close to pretty much everything, so you can mostly walk and save the money for the bahn. Rooms are so clean and everythings seems like it's new. Staff is very friendly and always ready to help. Breakfast is reeally good and I love the pub too, it's nice to hang out there in the evening. Loved this hostel, and will be back for sure!
"Good value for money"
03/19/15 LJ87
For approx €10pppn, we can't complain about this place. Beds were comfy, hostel was clean, showers were hot, plenty of facilities and a tea/coffee set up for you to help yourself after a long day of sightseeing in Berlin. Wifi was temperamental, room was boiling hot and not the hostel's fault but we had the loudest snorer going! grrr! 2 min walk to the tram and near lots of bars, cafés and restaurants. Well worth the €10pppn.