All hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereAusturstraeti 6, Reykjavik, 101, Iceland, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very nice for our needs!
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Great location, nice hotel"
We can't imagine a better location. Only about 30 rooms so it's intimate but professionally run. Close to excellent restaurants, easy walk to harbor, Hampa, shopping district. Rooms aren't huge but they're well laid out. Breakfast is reliable. Staff is extremely helpful and as attentive (or not) as you prefer. Our double room had king mattress but two twin sized down comforters that seemed odd at first but we're really great - warm but ventilated and we didn't disturb each other when we moved. Closet had annoyingly loud iron handles that clanged when moved but that's a very minor complaint. We would definitely book again if we return.
8 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
Joyce
The hotel is located just perfectly in the middle of the city! Extremely satisfied and happy about our stay. It's highly recommendable.
4 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2013
ET & MT
"A winner"
Great staff and great location.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Small room but..."
Nice hotel in a great location. Walk everywhere. Rooms are nice and clean but a bit on the small side.
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
"Excellent hotel"
I love my stay in City Center Hotel. The personal was so nice at any time.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Ali G.
"Nice Room"
the hotel is located in an excellent area. I was impressed with the quality of the furnishings of my room as well as the décor. Breakfast is also highly to recommend, it is worth the extra money. Hopefully I can return soon!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Curtis
"Well-located hotel with fine staff."
Happy we chose City Center hotel. Loved their location in the real city center. Parks on either side. Lots of restaurants. Could walk anywhere we wanted. Room was ready before check-in. Quiet. Slept well in their nice beds.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Joy
"Simple and convenient"
Simple hotel at perfect location in the centre of the city. Lots of good restaurants in the vicinity, short walk to harbour, museums, opera, airport bus. Small room, very good breakfast. Saturday night was noisy, but that is Reykjavik.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Juha
This was a charming boutique hotel and I would highly recommend it.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013
"Close to everything!"
I had a very pleasant stay at City Center Hotel. The front desk concierge was very helpful with all of my questions. My room was small and faced the street; despite reading many reviews about the noisy bar scene (City Center Hotel is on the same block and across the street from a number of big clubs/bars), I slept well. I come from the hustle and bustle of New York City which means car alarms, emergency vehicle sirens, loud (sometimes intoxicated) pedestrians and the occasionally loud insect or bird. All I had to do was close the window to significantly decrease the thump-thump of the clubs and enjoy sleep from my long days of touring Iceland.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Great hotel in a great location"
I only stayed one night, but I wish I stayed longer here. Location-wise, this hotel was right in the 101 area of Reykjavik, which is where the good restaurants and bars are clustered; I love how a really popular cafe/restaurant is just across the street. However, there are a couple issues with this location. One disadvantage would be noise; I stayed on a weekday, so the noise wan't bad, but I'd assume on weekends the crowd would be much rowdier outside. The other would be parking; there's very limited hotel parking, so you're most likely going to park on the street or in a garage. Inside the hotel, the decor felt very new and modern. I stayed in a single, which did feel a bit cramped. However, another single room in another hotel I stayed at in Reykjavik felt just as cramped. The television in the room had a satellite connection, so there were tons of channels to choose from. The bathroom felt very modern and clean, and featured a rainfall shower head. Breakfast was free with my stay, and I loved their selection - bacon, sausage, egg (hardboiled or scrambled), yogurt, cereal, and more. Nothing like filling yourself up for a long day out in the cold. Overall, I felt very welcome and comfortable at this hotel, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here agian.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Great Hotel and an excellent location."
Yesterday, I just returned from spending four nights at the hotel. The staff was great, and the manager was very helpful in accommodating a requested room change. Front desk staff were also helpful in providing advice for our day trips from Reykjavik. The location is superb. It is walking distance from everywhere you want to be in the city center.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Carl
"Right in the middle of everything!"
The City Center hotel is located right downtown Reykjavick which is great for just stepping outside and being THERE! However, it's right in the middle of the night clubs as well - which are not very visible during the day - but you hear them all night long. We had a very small (crowded) room on the front side of the hotel and didn't sleep between midnight and 3:00am for a couple nights, then we were moved to a room on the other side of the hotel - which was much bigger and better - amazing from then on! The front desk staff was extremely helpful, polite and friendly. Needed assistance for tour and shuttle pick-ups, they were happy to help.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Cheri
"center of everything!"
it was a pleasure to stay at the city centre hotel. the staff was above accomodating! the location is THE MOST CENTRAL location you could ever imagine. 1 minute walk to all of the best resteraunts, bars, coffee shops, etc. I highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"central location"
For the money we should have received breakfast
6 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Noisy on Weekends"
The bar scene in Reykjavik goes all night. Right outside your window. Other than that the hotel staff was great and the room was lovely. Also, the hotel is not accessible by car. We had to drive around to find a place to park and then haul our luggage to the hotel.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Jay
"Fabulous"
Clean, comfortable, great location , kind and helpful staff. We would definitely stay here again
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
"Great hotel room for a short stay"
The location is fantastic, you're one step away from restaurants, parks, bars, and a couple blocks away from the coast. It was a ten minute walk to the Hallgrímskirkja and a fifteen minute walk to the BSI bus terminal which had shuttles to the airport. I had one of the smaller rooms, and it was great. I don't think it would have been a big enough room for me if I had stayed more than one night in Reykjavik, especially since I had all my luggage with me from the previous three weeks, but the room was clean and comfortable, the curtains kept the all-night light out so I could sleep, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. In fact, I should have taken all the sheets off and written down who made it. It looked like an extra-long double size (which I love, I'm too tall for a normal twin or double and prefer it over a queen when it's just me). The shower was excellent, the shower head was high and had good pressure. The only problem was there was no curtain and the half-glass wall didn't keep most of the water from spewing out into the rest of the bathroom.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"very convenient hotel"
Perfect place for stay before a cruise around Iceland
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
"City Center Hotel"
Room was small but centrally located and close to tour bus pickups. Staff was friendly, breakfast was 10 Euros and pretty standard bacon and eggs kind of stuff. There is a bar downstairs which is packed in the evenings although I did not find that distracting.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Extremely friendly, helpful staff !!!"
Great hotel location and extremely friendly, helpful staff! Located in the center of the city, right by a supermarket, a large number of nice restaurants, and the harbor. The rooms were a little small. Free coffee available.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
jillie
"Great Location, Friendly staff"
Great location, especially for weekend nightlife. Very friendly staff. Nice bar inside with microbrews. The only thing I didn't like was not being able to sleep with the window open due to noise from the street. I give it 9/10 though for sure
3 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Justin
"Very convenient location!"
I lost my wallet while in Iceland. The staff went above and beyond to try and have it returned to me. I was very greatful
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Excellent friendly hotel"
Front desk was very helpful! The clerks went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. Located in the center of town with many cafes and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was very good with some tasty locally made bread and cheese. Will stay again in the future
7 night trip with friends May 9, 2013
"Great location and awesome staff!!!"
Rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very knowlegable friendly. Got a little loud outside our room on Fri nd Sat night but not a big deal to me but might be to some. Overall stay was amazing and will be back soon for sure!
Other trip May 17, 2013
"Nice hotel in the middle of everything"
The staff was very helpful when we needed help booking transportation to the airport. The room was modern and eclectic in style and though it was not very big, it was very comfortable and clean. There was some noise from the street due late revelers from the nearby bars but nothing terrible.
Other trip May 8, 2013
Ted
"Good hotel, excellent location for downtown/ Harpa"
Great location, room is a little smallish, but enjoyed our stay a lot.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"Great location etc"
All positives including the following.. Staff Location Rooms Micro Bar Would definitely stay there again
4 night trip Apr 16, 2013
Greg
"Iceland in April"
Great location, helpful and friendly staff, good breakfast.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great value right downtown"
Stayed for 4 nights on a stopover back from the UK to Seattle. I had read about the rooms being small and was pleasantly surprised at the space we had. It wasn't huge but I wouldn't have thought "too small" at all. Liked having a fridge in the room--we just pulled out the mini bar items and put our own stuff in there. The staff of the hotel was great, helping with anything, and getting our shower fixed ASAP (it didn't drain well the first night). The bed was comfy, the bar was great and had happy hour specials. It did get noisy at night at times, but I think that is something you will run into everywhere downtown on some level. People just stayed out much, much later than we did! For a little more than $100/night I was completely satisfied with the place.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
"city center review"
City center was a wonderful place to stay! My room had all the essential basics that I needed, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the location couldn't be beat. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Great location!"
Great location, very clean and modern. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bar downstairs had great beer selection. Excellent hotel overall.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Nice hotel in the center of the city"
I stayed for one night at the City Center hotel and enjoyed it very much. The room was small but very comfortable. Unfortunately the TV / Satellite did not work, but that wasn't an issue for just one night. It was close to many shops and restaurants and they booked me with a shuttle to the airport so I had everything I needed. The free wi-fi was very usable.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
D. Lee
"great location"
Very well run place, clean and convenient.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2013
"Would stay again!"
Great hotel with excellent location, walkable to everywhere in Downtown Reykjavik. Staff were very helpful and the MICRO bar was a hidden gem. Overall, would definitely stay here again but would ask for a room in the back as the noise travels from the loud streets on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2013
Cassie
"Will definitely stay again!!"
Amazing staff! Super nice and helpful. Great location though it gets noisy at night due to close proximity to downtown bars. Wouk definitely stay again.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
"Exactky what we wanted"
While there are bigger and fancier hotels in Reykjavik, this was exactly what we anted. Right in the heart of the city center it was easy to walk to nearby restaurants, grocery stores and the central tourist information building. The staff was wonderful and all spoke excellent English. The breakfast (extra but very reasonable) was excellent. One morning when we were heading out on an early excursion they even had it ready earlier than the posted time so we could eat leisurely before leaving. When we come back we will definitely stay here again.
5 night trip Nov 11, 2012
"Great hotel in City Center"
My friend and I just spent a week at this hotel over New Years and we loved it. The staff went out of their way to check to see if restaurants were open/make reservations for us (many were closed for the holidays). The hotel is located right in the heart of city center. The rooms are small. My friend and I could reach out and touch the twin size bed next to us but the condition was great and housekeeping was great too.
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
"Nice place at a nice price."
This was a fine hotel at a great price. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and it is situated in a convenient location.
Other trip Dec 19, 2012
"Perfect Winter Haven"
We had the pleasure of staying at the City Center Hotel for 5 nights this week. We booked this hotel after reading several reviews on this site and can attest to the quality of the experience. Each of the front desk employees we meet during the 6 day stay were extremely helpful and very pleasant - after a day of exploration we always felt like we were returning "home" as we were greeted with a smile. We stayed in 601 facing the street and experienced very limited street noise. The room is well appointed, having a small minibar, tea kettle and coffee/tea available. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and room service - clothing articles and other sundries left around the room where organized when we returned. If you are interested in the craft beer scene, Micro Bar, the hotel bar is exceptional, even hosting "private tasting parties" called Beer School while we were there (nominal charge for participation, however the hosts/bartenders were very helpful, translating from Icelandic to English). The hotel is perfectly located, a fantastic value for the cost during the season we stayed and are already excited to plan our next trip back. We will definitely be staying at City Center Hotel.
Other trip Dec 15, 2012
Sandra
"perfect little boutique hotel in the center of it"
love this place
1 night trip Nov 24, 2012
"Really liked this hotel"
The staff was great; they were very friendly and would always take time to talk to us, give us advice on places to visit, and help us with our Icelandic. The location is great, it's an easy walk to shops, clubs, and restaurants. My room was a small single but it was very nice and all I needed. The only downside of the hotel was the fact that I couldn't sleep Saturday night since the clubs next door were playing techno music until 5:00 am and I couldn't drown out the bass even with earplugs. So I did what any normal person would have done and went out dancing at the clubs. My friend had a room on the other side of the hotel (above the MicroBrew Bar) and didn't have any problems with the music so keep this in mind.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
Really nice hotel in great location. Close to everything
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2012
"Location Location Location"
Great location.....Island Tours pick you up right at the front door. Walking distance to Harbour Tours and pretty much all restaurants and bars/cafes Rooms small but sufficient: extra clean; great shower and plenty of hot water. Breakfast Buffet (10 euros) adequate; both hot and cold and fresh breads from a local bakery. Would stay again; saw no alternative lodging that "I wish I had looked into"....noise was not an issue for us at all and we had a street front facing room.
Other trip Oct 24, 2012
Mike and Myra
"Perfect location for a well rounded experience!"
After reading about this hotel in depth prior to our trip I was very pleased with what we experienced. The place is the perfect location, we walked everywhere, there is local markets, bars, restaurants of all price ranges and types of food. Great shopping is on every block. We were two minutes from the Excurision office with which we booked all of our day trips. The staff was amazing (and extremely attractive!) The breakfast, although some other posts mentioned was expensive, was very good. Breads from local bakeries, which we later visited, and skyr, the Icelandic version of Greek yogurt which is AMAZING! The showers were fantastic, and although the glass only covers half the shower area, the amazing shower heads and product make up for it! The water is delicious, you can drink it from the tap, the cold water is ice cold right from the faucet. DO NOT buy bottled water, the tap water is amazing. There is a beer,wine, and liquor store two stores down that closes at 1800 and a 24 hour convience store a block up the street. The streets are noisy Friday and Saturday nights, but considering the location, that is to be expected. There is a small elevator that runs up the winding staircase. It holds 4 people comfortably. Iceland is by far one of the best places I have ever visted and this hotel was perfect. It was comfortable and perfectly located. Beds were amazing. Please stay here if you are considering staying in the Reykjavik area, you will not be dissatisfied.
Other trip Oct 16, 2012
Claire
"Great hotel with great location in the city centre"
We couldnt have asked for a better hotel in Reykjavik. It was modern, quanit and small, and as the name stated, right in the heart of the city. We were able to walk everywhere or the bus line was a block away. Our room overlooked the harbor area and had a nice balcony. The bathroom was lovely with robes and slippers supplied. Bed was very comfortable with warm duvets. Micro Bar had a comprehensive range of beers and real ales from all over the world and locally brewed. Nightly Happy Hr 4-7 with half price beer choice was nice if we wer in the area. Breakfast was optional at 10 euro. Had a nice spread of pastry, bread, meat, cheese, Skyr, fruit, eggs and bacon (same spread daily) plus all the coffee you wanted. A rarity in Europe. Reasonable comparied to other local eateries where you pd twice the price for half the amt of food. It can get noisy on a night but they give you earplugs if it bothered anyone that much, but we didnt notice loud noise and we had a street facing room ( 505). The staff were polite, and eager to assist us in anything we needed.I would highly recommend this hotel. Price for stay was very reasonable at the time we were there-off season.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
Wendy and Mike
"Excellent all around"
Super friendly staff. Very clean and pleasant room and overall ambiance of the hotel. Would certainly stay there again.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"Will definitely stay here again!"
Our room was great - with a real big bed (not two little ones pushed together). Very comfortable! Breakfast at the bar downstairs wasn't free but very convenient and had a great selection (fresh breads were delicious). At night the bar had a good variety of brews on tap and cozy atmosphere. Location was excellent! It was an easy walk to all the main sites in town. And when we forgot our camera in the room the staff contacted us immediately and offered to send it to us. We will definitely stay here again!
3 night trip Sep 13, 2012
"Recharge in Reykjavik"
My three nights here were a perfect recharge after hiking in the south and before heading north to the Westfjords. Great location and loved the microbrew pub attached to the hotel lobby. The owner Stone was great. Also the Laundromat restaurant/bar across the street is a nice bonus too. So was the Astur restaurant as well. Great staff and food at both locations.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2012