All hotels in Berlin, Germany
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereJohannisstr. 11, Berlin, BE, 10117, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

very friendly fun hostel to stay... perfect for young people
Other trip Oct 30, 2013

"some room card is not good"
i never forget the reception guy. He's really nice !
2 night trip May 18, 2015
HYUNGJUNE

"Backpacker"
Perfekt für Alleinreisende
1 night trip May 6, 2015
DE
"Lage Top, Hotel nett, eher jugendlich."
Zimmer sind nett und groß, nicht unbedingt super-sauber. Die Flure und Zimmer sind relativ hellhörig. Man hört Schritte und die Duschen aus den Nachbarzimmern. Am Wochenende ist natürlich bis lang in die Nacht etwas los....
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
DE
1 night trip with friends May 4, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Heart of Gold Hostel

"Interesting Hostel"
05/26/15 rachellllllynn San Diego, California
It's an alright hostel, the megadorms may not be what everyone likes but it's not the worst thing. Showers are okay, not a lot of privacy unlike other hostels I've stayed in. The common area/reception/bar/whatever is the only place wifi is, and it often goes out/is very slow. Breakfast, although not free, was still a good deal and offered enough to get energy for the day. There's a small kitchen area in the dorms though, which is nice. Staff wasn't the friendliest, made me feel like the questions I asked were stupid so I tended not to go to them for help.
"Comfortable and clean hostel"
05/26/15 AMD191 Edinburgh
We stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 3 nights. The location is alright, about a half hour walk to the main sights and there's an s-bahn station about 10 minutes away.The hostel had a nice look to it, drinks at the bar were pretty cheap. Our room was located through a separate entrance close to the hostel so it was nice and quiet, the rooms were spacious and looked fairly new, beds were comfy enough and there were plenty of clean bathrooms close by. There is also a nice fully fitted kitchen and supermarkets nearby. The only issues were the slightly iffy wifi and the steep €5 charge for a misplaced card key.
"No real atmosphere"
05/21/15 Luca D
Ok first of all we only stayed here bc everything else was overbooked ore way to expencive. We endet up in a 40 person dorm (for around 13€ per person) whitch was way to much. The dorm itself was really OK and clean but the staff is just rude and doesn't show andy intrest in helping you anyway (kind of worst staff I've every had and I travel a lot) Also the dorms widows were thowards the yard and there were people outside screaming and talking until midnight ( I'm a very good sleeper but this made it no place to fall asleep) There is a sign outside to be quiet after 22:00. But the staff didn't seam to bother about keeping the order. Also the WIFI was really bad (you could say useless) and so we had to go to a computer to plane our next stay and we had to pay for it (never had to do that bevore in way cheaper hostels) All in all. For such a bad service you could expext the rooms to be a lot cheaper. Only stay here if nothing else is available.
"If you value your sleep, think twice."
05/17/15 Maureen B
Great clean facilities and the price is good. However, you'll stay in a "megadorm" which isn't ideal...people in and out all hours of the night, being loud and inconsiderate. The reception attendants also serve as bartenders, so be prepared to wait until they have a break from tending bar to check you in. The WiFi is also spotty and works best in the lobby and kitchen area. Breakfast is 4Euro if you want it. They also charge a 5 Euro deposit and will return it to you if you bring your bedsheets and key card back to reception.
"Great place!"
05/15/15 Peter G London, United Kingdom
I stayed there last week an I loved it, very good price, great location, very clean, lots of toilets, friendly staff and also safe, but the best of all is that they have a bar in the reception, I will defenetly go back there!
"Nice stay..."
05/14/15 chrisPL89 New York City, New York
I stayed here for a total of 5 nights while in Berlin. I will start - for the price during the week, it can't be beat. 9.50 euro while in Mitte, a nice central location where you can walk to all the touristy things, is amazing. However, it is very weird how price fluctuates. I understand costs going up over the weekend, but if demand for a larger dorm room is high, you'll pay more for a 8 bed room than a 4 bed. Therefore, I paid almost twice as much. Breakfast is overpriced for what it is...you can go to the store though and buy all the things for much cheaper and just have the free coffee and tea. Staff is a nice international group, but sometimes they take their time to acknowledge you unless you're drunk and waiving money at them for more beer. Also they weirdly couldn't recommend some places to eat or even give opinions about the pizza place next door (yummy and cheap btw). Bathrooms were clean and functional but some showers require you to press a button every 15 seconds. Kinda annoying. Rooms were also clean and nice. In general, I also felt like I was in a giant hotel of college students. Kinda impersonal and hard to integrate if you're traveling solo. They offer computers for free use which is nice. Seriously, I liked it for the price and convenience, but if you're not into party hostels, this may not be the place for you. Overall I would go again though since I have friends I could hang out with and do things with and wouldn't need the hostel. Ps. To their credit, they were helpful when the sbahn train was on strike and the Israeli president was in town.
"Great location, great price, great beer"
05/13/15 Gordon H London, United Kingdom
We loved our stay here, the hostel is really close to some really great sights, 2 stops from Alexanderplatz, really close to the river. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the common area was large and had a great buzz. Probably the best bathroom in a hostel that I've ever seen. Really clean, lots of space and lots of cool people in the rooms. Definitely recommend. Shame the breakfast was an extra €4, but the beer is very cheap!
"Central and clean. Very nice Staff"
04/24/15 Sara B London, United Kingdom
I was at heart of gold for 5 days with my 3 friends. Downstairs in the lobby there were always interesting people. The backyard is lovely, I only wish it had been warmer. The rooms are very quiet and nice.
"Perfect Location!"
04/21/15 Syamim A Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights. It's located very strategically, u can easily reach Friedrichstrasse and the Orienburgerstrasse. Everything is on walking distance. They also have a very cool bar at the reception with pool table haha. Theres alot restaurants nearby, i love a particular indian restaurant nearby but i forgot the name of the restaurant.
"Centrally located, Clean, No fuss Hostel"
04/20/15 James B Brighton, United Kingdom
The room I stayed in was basic, clean and fantastic value. Very central location on a quite street off friedrich strassse. Staff spoke good English and answered the questions I had. No Wifi in rooms although you can get on it in bar area. Some of the other guests were a bit noisy which made getting to bed early for flight back tricky. Breakfast is a bargain €4 although selection is limited.Communal toilets reasonably clean. No complaints given the price. Orangienburger strasse nearby appears to be a bit of a hangout for prostitutes late at night although I didn't feel threatened or unsafe.