All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
1-4-14 Nihonbashi Honcho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 103-0023, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very small but easy to get from jr station
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Monika
Nothing good about this place. Its so outdated and the toilet smells bad whenever the water comes out of it!
Other trip May 11, 2015
young couple
"Convenient, adequate compact room, hard to find"
VERY HARD TO FIND (Google Maps sends you to OTHER Smile Hotel Nihombashi near Kayabacho Station if you are not careful; need to search for Kamogawa Inn Nihonbashi Hotel instead; barely visible signage set back from street)
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"very nice price if you re looking for cheap hotel"
very simple, and cozy rooms, the location of the building is okay not too close neither too far from the train station
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Convenient location good price"
Room is small but very clean Convenient location. Very basic, not for honeymoon but comfortable place to rest. Good breakfast for extra $9
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
mike
Fine hotel, small rooms, a little hard to find but otherwise Ok
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Decent hotel for the price"
Liked the location. 12 minute walk and 5 minute walk to two JR stations. 3 to 5 minute walk to subway line. Lots of good restaurants in the area. Hotel was clean. Bed was small, but it's japan so that's normal. Coin laundry is available. decent breakfast for about 900 yen.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to metro station"
Mitsukoshimae is a high quality place, alot of restaurants and shopping centers.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Tarkan
"Sleepless at Smile"
Typical Buisness Hotel in Tokyo. Very small room. Unfortunately could not sleep due to workmen, banging and slamming the building every morning. Maybe an isolated incident???
3 night trip May 16, 2014
"Despite the room size,,"
The hotel is located pretty close to the station (get off at Mitsukoshimae metro station, A3 exit and just cross the street and walk straight). There are several local restaurants around the hotel, and also a Family Mart not too far away. The room was okay, despite being very small. I mean, super small even compared to Japanese size standard. But, for this price, I wouldn't expect anything more. Good price for such a good location and quality.
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
Anne
"Nice Location in Tokyo"
Nicely located with multiple subways Mitsukoshimae and train station Kanda. Great breakfast for a small charge. Friendly and helpful staff. (Then again I speak Japanese)
4 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
Tom Rueter
"i loved it."
Good high class location. A walk away from the train. 15 min walk from the imperial gardens!
2 night business trip Apr 10, 2014
"Small room in a central location"
Good little hotel in a very convenient location, close to Mitsukoshimae subway station (which has practical Ginza and Hanzomon lines), and only a stop away from the JR light rail service. The nearby Nihombashi station connects all the way to the Narita airport. The Tokyo station is some 15 minute walk. Overall very convenient to transportation, no need to take taxis at all. Tip: when going to Akihabara, don't go to Akihabara subway station, go to Suehirocho instead, closer. Hotel is on narrow backstreet with good small restaurants and cafes (appears on old maps as Kamogawa Inn). For upscale dining Coredo center is 2 blocks away. For upscale shopping the famous Mitsukoshimae department store is also 2 blocks. Several 24 hours convenience store nearby for late night snack. A 7-11 is 3 blocks away if you need to use your VISA or Mastercard in an ATM ($100 withdrawal minimum). Banks very close. The room itself is nothing fancy, very small. Good for one person. Provided fridge, heater, AC, small desk, hot plate with pot, TV (did not use). Room walls show signs of wear. No wifi; staff provided ethernet cable for high speed access. Friendly staff speaking English and knowledgeable about area. They even gave me an umbrella to use on a rainy day. Coin operated laundry, vending machines. The only real complaint is even if you are in a non-smoking room, smell may enter your room from hallway. Otherwise not bad.
7 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Nikita N.
"Near Tokyo Station, on Ginza line"
This was our "savior" hotel after a rough experience at a hostel in Asakusa where there was absolutely no heat …anywhere. We transferred to this hotel and were incredibly surprised and oh so pleased with the quality for your buck. The hotel staff were very helpful (always providing maps with their directions) and it was located down a street with great shops and hidden restaurants. We loved the fact that it was directly on the ginza line, which made it easy to see our top two spots - Shibuya, and Shinjuku. Overall, would definitely stay again!
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Cyn
"hard to access but nice"
Basically stayed here overnight between coming back up from Osaka until my flight out the next day. The room was nice and clean and they had good internet. The bathroom was tiny though...The biggest problem I had was that the hotel was kind of a ways away from anything like restaurants or attractions. The Shin-Nihonbashi station is nearby, but there's no escalator or elevators at the station so be careful if you're travelling with a lot of heavy suitcases (like I was). I ended up catching a taxi to the train station after checking out so that I wouldn't have to worry about stairs again. Also, very important, when looking on Google Maps for the hotel, look it up under the old name "Kamogawa Inn". Staff is really friendly and helpful and they speak good English.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2014
This was a very nice hotel (for the cost). I only spent 1 night here but the room was clean and it was decently close to the station. The bed was a little firm but this is my only complaint.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
This hotel is very small, but it is reasonable if your planning to stay for a couple days to explore Tokyo. good location, but kind of hard to find from the Handa station if you do not have GPS.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
traveling by JR
"Worth for the location"
Stayed at Smile Hotel for my two-week honeymoon in Japan and while it's not the romantic hotel we envisioned, the convenience of its location, friendly English-speaking staff, and useful amenities like internet, laundry, and vending machines made it worth it. Sightseeing around Tokyo was easy with the hotel located fifteen minutes away walking-distance from Tokyo Station and a two-minute walk across the street from Mitsukoshi's subway stop and department shopping area. Our one minor complaint was after a long and tiresome day of walking, the beds and pillows were hard and stiff.
14 night romance trip Dec 21, 2013
"locationwise is good, hotel employees are friendly"
the hotel is located at a convenient place, but at night time, their guests are too crowded, and there were no security to stop them from bothering the others
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
karl
"Excellent location in east-central Tokyo."
I used to live in Tokyo I know the city very well. I come back several times each year. I stayed here for the first time in October 2013. This was my second stay, in early December 2013. From now on, I will only stay at this hotel whenever I visit this city. When I made my prepaid booking on Expedia.com, the no-smoking room I water was available for only the first night, then I had to switch to a smoking room. However, upon arrival, the check-in staff easily made a change so that I could have a no-smoking room for the full duration of my week-long stay. I still had to change rooms after one night, which was no inconvenience to me at all. It turned out that I was moved to the room right next door to my first night's room! I do speak Japanese fluently, which helps a lot, but the front desk staff speak enough basic English to help foreign guests with their basic needs. The washing machines and clothes dryers on the eight floor are very convenient. If you're going to stay more than a few days, you can do your laundry and pack less. Save room in your suitcases for all the gifts you'll buy at nearby Mitsukoshi department store and at nearby shops specializing in food specialities from various parts of Japan.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
"First time at this hotel in Tokyo"
I go to Tokyo several times each year, speak Japanese and have lived and worked in the city before, so I know it well. I've stayed at other low-price hotels, but this one met all my needs. Excellent location close to a stop on the convenient Ginza subway line. Situated in a cozy side street that has numerous low-cost and medium-priced restaurants. Right next to the popular Mitsukoshi department store, which is convenient for buying gifts to take back home.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Easy access to Ginza and Northern Tokyo"
The hotel location makes easy access to the Mitsukoshimae metro station and a short ride to either Ginza or Asuka in Northern Tokyo. We found the room clean and comfortable and all the staff friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.
4 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Les S
Decent for the price. Only complaint was the AC was pointed directly on the bed and gave us a cough. Couldn't get it to turn down but definitely didn't want it turned off. Beds super hard. Even for Asian standards.
2 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2013
very good location, 10 minutes walking to the tokyo main station and with several good choices to eat or drink nearby
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Budget hotel in Nihombashi"
Not a bad hotel for the price. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The location is convenient: close to the famous bridge, close to Mitsukoshimae station, and not far from many of the sites in central Tokyo. There are lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Beware that there are several other hotels nearby also called "Smile Hotel", and the nearest one is in Nihombashi near Kayabacho station. The downsides are that they are quite strict about the checkout time, and about leaving the room for cleaning.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Clean, Affordable hotel"
Great place to stay. It was a little hard to find, we used the directions posted by another traveler. This hotel is close to a number of small restaurants and little shops.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
MLL
"GREAT for the price."
The hotel is at a very convenient location, closes to Mitsukoshimae Station which takes you directly to many touristic attractions and to Tokyo Station in a couple of minutes. The neighborhood felt safe (as most of parts of Tokyo) and has multiple small restaurants and department stores nearby. The rooms are tiny and a little bit uncomfortable for people larger than 5'10 but I guess this is the norm in Japan. My room was very clean and the lobby was kept clean as well. The staff was very helpful too. In overall, I had a great experience and the value of the hotel was great for the price.
4 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2013
"Great for business travel"
Nice staff, clean hotel, lots of great restaurants and bars surrounding. Nothing spectacular or extravagant, but they provided for everything I needed to get my work done here. For the price, highly recommend!
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2013
Chucktown
"Downtown Tokyo"
Nice hotel in central Tokyo. You can walk to Tokyo Station in about 15 minutes. Plenty of restaurants around. Rooms are pretty similar to most that I experienced in Japan.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Carlos
"convenient location but needs maintenance"
The location was very convenient because it was very close to Tokyo station. However, the room we stayed in seemed like it needed maintenance. There were lots of scuff marks on the walls, the bathroom sinks had dry residue and was dusty. There is no wifi in the rooms...but i guess what u pay is what you get. Next time i'm in tokyo i will pay more for a cleaner hotel
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2013
Jean
"Peculiar situation"
I lost my room key and they insisted on getting 30,000 yen around $ 310 but I negotiated and paid 170 dollars for the key!!!
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
"Worst experience ever"
Worst hotel EVER. Checked out in eight hours, was so unhappy. The photos make it look clean and big, the rooms are dinky, smoking rooms REEK (I mean wake up in the middle of the night coughing from the chainsmokers in other rooms) and all linens and the rooms themselves weren't tidy. It was very complicated to get to, I even had native Japanese trying to give me a hand who couldn't find it. The staff spoke terrible English, I had to turn my room key in every time I came/went and they monitored your actions closely. Do yourself a favor, find a guesthouse instead.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
Megu
"Good service for a reasonable price."
The hotel used to be known as "Kampgawa Hotel" before. The hotel looks old, but had no problems with cleanliness. Very conveniently located near "Mitsukoshi-Mae" subway station. You can even walk to Tokyo station less than 15 mins. It worked perfect for me since I needed to be close to Tokyo station. When I happened to forget my spring coat and checked out, they were keeping neatly wrapped in until I realized and called back for it. This is a reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location with professional services.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
Cotton
"Close to my business office of 21 years ago."
Over all very good EXCEPT for access to the bathroom. One has to step over a very high (14-16 inch) wall to go into the bathroom. It was a rather difficult task for myself (80 years old) & my 79 year old wife.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2012

"Nice hotel close to all stations"
Near Tokyo Station and underground station. Convenient stores and many restaurants
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
gary Chew
MY
"Good hotel for budget travellers"
Stayed for 2 days. It is a budget hotel but in good condition with the amenities you'd expect from other hotels. We booked a smoking room hoping it would be alright but we were next to the balcony and I think that's where the smokers were so our room smelt like cigarettes. However, that was our fault. The location may be difficult to find at first without guidance but it is still convenient. Overall, it was good and the cleaning lady on our floor was very nice & friendly which trumps the hotel's faults.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
HK
"Above average, it can be better"
I would like to give 7/10 on my 7 days stays. The hotel located at strategy place which cover by 2 subway line and JR line (shinnihonbashi) beside, i like the subway - Ginza line (i used the most). It link from shibuya to asakusa which cover almost half of the tokyo. The room is small, i means its small even for a couple under 160cm. (semi double bed room) If your budget are not tide, would advise you to book a double bed room which required additional of 15-20% of the price of semi double room. Only breakfast served and luckily there are quite a no. of restaurant around the hotel. The nearest convenient store is family mart and there is a budget restaurant ranged about 400 - 500yens open at 7am serving hot rice/lamen to keep you warm at early in the morning.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Jeremy
MY
"Small, cheap and great"
Small room and very small bathroom, but I don't need a large hotel room since my time will be spent out exploring. Eager and helpful staff. I found that staff spoke the same amount of English and I spoke Japanese, enough to get by. Great if you are looking for a clean, cheap hotel to stay in while traveling Tokyo.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"great value"
quiet neighborhood pretty small for a person over 6ft (bathroom) area doesn't have much nightlife, but subway station is 3 min walk away (station is at the center of the subway network and very convenient to get everywhere)
6 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
IL
"Convenient location in a quiet alley"
Located 5 minutes away from the A3 exit of Mitsukoshimae station this is one hotel that I'd consider everytime when I visit Japan for its price. It is located right at the end of an alley and is pretty quiet and isolated at night though, single female travelers might want to take note here.,
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Evan
"Good."
Rooms well a little small, but apart from that everything was fine.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Good hotel close to central Tokyo"
The staff are excellent, and the room comfortable. The only problem i encountered during my stay was an arrogant, everybody-bow-down-to-me Japanese man, who hogged the shared computer in the lobby, without any consideration that others might need to use it, too. When i asked how much longer will he be, he said "2 hours", which took me by surprise, and when i asked to use it for only 10 minutes, he gestured "go away." The computer is called SHARED for a reason, buddy! Somebody needed to teach him a lesson, and so i reported this to reception AND the Manager. Let's just say, ladies and gents, you need to be aware of such people that exist in Japan, there's the great hospitality... and then there's the terrible manners at the other end of the spectrum, as well!
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Hard to find"
Reasonable value for money for someone on a budget. It was hard to locate though as there are no signs visible from down the side street until you're very nearly upon it. As usual, the rooms are very small, but that seems standard in Japan.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
RichardD
"Basic, but not in a bad way."
Wonderful stay at this hotel, the staff were friendly, the facilities useful. As a bed and breakfast (although you have to pay for breakfast) it's great. Location is Awesome. Only issue was in the room I had there wasn't alot of room to unpack for more than a couple of days stay, but this is understandable.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Rob
"Good location close to subway station"
Clean rooms at reasonable prices. Room furnishings are very basic but all you need when you explore the city all day. The mattress of the bed was very hard though.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Business hotel"
No frills, staff were excellent and accommodative to requests. Great location too!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
SG
"Excellent location, very clean, small pillow"
Hotel is situated in an excellent location, a short 5 minute walk from the A3 exit of the Mitsukoshimae subway station with eateries and convenience stores on the way. The bed was really hard, but I personally have a thing for hard beds so its ok with me. The pillow was a little small though.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Juan
SG
"Close to great restaurant"
I would love to come back here. First timer in Japan, i was looking for this place for an hour. Luckily Nihon jin are nice people, they helped me to find this place.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Comfortable room and great value for money"
The cab driver had a little problem finding the hotel entrance as it was on a sidestreet (I also got lost later that evening trying to navigate back to the hotel on foot and ended up at another branch), so I would advise foreigners to take a map or use their smartphone if you have a poor sense of direction. The lobby was clean and the staff were very polite and spoke English. I was given a free upgrade from a single to double and it was a non-smoking room - I was very pleased. The room itself was much larger than what I've booked before in Tokyo, with comfortable pillows, yukata, fast internet and room to put my stuff. The bathroom was large and clean too - shampoo and bodywash are in a wall-mounted dispenser. There is a laundry and vending machine on an upper floor. The room has no view to speak of but this was fine - as it's not on a main street there is minimal noise. All in all I was very pleased with the hotel, felt it gave excellent value and would stay here again.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
JP
"Excellent value!"
The hotel turned out to be far more better than I expected! Had no previous experience of business hotels in japan but I would consider them just as good as the so called luxury hotels! The hotel is very close to a huge shopping center, mitsukoshi, and only a 10 min walk from the Tokyo station. However it might be a bit too hard to find the first time so I recommend taking a taxi from the station. Staff was extremely helpful with all matters and even helped me to get an adaptor (which by the way is pretty much impossible to buy in japan so bring one before you fly to japan). The room was cleaned daily to a top level of cleanliness and there was no nasty smells in the bathroom ( I had a non-smoking room). Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone! I stayed 4 nights!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014