All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
106-110 Queensway, Westminster, London, England, W2 3SY, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Charged me twice"
Stay was fine I booked thru hotels.com like always but to my surprise the when I arrived the hotel asked me to pay, so I did but they fail to inform me that the hotel has but a full day charge block on my credit card , this was not cool I have already paid them for a night I hope they release my acct I will check with my bank or else they have charged me twice and I will have to dispute with my bank and hotels.com
1 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
syed fardeen
"It is what it is- I got what I expected"
I had read previous reviews so was prepared and not surprised. It is a cheap hotel and the room was small and spartan. I paid the additional for a double bed even though I was travelling alone. I got what I expected a definite no thrills place but the bed was comfortable, the sheets clean and the bathroom, though not large, was clean and the shower hot. I was OK with what I got. The staff was friendly, the location is GREAT, and the Bella Italia restaurant next door was worth the stay. Convenient to 2 Tube stations (Baystreet - the closest <100m and Queensway). I walked easily to the British Museum of Natural History. For a cheap place to sleep it is OK would not book this with a family. My room did face the street which was noisy till about 11:30PM but it did not bother me. No lift but it did look like they were adding one.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
A lone travelle
You need to offer a choice of floor. Climbing 4 flights of stairs is a hassle for older people.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"The disappointing Royal Hyde Park hotel"
The hotel staff is the only good thing about the Royal. It is located in the middle of two hotels, but since it is so small you don't see it, the name of the hotel is also unnoticed.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Excellent location! In front of the tube. Close to a lot of restaurants.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Andrea
"Royal????"
There was nothing royal about this hotel. No elevator was the biggest problem, carrying luggage up 2 flights of stairs was difficult. I don't know what I would have done if my room was on an upper floor.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Pat
My first impression was what the heck is this hotel. A doorway and flight of steps. Another flight of steps to our tiny room. Room was clean and sparce. No wash cloths, glass for taking medicine or little space for luggage. Hotel info needs to state that it can not handle handicap people.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Clean, but tiny!"
I am used to tiny rooms in London, but this was very small. I was by myself with a double bed, but don't know how 2 people would fit in the room. I barely had room to set my suitcase down. Bathrooms were new and updated, but very very small. It was clean, I am only 5'2", and it did have air conditioning during a hot summer stay. I personally would rather have the air conditioning than more space. You are also on a very busy street, but I travel with earplugs.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Don't stay here."
The room was dirty and very small. No elevator to help with the luggage. I would recommend that nobody ever stay here again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Not a home away from home"
Very boring and unfulfilled
4 night trip May 10, 2014
Idris Ahmadu
"you get what you pay for"
Small rooms with poor matresses. But this is not the Ritz, so what do you expect.
3 night business trip May 12, 2014
"Adequate lodging in a good location"
This hotel is in a good location, surrounded by interesting places to eat and shop. It's convenient to the tube. The hotel rooms are pretty awful, the decor is a cross between an asylum and a prison. The walls are paper thin so it is really noisy from both the other rooms and the street outside. The hotel standard is that of a very basic youth hostel but with private rooms and a hotel price tag! Breakfast is quite good.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Daisy
Under the bed there was rust, the hotel doesn't have the elevator and we had a room at the 4th floor , the bathroom is very small. The hotel has a good position near the tube and the bus stop.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
It was an ok hotel. Very small room but there was everything we needed. Nice and clean bathroom. There were a safetybox. Double bed with double duvet. It was very central and therefore there was noise from the street but it was ok. The staff was incredibly sweet. The breakfast was ok. Not that great but ok. There was not a luggage room but still matched the on luggage.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Never again"
I have stayed in London at least a dozen times; this was one of the worst. Seriously: only instant coffee at breakfast? Windows screwed shut but "air conditioning" that did not work? A bed with springs that poked my back all night? I could go on, but the bottom line is that I won't be back.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
JH
"Bad choice....."
As with other reviews, the room was very very small. the entrance was a stairway off the sidewalk up to the 2nd level for a reception desk. The carpet in the room was very dirty. We were provided 1 towel each, and we had to pay a refundable deposit for the air conditioner remote. While it was close to 2 Underground stops, the street itself was very ethnic. I will not recommend this property, nor would I stay here again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
The rooms are very small and noisy. The beds are a bit hard and pillows thin. The shower is very good and the bathroom is clean. The staff is not very welcoming nor happy. The location is very good! It's a safe street with a lot of tourisme, a lot of resturants and bars. A lot of stairs, no elevators.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Not a great location, noisy room."
Room was very clean, and very very noisy. I wouldn't recommend unless you are looking for a place that is just barely better than a hostel.
1 night trip May 21, 2013
A fantastic hotel - really good quality room that was comfortable and clean. Well located for central London. Remember, this is a budget hotel, so don't expect 5* luxury, but this is really good value for money.
Other trip Mar 2, 2013
Very good position inside a cute "village" like Bayswater. Good breackfast, and room very cleaned. The spaces in the rooms are good, but there aren't wardrobe or table, or something like that to put dresses and jackets ext. Anyway, good choice for the journey, the hotel is located very near all the attractions of london, 15 minutes max by tube.
Other trip Jan 20, 2013
"Good hotel than I expected"
The breakfast is not good but room is clean and cool. Especially, I could use wireless internet comfortably.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012

"Small rooms but good location"
Tiny rooms. You can hear everything from other rooms. Beds are very soft. Very small rooms. But very good location especially for halal food and hyde park. Although, you have all what you need in the room. Breakfast service is good.
7 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
mohamed
"One night getaway"
comfortable one night stay. Took a while to locate the hotel due to construction equipment covering the front. Room was clean but very small with little storage space but for one night we got what we paid for. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Lucia
"fun stay"
Overall good place to stay for me-close to underground, services, restaurants, and London sights
8 night trip May 10, 2015
"NO FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST"
NO TEA OR COFFEE IN THE ROOM NOT EVEN A GLASS FOR A DRINK OF WATER
Other trip May 19, 2015
"You get what you pay for."
Booked for an overnight, wasn't expecting a lot and wasn't disappointed!
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Great Location, clean room and helpful staff"
Overnight Stay, helpful staff. Clean room. Good shower. Room size small but big for London! Good price for great location. 30 secs walk from Bayswater tube. No tea or coffee in the room had to go to the breakfast area for that. No remote for the TV. Internet free and good signal.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Rebecca
"Nice for solo gateaway"
overall is nice and clean.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2015
SHU-TING
"Good location, clean small room"
Was quite disappointed with the unfriendliness of most of the staff including kitchen
2 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
I really liked this. Very friendly welcome. Small but very comfortable, clean room in the heart of Queensway. Expected it to be quite noisy but definitely not! Would highly recommend
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
"Disappointing"
The location of the hotel was very convenient, it was quiet and the desk staff were helpful. There were a few issues with the state of repair of the room which was clean but in need of some maintenance (see photos). I was advised to email the manager but the response I eventually received was hostile, unhelpful and stating: "Please take this as a final reply from ourselves regarding this matter as all papers have been forwarded to our legal department ." This was a disappointing end to an otherwise pleasant trip to London.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"DISGUSTING -"
NO WORDS COULD DESCRIBE THE WORSE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE IN ACCOMMODATION
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
SUE
"Bad value for money"
Would never stay in the hotel again !! Run down !! breakfast area had holes in the ceiling with paint peeling off !!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Nothing Royal about it"
Very small room. Can hardly turn around. Bathroom was also small, but was modern and clean. I heard a motor running all night, maybe from an elevator. Location is good to Hyde Park and subway. I walked to Paddington Station to catch the Heathrow Express to the airport. Very easy to do. Breakfast was also good. Not too many choices, but enough.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Good location but tiny rooms"
Would have been nice to know rooms were up stairs with no elevator. Te picture on the website does not reflect the fact that the entrance is a doorway. Room was so small there was not room for even a small table. Doors slam when closed which is not good for sleeping.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"our stay"
the staff were rude and not helpful at all. The room was very small and nowhere to put your clothes
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
dave
"Blink and you could miss the narrow entrance"
Located close to the tube station and surrounded by restaurants, this hotel was well situated but just too basic for me - more like a hostel. Family room looked out onto noisy air conditioning units, had ripped sheets, flakey paint work, a grubby carpet & grime around the shower plug hole. Street entrance was not obvious & a bit dodgy. The fact you have to pay a £10 deposit for the TV control is telling!
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Handy Location"
Parking was a pain but it is London. Plenty of places to eat and drink. shopping and Tube also very handy.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Keith
"Forget the budget tag!"
Forget the budget tag, this hotel is probably Londons' most expensive hotel per square metre, but without the charm and service. ROOM: Imagine a white washed prison cell (3x3m) and you pretty much have it - except this space was not a single/twin, but a family room. Now imagine a small double bed and double bunk (2 adults/2 kids), no furniture and about 400mm of space between beds - yes we fell over each other and our luggage constantly - not exactly relaxing. The room was clean, but given its size, not much effort required. FOOD: Breakfast OK, but no healthy options. The concierge can smile, but not much else, they have no authority to do anything except take back your key when you leave. MANAGEMENT an "invisible manager" (we never laid eyes on him) roams about London servicing other "magicstay" hotels in London. Apparently HPH is too small to have a full time manager, no arguments there. So don't bother complaining if you have a problem. SECURITY non-existent: the one and only concierge has an obstructed view of the hotel stairs and corridors, which are easily accessed from the busy street. Luckily we only booked for 2 nights, which is 2 too many in my book. There are better options for families in homestay apartments all around London, we stayed nearby for 5 days, slightly more expensive but had a full kitchen, garden, ample space, two toilets modern bathroom - these are minimum 3 days usually though. For a night or two, spend the extra, trust me your worth it.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Leo
"Not a good experience"
poor service,rude staff.impossible to find with or without satnav
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Nice Location but very unfriendly."
My family went to London for a spot of sight seeing for 5 days, staying for 4 nights. We had a family room which was small but the beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was disappointing as there was not much variety but it was the staff that was the most disappointing. They were not friendly and came across as unhelpful and rude. When you said Good Morning to them they just ignored you, no reply and not even a smile. The first morning we arrived we had sat down with our cerial and they started clearing away the milk and bread. We witnessed other guests another morning experiencing the same. One man asked for rolls for his children and was told they were finished. When he asked why there was not enough for his children to get one he was met with a shrug and she walked away.You felt you did not want to be there, you were more a nuisance than a paying guest.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
".A clean, non-smoking street hotel for a family."
Nice people anfd friendly staff, very helpful and curtious.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Unanimous
"Conveniently located, kind staff."
We enjoyed staying in London, the hotel was close to the city centre. We walked from the hotel to Notting Hill, Portobello Road, Kensigton Palace and Harrods. Also very close to the underground stations of both Queensway and Bayswater. The room was small but clean. We could easily leave our luggage past the checking out, nice and helpful staff. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Luana
"Nice hotel next to the underground."
It was a nice hotel. Reading all the other comments, I expected it to be worst. The room was very small but had a renovated private bathroom. I was on the 4th floor with a view on the street, so noise wasn't a problem. Breakfast was basic. Yes, they take a deposit for using remote controls for TV and AC, I guess that they want to make sure that the guests won't brake them. For this price in a primary location in London, I think it was a very good experience.
Lola
"Good hotel."
Good location. Nice staff. Independent yet small room. Good hotel. I recommend it highly!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Lola
"great location"
I'd gladly stay here again despite the negatives -- super small room and bed, poor carpeting, no desk to work at in room etc. But the location more than makes up for all this. Close to two tube stations in central London! You ca't beat this location. Helpful staff. No elevators, so be prepared to lift your heavy bags up the stairs.
6 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
Ravi
"Noisy"
It was in a very central location but really noisy as just above restaurants and near bars and shops.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Not good hotel at all"
No kettle inside the room. Remote tv suppose inside room but have to deposit to get the remote control. Cannot take water frm hotel breakfeast room. Room services late clean my room. This hotel no lif so very difficult to bring our big luggage to top floor. Room to cramp.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
jass
MY
"Family vacation"
Had a very nice stay at the hotel. Very good breakfast and a helpfull staff. The beds were mediocre, but all in all a happy family of four :)
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Perfect location. Terrible service."
Unfriendly receptionist. Terrible service, when we asked for another blanket. Noisy beds on every little move. But perfectly located. Loved the area and very close to Kensington Gardens.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014