All hotels in Cartagena, Colombia
Calle de las Chancletas Number 10B-39, Cartagena, Bolivar, Colombia, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Great room
"Perfect Home away from home"
This bed and breakfast was magnificent from beginning to end. I loved the hotel owner Marcus and his staff. I was treated like family. I enjoyed the delicious complimentary breakfast daily. They had a jacuzzi on the rooftop which i spent a lot of time in. They have a pet house turtle that walks around as well as 2 house cats. The hotel has a lot of tropical flowers and plants that makes you feel like you're on a vacation. I stayed in a room called La Mer which in my opinion is the best room in the house, especially since there is a secluded bed in the room. The owner was cool and let me invite some lady friends that i met over at no additional cost. They do charge if a guest stays overnight though. I ate at all the local hot spots, visited some landmarks and danced at this cool club called mr babilla. Everyone always worries about Colombia being dangerous but this location is extremely safe, just use common sense and you will be fine. I love the women in Colombia because they are genuinely more friendlier than American women and they actually payed me attention and made me feel loved and welcomed. If you're an older single guy don't worry about talking to younger girls because that's accepted in Colombia. I'm 31 and I met 2 really hot girls that were 19 and 22 and they showed me a great time and I have kept in touch with them by using whatsapp. I will be visiting Colombia again very soon and I would definitely stay at this hotel again
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Jay
"Unique Cartagena expérience......"
I travel a lot (over 100 days per year) and I don't like the big brand hotels. It's because they are all the same. They are convenient and good that I don't get any surprises. But it doesn't have the unique experience and cultural tastes. This hotel in Cartagena was very friendly. I felt like home, very comfortable. Everyday the breakfast is fresh and delicious. There are also two cats in common area and one is super cute and friendly. There's also a tortoise at the hotel. It comes to breakfast table and I used to feed some of my fruit salad. It's beautiful experience. I also liked Getmani neighborhood. Nearby the hotel, there's a plaza where many people gather every night, have beer, hang out with friends. It's very safe area where I can walk anytime of the day and even middle of night. It's a small town. When I got lost on the first day, some random neighbors told me which direction.. that was really funny.
3 night trip Sep 4, 2015
Hyehyeun
"Artistic and special- THE place to stay in Cartage"
This is the place to stay in Cartagena- in a real, vibrant, neighborhood but on a quiet street and an easy walk to the old city. We were warmly welcomed by Marcus who happily shares his beautiful home and love of Cartagena. Everything is artistically beautiful- the rooms luxurious and tastefully and creatively designed. We loved the open air shower! Breakfast was bountiful and delicious- the hot tub and roof deck a charming retreat. Special and romantic. We hope to return! Thank you for a wonderful experience, Joyce & Ira
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Joyce
"Great Hotel!"
excellent hotel - location close to historic area, wonderful service and great breakfasts
3 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Victor
Excellent staff and personalised attention. Great breakfast and friendly tortoises.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"This is the place to stay!"
We had a wonderful stay at Les Lezards, in every way. The room and common spaces were comfortable, clean, and well-appointed. The service was EXCELLENT - Marcus took the time to orient us to Cartagena our first night there, Kelly was always on top of things and also just a generally lovely person, and the women who prepared breakfast and tidied our room were wonderful at their jobs. The extra courtesy of picking us up from the airport was welcome and unexpected. Overall, we couldn't have had a better time. Highest recommendation!
4 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Shannon
I was warmly welcomed to Les Lezards upon my arrival. Although my room was not quite ready, I was treated to coffee and a late breakfast. The B+B is in a charming part of Cartagena and very close to Centro Historico sites and restaurants. I can't wait to visit again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"pictures look better online - narrow and cramped"
pros: the staff is very pleasing and courteous. the owner has fantastic recommendations of things to do in cartagena cons: the pictures online are deceiving. the space is very narrow and cramped. small rooms with no venting/windows/air circulation. no central space (beyond breakfast tables) to relax. hot tub (it's not a pool!) is tiny, and looked a bit dirty
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice Stay"
This was a very pleasant stay for our last few nights in Colombia. The staff was very nice and friendly. Marcus, the owner, was very nice and very helpful. He took the time to sit down with us and show us the good places to eat/drink in the city and also booked us a car for a tour that we wanted to do. Room was very clean and peaceful, and the hotel is located on a quiet street. There is a Jacuzzi on the roof and a small area to get some sunbathing in. It is within walking distance to all the good spots in Cartegena. Also, bonus points for the turtles that cruise around the downstairs area!
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"It's like staying at home"
I stayed at this hotel for four days with my husband, the staff treated us like family. Marcus the owner is very friendly and pleasant person, he told us what things were good to do in Cartagena. Their breakfast is amazing, they serve big breakfast with delicious fresh natural juices which we love. This hostel is located in the center of the city and is surrounded by lots of nice restaurants and bars.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
Gloria

"Cartagena - June 2015"
Everything about this hotel was wonderful. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. Luis was endlessly helpful and kind and Marcus was friendly and welcoming. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.
3 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2015
"Boutique hotel"
The rooms are and common space are unique and beautiful. Great outdoor space. The location is fantastic, short walk into the walled city, with lots of restaurants and bars close by in Getsami.
4 night trip Apr 9, 2015
"Fantastic hidden gem"
From contacting me to offer to pick me up at the airport to lending me a phone to change my flights I received nothing but fantastic service by Marcus and his team at Les Lizards. On arrival, I was made to feel really welcome and Marcus spent ages going over a map of the area showing me the places of interest and as a chef.. the best places to eat! The room was both pretty and unique in style as well as very modern with aircon and top notch home entertainment system, complete with Netflix for those lazy evenings. The breakfast was simple, but nice and all the staff were very helpful and put up with my horrific Spanish. There is also a Hot tub on the roof that you can use 24 hours a day. All in all it was one of the nicest places I have stayed on my travels especially for the money and I would really recommend it to anyone looking for a lovely oasis in the heat of Cartagena!
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Boutique bed and breakfast in Cartagena"
A small and intimate bed and breakfast in area of Cartagena that is undergoing a revitalization .. You will see beautiful restored houses right beside others that need some TLC .. It shows the potential of the area but also the current conditions of some of the houses ... it is a true representation of the area ... It is what it Is ... The area reminds me almost exactly of Camuguay Cuba.. Spend some time at Trinidad square having a drink and people watching in the evening ...very interesting and real not like the homogeneous chain hotels some people spend their holidays at !!!
Carlito
"Tranquil."
Safe location, easy to walk to lots of places to eat, very helpful owner.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Fantastic B& B - great location"
Stayed with 2 friends in a comfortable triple room option (one double one single bed). Getsemani is the perfect location to wander around Cartegena, just a short stroll into the old town - great night life locally as well. Staff are really friendly, limited English, and the B&B has adorable (and again really friendly) resident turtles too! Not a bad word to say!
4 night trip with friends May 31, 2014
Nicole
"under expectations, decent services ghetto accomod"
Uncomfortable, miserable room, unsafe location, hard to reach.
4 night trip Apr 25, 2014
ion
"Les Lezards - Great Hideaway"
I had an absolutely wonderful stay. The owner and staff were fantastic. This is a great little hideaway and also home to the world's most social tortuga.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
D. Ladson
"Great place to experience Cartagena!!"
Owner (Marcus) & his lovely staff could not have been more helpful. They really made our stay in Cartagena meaningful. Everything sparkles with cleanliness. The attention to detail & tasteful & colourful decorating bring out the true flavor of Cartagena providing a great place to relax after a day of sight seeing. Two thumbs up!!
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Debbie
"No TV!"
My only disappointment was that, despite the Expedia description of the rooms available, there was no TV available at all and none of the rooms had a TV set. I had booked my room mainly for this feature. I was advised by the attendant that she would speak to a person, who I took to be the manager. But, nothing came of it. Notwithstanding this issue, there was very good wifi. As well, the breakfast offered was very good and the attendant was pleasant. Overall, however, because of the misleading room description and the failure to follow up on the TV service, I would not recommend this bed and breakfast.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013

"Ótima estadia em Getsemani"
Muito bom hotel, simpático e bem localizado. Café da manhã personalizado, funcionários atenciosos e profissionais (as três moças, o pintor, Luis, Marcos, todos perfeitos, fui muito bem tratado! No apartamento, um verdadeiro tesouro em livros, revistas, dvds, cds, tanto que até falta um pouco de espaço para a bagagem do hóspede! Destaque para o box do chuveiro, protegido pelas árvores e ouvindo o canto dos pássaros. Ah, se um dia eu abrir um hotel, convido Luis para gerente!
2 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Henrique
"Mejor Imposible"
Marcus y su equipo son excelentes, el concepto del hotel es muy agradable, su ubicación perfecta y en trato inspira mucha confianza.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
MX
"Aussergewöhnlich schönes Haus"
Liebevoll eingerichtete Zimmer, ruhiges Ambiente im Innenhof und auf der Dachterrasse, Personal und Besitzer sehr hilfsbereit.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
DE
"Hotel aconchegante e muito agradável, ."
Fomos bem recebidos e tivemos toda atenção que precisamos. Bem localizado conseguimos conhecer tudo caminhando . Pessoal muito gentil . Ambiente bem cuidado e bonita decoração .apesar do calor a vegetação ajudou a tornar o hotel agradável .Marcus o proprietário ficou atento a tudo o que precisamos , orientando sobre os passeios . Recomendamos .
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Jost e Regina
BR
Accueil très sympathique. Chambre très jolie et plus que confortable. Au calme dans le quartier pourtant animé de Getsemani - à quelques minutes des murailles du centre. Juste parfait!!
2 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2014
Christelle
FR
"Una experiencia inolvidable"
En este viaje tuve la oportunidad de quedarme en 3 posadas, de las tres la mejor es Les Lezards!! es un sitio magico, me sorprendió desde la arquitectura del sitio, hasta el trato del personal de servicio, lo recomiendo en esta vida y la otra.
3 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Omar Roa
CO
"excepecional"
Nada a falar de negativo do hotel. Proprietário Marcus muito solícito, todos os funcionários sempre sorridentes e dispostos a ajudar, localização muito boa, próximo ao centro e aos principais pontos turísticos da cidade. Não precisa de taxi, da pra fazer tudo andando. Excelente e 100% recomendado. Quartos limpos e cheirosos e ar condicionado super agradável.
3 night trip May 19, 2014
Thiago
"Tu casa en Cartagena"
Marcos el dueño fue muy amable, fue nuestro guía, atención personalizada, barrio típico y seguro. Pintoresco, a pocos metros del centro histórico!
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Sol, Jul y Vir
"TODO EXCELENTE!!!"
Realmente todo fue excelente!!! No queríamos irnos de la casa de Marcus! Manuela y Epi nos prepararon unos desayunos riquísimos! La casona es divina, repleta de detalles de muy buen gusto e ingenio, todo invita a disfrutar! Las terrazas, los patios, las habitaciones todo muy muy lindo! Nos sentimos como en casa. Marcus, Manuela y Epi siempre nos ayudaron en todo, ya sea en orientarnos en paseos por la ciudad , para trasladarnos a otras localidades y hasta para organizar paseos en la zona del Tayrona. El barrio también es muy lindo y hasta los vecinos son muy copados! Super recomendable!
2 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Cecilia
CO
"Uma excelente opcao"
Tivemos a sensacao de estar em casa! Bem localizado e confortavel. Fomos muito bem recebidos, em especial pelo anfitriao Marcos. Recomendamos!
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Isis
"Volveria mil veces"
Todo impecable desde el primer momento. Manuela y sus desayunos riquísimos, las tortugas que te visitan en el patio todas las mañanas, Marcus que es un anfitrion de lujo y de los que hay pocos, la belleza de terraza, las habitaciones divinas y ese patio que te deja sin palabras.... todo eso hace que uno quiera volver y recomendarlo.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Marian
"MUY RECOMENDABLE"
EXCELENTE, CALIDO, BUENA UBICACION, RICO DESAYUNO, LITERATURA VARIADA, JACUZZI, NO TAN ECONOMICO PERO VALE LA PENA.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Marina
"Um lugar familiar"
Essa pousada é muito agradável. A equipe do hotel muito atenciosa. Indico tranquilamente. Ainda tem um ponto muito importante a localização, da para ir a pé até a cidade muralhada e ainda fica perto de uma pracinha a da Igreja de La trinidad muito divertida, tem vários barzinhos, pizzarias, restaurantes e toda a noite o povo local se junta e fica vendo as atrações apresentadas na frente da igreja.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Cintia
"Best B&B ever!"
We loved the place! It is cozy, beautiful & very clean. The details and the decoration, both in the room and in the rest of the place are beautiful. The service was great. Marcus, the owner, is always ready for answering all your questions, he is always willing to help you with anything at any time. And the two other women working there are the same. We loved everything this place! And the shower (we stayed at room Santorini) was amazing!!!! We recommend this place highly!
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2013
Angela Alcala
SE
"Excelente servicio"
Me atendió el dueño, un francés muy simpático y amable. Recomiendo ir al hotel cuando la intención es salir a caminar por la Ciudad Amurallada y cuando se desea relajar.
2 night trip Dec 2, 2013
Christopher

TripAdvisor reviews for Les Lezards Bed & Breakfast

"Live like a native"
02/07/16 Boontonite Boonton, NJ, USA
My wife and I visited Cartagena for three days in January, 2016. Cartagena is a magical place but be forewarned - it's very touristy. When visiting the city, it is so much better to stay in Getsemani, a quirky and vibrant residential neighborhood that will give you a real taste of what the area is all about. Les Lezards is like the neighborhood - unique and memorable. The stylish B&B blends in perfectly with its environment, making it an ideal base for exploring. Les Lezards is like a green oasis in the city and each day It felt like returning home after a long day of sightseeing. Once behind the B&B's blue door, the bustle of the city faded away and the atmosphere was serene, cool and romantic, especially when sipping wine in the top floor, open air Jacuzzi. The Les Lezards experience is exemplified by Guillermo and Marcus - the host and owner, respectively - both exceedingly friendly and helpful and eager to make sure our stay lived up to our expectations. Overall, a stay here is highly recommended!
"Fabulously friendly"
01/29/16 Karen W
We had a wonderful stay here...it was very clean and comfortable the staff all were delightful. Marcus was helpful in suggestions of restaurants...everything he suggested was perfect. It was very conveniently located and we could easily walk around the city from there. It is small and cosy and we found that we ended up chatting to a lot of other guests which made for a much more interesting time. The breakfasts were varied and delicious and the freshly made juice smoothies every morning were wonderful....am really missing those now back in the cold climate of home. Large flat screen tv in the room...which we only used to watch one football game were a surprise. The roof garden with hot tub really pleasant later in the day when the su went down and the breezes picked up. Highly recommend it.
"WHAT THE HECK????"
01/27/16 rosieposie8785 Bozeman, Montana
Les Lezards is the most amazing place in Cartagena, and I'll tell you why. MARCUS!! Marcus was the most incredible and gracious host to my boyfriend and me...and we weren't even staying there! Our friends were staying there, and we were staying down the street. Marcus treated us like his own, and we were allowed to come and go with our friends as we pleased. On the morning of our departure, Marcus set up a bus pick-up for all four of us, not just the two staying with him. He was the perfect gentlemen...kind, generous, knowledgeable, and witty. Marcus aside...the place itself is gorgeous! It's like a little jungle when you walk in and maneuver your way to the kitchen/dining room...then up these sweet spiral stairs to the rooftop where our friends were staying. The cats are rad....you can watch them climb around on the surrounding roofs like a playground. The flowers and fruit trees are amazing! Next time we're in Cartagena, we're staying with Marcus!
"Cozy B&B in a vibrant neighborhood"
01/26/16 tayie83 Brooklyn, New York
Really enjoyed our stay at Les Lezards. First off, I would recommend the Getsemani area to anyone staying in Cartagena. It's residential but yet still very colorful and vibrant. Our street was pretty quiet at night. We stayed in the Mexico room which was nicely decorated, with its own "outdoor" shower. The house felt like an oasis, especially after a long day sightseeing. The staff, including Guillermo our host, was wonderful. We were served a lovely breakfast every morning (eggs, juice, fruits, occasionally meat). Great room service. On arrival, we were given a useful little map which included most of their recommendations (activities, restaurants) for the city. Overall, we had a lovely experience from our stay at the Romantic Guesthouse
"Amazing B&B in amazing area!"
01/23/16 GretaDawn Bozeman, Montana
We stayed three nights here in the top room. Loved every second of it! Peaceful outdoor space, delicious breakfast, amazing host and staff and situatated in a perfect location. Marcus and Luis were extreemly helpful before arrival and during and always beamed positivity. The room was incredible and the view from tghe outdoor shower unbeatable. Getsemani is a vibrant and remarkably beautiful area. Highly recommend staying here!
"Nice B&B in a cute and central part of the city"
01/13/16 emily m
Nice B&B in a cute and central part of the city. When we checked in, we were given a lengthy tutorial on the room, B&B, and most importantly, the neighborhood and city. Lots of recommendations for where to visit, eat, dance while in Cartagena. Breakfast was fine, nothing extraordinary, but good for value. Only complaint is that our room was next to the kitchen and very loud when people were having breakfast early.
"Really nice"
01/11/16 Thelastdodo2 London, United Kingdom
We stayed two nights here as a treat for my boyfriend's birthday, and wished it could have been longer! The house is lovely - only small, with 5 or 6 rooms and lots of plants and trees everywhere outside. Mangoes were always falling from the tree outside our room! There are 2 pet cats and apparently 2 tortoises too (we only saw 1!). It was a very relaxing place to stay and we loved the jacuzzi on the roof terrace. It is cold when you get in but soon warms up, and the cold is very welcome in the heat of Cartagena anyway! The hostel location is good - in the heart of Getsemani, but quite quiet at night. There was some loud music nearby on Sat night, but even then the sound insulation here was better than most places we've stayed. Our room was the Provence one, and was really nice. Not your average hotel room at all but with so much character and unusual touches. We loved that all available surfaces and shelves were full of books, magazines and DVDs! The room was small at first glance but actually like a little tower, with bathroom upstairs. The semi-outdoor shower was fantastic (and had hot water, unlike a lot of places in Cartagena). Air con in the room worked well, as did wifi. Breakfast was included and was great on both days. There was always fresh fruit, coffee and juice, plus extras - on the second day we got to try egg arepas. Only negative was a slight bad smell from the drains in the bathroom - but this seems to be a problem in a lot of places in Colombia. Also it is quite expensive, but we were here in high season and at a weekend, and everywhere else seemed to be equally high prices. Worth it to stay at such a nice place. Thanks Marcus!
"Everything we expected"
01/11/16 ebenezer15 Freeport, Illinois
WE stayed here for five nights in early January. Marcus and Luis were both very helpful and always smiling. Great AC in rooms and we of course enjoyed the cats and turtles. The thing I appreciated most was Marcus was there at 4 am with coffee and calling us a taxi for our 4:30 a.m. departure to the airport. He had some great recommendations for dinners also, that we appreciated.
"EPIC"
01/05/16 FunDad1965 Santa Clara, California
Les Lezards is fantastic! Personal service (picked up at airport), we arrived late, Marcus waited for us, sat us down at his kitchen table, explained everything. Recommended a restaurant that was excellent and a nightclub with a Live Salsa Band (actually they had 2 bands). Staying here felt like traveling should feel - AUTHENTIC! Breakfast was very tasty, I asked for fried eggs, I received 3 delicious fried eggs. The bacon was thick & the mango juice was incredible. Loved our shower, no ceiling, great feel to showering outdoors (sort of outdoors). AC was very strong, bed was comfy. The entire B & B is clean. I appreciate cleanliness & this place is clean. Location is PERFECT! Only a few minutes walk to all sorts of fun places. The Walled City, built in the 1500s, is where to be. Thank you Marcus, your passion for you B & B is clearly evident in how you run your place.
"My home in Cartagena"
12/29/15 Abigail C
Les Lezards is located in the best area of Cartagena. The Getsemani is a colorful, family neighborhood with no lack of street food, bars and restaurants. The house itself is beautiful, a natural layout which is very relaxing. Our room was always clean and we enjoyed having an open shower. There are two roof decks, one with a small jacuzzi and another which is perfect for sunset. Among other guests are two lovely house cats and two very social turtles. Marcus and his entire staff were incredibly friendly, accommodating and helpful. We looked forward to every breakfast, not only because it was always delicious, but also because we enjoyed talking to Marcus and Luis. They were able to arrange a couple of day trips for us and it is always helpful to have the opinion of a local. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking for a B&B in Cartagena, and especially to those looking for an alternative to a high-rise hotel in an touristy area. Be sure to stop by the Plaza Trinidad, just around the corner, where locals and travelers come to simply enjoy their surroundings. Never a dull moment. Thank you Les Lezards!