All hotels in Midway, Utah, United States of America
700 North Homestead Drive, Midway, UT, 84049, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Never again!"
Hotel staff were the rudest people I have ever encountered in this type of business. Tons of stuff broken in the room,no towels at the pool, our room key had to be reprogrammed every night and not the cleanest.. I will be staying at Zermatt next time and I will encourage my friends and family to do the same!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
not impressed
"Great resort!"
Swimming, good food and scenic beauty. A great get away!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Charlotte
"Needs Renovation"
This place is run down and is getting pretty dumpy. The owners need to put some money into it. The location is beautiful. The Zermott is a little nicer.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Cute place, needs some serious help."
Love the location, but the food is poor and the rooms are old and not that clean. There was quite a bit of mold in our shower.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Other than the fact that you had to pay for everything on top of the price of the room. Pay for water any extras the lack of knowledge of the staff and the rude people at the front desk our stay turned out ok. Will not come back.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Pamela Cavagnolo
"Great romantic getaway"
A very fun place to stay. Midway is beautiful where ever you stay, but the Homestead had the perfect balance of beauty, charm and affordability. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2014
great. Had a great time
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
We had a great time; everything was perfect.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
BNC
"Vintage Resort in a Beautiful setting"
When Salt Lake hotels were all but sold out (only rooms for $300 night available) we started searching in a 30-40 minute radius for a hotel. The Homestead was one of the few that came up and we jumped on it as we were desperate for a room. What a pleasant surprise when we arrived at the resort! The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. Check in took a bit as Expedia had not contacted the hotel with our reservation yet, so we had to wait about 30 minutes. Our room was a Cottage King suite, which had a separate living room from the bedroom. The sitting area had a couch, desk with chair, mini fridge, coffee maker, sink, TV and fireplace. The furniture is dated, but still in good shape. The buildings are aged, but pretty well maintained. The bathroom is where the age really showed, but it was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linen were newer. We did not use the pool, but it looked very inviting. My husband did use the driving range and inquired about a tee time, but the course was full. It looked to be in good shape and the rates were very reasonable. The resort also has a really cool hot springs cavern you can swim, snorkel or scuba in for a fee. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good and reasonably priced. All in all we were very happy with our stay at the Homestead and would stay again if we were in the area.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
MIchelle
"Wonderful Venue!!"
We attended a wedding at this hotel, and totally enjoyed the entire event, as well as the beautiful cabin we stayed in. This is the most beautiful hotel, and is very inviting and welcoming. Loved the atmosphere and the staff.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Myrleen
"Beautiful view"
Loved it
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Great place to stay. Area is beautiful! Very hospitable and comfortable setting. I would gladly stay here again!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Not impressed"
I was looking forward to a great peaceful getaway at this resort...instead, I was told I was going to stay at the "barn." Sure enough, the outside looks like a barn, it was dingy, older, brown, but we went in...the room was the same as the outside. Dingy, musty, the fan was too loud and would not shut off all night. The staff was UNFRIENDLY. I won't ever go back.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Monika
"Fun Family Vacation"
We had a great time and there were plenty of activities to do at the hotel. Very close to town and Park City. It was nice to be able to go to the Zermatt Resort as well. The only thing that bothered us was the air conditioning unit was in the living room of our cottage, and the bedroom was warm. To get the bedroom to a cool temperature the living area had to be freezing.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Becky
The Homestead is a great Hotel. My family and I enjoyed our stay and will be returning on our next visit.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Beautiful location"
Still a beautiful location and grounds but..... as other posters have mentioned, father time has caught up with this hotel. The price is too high for the quality of the product. Everything is aged and needs some maintenance. As mentioned, bring your own towel, because it is very hit and miss whether there will be one there. The outdoor pool ended up closing early for some reason and the outside hot tubs were luke warm at best. Not to mention the Jets were not working on those two tubs. The outdoor concert on Sat. night was awesome and the grounds are beautiful. But the night’s stay on a rock hard bed was not the best. Fanny's Grill is very overpriced for the quality of the food. Unfortunately the best days of this hotel may be behind them without these issues being addressed.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
Hillforce
"Fun but Pricey"
Fun place to stay, but definitely overpriced for what you get.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Quaint and Quite"
A quick over night get away at a reasonable cost. The front desk staff have zero experience at hospitality. Zero greeting, didn't talk about property or things to do, ect. Felt as if we were checking into a low end motel. The phones in the room didn't work, the DVD kept our video, the air conditioning was lacking coldness. The restaurant on-site had a one-star for staff. Food was good (after we sent back the prime rib for being overcooked). there is nothing to do past 10:00. I would not stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Great Rooms. Awful Customer Service."
My title says it all. The location and rooms are wonderful but the staff was absolutely awful. They were weird, quirky and very unproffesonal. Especially the front desk supervisor. Very disorganized and wouldn't tell us what was going on (lost our reservation).
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
D Jordan
Zermatt was one of the best hotels I have ever been to!! Would recommend to all my friends!!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
jason
The stay was ok. We were disappointed they no longer serve their breakfast buffet, and sent us to Zermotts across the street. The buffet was expensive and not good at all! The hotel itself feels run down. We won't be back
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
C.
"Good experience"
Clean room, great area.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
JT
"Uniquely beautiful and peaceful"
The Homestead is always a wonderful place to stay. It is beautifully landscaped, the rooms and buildings are charming, and the service is excellent. It is not just one more cookie-cutter ski resort property, but a unique place that feels personal and has no equal in Heber Valley.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
GRB2
"A plus vacation"
I always love going to The Homestead. Its quaint, quiet and relaxing. I recommend it highly
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
The resort upgraded our room and it was lovely.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Need serious remodeling!!"
The bed was hard as a brick! The Air Conditioning above us ran all night and kept us from sleeping! In need of serious remodeling!!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Customer Service it TERRIBLE!!"
Customer service was absolutely terrible. When we asked the front desk where the campfire was located we were told that they didn't know, but they could give us a map and we could figure it out. Housekeeping never came to our room during our stay. We would call the front desk to let them know and not once did we get an apology. We had to track someone down and ask them to take us to get some towels while we were with them in order to get any. On Sunday, we went across the street to the Zermatt for the Sunday brunch. Since this is a more expensive hotel, we expected better service. Once again we were disappointed. We had to chase down our waitress to get our check and then we had to chase down another waitress to try and pay the bill. We did the carousel at the Zermatt and the employee that helped with that was very friendly. We also decided to play a round of mini golf and when we went to the front desk the employee rolled her eyes at us when we asked to pay for golf. We also did a swim at the crater. Before you swim you have to check in at the activity center and sign some waivers. The girl in the activity center was more worried about texting on her cell phone than helping us. We asked if they had any soccer balls for us to rent at the activity center and the girl told us she might have some in the back without looking up from her phone and without getting up to actually check for us.There is more, but I am limited to 1500 characters.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Quaint & quiet with a hint of western hospitality."
I was absolutely astonished at how beautiful the location was. Great amenities, great food. Entertainment for the whole family. Sparky and Annie were great.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Decent, within range"
One of two hotels within a decent distance of the event where we were participating.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
danielle
"Fun place to visit"
Liked the atmosphere. Fun historical vacation spot.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Hotel is old and run down. The rooms had mold."
I spent over three hours trying to take care of a faulty room lock. They were aware of this since someone else had also dealt with it and instead of fixing it they stuck me in the room too. The maintenance staff was very nice in trying to help me solve the problem. I was not the only person who came in with issues pertaining to their door lock. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people with issues during my three hour stay in the lobby. They promised to have it fixed by the time I came back from my conference and I left with little hope. No surprise they hadn't even attempted to fix it and I got to spend another evening with the lobby people. They did buy me dinner and I appreciated that. I feel that had I made a bigger fuss they would have done more to solve it or make it feel better. I watched other people come in and throw fits and the staff jumped to help. I tend to be a believer in staying calm and kind but I think it hurt me in this situation. I will most likely attempt to stay here again for next years conference. I will keep my fingers crossed!
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Are we at the right place?"
Such a delightful surprise. So relaxing and family oriented as well as a great golf getaway. Definitely want to return for a long weekend.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Mary Fez
"Great placr"
I loved the resort. We stayed in The Barn and loved the room.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
"Needs some improvements"
We enjoyed the location. What a beautiful time of year to be in Midway, UT. However, the room was very old, not very clean. They could use some major updating. Also, there were weird plumbing noises happening all of the time. Very loud noises coming from the walls, etc. The rooms were dark and not very clean. It felt more like camping than an actual hotel resort experience.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Kasey
This place sucked
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Very pleasant!
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Nice One Night Getaway"
We really enjoyed the setting of the hotel. The grounds were fun to stroll around. Our room was dark. Dark walls and mix-matched furniture. Pretty dated but it was fine for a night. We enjoyed the food in Fanny's Grill and our server was AWESOME!! Thanks Heather!! :O)
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Great Retreat"
Quiet Mountain environment for a great night get away
1 night trip May 20, 2014
Reed
"Exceptional"
My stay with kids at the Homestead Resort was exceptional. The beauty of the surrounding mountains made me sing "the hills are alive with the sound of music". I was very surprised by the privacy and space provided by the cottages; mine had a vaulted ceiling which made quite the impression on me. I loved the grounds and antiquity of some of the buildings. Great complex. Nice pool too. My only suggestion to management is to have enough extra towels for guests when they ask; my son was told they were 'all out'. Also, the Crater Swim, on property, should accept payment on site. I got all the way ready to swim only to be told I had to go back to another building to pay.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Timothy
"Beautiful, Relaxing Atmosphere"
We've stayed at the Homestead approximately 10 times during the past 2 years and have totally enjoyed each stay. The grounds are neatly cared for and the quaint cottages make us feel right at home. We love it here and plan to visit at least twice, again, during the summer months.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Jill
"Not as nice as you think!"
I have lived in UTAH all my life and have always heard how great and luxurious The Homestead was. Was very disappointing. Besides the inside where the registration was, the hotel was extremely outdated. It looks like it hasn't had an overhaul in 20 years. I had reserved a 1 King Bed in the Garden Area and got 2 queens in the "Barn" next to what I think was a pond? The room had no microwave or refrigerator and looked like a Motel room besides the highway. Not what I expected at all. To swim in the crater the cost was $35.00 and you could only stay in there for 45 minutes and were required to wear a life jacket. We opted to skip this. That little detail was neglected to be mentioned. Was not worth the cost we spent on this room. Next time we stay in Midway we will stay at the better looking nicer sister Hotel the Zermott.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Tressa
"Weekend Scuba Trip"
The hotel has recently remodeled their rooms but was able to keep the nostalgic look from the outside. The grounds are spectacular with large old trees and maintained flower gardens and grass. The Crater was easy to schedule time in and we played in the activity center (pool and ping pong) in the afternoons. While there are other new hotels in the area, we loved staying at the classic homestead resort
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"Great pool"
Indifferent staff. Warm pool,beautiful grounds. Great restaurant. Toilet was broken, doors falling off tv cabinet. Is go back for the pool.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
cathy
"Disappointing Hotel Rooms"
For the amount i paid ($106), I was so disappointed in the room. I got a garden room (which is the cheapest) but it was terribly out dated and the bathroom floor was filthy. The white tile was supposed to have white grout but it was so dirty that the grout looked black. The door knob to the bathroom was so sticky that i didn't touch it with my hands. The bath was cramped. The walls and ceiling were red so you couldn't tell if they were clean. The room itself smelled. The room was very small. The only nice was the TV and the bed. I will never stay there again. I've stayed at cleaner and bigger rooms for much less in Vegas of all places.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
UtahRed
"Great for a quiet weekend"
We stayed at the resort for easter and to swim in the crater. The room was a bit small and the coffee pot was in the bathroom, which I thought was weird. There were also coffee stains on the bathroom floor, which made me thing they weren't clean. However, the resort grounds were beautiful and quiet, and the restaraunt was great. The crater was interesting, but there were way too many people learning to dive at the same time we were there, which was a bit annoying. I think they should have seperate times for "floaters" and divers. Overall we had a good time and will probably return.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
This met our needs just fine. It was clean and the service was friendly. The buildings need to be updated badly. We were surprised at how different the buildings actually looked compared to the picture on the website. The outdoor pool was closed because it was winter but it didn't look like it was functioning anyway. The indoor pool was open but looked rather dated. Overall the stay was fine. It's in a rural area but we wanted something that was "away." We visited the Homestead Crater and it was a nice swim.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2014
"anniversary weekend"
We really enjoy the resort atmosphere and the quiet setting. Beautiful area with plenty to do.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Very nice for family"
Very enjoyable. My children love it. We like the pool and the hotel area. The room are big and clean.m
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
EG
"Nice hotel and close to a lot to do."
We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel staff was all very kind and courteous. The only drawback we had with our stay is the bed was hard as a rock. But to their defense my wife and I have a pillow top mattress with a 4 inch memory foam pad on top of that. So about any bed would be hard to us.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014