All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here355 W 16th St, New York, NY, 10011, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Horrible food!!!!"
Room service was horrible i ordered pancakes they were the worst pancakes i ever had in my life we ordered one order of blueberry pancakes and one order of eggs benedict two orange juices and two coffees and the bill was 90.00!!!! Food was horrible and over priced. They also make you insert your room key every time you use the elevator which was an inconvienence love the location of the hotel and the room itself but wouldnt stay there again
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"Noisy hotel for hipsters"
The location is great and the decor is fun if you just can't get enough of circles, but this hotel is definitely for a young demographic. The one request I made when confirming my room was that it be quiet, but I'm not sure that is even a possibility for The Dream. There is a club in the hotel and on Saturday night, noise and music is to be expected, but we were also awakened at 3am Monday morning by aggressively loud house music. The bed was on the squishy side, there was about 18 inches of closet space (including drawers) for a double, and everything in the bathroom was made for people well over 6 ft tall -- I had to use full extension reach to hang anything on the hooks, and only my toes hit the ground when on the toilet. The bathroom walls were made of frosted glass, so anyone using the bathroom early in the morning would wake up the whole room when the lights went on. Fun for a younger crowd, but just not right for me.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Nora
"A night club or a hotel?"
To start, just after checking-in, up on the 10th floor the keys would not function. We went to the front desk and went back to the 10th floor just to find that the new keys with the new programming would not work. My wife and I ckecked-in on a Thursday to find that a loud dj music from the PHD ( Pent House at the Dream) could be felt on our floor just after leaving the elevator. The music was loud and clear in our room since 10 pm thru 2:00 am. The noise was so loud that it made our bed vibrate. So, if you love theme parks, there you could find hell of a ride but no dreaming at all. The staff is very courteous. The manager on duty could see all of this by himself. On Saturday we were moved to a room on the 9th floor and got a wine bottle with a nice apology card....but after that the terror story was repeated! So if you love loud dj music in your $450 a night room and vibrating beds...you will love this hotel.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Businessman
Had an amazing experience & will definitely refer to all my family, clients & friends.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Griselda
"They sell atmosphere not a hotel"
It is a very trendy hotel and very expensive. The staff is nice, the restaurants are good and the location is good. BUT, the rooms are tiny, beds are terrible. The big problem is that all the atmosphere there is for the young generation with unbelievable loud music in the lobby but the prices are suitable for business men and women, not for the youth
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great Location!"
What an awesome hotel! You are in a great spot, close to good restaurants and nightlife. The rooftop bar has an amazing view of the city and great music. The hotel staff was very welcoming and accommodating. Beds were very comfortable. Can't wait to go back!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great locación. Close to a lot of NYs famous sites"
Amazing! Super friendly and professional Staff. Hotel is very clean. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
ana
"Treated like queens."
I had my girls from Australia come to New York for the first time. We stayed in the silver double. I can not fault this hotel. It's glamour and staff were excellent. The food was amazing. I wished we had more time to be spoilt. The rooftop bar is fab. I love that its downtown and away from Times Sq. Plenty of shopping and lovely restaurants. Would stay again and again. Great for a girls night out and guys.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
Charmaine
"Room next to the pool"
Overall our stay was great, however our room was next to the restaurant and pool area on the second floor, so we could always hear the music and we couldn't open our curtains since people were eating 2 feet away from our window.
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
Cansin Tansug
"Wonderful hotel must stay there"
The stay was great. The staff was excellent and very professional and courteous! The only comment is the inconvenience of getting your vehicle anytime as as often when needed.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Phyllis Y. Moore
"like a mini resort"
I live in the area but was in between apartments and stayed at Dream. What a blast! My last apartment was around the corner, and I couldn't understand all the traffic there. The clubs are fun, and I liked the lounges. No shortage of places to get a drink and relax. The pool isn't the nicest hotel pool I've seen, but it was good enough for some sun bathing. Of course, I love the area, but I barely left the hotel. I dropped a good amount of money there, but it was worth it for the great time!
2 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Carmen
"Dream DT lives up to its name as an experience!"
It was my first trip to New York so I was very picky about the places I chose to spend my time in. I went for fashion week and I knew that the Meatpacking District was the trendiest area in terms of lifestyle and nightlife. I found the hotel online by complete accident and it completely surpassed m expectations. All my friends ended up booking in the same hotel as well and we loved it. PhD which is the in-house club was awesome! The pool was great, food selection in restaurants and room service was delicious and the staff made the experience 10x better with their friendly hospitality and welcoming demeanor. They took such good care of me and I would definitely see myself staying here again.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
D
"What a mess"
We stayed at the Chelsea Downtown Dream property from August 27th to September 1st, 2014. We arrived with high expectations. On the plus side, the staff all looked like they stepped off of a movie set - their friendliness and genuine desire to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. On the minus side, it was a mess. Here’s why. During our first night, we heard shouting, cursing, and just plain rude behavior during the late evening and early morning hours. The noise continued down the hall into a guest room. We notified the front desk and a staff member came up and must have spoken to the party because the noise abated. Night three began quietly except at midnight we awoke to banging on our door. It was housekeeping bringing towels. We didn’t request towels. The person figured it out and went off. About 4:30 am and beyond, loud noises reoccurred in the hallway. Sleep was impossible. Fourth night, it sounded like the cast of Jersey Shores was unleashed onto our floor. Again, sleep was impossible. That night we requested a wake-up call at 8:00 am in order to take breakfast and continue on to the airport for our flight. The call came in at 6:00 am, followed by knocking on our door. We assumed they called the wrong room and fell back to sleep. We awoke in a start at 8:40 am in a bit of a panic.
6 night trip Aug 27, 2014
richard
"Party Place"
Great atmosphere, location and amenities. The pool was great and clean. The location is key you are right in the heart on the night life. Highly recommend
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
the Buchanan's
"Not good for a sound sleep"
I stayed on 11th floor and there was constant music base coming from PhD upstairs. I was there for a business trip so had to work long hours and could not rest at all. In addition to that, fire alarm went off on one night, around 3am and the announcement was not sufficient, I did not understand anything, no clear directions at all. The pool is a huge plus but since it is surrounded by tall structures around, not decent sunlight.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Soner
"Trendy, cool, perfect spot and great service!"
This hotel had a super cool vibe and décor to match. The staff was amazing and when we did have an issue with our room, it was taken care of in an appropriate and timely manor. I would definitely stay here again when in New York. I wish there were more Dream hotels, I would definitely seek them out.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Chanelle
"It's the place to be - if you don't mind a party!"
Nicely appointed rooms, very modern and chic. It's where all the cool kids stay. Up until 2am, running around your hallway, screaming. If you're looking for a party, this is it. If you're looking for sleep, each room has a white noise generator built into it: turn it all the way up.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
"Awesome hotel. Amazing service. Awful guests."
I've encountered some pretty amazing hotels here in the states and abroad, and I have NEVER experienced the kind of posers (guests) that happened to be there while I was. Yes, it's a celebrity hot spot but none of these folks were even close to celebrities, except for in their delusional minds. Luckily, my travel companion and I tuned out the noise of our fellow guests to focus on the pool, the amazing room, awesome food and service thats some of the best service I've experienced. There was also a bit of boo boo smell in the lobby due to some sewage issues. Overall, amazing place.
6 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Darren
"Great Hip hotel close to NYU"
I liked it a lot even though it was a little too hip for me. Top service. They aim to please. You can get a quiet room and you can enjoy the beautiful people in the lobby if you want and just go about your business if you don't. They learn your name and really do make you feel taken care of
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Nice and clean
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Hip Designer Club with a Hotel Upstairs"
Loke some of the W hotels, the rooms are on the small side and even the top room had only a shower. There's a happening club on the lobby entrance level and a happening outdoor pool area all day. So if you're looking for a quiet boutique hotel this will not be the choice. But the rooms were quiet enough on the 11th floor with awesome city views.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Trendy hotel but room is overpriced and not worth the stay
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Kyle Styles
"Party scene"
Very crowded night club is part of hotel. Music blasting non stop 24-7 Not for a quiet couple visiting friends and family in NYC
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Madame36
Room did not come with towels. It was clean but I had to request them. The first night I arrived around 12:30a from SF. I ordered from room service - it took about an hour to deliver french fries and a salad (in spite of a quote of 1/2 hour). Fries were cold and soggy, salad had so much dressing it had wilted from the earlier heat of the fries. It was an $18 meal. Couple across the hall got into a heated argument that lasted 2 hours, likely a carry over from the club that's on the top floor. In the morning, I hit the pool. Again poor service - ordered a coffee that took ~45 mins. Overall a decent hotel but missing simple common sense amenities like a fan (or window) in the bathroom so the room can get a bit muggy. Service is less to be desired. Great location though
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
great MS KHAN at the front desk was great
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
leo
"Excellenty Hotel"
Incredible atmophere. I wanted to check out the Dream Downtown for a while but the first time I had a chance to stay there I was with my daughter. The hotel is very modern and sexy, beautiful layout. I thought it might be awkward to stay at such a hip hotel with just me and my daughter but she had a blast and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They gave her a stuffed animal Sheldon the Sheep when we checked in and sent cookies and milk in an iced champagne bucket that night. I look forward to coming back to stay at Dream Downtown again soon by myself or with friends to enjoy the restaurants and clubs but from what I have seen so far I am very impressed.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Ron Mickiewicz
"expected better"
check in was nice easy and quick but after that it went downhill. the waitresses by the pool were not very professional seemed as if ordering a drink or food was inconveniencing them, charged credit card without bringing a bill. the shower in bathroom had terrible water pressure and lastly when we checked out it took over 40 min to get a bell hop there to pick up bags, had to call 4 times. I'm disappointed cause I expected much better from the reviews I had read and heard about. maybe it was just a bad day for some
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
joe
"Awesome!'"
Everything about Dream was a dream we really appreciate it. But if you need something from housekeeping be prepared to wait awhile.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
"Dream come true!"
Had a very nice work week stay (but rainy) and when the sun came out on Friday couldn't resist extending my stay for 3 days and hanging at the pool over the weekend. Great music, good people, good food, good vibes. Definitley recommend it during any weather!!!
5 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Upon arrival the staff at the front desk was really nice & helpful. Didn't take long to get checked in. The rooftop pool was really nice , good music , good food & drinks. Everything was going great until we tried getting into PhD. The bouncer was a jerk, he said you needed a table or reservation. I think that as a guest of the hotel it should be first come first serve. You pay so much money to stay here to be told you can't even get into a lounge that's apart of the hotel. Very big disappointment. Management needs to look into that.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Mel
"Just okay but pool is good"
Room was inconvenient, with slow light buttons that required learning and only one shower shelf that was wide enough to let soap fall through...this place tries too hard to be trendy and chic at the expense of practicality and ease of use. Too many mirrors, like a carnival fun house, in the room but without full light for makeup. Carpets and furnishings outside the rooms are worn and grubby. Pool area is very nice.
"Close to good food and sites."
Very pleasant accodations. Pleasing staff. Convenient to excellent restaurants and exciting theatre experiences.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Visiting family
"nicr"
A steankmm
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"Great hotel but room walls are way too thin"
I think my subject line sums up my feelings quite well. Outstanding hotel, but horribly designed with paper thin walls. You can hear everything in the next room over. I may try out the Maritime and/or Standard for my next trips. Those are allegedly better sound-proofed.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
bridgeth
"Stayed Up Late, but slept in heaven"
Who knew silver beautiful curtains would end up being the best blackout curtains I've experienced yet. My boyfriend and I had a wonderful sexy night out and coming back to the posh decor of the room just kept the vibe going. The shower is lovely with the frosted glass and warm lighting. The only complaint I had was that the room was toasty warm (in the middle of July. yuck) and took an hour or so to finally cool.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
DannyVintage
"Great way to spend my Birthday."
The location was nice and close to shopping and the high line. The pool was great. The rooftop bar view was breath taking,
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Dream Downtown is for real!"
I live in Brooklyn and booked a mini vacation at the Dream. It was lovely. All of the staff is very friendly and helpful. The main reason I booked this hotel was location and pool and both were perfect. I would wake up early, take a walk and my breakfast on the Highline - I practically had the park to myself! Only suggestion is head to the pool early, even during the week, if you want to get a lounge chair.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great hotel for fun-seeking folks"
If you want a quiet hotel...Dream is not for you. If you want a fun place with great looking people...stay there.
4 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
"worth it"
I was only there for a night but it was a fun night. Nice design, small rooms but it did not matter because they were so well done. Best looking staff and patrons I have ever seen.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2014
dorian
"Fun hotel"
It was a great hotel because of the pool, restaurants and clubs, but the service was ok, the reception was not that friendly and access to the clubs is not guaranteed. We moved to the Ritz but there was no pool. One must pick their battles and I chose the Ritz.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Angelica
"Overall, good"
Very friendly staff, great pool area. If you expect to enjoy the PH lounge at night, be prepared to be sent to the end of the line, in spite of staying at the hotel. This has never happened to me at the Gansevoort meatpacking...
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Natalie
"Wonderful staff that makes for a great stay"
We enjoyed our stay and the hotel overall. Only concern is the noise factor. If you are staying on the second floor the music from the lobby will interfer with your sleep and it goes into the early morning hours. Also if you are staying at the hotel with children the pool policy should be clearer when someone is booking the hotel with a child. We were fortunate that the pool staff was very sweet with our son and flexible because we stayed during the week.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Lilly
"Great place to stay - trendy yet convenient"
I loved the place. I stayed for 24 hours and even did all my business meetings.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Front Desk Awesome - Bartender and Ph-D, terrible!"
First, let me say this: the front desk and the doormen were all topnotch and excellent. They exemplify what a hotel should strive to employ. Our stay was on 6/7/14. However, it cost $90 for three drinks at the hotel bar. The bartender there was too busy schmoozing some guy who said he owned his own jet to have any interest in getting us a drink (there were only three of us at the bar). He purposely ignored us over and over again. He was equally terrible that night. The PH-D club that is in the hotel apparently isn't owned by the hotel. So not only could we not gain entrance into the club because, in my opinion, we weren't some high-rolling European that the "bouncer" kept letting walk on by us. I then tried to give the guy a $20 to help get us in and he laughed right in my face and told me $20 wasn't going to get me anywhere. I was IRATE after that. Thanks for the great anniversary memory. Because of that joker, I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Ever. And we come into the city all the time. Aside from that, the bed was very comfortable. The room was clean. It was very loud on our floor into the early morning.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014
"Disappointing"
We live in New York and booked a night over the holiday weekend to enjoy the pool and relax. The service by the pool was horrible. We ordered drinks and a fruit plate when we first arrived, which took over an hour. There were 1 or 2 waitresses, and one bartender. They made a point of complaining repeatedly how poorly staffed they were. We mentioned this to the front desk, who also made a point of telling us they were understaffed and had been since the opening of the hotel, and that we should complain to management because they have and nothing has changed. When we got to our room, it smelled as if the had been a fire in it. We called and housekeeping was sent to check. We were told it would be de-odorized but we'd have to leave for a few hours, and that there were no other rooms available. We could not leave as we had dinner plans and needed to get ready. We called the front desk and were told there actually were other rooms, and that we would be moved and "upgraded" - the room we were moved to was smaller, and overlooked the street rather than the pool. We were moved to another room on a higher floor when we said we didn't want the smaller room, which faced a building with boarded-up windows and had an extremely small bathroom. We ended up going home for the night and stayed at our own apartment. We came back the next morning to be told we'd be on the "waiting list" for pool chairs. Apparently being a guest at the hotel doesn't make a difference as to whether or not you can actually sit by the pool. The pool staff said we were "welcome to sit on the edge of the pool" - um - thanks? We stayed for a brunch cocktail that we waited 45 minutes for, and again, went home. Major waste of time.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Lively hotel, youthful exuberance! Everything fairly clean and new in the room.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Unfriedly, Loud"
Stayed in this hotel for $500+ per night. We arrived to check-in betweent 4 -5PM ( check-in is 3PM) and were told we had to wait to check-in. We waited in bar area for approximately 45 minutes unitl we could check -in. Once checked in the linens in the room were soiled and the room was in a part of the hotel where you could hear the loud music from the clubs until the early AM. All night long the lobby was full of intoxicated non-hotel people who were entering or attempting to enter the clubs. My 22 year old daughter and her friend went to the Club PHD on the premises and were made to wait in a long line with non-guest in order to enter. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to have a nice relaxing stay in NYC.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Everyone was so ridiculously good looking.
2 night trip May 11, 2014
Sam
"excellent"
fantastic, especially with the awesome lounge on the 12th floor
1 night trip May 1, 2014
Great as always but the fact that they still charge for internet in room could have me looking elsewhere
1 night business trip May 2, 2014