All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here51 Soi Ruamrudee, Phloenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

5 night trip Oct 17, 2012

JP

TripAdvisor reviews for The AETAS residence

"City life"
04/26/15 LucaDea Milan, Italy
I've been in this hotel for three nights just arrived in Bangkok and I think it is a perfect choice if you like staying in a central location but not only in a touristic neighborhood. Pretty close to the sky train station, just ten minutes walk, very useful for you to easily reach the sian paragon shopping center, two stops, were to find every kind of restaurant in the food court, or the Chatuchak market in the weekend. Remember that the train is really the fastest way to move around in Bangkok as taxis are always slow in the incredible city traffic. Breakfast in the hotel is good with great choices even for a standard western continental breakfast. The swimming pool is a perfect place to rest after a long day walking around the city.
"One of Best"
04/11/15 karan104 Chandigarh, India
Me and my wife stayed at this hotel from 11 march to 13 march. Initially we booked for AETAS BANGKOK which is sister concern of this hotel,but to our heavenly surprise they upgraded our stay to AETAS residence with 2 bedroom suite as they come to knew that we are travelling as honeymoon couple.Everything during stay was perfect. They decorated the whole suite very well for honeymoon,Presented us complimentary cake to cut.Since this hotel is 10 min from BRT,they offered complimentary SUV to take us to nearest BRT. Regarding breakfast,although there are lot of varieties but for vegeterians, variety is very less but on our request they specially prepared veg food for us. Staff was very responsive and softspoken. Overall our experience was best and i would love to visit this beautiful property again
"Suitable for long term stay, but a little far from BTS"
04/04/15 AidaHarun Bangkok, Thailand
We stayed in the AETAS residence for a duration of about a week - we have actually just checked out earlier today. Review as follows: Location : The AETAS residence is situated on a cozy road by the name of Soi Ruam Rudee 3. It is about 7-10 minutes walk (at a steady pace) from the Ploenchit BTS to the residence. This was probably the only major setback which may cause people to favour Novotel Ploenchit over the AETAS given that Novotel is located directly just off the BTS station. However if you don't mind the walk, then this may not be such an issue for you. If you walk from the Ploenchit BTS to the residence, you will pass a big 7-11 outlet, some nice cafes, Japanese restaurants (pricey from the looks of it) and there is also a French restaurant right next to the hotel. I walked a couple of times back from the BTS station to the hotel and I found it to be alright provided you don't have a lot of things with you and provided the weather isn't so hot, otherwise you might feel that it is a bit of a wallk. I must mention that the residence does provide free shuttle/tuk-tuk service to and from the Ploenchit BTS, if you call the number they provide, they can come and fetch you from the BTS and you would just need to wait about 5-7 minutes for the ride to come. So in this way they do try their best to ensure your convenience whilst staying in the residence. About 3 minutes walk from the residence (across the road) is a small complex called the All Season's Place where you can find a food supermarket with a good variety of food (including halal chicken and beef!) and a Boots outlet, as well as some eateries and restaurants. So all in all, location is very good if you don't mind the walk to and from the BTS (or the wait for the ride to come). For single women it may not be such a safe choice to walk at night from the BTS, recommend you take a taxi or a tuk-tuk which can deliver you safely to the door step of the residence. Room - we booked a studio room and I must say the room was quite a delight to stay in - it was spacious, comfy and very clean. We were very satisfied and comfortable during the entire duration of our stay. It had a well-equipped kitchenette, a washing machine cum dryer (but no detergent provided, you have to use your own) , a microwave, an iron and ironing board, comfy room slippers, a small dining table for two, a working desk wiht a nice lamp, kettle and tea and coffee-making facilities, a flat screen tv, a dvd player (which we didn't use at all unfortunately), light dimmer and all kinds of bathroom amenities you can think of (razor, nail file, shower cap, shampoo, lotion, shower gel, dental kit) which were replenished daily. Bathroom also very nice, there is a bidet toilet, and separate bath and shower area. Water pressure was very good, no problems there at all. The bedding was of very good quality and luxurious, you feel so pampered just being under the covers! One minus point about the room is probably the air-conditioning though. We had problems with the temperature of the room - it was either too cold or too warm...couldn't seem to adjust to make the temperature just right - not sure if its a problem with the AC or just us....I did find it so cold at night and the bedding though comfortable was not very warm...but when I brought the temperature up it was often too warm...this caused me to lose some sleep quite a few nights whilst staying at the residence. Another issue I had was with the lack of space in the kitchenette to cook - the electric stove was right next to the sink and the sink was right next to the microwave, hence there is very little space to prepare the food for cooking i.e. to chop and to put bowls etc...you have to be very mindful of space usage when cooking. Other than that, the studio made for a very pleasant one week stay, and I can imagine staying for longer comfortably in the residence. They also provide luggage storage service at no cost. No problems with the free wi-fi in the room although you would need to keep getting connected (without having to reinput the password fortunately). Service - Very good. Courteous, friendly and most importantly responsive with an effort to be helpful. Although as is usual for Bangkok hotels, the standard of English of the staff is limited, which can cause some problems with communication, this didn't cause any major hassle at all for us during our stay. The residence also has 24-hours room service - on our last night stay there we had a craving for something sweet and we were too lazy to make our way to 7-11 so we ordered some chocolate ice cream (delicious) and a lemon penna cotta with raspberry sauce ( super delicious!) to satisfy our craving. The food arrived in less than 10 minutes, very good indeed. Facilities - Very nice swimming pool. Not too big, nice for a morning lap. They also have a gym and sauna which looked great but which I didnt' have a chance to use during the week's stay. Both on the 3rd floor of the residence. We sent my husband's working clothes for laundry and it came back on the same day, but we found that the work shirts were too starched although we didn't request for starch in the laundry form. This was a bit of a problem for my husband so I had to re-wash the shirts to be soft again - so you may want to specify 'no starch' (if you don't want them) for the laundry you send here. Breakfast - Our room didn't come with breakfast, but we paid for breakfast on one of the mornings during our stay - it cost about approximately 450 baht per pax. Very good variety - they had japanese soup, noodles, eggs, salad and fruit bar, bread and pastries counter, cereals counter, sushi, waffle, juices and they will serve you with either tea or coffee depending on your choice. We enjoyed the delicious spread in restaurant situated on level 3 (same floor with the pool and the gym). Overall, I would say this is a good choice for a place to stay in Bangkok, it is value for money - only down side really is that it is not as near the BTS as I would like it to be, other than that, we were thoroughly pleased with our stay here.
"Decent room, average service"
04/03/15 AngmohofArabia Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
They could not find my booking upon checkin. After a while 6 were working on my case, and after 20 minutes of waiting I was told:"Come back 30 minutes" ( I guess they meant: we apologize, but it will take another 30 minutes until your room is ready). The room was well equipped, with a nice large bathroom. My request to have a room away from the lift landing was ignored, was placed right next to the lift. The ac had a noisy fan, and the compressor on the balcony could be heard as well. Overall, ok, but I will not come back for another stay.
"EXCELLENT EXTENDED STAY"
03/24/15 Alexandertanker
I stayed at this property from December 2014 through February 2015 while living in Bangkok on business. I was very pleased with my studio suite and the entire property. Beautiful pool and fitness center. Breakfast was good variety and excellent service. Even the room service food was delicious! The concierge service was OUTSTANDING - probably the best that I experienced throughout my 6 months in SE Asia. The head concierge, who goes by "Golf" was a true professional and went out of his way to make my stay at the property as comfortable as possible. He even gave me free tickets to Thai Fight event! I would definitely recommend this property due to their great service and accommodations. I also suggest that you get to know Golf and the rest of the concierges because they are a very helpful bunch who will do anything to enhance the quality of your stay!
"Excellent accommodations "
03/19/15 Lena S
What a beautiful hotel ! We had 4 people in our group and they upgraded us to a suite ! The receptionist was extremely helpful , they prepared our breakfast / lunch to go because of an early tour , fabulous ! The staff spoke English and we're extremely attentive. Book a massage upon arrival to get rid of the knots from a long flight ! Beautiful spa ! Lots of toiletries provided. Cold water bottles in the fridge ! I love this hotel and I'd stay here again !
"Huge rooms...nice location. ..overall quite satisfactory"
03/11/15 darshit_shah Ahmedabad, India
We stayed in a one bedroom suite...it was huge with all amenities like oven..cookin stove..washin machine..fridge..etc...we loved the room...breakfast was also good...overall we had a great stay at aetas residence. ..
"Fantastic location, huge rooms, great service"
03/03/15 816Lucy2012 Melbourne, Australia
Really enjoyed my 4 night stay at Aestas Residences. Found the hotel to be in a very good location near to Phloen Chit BTS station. Whilst easy to get around, the hotel was not noisy at all. Perhaps the only slight downside was that I found the AC to be fairly loud over night. Great buffet breakfast, nice pool, fast internet connection.
"Smart business hotel, full amenties, in good location"
03/01/15 citymusiclover Brooklyn, New York
Modernly appointed hotel with a comfortable bed, small kitchen, washer and large bathroom. Rooms have balconies and city views. The building has a very nice gym and outdoor pool. The breakfast was ample with a lot of international variety. Service was good, as was the wifi and room service. The neighborhood was safe to walk around, near many embassies, with different restaurants and cafes within walking distance. Public transport was close by also - note that traffic can be quite congested there, particularly during rush hour. About 30-45 min to either airport (perhaps longer during rush hour). Overall, very satisfied- would highly recommend for business travelers.
"Superb Residence and Hotel"
02/01/15 Leon K Munich, Germany
The Aetas Residence, which is only meters away from the Hotel itself, does not only stand out with its excellent location right near big hotels like the Conrad and Le Meridien, but also because of its wonderful rooms. Something that made our stay in January 2015 even more desirable and comfortable was the kind, attentive Concierge Thanasak, which strived to keep us well informed and provided us with any sort of service, no matter if transport or shopping, that we needed. Truly a Concierge at Heart and a nice Hotel.