All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Room is not nice
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"review of hotel"
we stayed with this hotel for three nights. everyday we had to request something. mostley towels each day. the bathtub was never cleaned for our stay. it always looked like someone started on our room, got distracted and never came back to finish. one day beds not made. very disappointing. staff at front desk very very nice. location good. easy to find.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Hotel Room Details"
Clean and comfortable with a number of minor inconveniences: Refrigerators not working. Evening clerk not helpful. Morning staff fixed one of two. Towel rack detached. Morning staff fixed. Bathroom door heavy and would not stay open. No counter space in bathroom. Radio too complicated to use.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Mary S.
Nice hotel! I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"dirty, broken shower, not ottawa, say no!"
The pool was filthy, the hot tub does not work, the shower head is a joke, water Doesn't drain in tub, towels are sparse, bed cover smelt awful, free breakfast over at 930am, staff was friendly but still very uncomfortable beds and 20 minutes from downtown ottawa, plus the manager Said the police use the hotel to train their dog from during the night.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
The Hotel is very nice. I did not get down for the free breakfast.
4 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"kind of up in the air"
the cashier at the front desk was pretty rude towards the end of our stay but everything else was okay
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Valentina
Room was small. Bathroom floor not clean. TV did not work and it took 2 calls to the front desk before someone came to fix. Heater in room did not work properly, had to crank it up high to get heat. Hot water not properly regulated and it could scald a child. Water pressure low for morning shower. "Breakfast" was particularly bland with old looking apples as only fruit. No protein like eggs or bacon. Watery juices. Coffee was horrendous - made in a large electric perk like your mom probably threw out years ago - you know the kind which burned the coffee around the submerged heating element and makes the coffee have off taste and bitter. When I complained I was told "it's a dark roast blend". Please, its rot gut! Night clerk was unable to suggest any good restaurants in area. She merely said go down this road and you will find a number of places to eat.
1 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
The room was very nice .. I only wished there was a blanket on the bed also because we like to sleep with the air conditoner on and it was cold with just the thin bedspread..Also it would of been niice to have a table with the 2 chair so we could eat in our room...
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Loretta
"You get what you expect and that's all you need"
I have nothing remarkable to say about this hotel other than you get no surprises here, good or bad, and most times that's exactly what you want. I would suggest to the owner that they need to keep their wifi service top notch, as it was spotty at first during my visit. A reliable wifi service is what travelers expect nowadays even from the most humble lodge.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Antonio
This hotel is in a great location if you have business or pleasure in the Orleans area or to the east of Ottawa. Great dining and shopping within blocks of the hotel. Only downside I had was slow internet service during peak times like 7:00 to 9:00 at night when most people were at the hotel. Later or before that, the internet was fine.
4 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
"Road Trip"
I stayed at the Hotel for 5 days and the staff and
5 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
"not worth staying in proximity to family"
This hotel is closest to family. Stayed there one night to be closer while visiting. These were my issues: Check-in: clerk was smoking with friends before and immediately following giving us our keys. No mention of any services (pool, ice etc). I had neck surgery and there was no offer to help unload even though I was alone with 2 children. - Video machine didn't work. I tried to fix then hotel after finally changing machines a hour later. - beds only had comforter and sheet so after removing the comforter that is on the bed for all guests it was freezing. - went to the pool and kids went swimming. Had to get them out to go find towels. They keep them begin front desk. Clerk saw us pass him in swim suits and didn't think to give us towels?? There was no sign either. There was also no shower to rinse off afterwards. - got back up to room. The hair dryer didn't work. Didn't have time to bother trying to get a replacement - took us 15-20 mins to checkout. I stood waiting and then decided to load the car and come back. Clerk was more interested in trying to fix a booking problem. Finally a supervisor/manager came out and after a min said please check out this wowan first. He nor the other clerk asked me how my visit was. The only time I've ever stayed in a hotel and haven't been asked. I didn't bother waste any more time as they clearly don't care. We stayed in 5 hotels during our vacation; 2 less and 2 more expensive. This hotel was the worst by far
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
Dissapointed
It was a short stay. We had all we need at our convenience.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
It was close to where we needed to be. Room was good. We had trouble getting on the wifi in the room at first but the front desk was able to help and no problems after that. I am a diabetic and there was not any artificial sweetner available in the breakfast area for coffee or tea. Only 2 were available in the room
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2013

"Top Notch Staff and facilities"
Staff at this hotel were top notch. Over the course of my stay I interacted with 3 separate front desk people and they were all very helpful, professional and quick. The room here was great - there are great restaurants just down the road, a cinema and a good sized mall if you like shopping. Also access on and off the main highway is quick and seamless. Only problem I had was that the wifi kept dropping off ...
Response by Quality Inn Orleans
Dear Joseph P, thank you very much for your comments and we would like to let you know that we have taken note of them and will work on updating the wifi services. Meanwhile we will buy few internet cables for those whom would like a more stable connection and work with a laptop. Warm regards Alain Richard General manager
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Joseph P
"Ok to sleep"
Nothing special just a regular hotel close to mall
Response by Quality Inn Orleans
Dear Mario, Thank you very much for your comments as they are of the utmost importance to help us improve. We are a looking to give our property a boost on training and services so on your next visit hopefully you will be amazed! Warm regards Alain Richard
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
Mario
Was ok.In a good area. clean....but nothing special.
Response by Quality Inn Orleans
Dear Kim, Thanks a million for your comments. Hopefully we will have to pleasure to serve you again very soon. Warmest regards Alain Richard General Manager
1 night business trip Nov 26, 2015
Our stay was great. Great location cost to everything we needed. The only complaint was the shower head. There was no pressure at all.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Quick business stay"
This was a short stay while on a business trip and for the price it was good. Outdated and tile/wall stains in bathroom but bed was fairly comfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2015
"Simple things..."
...are clearly outside the scope of this hotel. I will say the beds were comfortable, but that doesn't make up for large and obvious marks on half of the walls, a weak breakfast, cleaning and maintenance being neglected and NOT CLOSING THE DOOR after housekeeping rolls through. QI Orleans has a fairly decent location, but quite a ways to go to meet standards.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Glen
Very good
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Dean
Only two complaints, Duvet was on one side of the duvet cover which was a pain to fix. The elevator was out of service, which is no ones fault, but signs could have been provided on all levels as well as assistance to bring luggage down... Besides that, the hotel was beautiful, friendly staff, great location (Tim Hortons a block away) and right off the highway but not noisy.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Not Provided
No hot water first morning. Hockey party in hallways the first night. room key only worked for two days and had to be reprogramed. All and all not a great experience.
6 night romance trip Nov 12, 2015
Not Provided
Generally satisfied with room, but shower had not been cleaned. There were empty bottles in shower and none were provided for us. Not happy with condition of bathroom.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
"Not as clean as it used to be!"
I have stayed there two times before, no issues. However, this visit did NOT meet my expectations. There was garbage left in bins from previous guest, as well as recycle bin. When I went to have a shower, pulled back the shower curtain and there was a dirty towel hanging over the shower rack--not impressed. Never had that happen in any hotel before. The floor in the bathroom looked dirty and the shower had the orange slime around it, which means it has not been cleaned regularly. This only happens when you do not clean every day. Breakfast was not as good as previously, no eggs. I mentioned to reception when I was leaving and he said, yes, they have had other complaints...sorry, we are training new staff. He should not have said they have had other complaints...red flag!!
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Laurie
"Pool slippery and COLD; Hot tub dead"
This was our second stay at this hotel - we went back specifically for a 4 day family get away. Wanted to use the pool and hot tub, but the hot tub was broken. We were promised it was an easy fix, and would be good by the next day - but it was never fixed. The pool was so cold our 3 yr old granddaughter's lips turned blue - even the adults didn't want to stay in the water. They warmed it up a bit for our second day, but by the third day it was too cold again to be comfortable. In addition, the pool liner they use was so slippery that my wife slipped and fell into the pool trying to go down the stairs into the pool even though (as she is recovering from a hip replacement) she was holding tight to the hand rail with both hands. Severley brusied her calf. We told the desk clerk and he insisted there was plenty of friction strips in place - apparently not as our granddaughter had also slipped getting in that same day. Even though this is a nice place - clean, etc., - we won't stay again.
3 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great value for the money."
Love the hotel, for the price of the room it had exceeded my expectations. The only problem I've had is that there was a construction crew in the area and part of the street was barricaded. I'm sure that once the road work is completed the guest will find the hotel is a great place to stay in.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Lynnie
"Hotel need of a reno"
Hotel in serious need of a face lift.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
"nice hotel easy access from highway"
room was clean and staff was friendly but in the lobby there was a dog dish with dog food spilled on a chair owner left everything there.i don't really appreciate pets in hotel rooms
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
gerry
Wonderful friendly staff.Very accommodating to requests.
2 night trip Sep 2, 2015
Carole
"Ottawa area."
Overnite. Room was good, but breaky area not the cleanest. Limited food selection.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
"Decent but could use more staff."
The hotel seems fairly new but the bathroom floor need a really good scrubbing, very limited TV's in the room. Hot tub closed. Breakfast options very limited and out of supplies on a Monday morning. Garbage in Hallways there all weekend. Bedding was too heavy for summertime.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Helena
"Close to the highway"
I've booked 3 rooms and 2 out of three had something wrong with it. One was the showerhead fell apart and the other one the bathroom mirror was going to come off the wall (screw came off the wall). This happened around 9 p.m. and I was told that no one was going to look at it until 11 and that we should bring down the mirror ourselves, instead of giving me the option right away to move into another room. I had to suggest it to them. I was told I was getting an upgrade. The only upgrade I can think of was that we moved to the fourth floor. I should mention that the hairdryer in the room did not work. I know it's continental breakfast but they ran out of breakfast items as well.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Maria
"Close to water park and Ottawa"
Room was good, it looks new from the outside, but a bit dated inside. Everything was clean,service was good. breakfast was also good. I would stay here again, its close to Ottawa and Calypso Water park.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
Gord
"Definite NO"
This hotel was disgusting. Black mould on the bathtub, holes and dirt all over the walls/doors, floors cracked and coming up, pool Was filthy, scum around the top of the pool wall, piles of dirt built up on the bottom of the pool, hot tub was out of order, floors were full of dirt.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Kara
"hotel in need of facelift"
old and tired looking hotel it also need new towels as the ones we had were not good enough for a rag bag
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"won't mind to book it again"
Nice hotel, nice price. I like it
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
jad
"hotel in desparate need of face lift"
we were given a room with dirty bathro with very old towels.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Miserable. I left after the first night.
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Quality Inn stay"
Nice experience
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Oluwatoyin
Great, but carpets should be cleaned or replaced with laminated floor, otherwise very clean and good service.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Claudette
Very noisy ,the pool was cold as ice ,the hot tub was out of order . Will not go there again not recommended
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"fun getaway"
The hotel was nice and clean, staff was friendly and the room was very big but the beds were supposed to be queen and i'm pretty sure they were only doubles and when I mentioned it they said that they were queens and that i must be wrong. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast but it did have a waffle maker, :)
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Roxane
"Clean but pool very cold and hot tub not working"
Would not have stayed there if I had known the hot tub was not working and the pool was freezing as it made it not pleasant for small kids. Room and hotel were clean.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
cathy
"Great free parking!"
I had a utility trailer with me. The staff had no problem with me leaving it at the hotel while we went about our business in Ottawa. Room was ok and clean. Bed was a bit soft for my liking but ok.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Norm & Daisy
It was clean, just the breakfast area no personal to help us
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Eme
Room was clean (very important) Not impressed the way breakfast is served (food is handled with bare hands)
4 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Fred
"great stay"
two day stay. supportive and attentive front desk staff. felt safe to park overnight.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2015
"Decent place to stay, decent value."
No surprises. wifi was a very useful feature in finding my way around town. Breakfast was decent enough. I'd stay there again in the future. Thank you,
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
The pool was cold and the hot tub was closed, which was disappointing. We chose the Quality Inn as it had a pool.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015