All hotels in Long Island City, New York, United States of America
11-01 43rd Avenue, Long Island City, NY, 11101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointing"
For the area of the hotel, no coffee in the room, air conditioner did not cool well, the included breakfast was not good and service was poor, this hotel was overpriced. Although the staff were friendly, it seemed they were under staffed, which caused service to be lacking, especially for a hotel in this price range. Our toilet clogged up, and we told them when we left that morning. When we returned at 11 p.m., the toilet had not been unclogged, so we had to wait to have it repaired. There was one person running the breakfast area, which was inappropriate for the care of employees & was not good customer care. I have never written a negative review, but again for the price range, this hotel Is greatly lacking.
3 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"5 star hotel"
Gorgeous view gorgeous room amazing experience couldn't have asked for a better deal. Slightly small portions in hotel restaurant but overall 100% amazing experience will be returning asap
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"Nice hotel but wouldn't go back"
I stayed at the Z this past weekend with some friends and overall my trip was a bit disappointing. Here are some pros and cons that I compiled Pros - Great view into the city - rooftop bar (parties on Friday and Saturday nights, good music too),open during the day - shuttle service that takes you into the city (comes every hour) - free wifi Cons - hotel room was very small!!! (my brother and I shared the 2 twin beds and it was tiny) - hotel bars (rooftop and downstairs) = super expensive (2 vodka cranberries were $22) -hotel staff were a bit sketchy at times (always trying to have them bring us somewhere) - the complimentary breakfast was basically bread and orange juice. -location is very rough, basically the hood Overall for a hotel in NY the pricing was good but for me, it wasn't my taste. If your very big on hotels when you travel, I wouldn't recommend this one
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Serge
"Sketchy"
Our stay was alright, there wasn't really great service and the area was very sketchy.
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Samantha
Great !
3 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Marc
"excellent experience"
I am soooooo happy with my stay. The view from the room is phenomenal. The room is a bit small but in reality all you can see is the view. Great service, nice minibar, food available at late hours... so happy.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Tammy
"Family vaca in NYC"
Stayed 6 nights: wifi worked 2 days Had to ask for towels 4 days Had to ask for soap 3 days Sushi bar in downstairs restaurant was excellent Restaurant food was excellent Buffet breakfast included with room was good, hard to find napkins, silverware etc many mornings, people working in restaurant in the mornings seemed not to know what to do. Great views of nyc Good shuttle service to nyc, subway station 4 books away, neighborhood industrial but safe. Housekeeping needs a list for each room to make sure towels, glasses and soap, shampoo etc are restocked daily. We had 3 rooms on different floors and we all had to ask for these things VERY often. Bring sticky notes to leave for housekeeping to remind them. Overall 3 stars out of 5
6 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Gail
Great Hotel - easy access to subway and Manhatten. Fabulous Views of NYC skyline
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
kenneth
"Hotel is OK,but sometimes aloud."
Too aloud after 12:00AM on the street. May be because Saturday. Nearly can't sleep.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Hotel- Great; Restuarant- Meh"
Our stay overall was great. The vibe was really fun and modern! For those who need it a little quieter when you sleep, I recommend staying in one of the lower floors so you don't hear the weekend rooftop noise. We were on a lower floor and we could sleep through it. There were a couple of issues with the internet and our TV. The internet got resolved but we were never able to watch TV in our room. The hotel staff was really friendly and helpful whenever we had a question; we were also there for a short time anway, TV wasn't a priority! I would recommend not eating at the restaurant at the hotel, however. We literally ordered salads with nothing to be cooked and it took them almost an hour, a lot of longing looks and checking in, to get them to our table. The restaurant was pretty much dead when we were there too so it didn't seem like the issue was how busy it was. The server was really apologetic but the overall experience was really disappointing when we were hoping for a quick bit to eat before bed. NY has so many other food options anyway, don't waste your time on a really slow/sub-par hotel meal. We would definitely stay there again given the price and the fun atmosphere (and just avoid the restaurant)!
3 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Eh, you can do much better..."
On multiple days, staff could not be bothered enough to pull down their cell phones to help people at front desk or at restaurant. Food orders were consistently wrong, late, or missing items. Very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights when they do a roof deck club night which you can hear in the rooms. Not very many amenities in the area either in terms or restaurants or stores. Best part of experience was the view of Manhattan.
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Amazing stay"
Loved the hotel. Staf was super sweet and accomodating. The only problem we had was with the air conditioning not being as strong as we needed. Other than that, the view is incredible, the room is very pretty and comfy and the rooftop bar was amazing.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
"Disappointing"
Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the polite front desk staff. I was told that the Wi-Fi was not working when I called the front desk. It was very hard to do business with something that I was told was a future of the hotel . If I had known that I would never have stayed at that location. I had to cancel my webinar and it wasn't easy to reschedule. It would have been nice if the hotel communicated this with me when I first checked in, that way I could have made other arrangements. I did not find out till later on in the evening and it was too late at that point. Very disappointed/ dissatisfied .
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
"nice but misleading hotel!"
Disappointed in location, not fhe best place to see the fireeorks like they said. was unable to to get on roof top to see 4th of July fireworks. Failed to notify guest there was an additional fee just to see fireworks on the 4th. Room was promised to be ready at 3, but wasn't cleaned till 4pm. WiFi never worked for the whole 3 days we were there. The interior was very appealing. Would I stay here again? No.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
"Never again:Rude, Disrespectful & unprofessional"
We were in town for 1 night stay & we were meeting some colleagues for dinner, drinks, and a night out on the town. (Three couples in total, for a total of 6 adults. All of us in our 30's and 40's). I talked my friends into coming back to our hotel to change & to see how live the roof top atmosphere was. Upon returning from dinner, we were interrogated as to where we were going and if we were in fact hotel guests. A gentlemen informed me that there is a law in NYC as to square feet & guests allowed in each room. I asked if the interrogations were a normal part of business. An older gentlemen who identified himself as the owner of the hotel stated if I did not like the way I was treated, I could check out and leave. At this point, it was 10:30 in the evening on a Friday night. Was I really suppose to check out? Was this good business practice, or even ethical? Extremely disappointed by the way we were talked to and demeaned. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN, AND I WILL ENCOURAGE MY FRIENDS TO STAY AWAY AS WELL. IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS, COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW THEY TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES. DEPLORABLE.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Katiria
"plain OK."
on bed blanket had bugbed.. i can't sleep all night. no choice for me..have to sleep all night .. next time never again.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
Marco
"HOT HOTEL in LIC"
The only negative I have was a huge factor in our stay. Mew had traveled from Ireland, checked in and the AC in our room was off, the west-facing drapes were open and it was a beautiful sunny day in NY. The room must have been 98 degrees! It was too hot to rest and we had several hours to do so before our dinner reservation. Housekeeping should know about this. Please don't do it to anyone else. We had a reservation 3 months in advance, so management knew we were coming. Otherwise, the location was fine, my husband found breakfast to be very good and the AC worked. But it took about 16 hours for the room to cool down. Nice people work there and the hotel seems to be well-maintained.
3 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Great hotel! Super friendly staff. Beautiful views. My only complaint is that the AC really didn't work well in our room. Fortunately the windows cooled it down at night.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Nice hotel. Beware of club on the roof!"
There is a loud club on the roof of this hotel, so if you are not into booming bass/missing out on sleep, you may not want to stay here on weekends because you can hear it everywhere. The rest of the hotel was nice though. Decent service, located close to the subway and clean. I believe they also provide a shuttle to midtown.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Brendan
"The staff is out of the earth"
I choose this one for my second visit to NY, outside Manhattan looking for a more quiet and less expensive hotel, it was my best choice. Only 4 blocks to subway -they offers transportation to Manhattan for free if you preffer- quiet and with a excelente skyline to the city. The breakfast consist in coffe, bread or yogurt and cereal but you can select more for a modest cost. The staff is the best in the hotels I visited, they always help me and they receive the packages of online shopping for free. I recomend this hotel
Other trip May 10, 2015
Drsapg
"cool"
stunning view. free shuttle. rooftop is awesome. but the bar closed a bit too easily. wonderful stay
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Rooms were small, but they had an amazing view of the city.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Good value hotel with a great view"
Nice hotel, great staff. Fantastic view of NY skyline, especially from the roof. Good location for access to Manhattan; 10 min or less walk to subway stations and 5-10 min to Manhattan. The immediate area is industrial, but it is a short walk to Vernon Blvd where there are plenty of nice restaurants. Try Aunt Rosie's Café for breakfast (you won't believe how inexpensive), Manducatis Rustica for pizza or anything else on the menu, and Alobar for brunch.
7 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Randall
did not spend much time there. Roof top bar to open at 3:00 pm did not open until 4:45
Other trip May 4, 2015
tom
Good room condition, comfortable shuttle bus, great view
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"One of the best skyline views in America"
The Z Hotel is worth the stay for view from the roof alone. Breathtaking! The transportation option is limited, but a nice touch, and the drivers are all very sweet and considerate. There were a couple of the staff that were a little less pleasant and accommodating than others, but overall, no complaints there. The room is tiny, but what should be expected. The room was not as clean as I had hoped when I checked in, as the were obvious signs the sheets had not been changed since the last person slept in them. The continental breakfast is very nice, but skip the other food and go someplace else. The local sushi bar, Shi, recommended by the manager, was phenomenal. Overall, I would stay there again. I would insist on floor 7 or above, though.
4 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
"Very Disappointed"
We were pretty disappointed with this hotel, especially after seeing all of the great reviews and pictures online. We could not control the temperature in our room, and maintenance told us there was nothing they could do. The rooms were small and there was no real bathroom door- just a pane of glass. Our room was between 85 and 90 degrees all the time, and all we could do was keep our window open to try to cool it off. The halways all had weird plastic walls with holes on them on one side so they were freezing when it got cold outside. The hotel was in a dirty, not very nice area with no restaurants or anything around it. The rooftop bar that I had heard so much about was closed and looked like it had been deserted for months. There was no pool, hot tub, ice machine, or workout room. The continental breakfast was okay and the staff was never rude. Overall though, for the price, I would definitely say just go somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great City Views"
Great panoramic views of Manhattan from your room and only 10 minutes to get to Manhattan. Highly recommend staying here.
5 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
"Loved it"
Beautiful Hotel, Clean w/ friendly staff! I will definitley recommend it.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan Z Hotel is a great"
The front desk stay were extremely helpful and friendly. The area where the Hotel is located is industrial but within 2 blocks it's residential and the Bistrol's on Vernon Avenue were outstanding. Testaccio, l'Inizio and our favorite Manducatis Rustica are only 8 blocks away are and are worth the walk
7 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
russ
Nice staffs. Sometimes the shuttle takes some time to go to Manhattan due so traffic jam. Except that, everything satisfied.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Luv the way. The hotel. Look. Very comfortable. What stay. At. The. Hotel. Again
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
RODNEY
"The Z"
Funky little place that everything they could to make your stay pleasant. Not much going on in the neighborhood, but the hotel restaurant had a good menu at reasonable prices.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
"Amazing, felt like home"
I use to live in NYC for 30 years and now reside in St. Maarten, I can't say enough about this hotel, the staff are very friendly, the location you can't beat, the view is spectacular ( can give the Standard hotel roof bar a run for it's money ) the room rates are also very affordable, I will be back in July and whenever Im not staying with friends I will be staying here. A very happy guest : )
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
michele
"Hole in the wall"
Seedy hotel with gorgeous view of the eastside of Manhattan.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"10 stars!"
Excellent!!!!
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Nice hotel with great view"
This hotel had a great view of the bridge was well as the city. Looks great at night bathroom has heated floors. Nice lounge in the hotel with great drinks and great staff.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Jay
"Comfortable and Great View"
The stay was worthwhile. The staff was excellent and helpful. The room had a fantastic view and was comfortable. The setup of the hallway was odd and the hallway was freezing. Overall though if I needed to be in that area again, I would certainly stay there.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"VERY Nice hotel with BEAUTIFUL view"
Wonderful experience...Great little bar downstairs
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Great hotel with nice view of New York skyline."
The hotel was great. This was my second time staying, and I was very pleased. Just like my first time I received a free room upgrade as well.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Ralph
"great stay"
My wife and I had a great time. It was our anniversary. The service was excellent, Kelvin G our server made us feel at home and very special. We absolutely will be back.
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Horace
"Disappointing"
Service is not as expected. Restaurant staff will ignore you. Unable to change the heat in your room, temp stays in 80s. have to open the window to cool down the room
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
B
"Excellent view"
The view from your room was the only five star Rating I could give this hotel. Continental breakfast was late and only consisted of toast an cold cereal. And the hallways of the hotel were plastic and extremely cold. It has also taken 8 phone calls to TRY and retrieve coats left in the closet. There must be a more efficient way. Ricardo at the front desk was the only real Helpful employee
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Amazing"
My husband and I stayed for Valentine's weekend. And it was absolutely amazing. The view was breath taking. The staff were very friendly. We will be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"unsatisfied stay"
My Stay could have been better. When I arrived for check in I was told I could not get a room higher than the forth floor because there was no housekeeper to clean the rooms. I agreed to a 4th floor room which was very clean but had no heat. The hallways are freezing cold. We eventually moved to the Second floor Where the Room Was Still Cold. We waited an hour for the heat to work and it did not then someone came up and brought us a blanket and Heater. The heater stopped working after about 20 minutes and the blanket had stains on it. Because of this we Asked for a late check out the next day since we were up trying to stay warm. We were allowed a late Checkout
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Nice hotel, bad location"
I think this hotel has potential. The design and amenities are good-modern and hip atmosphere. They really try to provide good service. My room was clean, comfortable, with a safe, minbar, iron, hairdyer. Continental breakfast is included in the room rate, as is an hourly shuttle from the hotel into the city. As long as you recognize that you are in Long Island City, in an industrial neighborhood, you will be fine.
Mel
"LOVE IT !!"
this hotel is beautiful !! I've been here about 4 times already and its just amazing.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
marie
"Great place"
Nice city view... Nice bar and the restaurant was nice with good food
dazaisdaillest
"Nice clean comfortable hotel with great view"
I was in Queens, New York visiting a friend and looked up nearby hotels. ZHotel quickly caught my attention after reading their reviews. I booked a hotel and was very impressed. The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was very modern, clean, comfortable, with an amazing view of the city! The rooms are quite small, but I traveled alone so it was sufficient enough. The surrounding areas can be a little sketchy. Not many restaurants, bars, or shops around.
Big Taka
The staff was great! Very accomadating! Made for a wonderful experience