All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
1-4-14 Nihonbashi Honcho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 103-0023, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Clean
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable

"Basic, but not in a bad way."
Wonderful stay at this hotel, the staff were friendly, the facilities useful. As a bed and breakfast (although you have to pay for breakfast) it's great. Location is Awesome. Only issue was in the room I had there wasn't alot of room to unpack for more than a couple of days stay, but this is understandable.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Rob
"Good location close to subway station"
Clean rooms at reasonable prices. Room furnishings are very basic but all you need when you explore the city all day. The mattress of the bed was very hard though.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Business hotel"
No frills, staff were excellent and accommodative to requests. Great location too!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
SG
"Excellent location, very clean, small pillow"
Hotel is situated in an excellent location, a short 5 minute walk from the A3 exit of the Mitsukoshimae subway station with eateries and convenience stores on the way. The bed was really hard, but I personally have a thing for hard beds so its ok with me. The pillow was a little small though.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Juan
SG
"Close to great restaurant"
I would love to come back here. First timer in Japan, i was looking for this place for an hour. Luckily Nihon jin are nice people, they helped me to find this place.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Comfortable room and great value for money"
The cab driver had a little problem finding the hotel entrance as it was on a sidestreet (I also got lost later that evening trying to navigate back to the hotel on foot and ended up at another branch), so I would advise foreigners to take a map or use their smartphone if you have a poor sense of direction. The lobby was clean and the staff were very polite and spoke English. I was given a free upgrade from a single to double and it was a non-smoking room - I was very pleased. The room itself was much larger than what I've booked before in Tokyo, with comfortable pillows, yukata, fast internet and room to put my stuff. The bathroom was large and clean too - shampoo and bodywash are in a wall-mounted dispenser. There is a laundry and vending machine on an upper floor. The room has no view to speak of but this was fine - as it's not on a main street there is minimal noise. All in all I was very pleased with the hotel, felt it gave excellent value and would stay here again.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
JP
"Excellent value!"
The hotel turned out to be far more better than I expected! Had no previous experience of business hotels in japan but I would consider them just as good as the so called luxury hotels! The hotel is very close to a huge shopping center, mitsukoshi, and only a 10 min walk from the Tokyo station. However it might be a bit too hard to find the first time so I recommend taking a taxi from the station. Staff was extremely helpful with all matters and even helped me to get an adaptor (which by the way is pretty much impossible to buy in japan so bring one before you fly to japan). The room was cleaned daily to a top level of cleanliness and there was no nasty smells in the bathroom ( I had a non-smoking room). Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone! I stayed 4 nights!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Annie
"Smoking smell in non-smoking room"
Front desk couldnt find a spare room as it was fully booked for the day. However there is a air filter and air humidifier in the room.Overall still a okay hotel for sleep. Didnt spend too long in the hotel, busy shopping, especially mitsukoshi is so near the hotel.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
SG
Excellent staff, decent breakfast, great location ... Small rooms but comfortable, ac working great and quiet.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Pleasant, well situated, a bit old"
Smile Hotel is well-located - Nihombashi, Marunouchi, Ginza are within walking distance, as are some well-connected underground stations and convenience stores. The rooms were clean and well-appointed, with everything that you would expect in a modern hotel room, however the hotel's decor and infrastructure are beginning to date. The wi-fi connection in my room dropped out a few times while I was browsing the internet, and the internet connection in the foyer was quite slow. However the service was good and friendly, and for the price the hotel represented good value for money.
2 night trip May 11, 2014
Jeremy
Good location, clean rooms, complete amenities. Overall, a good stay.
2 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2014
PH
"Nice Place"
A value-for-money option, with more amenities than given credit for. Good location within walking distance of 2 subway lines.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
SG
"Superb location! Close to station with many shops."
Great location: Take A1 or A3 exit from Mitsukoshimae station and you'll reach the hotel within 3~5 minutes by walking. Along the way there is a Starbuck, a huge shopping center, a Familymart convenience store and many restaurants.
6 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Desmond
"good position"
Good position near subway station but slightly difficult to find initially as down side street
3 night trip Mar 13, 2014
elaine
"Very uncomfortable bed"
Hotel is ok for 1 or 2 nights, but the bed is like sleeping on a mat on a hard floor. The pillow is hard too. I'm currently travelling around Japan, and my tip would be to pack a soft pillow. They only provide you with 1 pillow that is like testing your head on an empty egg box
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
phil
"Comfortable"
The location is near subway stations but very quiet at night.
2 night trip Feb 2, 2014
"Good enough"
Very clean and cozy. The size of the bed and the room were enough for two. The bed was comfortable and sheets and pillow were clean. Wifi was available in the room. English was available. 15min to tokyo station on foot. Some restaurants and stores were near.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Sujeong
"Convenient location"
Hotel Staff are very accomodating and respectful.
2 night business trip Jan 13, 2014
Eric Bartolome
"Small Rooms, Hard Bed"
We stayed in 7 different hotels throughout Japan, all in the same star rating and price per night. This was the worst out of them all. It wasnt terrible, but we stayed 5 nights on a hard smaller then normal bed. The room was tiny in comparison to other hotels (all semi-doubles). The internet wifi was brilliant but we couldnt access it in our room, yet as soon as you stepped out the door into the corridor it was perfect. The staff were friendly but they wanted us to give them our room key everytime we left the hotel which we found weird and really inconvenient, especially if you forgot something.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
jess
"1 night stay at end of long trip."
We booked this hotel being the only one available on New Year's Eve - a super busy time in Tokyo. It's convenient close to a metro stop, however it was a bit dated and for that reason we gave it lower scores all round, perhaps some renovating is in order. The staff however were very kind, and helpful, as is the case, we found with all people in Japan.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
'liya
"nice small hotel"
The staff spoke good English and were very friendly
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"decent price for such a location"
conveniently located about 5 minutes walk from the subway station (ginza line and hanzomon line), so pretty easy to get around. Easy access to the main Tokyo station too, so ideal for anyone arriving by shinkansen. Clean and simple hotel, fairly small rooms but perfect for a short stay. Nothing fancy, yet everything you need for a comfortable stay. For the price, it's very good, and I would stay again.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Good Location"
Good hotel, close to the center, nice to visit the city.
4 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2013
Daniela
"Joseph"
Quality of service
7 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Good budget hotel in a great area"
This hotel was only recently bought by the Smile-Hotel chain, and this may not have been updated on all maps; this caused us some confusion when trying to navigate our way there. The former name of this hotel was "Kamogawa Inn". The hotel is located very conveniently in the city centre, with many affordable restaurants very nearby, and some of the large department stores only 5 to 10 minutes' walk away. The nearest tube station is also about 3 minutes from the hotel. The staff were helpful, and spoke basic English, so communication was never a problem. Room size was about average in this price range, and as with other hotels in the Smile chain, the room was clean. During our stay, which was in August (i.e. Japanese summer, with temperatures around 40C) the Hotel also provided a free bottle of water each day, for every visitor, which proved surprisingly helpful, and we thought it was a nice touch. We have many fond memories of this hotel, and would happily stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2013
dmc
"Really good - no complaints"
Polite staff, clean room, low price, quite central location. I couldn't really ask for more.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Ben
"clean room, great location, great for the price"
Easily checked in, room was clean and did not smell of smoke at all. The bathroom and other amenities were definitely suitable. Although you have to turn in your key before you leave at the front desk, this was not really a hassle at all and the staff are all very friendly. The only thing is, the wired internet in the room makes it hard to move a laptop or other internet device around. The bathroom is also not suitable for anyone who requires a lot of space.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"9 nights varies experiences"
We have stayed in this hotel 9 nights. The first two nights, we have to stay in smoking room, 2nd floor. We try to change it after the first night but not successful. We try again on the third day because we cough a lot and the passive smoke in this floor is pretty bad. We can feel our lungs are reduced capability. They move us to the 4th floor, we stay there for 1 night. In the morning we asked to clean the shower curtain because there are green, black and moldy. But they asked us talk our lugages down immediately at that morning. In the evening, they change us again to the 5th floor. The red hair man staff in the recept is useless, woman is much better in English. Washing machine is good, no power is needed. Location is not too bad, close to metro station and easy to find something to eat.
9 night trip Jul 13, 2013
UK girls
"A good hotel, a good area"
My stay at Smile Hotel started on a bit of a sour note. When preparing directions for your trip, please ensure that you type the full "Smile Hotel Nihombashi Mitsukoshimae" and not just "Smile Hotel Nihombashi" as you will be taken to the wrong hotel, and it is another 15 minute walk through Tokyo city center to get to where you need to be. Aside from this, my stay here was excellent, the hotel staff were friendly but professional, and the room was very good. The location was good, The nearest subway station only a five minute walk away. The hotel is on one of the "back streets" of Tokyo, with many small stores and places to eat all along the pedestrianised area. A nice place to get some photos. Were I to visit Tokyo again, I would likely stay at this hotel. The location is great, the quality of the rooms above what I was expecting for the price I paid.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
AW91
good room. At this price nobody can really complain. Very clean as always in Japan. The beds were very hard which is not to my liking but could be to yours. Beds in Japan tend to be a lot firmer but this one was quite extreme. I actually found it painful to sleep on. Size is typical of Japanese hotel rooms in this range. All required features included as expected. My only issue with comfort as such was the bed.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2013
oztraveller
"value for money"
Aircon not ventilating enough, so was just a tad stuffy, but not an issue. However, may well be some discomfort during height of summer. Bedroom slippers should be disposable type for hygienic reasons. Metro station at doorstep is convenient, even though multiple lines and longish names need a day or two to master. Otherwise, all above average and value for money. Happy to return.
5 night family trip Jun 4, 2013
"Amazing Deal and Stay"
Everybody know the rule - what you paid and what you get. But i would say, what you paid and you will get additional 50% as what you expecting. I love the location and surrounding area, no doubt, the hotel staffs is really helpful and friendly. I will revisit this hotel again :-).
6 night trip May 25, 2013
Charlie
"excellent"
no problem at all, booked at $55 a night, it is 5 star in comparison with capsule, that charges $20..For the money asked-excellent establishment all around.
4 night trip Jun 2, 2013
yuriy
"Excellent chain"
Very clean, very good locations, great staff, high quality service
4 night trip May 28, 2013
Wandereing
"Very good stay in 2013"
Hi.. Reception english fair spoken.. House keeping doing good job and chckout perdon in charge while 2)/5 early in the morning is so help to see aroind the taxi to terminal station
Other trip May 29, 2013
"Clean room with great customer service"
Smile hotel is good value accommodation. For the price this hotel was unbeatable for Tokyo. It was small but very clean and comfortable.
5 night family trip May 17, 2013
"very good budget hotel in city center"
very good location in city center a lot of trditional resturant near by, sevice is good, hotel is clean, rooms are small. overall recomended for budget stay.
7 night trip May 10, 2013
AP
IL
"Great location but small room"
Location was great ---- very near the metro. Very near convenience stores and local japanese restaurants. Situated in a quiet area ideal for rest after a hectic day at the busier parts of Tokyo. Staff was helpful although they had a bit of difficulty conversing in English. Room was small but clean although on certain days, left some kind of somewhat unpleasant odor in the lavatory upon our return to the hotel.
6 night trip Apr 12, 2013
PH
"Great for the price"
Inexpensive, but clean beds and friendly staff. No wifi, wired only. Rooms were rather small, but hey, it was just a place to sleep for us.
2 night trip with friends May 10, 2013
Aditya
IN
"Pleasant surprise"
This suited my needs perfectly. It was a great price and down an interesting side street full of wonderful little restaurants. I read it could be difficult to find but this is because the online maps suggest it's down an alley off another side street but it actually faces the street perpendicular to Chuo-Dori. Walk down Chuo-Dori to the end of the Mitsukoshi Dept store (toward the Nihonbashi Bridge ) to where it joins the Mitsukoshi Annex by two walkways. Cross Chuo-Dori there at the lights and head directly down that street for a few short blocks, Hotel is on the left and has a big Smiley face. I was traveling alone and always felt safe. It was very handy to the Mitsukoshimae metro stop, which is on the Ginza line. The room is small, yes but for myself I didn't need more space as I only used it to sleep and shower. Think of a cruise ship cabin and you get the picture. They provide a clean namake to sleep in every night and fresh towels, tea and bottled water. The bathroom is up about a foot; I don't know why, but this could be an issue for the elderly or anyone with bad knees. My room was warm but the window opened. I think the front desk staff was trying to tell me that the air conditioning was not on summer mode yet. The bed with duvet is very comfortable. I ate the Japanese style breakfast twice (840 yen) and enjoyed it but don't expect any bread. Coffee is also available in the lobby. Remember it is a business hotel and you won't be disappointed.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
Mieko
"Great budget hotel"
Very reasonable price and less than 5 minutes away from Mitsukoshimae Station. Fast internet connection. PC available at the lobby. 2 nearby convenience stores. Easy to buy small restaurants are also nearby. Something like a vendo machine to choose your meal then just hand it over to the counter. Hotel staff can speak little english but is not an issue at all. It was our first time in Tokyo, and we had a blast. We had a hard time finding it when we arrived though. Just use GPS on your smartphones, even without wifi! I'd recommend getting TripAdvisor app. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED HOTEL!
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
Tracster
"City break"
Nice place, definitely I will stay there again...
3 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2013
CompanionS
"Great location to Tokyo Station"
Stayed three nights in Tokyo. Location of hotel to tokyo station, metro and ginza was very good. The staff were excellent at trying to assist us with directions and the area. They even made recommendations for nearby attractions. The other reviews mentioned that the rooms were small and they were but we were able to manage even with 2 in a semi double bed. would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2013
"Inexpensive and convenient hotel"
Inexpensive and convenient hotel, did meet my expectations and will definitely come back.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
"Good for the price"
Close to JR station and subway, good for price small room but clean and all you need when you are out sightseeing all day.
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2013
"Good but hard to find location"
I wanted something in the center of Tokyo and close to JP rail station and Smiley meets this criteria perfectly. It is close (having in mind how big is the city) to Tokyo Station, which is great if you want to use JP, including fast trains or airport train. However the hotel is rather neglected but clean enough. It is also pretty hard to find, my google maps was unable to find it and spent some time looking around.
2 night trip Mar 2, 2013
Andrzej
No frills, absolute basics here ladies and gentlemen. A general sense of cleanliness applied as well as tidiness to this hotel, though very dated. Wifi, though not available in the bedroom, was downstairs. LAN connection was available in the room. Staff are efficient and speak relatively good English.  In the centre of the city, it is an easy 10 minute walk to the main train station - quite straight forward.  Nice if you have a JR Pass for the city circle. Only negative thing is the walls are quite thin. Overall, the location is great but would probably seek elsewhere to stay for future visits.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2013