All hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereAusturstraeti 6, Reykjavik, 101, Iceland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to restaurants, bars, and tour pickup locati"
Service was great! Farouk was awesome, as well as the rest of the staff. Farouk went out of his way to take care of myself and my fiance. He really made our trip memorable. When we come back to Iceland, we're definitely staying at City Center Hotel! Clean, microbar behind lobby, decent sized rooms.
5 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
Andrea
"A diamond of a hotel in a wonderful gem of a city"
Our stay was perfect. The general manager was one of the most professional and customer serviced-oriented I have had the pleasure of meeting. The staff was friendly and the morning breakfast service wonderful.
5 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
David-Kevin Bryant
"Nice hotel, good location, helpful staff"
City Center has a good location within walking distance to lots of bars, restaurants, & shops. The staff was extremely helpful, were always willing to call tour companies, make reservations, loan umbrellas, etc. Room was nice & large by European standards, had a big balcony, & I was surprised at how big the bathroom was (we had a double room.) Def recommend!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Erika
"Great hotel in the heart of Reykjavik"
My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The room was on the 6th floor overlooking the main strip and a beautiful view of the mountains in the background. The room facilities were great. The bed was pushed together and very comfortable. There was ample room to put all of our things and the refrigerator came in handy. The staff was extremely helpful, let us check in early, gave us recommendations on places to eat in town and even just had some pleasant conversations with us. The only thing I would suggest is to bring some ear plugs for Saturday nights. There is a very popular club across the street and it gets noisy Saturday until the early hours of the morning. It was just the one night and I have seen that other guests merely just ask for a room in the back. Or if you like to party, this is a perfect hotel since the hottest club is right across the street lol. The noise was not bad enough that it would deter me from staying here again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Amber
"Great location!!"
The sulfur water was awful but that seems to be very common in iceland. Bring your own hair dryer it's impossible to dry your hair with their hair dryer as it always stops working in about 5 min and then it takes another 10 min for it to reset so that you can use it again. The staff was awesome! Very nice and very accommodating!
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Convenient location with great staff"
Very centrally-located hotel, which was great since we didn't have a car. Located very close to the Iceland Excursions office, which was also great since we scheduled most of our trips through them. Room itself was nice and clean. They provide some toiletries like shampoo, body wash, toothbrush, shower cap, cotton balls, etc. Also had a small refrigerator (however, you need to use your key to power the room, so if you leave and take your key with you = no power to the fridge), a hot water pot, tea and teabags and mugs. It also had a TV that we didn't use. Staff was excellent -- very friendly and informative, looked up information for us when we needed it, staffed around the clock, and check-in was very accommodating of our strange hours (given that we were out looking for Northern Lights multiple nights).
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"I would choose this hotel again"
This hotel was the perfect location. Near the tour company, near great restaurants, and an easy walk to both the harbor and the downtown shops. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were nice.
4 night trip Jan 30, 2014
"Great Location, Great Hotel Staff"
The City Center Hotel was a great experience it was centrally located. and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the heart of town! Staff was very helpful and friendly. I will be staying there when I return to Iceland.
4 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2014
Pierre
"Centrally located"
The location was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room size was smaller than most American hotels. The breakfast option was very handy. Couple of good cafes around this hotel as well in case you prefer not to have breakfast in the hotel.
6 night trip Jan 16, 2014
"Great location, nice hotel,"
Great location for clubs, resturants and tour bus station. The hotel was nice but I think they should have free breakfast. They should have warned us that the hot water smells like sulphur.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
"Great Location if You Don't Mind a Little Noise"
Centrally located and extremely helpful staff. My room was fairly small, but that's common for Europe in general. Also, if you stay over a weekend, be prepared for loud music and sounds of revelry until about 4 a.m. I didn't mind, but noise canceling headphones are a good idea for early birds.
6 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Very nice for our needs!
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Great location, nice hotel"
We can't imagine a better location. Only about 30 rooms so it's intimate but professionally run. Close to excellent restaurants, easy walk to harbor, Hampa, shopping district. Rooms aren't huge but they're well laid out. Breakfast is reliable. Staff is extremely helpful and as attentive (or not) as you prefer. Our double room had king mattress but two twin sized down comforters that seemed odd at first but we're really great - warm but ventilated and we didn't disturb each other when we moved. Closet had annoyingly loud iron handles that clanged when moved but that's a very minor complaint. We would definitely book again if we return.
8 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
Joyce
The hotel is located just perfectly in the middle of the city! Extremely satisfied and happy about our stay. It's highly recommendable.
4 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2013
ET & MT
"A winner"
Great staff and great location.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Small room but..."
Nice hotel in a great location. Walk everywhere. Rooms are nice and clean but a bit on the small side.
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
"Excellent hotel"
I love my stay in City Center Hotel. The personal was so nice at any time.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Ali G.
"Nice Room"
the hotel is located in an excellent area. I was impressed with the quality of the furnishings of my room as well as the décor. Breakfast is also highly to recommend, it is worth the extra money. Hopefully I can return soon!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Curtis
"Well-located hotel with fine staff."
Happy we chose City Center hotel. Loved their location in the real city center. Parks on either side. Lots of restaurants. Could walk anywhere we wanted. Room was ready before check-in. Quiet. Slept well in their nice beds.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Joy
"Simple and convenient"
Simple hotel at perfect location in the centre of the city. Lots of good restaurants in the vicinity, short walk to harbour, museums, opera, airport bus. Small room, very good breakfast. Saturday night was noisy, but that is Reykjavik.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Juha
This was a charming boutique hotel and I would highly recommend it.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013
"Close to everything!"
I had a very pleasant stay at City Center Hotel. The front desk concierge was very helpful with all of my questions. My room was small and faced the street; despite reading many reviews about the noisy bar scene (City Center Hotel is on the same block and across the street from a number of big clubs/bars), I slept well. I come from the hustle and bustle of New York City which means car alarms, emergency vehicle sirens, loud (sometimes intoxicated) pedestrians and the occasionally loud insect or bird. All I had to do was close the window to significantly decrease the thump-thump of the clubs and enjoy sleep from my long days of touring Iceland.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Great hotel in a great location"
I only stayed one night, but I wish I stayed longer here. Location-wise, this hotel was right in the 101 area of Reykjavik, which is where the good restaurants and bars are clustered; I love how a really popular cafe/restaurant is just across the street. However, there are a couple issues with this location. One disadvantage would be noise; I stayed on a weekday, so the noise wan't bad, but I'd assume on weekends the crowd would be much rowdier outside. The other would be parking; there's very limited hotel parking, so you're most likely going to park on the street or in a garage. Inside the hotel, the decor felt very new and modern. I stayed in a single, which did feel a bit cramped. However, another single room in another hotel I stayed at in Reykjavik felt just as cramped. The television in the room had a satellite connection, so there were tons of channels to choose from. The bathroom felt very modern and clean, and featured a rainfall shower head. Breakfast was free with my stay, and I loved their selection - bacon, sausage, egg (hardboiled or scrambled), yogurt, cereal, and more. Nothing like filling yourself up for a long day out in the cold. Overall, I felt very welcome and comfortable at this hotel, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here agian.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Great Hotel and an excellent location."
Yesterday, I just returned from spending four nights at the hotel. The staff was great, and the manager was very helpful in accommodating a requested room change. Front desk staff were also helpful in providing advice for our day trips from Reykjavik. The location is superb. It is walking distance from everywhere you want to be in the city center.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Carl
We selected this hotel for location and it was spot on. Easy walking access to everything in the city center. The staff was more than helpful. We were upgraded at no additional cost to a superior room when I told them we were there to celebrate my birthday. The room was very spacious and on a higher floor with a nice view of a park. We would have liked a double bed, but we were so pleased with the room and the upgrade, we just pushed the very comfortable twin beds together. Not a deal breaker. Breakfast was about 10 euro and was more than adequate. Considering the cost of breakfast at other locations, this was a deal! The coffee was always on in the lobby and that was nice. Checkout time was a little confusing as the clerk had to do some currency conversions on the computer which took longer than expected. We were also charged for an electical adapter that we borrowed even though we returned it to the desk as requested upon checkout. Thought that was a little odd, but I did not notice it until I was at the airport and reviewing the bill. And lastly, if you are a beer lover, check out the Micro Bar located in the hotel (it doubles as the breakfast area in the morning). There are more beers available here than just about any place in Reykjavic and the barkeep knows about them all! You won't be disappointed!
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Right in the middle of everything!"
The City Center hotel is located right downtown Reykjavick which is great for just stepping outside and being THERE! However, it's right in the middle of the night clubs as well - which are not very visible during the day - but you hear them all night long. We had a very small (crowded) room on the front side of the hotel and didn't sleep between midnight and 3:00am for a couple nights, then we were moved to a room on the other side of the hotel - which was much bigger and better - amazing from then on! The front desk staff was extremely helpful, polite and friendly. Needed assistance for tour and shuttle pick-ups, they were happy to help.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Cheri
"center of everything!"
it was a pleasure to stay at the city centre hotel. the staff was above accomodating! the location is THE MOST CENTRAL location you could ever imagine. 1 minute walk to all of the best resteraunts, bars, coffee shops, etc. I highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"central location"
For the money we should have received breakfast
6 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Noisy on Weekends"
The bar scene in Reykjavik goes all night. Right outside your window. Other than that the hotel staff was great and the room was lovely. Also, the hotel is not accessible by car. We had to drive around to find a place to park and then haul our luggage to the hotel.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Jay
"Fabulous"
Clean, comfortable, great location , kind and helpful staff. We would definitely stay here again
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
"Great hotel room for a short stay"
The location is fantastic, you're one step away from restaurants, parks, bars, and a couple blocks away from the coast. It was a ten minute walk to the Hallgrímskirkja and a fifteen minute walk to the BSI bus terminal which had shuttles to the airport. I had one of the smaller rooms, and it was great. I don't think it would have been a big enough room for me if I had stayed more than one night in Reykjavik, especially since I had all my luggage with me from the previous three weeks, but the room was clean and comfortable, the curtains kept the all-night light out so I could sleep, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. In fact, I should have taken all the sheets off and written down who made it. It looked like an extra-long double size (which I love, I'm too tall for a normal twin or double and prefer it over a queen when it's just me). The shower was excellent, the shower head was high and had good pressure. The only problem was there was no curtain and the half-glass wall didn't keep most of the water from spewing out into the rest of the bathroom.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"very convenient hotel"
Perfect place for stay before a cruise around Iceland
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
"City Center Hotel"
Room was small but centrally located and close to tour bus pickups. Staff was friendly, breakfast was 10 Euros and pretty standard bacon and eggs kind of stuff. There is a bar downstairs which is packed in the evenings although I did not find that distracting.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Extremely friendly, helpful staff !!!"
Great hotel location and extremely friendly, helpful staff! Located in the center of the city, right by a supermarket, a large number of nice restaurants, and the harbor. The rooms were a little small. Free coffee available.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
jillie
"Great Location, Friendly staff"
Great location, especially for weekend nightlife. Very friendly staff. Nice bar inside with microbrews. The only thing I didn't like was not being able to sleep with the window open due to noise from the street. I give it 9/10 though for sure
3 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Justin
"Very convenient location!"
I lost my wallet while in Iceland. The staff went above and beyond to try and have it returned to me. I was very greatful
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Excellent friendly hotel"
Front desk was very helpful! The clerks went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. Located in the center of town with many cafes and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was very good with some tasty locally made bread and cheese. Will stay again in the future
7 night trip with friends May 9, 2013
"Great location and awesome staff!!!"
Rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very knowlegable friendly. Got a little loud outside our room on Fri nd Sat night but not a big deal to me but might be to some. Overall stay was amazing and will be back soon for sure!
Other trip May 17, 2013
"Nice hotel in the middle of everything"
The staff was very helpful when we needed help booking transportation to the airport. The room was modern and eclectic in style and though it was not very big, it was very comfortable and clean. There was some noise from the street due late revelers from the nearby bars but nothing terrible.
Other trip May 8, 2013
Ted
"Good hotel, excellent location for downtown/ Harpa"
Great location, room is a little smallish, but enjoyed our stay a lot.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"Great location etc"
All positives including the following.. Staff Location Rooms Micro Bar Would definitely stay there again
4 night trip Apr 16, 2013
Greg
"Iceland in April"
Great location, helpful and friendly staff, good breakfast.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great value right downtown"
Stayed for 4 nights on a stopover back from the UK to Seattle. I had read about the rooms being small and was pleasantly surprised at the space we had. It wasn't huge but I wouldn't have thought "too small" at all. Liked having a fridge in the room--we just pulled out the mini bar items and put our own stuff in there. The staff of the hotel was great, helping with anything, and getting our shower fixed ASAP (it didn't drain well the first night). The bed was comfy, the bar was great and had happy hour specials. It did get noisy at night at times, but I think that is something you will run into everywhere downtown on some level. People just stayed out much, much later than we did! For a little more than $100/night I was completely satisfied with the place.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
"city center review"
City center was a wonderful place to stay! My room had all the essential basics that I needed, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the location couldn't be beat. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Great location!"
Great location, very clean and modern. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bar downstairs had great beer selection. Excellent hotel overall.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Nice hotel in the center of the city"
I stayed for one night at the City Center hotel and enjoyed it very much. The room was small but very comfortable. Unfortunately the TV / Satellite did not work, but that wasn't an issue for just one night. It was close to many shops and restaurants and they booked me with a shuttle to the airport so I had everything I needed. The free wi-fi was very usable.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
D. Lee
"great location"
Very well run place, clean and convenient.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2013
"Would stay again!"
Great hotel with excellent location, walkable to everywhere in Downtown Reykjavik. Staff were very helpful and the MICRO bar was a hidden gem. Overall, would definitely stay here again but would ask for a room in the back as the noise travels from the loud streets on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2013
Cassie
"Will definitely stay again!!"
Amazing staff! Super nice and helpful. Great location though it gets noisy at night due to close proximity to downtown bars. Wouk definitely stay again.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
"Exactky what we wanted"
While there are bigger and fancier hotels in Reykjavik, this was exactly what we anted. Right in the heart of the city center it was easy to walk to nearby restaurants, grocery stores and the central tourist information building. The staff was wonderful and all spoke excellent English. The breakfast (extra but very reasonable) was excellent. One morning when we were heading out on an early excursion they even had it ready earlier than the posted time so we could eat leisurely before leaving. When we come back we will definitely stay here again.
5 night trip Nov 11, 2012