All hotels in Jamaica, New York, United States of America
177-08 Liberty Ave, Jamaica, NY, 11433, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
Hotel was quiet and comfortable. Convenient shuttle ride from JFK. No restaurants near hotel. Does offer shuttle service to subway to go into Manhattan.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"No shuttle to airport"
Endless "shuttle will arrive shortly"(waited 1.5 hours) I asked for a taxi and they sent a guy on private car who took 1.5 times more than actual taxi costs
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Andrei
nice
Response by Sleep Inn JFK Airport
So glad you chose to stay with us! We also appreciate taking the time to fill out the online survey. We strive to make sure guest's enjoy the their stay. We take pleasure in knowing you were comfortable and appreciative of our hospitality. Looking forward to your next visit.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Elvia de
"As hoped for"
Great experience.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"Not a good neighborhood. No place to eat."
It was an ok kind of experience. The biggest disadvantage is no place either in the hotel or outside to dine.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Dua
"Convenient to JFK"
We were arriving by train and had to fly out the next morning. Hotel picked us up at the Jamaica train station and took us to the airport the next morning. Staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks, Monica for all your help.
Response by Sleep Inn JFK Airport
Very pleased you chose to stay with us! We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Annette
"overnight for early flight at JFK"
This Sleep Inn is at Liberty Ave., which is not the sleep inn at @Rockaway Blvd, so is not so close to JFK. Hotel is OK for a short stay, but the shuttle service isn't. Only one shuttle per hour, and it takes maybe 30 more min to the JFK, and you still have to take the air train to your terminal. Expecting 1 hour to get to your checking counter.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
s
"We had to wait for shattle bus long time."
We were satisfied with the service of the hotel. We called at the hotel from outside by public phone so many times at night. But no one answered to my call at night time.
Response by Sleep Inn JFK Airport
So very glad you chose to stay with us! We appreciate taking the time to fill out the online survey. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the long wait for the shuttle? We will continue to make improvements to prevent this from happening again. We strive to make sure guest's enjoy the their stay. We take pleasure in knowing you were comfortable and appreciative of our hospitality. Hope your think of us when your visiting NY again.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
"Skip this hotel"
Cramped quarters and terrible neighborhood. No where to eat dinner if walking. Hotel breakfast was good.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"I was satisfied with the breakfast."
When I called to the hotel by public phone so many times at night, no one replied to my call. So I had to go by taxi to the hotel.
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Kaaa
"Very good"
The room clean,comfort bed,good service,close to JFK,free breakfast,shuttle bus,only the area doesn't look very nice
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Giuseppe
"Clean and nice!"
Nice clean hotel, with convenient shuttle service from the JFK. Short distance from the hotel to the NYC metro system.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Espen and Weronika
"Nice, affordable hotel"
Although the area isn't the best, and I am definitely NOT a city person, this hotel was a great choice for a quick overnight.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Maria
"Good bargain for last minute stay"
Hotel very satisfactory. Rooms are small but adequate.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Pete
"Middle of nowhere"
Yet it was most certainly one of the cleanest and well-kept hotels I've been in. Service was pleasant and noise in the building and outside were minimal. I would definitely consider staying there again.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
M.Y.A.
"Great location to public transit"
Great friendly front desk service. Breakfast until 10 am a plus. Walking distance to public transit. Shuttle service a plus. Used it everyday of our 3 day stay. Very clean and comfortable. Neighborhood is very working class and not many restaurants around. Great blockout curtains. Would definately stay again.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Rene
"Nice Hotel, terrible shuttle service"
The hotel was what I had expected for a short stay from 3 pm to 2 am, small room, clean, good bathroom, a place to rest. I reserved 4 rooms for my family (8 people). The only problem that I had and I specifically searched was if it has Shuttle from the Airport. The shuttle is from 3 pm on, we arrived at 2 pm and the Hotel said to call them back by 3 pm. When I called back after 1 hour at the airport, they told me to go to the Rental and Hotel Shuttle station (Federal) and call them again from there. When I called back about 3:30 pm they said that they were going to send the shuttle, it arrived by 4:10 pm and took us to the hotel, was a 30 min drive i back roads. I notified this info to the rest of my family that was arriving at 7:30 pm and they took less time to do it. When I requested the shuttle for 2 am, they said that they did not provide that service until 7 am. I have to pay for a couple of taxis ($90) to go to the airport at that time. It will be good to identify the shuttle running times for a person take a decision.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Louise
"Basic"
OK for a basic overnight coming or going from JFK. Not as close to the airport as advertised. Did not use the shuttle service so cannot comment on that. Surrounding neighborhood pretty dicey. Room was ok. Breakfast pretty substantial.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Nice Airport Hotel!"
The room was very comfortable. The shuttle service was reliable. The staff was friendly. Especially, Monica, she was great. (I hope that is her name, sometimes I forget these things).
Response by Sleep Inn JFK Airport
So glad you chose to stay with us! We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
TRose
"Close to St. Johns University, Queens, NY"
Hotel staff very friendly and have a will do/can do attitude. Awesome! The outside area not the greatest but the staff hospitality won me over. I will be back!!!!!
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
CMU2016
"Hotel in a seemingly suburban neighborhood."
It was short 5 hour stay for my family to rest for the next leg of trips in the US after a long trip from Europe. They pretty much have everything worked out from where to get a pizza delivered asap, wifi password, and everything that you would possibly need when you enter your room.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
I enjoyed my stay again, however the maid service wasn't as prompt as the last time I stayed. Two days house keeping didnt come and I had to request towels. other than that, they were able to give me what i needed. I would stay here again
4 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
"Not what we're used to in airport hotels"
We entered the lobby through an unmarked entrance that turned out to be the main entrance.the lobby was tiny and smelled like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. When we left the elevator and walked down the hall toward our room, I was overwhelmed by the musty, dirty odor coming from the carpet and was about to turn around and leave without even looking at our room. Glad I did--the condition of the room was quite good. We had trouble sleeping because of the constant traffic all night and the proximity of the trains. The hotel is farther from the airport than I expected and its location in an actual neighborhood accounted for much of the noise. Next time I'll pay a little more and hopefully have a better experience.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Great for one night stay near JFK"
Good hotel about 10 miles from JFK.
1 night family trip May 23, 2014
The transportation from the airport was bad as we were a late arrival. We told them about this on the form when applying. No transport Fisrt rm. assigned was non smoking and there was smoation to hotel from Airportke smelling. Had to move didn't get much sleep as noise from street. The lady for breakfast was great and the food was nice. Location not good but not far from airport
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Gay
"satisfactory hotel"
ok only for overnight stay, and if your expectations are at minimum. This may be an unfair review since I was returning from a vacation in London and Paris, and I did stay in hotels during that time. My purpose for choosing this particular hotel, Sleep Inn, literally only to recover from the long trip and anticipate another flight home to Buffalo, NY.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
connie
"Hotel OK but shuttle terrible"
Arrived 11 PM, staff busy and tok time to get checked in. Needed 6 PM shuttle. Was in lobby where front desk told me to wait, but shuttle left from curb without checkin. Missed shuttle which put me in real pinch for connection. Room OK but not very clean.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Lica
"Good location for JFK"
Good hotel with very helpful staff, just be aware you have to call to get the shuttle from the airport, most of the other hotel shuttles come around every 15 minutes this one takes 30+mins to arrive. Otherwise nice place.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Rip Off"
It cost me 60 dollars to get a taxi when i was to be picked up and picked up to be taken to Airport. when it was to be free pick up. and I was not near the Airport.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
monavie
"Sleep Inn Jamaica"
The neighborhood didn't appear to be very good. The room was very small and cramped feeling. The hotel overall is very clean. The shuttle service and staff are very good. The continental breakfast was excellent. A couple of times when I called back to the hotel to arrange a shuttle pickup it took several calls to get an answer.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Eddie
"Airport shuttle/neighborhood"
The airport shuttle doesn't run 1-3, I had a brutal wait for 2 hours. The hotel and staff a very nice but the neighborhood scared me, don't go there.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Clean, Noisy, Rough Neighborhood"
Hotel was clean, not enough on site parking, not the neighborhood to explore
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Great Hotel. Horrible neighborhood."
Everything was very clean and taken care of. The breakfast was great for a free breakfast (much more than I expected). The shuttle to and from the airport was wonderful and they even offered to shuttle us to a few restaurants. Every question or concern we brought to the front desk was handled with great service. The room was a tad bit on the small side and the desk chair made it hard to get around the bed without bumping your toe in the middle of the night (I'm not ever sure why they put it there...as you can barely sit in it. Short walk to the subway station was awesome and close to Belmont Park (3.4 miles). However...the neighborhood was rough. There's not a thing to eat in a 1 mile radius except for Popeyes. All of the restaurants were closed each time I walked by. It's a rough neighborhood with not a lot going for it (not the worst I've seen, but up there). Thank goodness there's several places to order in...if you stay here...plan on ordering in if you're not going to take the shuttle to a few restaurants they offer the service for or if you're not going into the city. If you're looking for a nice place to stay that's cheaper and fairly convenient to the subway or Belmont Park it's great. If you want to walk around your neighborhood and soak up NY...pass on it.
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
Rachel
Good hotel for an overnight. Not a good location if you want to go out. Shuttle from hotel is limited and will take you around neighborhood. Also, shuttle to airport will not work before 5 AM. Be prepare to take a taxi if your flight leaves early. About $30.00 to airport.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Angel
"Affordable, Near the airport."
Great hotel for its price. I stayed a few nights so I can explore NYC before my flight, and while it was quite a chore getting my luggage to the hotel, I have almost no problem afterwards. If you're staying, remember you can call for the free shuttle at the subway station to save that walk from the station to the hotel! Definitely would consider staying again, strongly recommended. The only problem would be the neighborhood, I definitely did not feel comfortable staying outside any later than 9pm.
2 night trip May 15, 2014
The hotel looked good. I almost forgot how much money I spent for it. It looked a little luxurious. It was cleaned and straightened up proper and looked fancy.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Eezy
"Pleasant"
Check in and out was a breeze front desk very helpful my only issue is room service is a little too early for my taste
3 night trip May 23, 2014
Ike W
"pretty good for the price"
with a free airport shuttle, free breakfast, free wi-fi, and well equipped comfortable rooms, this is a pretty good deal.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Fred
"Nasty area and noisy hotel"
Very noisy. Train tracks next to hotel. Car noisy all night. Bad neighborhood. Airport transportation drops passengers at AirTran then you spend 15 minutes to get to terminals. Will never stay at this hotel again
Other trip May 9, 2014
jerry
"Nice place great service"
My husband and I stayed there for a 20 hr layover. The hotel shuttle promptly picked us up at the airport and transported us to and from the subway station so we could see Manhattan for the short while we stayed. The room was clean and nice. Breakfast was good and filling. The staff were friendly and helpful. They held our bags for us while we were exploring the town since check out was at 11 and our plane didn't leave till 530. The only thing that I would say they need to change is the shuttle times. The shuttle doesn't run after 12-3. So to be safe we left for the airport at 12. Oh and it's only 15 min to 25 min from the airport which is nice.
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Ariel
"Just needed an airport hotel and this one is. Abit"
Only slept overnight with a very late checkin. Staff very accommodating. Breakfast good
Other trip May 6, 2014
darci
"Just needed an airport hotel and this one is. Abit"
Other trip May 6, 2014
darci
"sleep only at sleep inn"
was OK. amenities were sufficient for stop-over to/from JFK and final destination; room was small, but cozy, ok. not a problem. neighborhood was shaky, shaky, shaky,; whenever your view of the morning sun is obstructed by bars over your windows is a clue you might not be in the safest of areas. not one thing happened to us while we were there, but an eery, "quite before the storm" kind of vibe was on the place. also, thought it was much closer to JFK than it turned out. 8-10 miles was too much; shuttle driver was good guy.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Glenn
"no restaurants within walking distance"
Hotel was very new and clean. But it is located in a completely residential area so there are no restaurants w/in walking distance. The only option is to order in from 3 restaurants found in the room directory. The shuttle to the airport was prompt but unlike other hotel shuttles, they will not drop you off at your airline terminal. This is a real time saver given the size of JFK.They will only do pickups & drop offs at the general shuttle station . We were not informed of this at the time of booking.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"nice hotel"
No weigth in the fitness room but nice hotel at all
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
will
",,airport 15minute shuttle ride"
Hotel ok. Shuttle wait at airport 20 minutes, ride 15 minutes. Neighbors not too good. Would not stay again.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
Tim B
"Great for temporary stay"
Clean room, great house keeping. Not in the most desirable location. Parking was an issue, had to park on the street 2 out of the 4 nights. Read the parking sign incorrectly and got a ticket. Read street signs very carefully. Breakfast was decent, waffles, bagels, muffins, yogurt, fruits and fruit juice.
4 night trip Apr 6, 2014
"Ok"
T was OK not bad for the price. Nice decorations and paintings.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
shelly
"Run down part of town, don't go out at night."
Hotel quoted much cheaper rates while I was at the counter. Rates of $105.52 including taxes, I paid much more. Had sixteen rooms at this rate, same as mine.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Buster
Great hotel. Surrounding area is not very nice. Pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Was pretty nervous driving up to the hotel based on the neighborhood.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014