All hotels in Brooklyn, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here611 DeGraw St, Brooklyn, NY, 11217, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"No space for comfort"
Square footage is a premium entity in this neighborhood hotel. If you don't mind bring cramped around a bed with very little room to maneuver suitcases or bodies than the rest is okay. The decor is sparse but clean and modern and pleasant looking. Short on amenities too-- no lotion, tissue, phone, food service or instructions for TV. Perhaps I didn't understand what a boutique hotel is.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Nice, clean hotel"
The rooms were very clean and tidy and the staff was polite and helpful. We traveled with our infant daughter and were able to add a crib to the room at no charge. It was a sturdy, clean crib. We brought our own crib sheet for our daughter so that she'd have a familiar material under her when going to sleep, but I wouldn't have been worried about putting her on the hotel sheets. The room is small and no fuss - don't expect a ton of space. While the hotel is off of a main street, there is an event space nearby that got a little loud on our first night's stay. We ran the fan on the other nights and it pretty effectively drowned out the noise. The location was good - about .5 miles to the nearest subway and within a couple of blocks of places to eat and bars. I'd recommend this hotel to friends and family.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Ashley
"Below average for the area"
When I arrived to check in, no one was at the front desk, and someone else had been waiting to check in for 10 minutes. A few minutes later, the person assigned to the front desk arrived and checked us in without apologizing for the delay. My room was really small, even for NY standards, and the walls were paper thin; I heard multiple conversations while trying to fall asleep. Overall, I think there are better hotel options in the Park Slope/Gowanus area.
2 night trip May 6, 2014
"close to park slope, service is so-so"
Very convenient location. Teeny tiny room, but nice and clean. We had to wait 15 minutes for staff to appear so we could check in, which was annoying. But a clean, decent place close to park slope and a subway stop
1 night trip May 9, 2014
tom
"Not handicapped paths of entry"
My husband who can barely walk could barely access the bed.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
Liz
"Unexpectedly convenient location"
Tiny rooms but efficient with private bath.
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Fachoy
The hotel was excellently located near a two subway stops, the neighborhood was quiet and calm. The staff was helpful and welcoming. The room was comfortable- the bed was perfect, the bathroom was excellent and had everything that was needed. I enjoyed the simplicity it was designed well. Everything was impeccably clean and well managed. The diner that provided breakfast had wonderful food and extremely friendly service. All of the prices were very reasonable. I will recommend staying here to friends and I would stay here again! Thank you so much for a perfect stay.
3 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"It's small but cozy"
The rooms are small, very small but we spent almost all of our time out in the city. I'm the pickiest person alive and yet I was amused yet charmed by the park sloap area and the great restaurants. The train station is blocks away and I just enjoyed myself. Might I add I'm a large man, six foot two fifty and my husband and I were comfortable. The bed was very cozy.... We are booking this place for our next stay to NYC...
4 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Adam
"Small but stylish rooms"
A good value. The rooms are small but worth the price
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Stayed for two weeks. Perfect for business and fun. Very simple and clean. A little off the beaten path means quiet sleep. But close enough for great restaurants and fun in Park Slope. AMAZING breakfast.
12 night business trip Mar 23, 2014
It is walking distance from the barclay center and the train is right up the block so it isnt hard to get to the city. Bed was super soft and comfy. the room was a little small but we didnt mind at all
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2014
Lady
"Well-priced, friendly, albeit tiny"
Tiny room, but the staff was friendly, and it was well priced. Definitely recommended for the young traveler(s).
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2014
"Love It!"
Loved it!
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Mrbrut
"New York Cool"
Staying at the Ascend Hotel during the cold days in NYC still made it a warm experience as I traveled the city by subway and bus. Being from Louisiana and visiting family in NYC for the first time, I was really surprised how i was able to get around in the weather. The hotel set up was nice and on point. It was easy for me to check in and get warm and comfy. The experience has me interested in coming back during the spring/summer season to get that famous NYC nightlife, maybe catch an event at the Barclay's and more.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
Vera
I saw the place as a small, very tiny room, no :fridge, chairs, table and etc. The first room they reserved for us was full of strong odors from the first room, then i complained they placed us in a different room. They offered breakfast,but it was 2 or more blocks away from the hotel, very disappointing moment. Takecare
1 night romance trip Jan 27, 2014
"Excellent hotel, close to major subway and stores"
Great hotel, they have small rooms but it's all the room you need. I'm 6.3 so you'd think I would need a large room, I shared the room with my girlfriend and it was perfect. Nice big windows that can open, bathroom was half the size of the room which makes it a pretty big bathroom, very clean as well. It had all the appliances and such you need. The only negative remark I have to make about the hotel isn't even from the staff or rooms or anything. It's the people that stayed there, one guy was a little weird and tried to get into out room in the middle of the night. Said he rented the room for 2 nights but only got charged for one...it was a little strange. Staff apologized a bunch of times but it wasn't there fault. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends, I almost went with Chelsea Hotel or some stupid motel...i'm so glad I made the choice to stay with Union Hotel. What a relief it was seeing the hotel and rooms, sometimes you just don't know what you're going to get. Especially cause the price is so darn cheap for a hotel in the heart of Brooklyn. All I can say is if you're calculating which hotel would be best price wise etc Union Hotel is the one. Hotel was clean, clean, clean.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Dillon
"Very good hostel"
We paid half the standard rates so were very happy with the value. At anything near hundred-dollarish full rates I'd recommend other options — actual hotels — nearby. Ascend website says refrigerator, coffee-maker, and mini-bar in the rooms — nope, but no biggie. If you recalibrate to see this as a hostel, not hotel, it becomes perhaps among the best hostels in Brooklyn.
5 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Marigny Couple
I appreciated the breakfast. The next day
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"It was good to me"
I actually liked it besides the size other then that it was comfortable for the price plus the free breakfast at the diner is a plus I would deff come back again
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
may
"MISERABLE"
The bed had stains ewww! The room was super small heater barely worked it took about 3 hours to heat up a 10 x 10 room, the bed was uncomfortable I woke up with my back hurtly. I will never come back here again! WORST EVER
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2014
Consuela
"i liked it"
I like everything about the room and the hotel itself except the size of the room.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
S & J
Cute hotel, but with very thin walls.
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
"Small, no amenities, unclean"
Stained sheets and a plastic covered mattress. Let's start there. The lobby consists of a podium with a laptop. The room is so small that the heater/AC rests over the bed. And not good for business travel--walls are incredibly thin. Do NOT recommend.
5 night business trip Dec 8, 2013
"A Nice place to stay"
Although the room was small the bed was very comfortable and the room was perfectly clean! who ever designed the rooms did a fantastic job! For the price this was a definite surprise. We had 2 rooms because my girlfriends and I had an event to go to nearby. Both rooms were great and we will definitely come back.
1 night trip Dec 11, 2013
Antoinette
"Affordable, cute, small rooms"
It's exactly what you are hoping for and expecting from an affordable boutique hotel: easy to get to if you are planning to hang out in Brooklyn, and clean (but small) rooms with cute bathrooms. We had a great time.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"If all you need is a bed and shower...."
If all you need is a bed and shower, this hotel is totally fine-- really. It's not for everybody though. It's all about your expectations. It's clean and quiet and in close proximity to great Brooklyn neighborhoods -- proximity as opposed to "within" great neighborhoods. Think "motel 6" with "ikea" quality furnishings for a child's bedroom... And little plastic cup and thin towel in bathroom. No lamp by bed; just overhead lite in room and dim bathroom lite.
2 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Functional, no frills. But perfect for me."
The heater in the first room I was in did not work properly, so the hotel staff moved me to another room. I enjoyed my stay at Union very much. When one goes to NYC, who wants to spend time in the hotel room? So the small, but clean, rooms at Union are perfect for me. A bed, a nice bath room. Pleasant staff.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Worst hotel I have ever stayede in"
The room was as small as had ever seen in any major market. There were no amenities whatsoever. The staff was civil at best.
3 night trip Nov 19, 2013
"Fine for the cost"
I have been staying here several days due to emergency personal scenario and cost. The hotel is fine, very small rooms but fine for one person, good location, and clean(most important). My only major complaint is it's advertised online they have coffee-makes, iron/ironing boards, mini bar in room and I have yet to see any of those items since I've stayed here and I have had a few different rooms. I don't like that this is falsely advertised. One addl annoyance is I found out(informed by front desk agent) guests are only given you 1 bottled water per 1st night you stay however, should you extend your stay, which I did many times consistently, they don't offer you any more water, you have to then pay $1 per bottle; The fee is not high however, I feel it's ridiculous to have to pay for complimentary water if you are paying for more nights you should get at least one comp bottle per night paid..! That rule should definitely be changed. Other than that no complaints.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
Ms. Cece E.
"Small but clean"
The first thing that jumps out at you is just how small the room is. The bed pretty much takes up all the floor space so you have to be careful with how you walk. Another drawback was the location of the TV. Instead of in front of the bed, it's to the side so you have to lay down at an awkward angle on the bed in order to watch TV which forces you to put the pillow against the air conditioner. OTOH, you get a complimentary breakfast at a grill 2 blocks away and there is a subway station there as well. Plus, you're a few blocks from Barclays Center which is also a major transportation hub that has multiple lines plus LIRR that can take you to just about anywhere in the city or on Long Island. Another plus is that you won't find a cheaper hotel in Brooklyn so you get what you pay for plus have the public transportation benefits.
2 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2013
Maxwell
"If you need to stay in Brooklyn"
The hotel rooms are smaller than they appear in the picture. Door could not open because it hit bed. Bureau drawers, too, could not be opened because of bed. No desks or place to write. No table lamps,. and lousy selection of cable channels--like they got the package of channels that nobody wants to watch. Bathrooms were of good size, however, and clean. A lot to do nearby, and a lot of restaurants nearby. Did not feel that the neighborhood was sketchy at all.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Fine for the price."
For those driving -- no parking. In a warehouse district, a few blocks from Park Slope. Perfectly fine and clean room. Pleasant staff. Good match between price and location/quality.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2013
MC
"so so"
It was an okay experience
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2013
Barrington
"Brooklyn alternative"
Clean room on edge of Park Slope neighborhood. VERY small room but clean. Nice breakfast option at nearby diner.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Disappointing/ Not Worth the Price"
No lobby. Or service. The room is tiny. My "king bed" was two twins pushed together. Don't do it.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
"Perfect for our needs"
Went to Brooklyn to meet some friends and this was the most conveniently priced and located hotel we could find. The room was tiny but we didn't need anything other than a bed and bathroom. Location was perfect - close enough to subway stops and our friends' apartments, as well as main roads for food. It's not luxurious but it is comfortable enough if you're just looking for a place to crash while you're in town! Plus, the free breakfast was pretty sweet.
2 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2013
Erin b
"The room is very small but was always clean."
Overall it was a good stay at the hotel. By the time we did are run around town we were so exhausted, you sleep and get ready for the next day.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Nice hotel at the cusp of Park Slope"
Everything was pretty great, the only negative factors of the experience were a low pressure shower, the hot water not getting hot enough and there was only one light for the room. I would however definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Ehhh"
You definitely get your moneys worth.. The lady at front desk was rude. The building is small. Its hard not to miss it. It wasnt hard finding parking which was a good thing. The neighborhood was good. The room was extra small. The queen size bed wasn't really a queen size. It was actually a two twin size beds put together which was really uncomfortable for my boyfriend and I. The room and bathroom were clean but when you showered the water practically wet the entire floor. So I guess it was ok for the price. My biggest suggestion is the beds. the least they can do is have an actual queen size mattress.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2013
"Great little hidden hotel"
Like many other reviews, the hotel room was very small but we didn't really mind it. We didn't plan to stay in the hotel for anything other than sleeping anyway. All the details were updated and pretty. The bathroom and shower was really nice. The room portion was small but had a big armoire in it. And the free breakfast was superb from the local diner. Compared to other continental breakfasts it was fantastic.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Clean but small."
If you're at all claustrophobic you won't like this hotel. Our room was listed as a "small queen" and small it was. If I hadn't been so tired I might have not stayed the night. There was less than a foot between the bed and the dresser and about a foot and a half between the bed and the door. The other side of the bed was against the window and a.c./heater. We left the door to the bathroom open so it wouldn't feel so claustrophobic. The bathroom was a decent size and very clean, as was the bedroom. The room was very stuffy so we turned on the a.c. but had to turn it off after awhile since it was blowing right on my husband. We could hear the a.c. running from the rooms above and below us. We had plans for breakfast so we didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, but we drove by the cafe and it looked nice. Whenever we're in Brooklyn we're out all day visiting with family and only stay at the hotel to sleep. We hate to pay a lot for a room that we're only going to spend 12 hours in, but I also need to feel comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep. And I just didn't feel it at the Union Hotel. I won't be going back there.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Easy to move around, cozy and clean room!"
They say Brooklyn is the new Manhattan...this Hotel is very well located, 2 corners from Union train station and the great free breakfast place. No bells or whistles. Felt very safe walking around. Room is small but very well maintained and clean, great bed with feathers topper and pillows. You can walk to Barclays Center or just take either the train or bus. Will go back for sure.
4 night trip Sep 23, 2013
Estela
"Small room"
I booked it for the location. I was suprised by how small the room is and disproportinatly big the bathroom is. Although the bathroom feels old and the floor kind of dirty. If you're there for one or two nights I guess that'd be ok.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Great for a couple"
The hotel was very clean, a nice big bed and bathroom, all that a couple would need. My girlfriend and I loved our stay there.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
sepp
"Great Park Slope hotel"
Nice location in great area of Park Slope. Very comfortable and clean. Rooms tad small but very adequate for a one night stay.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2013
The room is very small, but keep in mind this is New York and this is the size of some apartments in NYC. If you're wanting a getaway where you lounge around in a hotel room and never leave then why did you come to NYC or not book a resort spa? It was very clean, bathroom & sheets were pressed. Conveniently located on Union St. near an R train and a 10-15 minute walk to the Atlantic Ave/Barclays Center station (2,3,4,5,B,D,N,Q,R trains). They don't have onsite food accommodations, but the free breakfast is at a cafe around the corner and they have pretty good options and great service. Very well decorated with modern decor. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Safe & quiet area. I will definitely return, I think I'd rather spend the same amount of money here than some dumpy hotel in an unsafe area of NY.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2013
Mal
"Smaller than small"
Our door literally did not open all the way, it hit the bed. The only room for luggage was in the armoir. It was very well decorated but the AC unit went on and off all night and was hot and cold all night. Breakfast was very good at a nearby diner. Asked for a Queen bed, got a full and they said that was all they had, tough for my 6'4 husband.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"So-So..."
Could be improved in so many small ways. Guy who checked me in couldn't have given less of a darn and maybe could have taken his head phones off. Every bathroom on the second door had a super loud squeak to it. I could hear it up and down the hall as well as my room. Pretty easy fix guys: WD-40. Rooms are tiny, which was fine, but they insist on adding a folding chair in the room which blocks the doors from the bureau opening. Pretty annoying. HVAC units outside room extremely loud. Shelf in bathroom at an angle so nothing would stay on and slid off. I'd only stay here again for the location.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"The rooms are TINY"
The hotel staff is weird and rude and slightly creepy. The rooms are TINY. Just big enough for a bed. Nothing more.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Lucy
"Awful!!!!horrible"
First of all I traveled in early I called ahead and asked if I could do early check in after flying into NYC at 6:30am when i got there the front desk guy said no early check in so I wandered around hour a couple of hours. The room is the size of a closet no room 2 move! Then despite clearly having no sleep I was placed2 the room next to the elevator translation beeping and luggage scraping and chater needless to say I don't get any sleep. The breakfast place is 4 blocks away! My shower wouldn't produce anything but droplets of water so no sleep no shower! I was very angry! They don't follow the hotels.com page check out time is at 11 even tho it says 12 everywhere else. All I can say positive is that it was clean and the bed was comfortable.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013