All hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Good internet service
    Comfortable
"Great staff and location"
This was the second time I stayed at this hotel and enjoyed it just as much as the first. Helpful staff and great location. Yes, noise can be an issue if you are in the front of the hotel as the city is hoping from 1:30 to 5:30 on Friday and Saturday nights. The rest of the time you won't hear a peep. If you must have quiet arrive on Sunday morning and try and miss Friday and Saturday nights. Enjoy!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Jon
"Overnight stay on return leg home to Denver"
Am excellent, no frills hotel right smack in downtown, 50 meters from the bus terminal. We were very pleased with hotel itself and with friendly, helpful staff. Will stay again.
Ed
"Great hotel, beautiful city"
City Center Hotel was great. Close to everything, very nice rooms & amazingly helpful, friendly staff. Breakfast was really good, as well. Only negative to report was the smell of the water, but considering that the bathrooms were fairly large and the water always nice and hot, the smell was really not that big of a deal. Would definitely recommend this hotel!
Martha
"Nice location!"
Nice hotel in the center of the party scene. Don't stay there on a weekend if you don't want to hear outside partying. I was there to celebrate so the noise didn't bother me. Hotel was close to everything and check in was smooth. Parking was a bit strange, but I was able to park in the employee lot which held 6 cars. Hotel staff were friendly.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Recommend this hotel"
Wonderfully located...everything right out the door. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Rooms were large for European rooms. Clean. Good breakfasts. Only caveat is make sure you get a room facing the back of the hotel because it will cut back on the weekend partying noise in the area.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Very Convenient, Very Helpful"
We loved being right in the heart of the city, able to walk to everything downtown. The staff was very helpful with all questions, and assisting in travel and tour plans. Breakfast was a reasonable price, for a basic breakfast. A convenient way to start the day and get going quickly for sightseeing.
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
The Wheels are Rolling
"Excellent stay!"
The City Center Hotel was superior from the friendliness of the staff to the comfort of the room. Of a 3 week trip to France, this room had the most comfortable bed and a very stylish room. The staff was personable and helpful. We would not hesitate to book this hotel when we come back to Reykjavik!
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"FABULOUS location!"
Extremely nice staff. Everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. Room was not large, but it was comfortable. I'm not so sure they cleaned much after the first day, but they tidied the room. I love the location, the people, the bed was comfy. REALLY happy with this hotel! I highly recommend!
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
RunRMom
"Centrally located hotel"
Great location you can walk everywhere for museums, shops and restaurants. Staff was beyond helpful. Room was clean and beds comfortable, I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"The name says it all"
This hotel is right in the middle of downtown Reykjavik. Within steps of lots of shopping, eating and drinking establishments. Right at one end of the main shopping street. Also easy to get the airport shuttle.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Chuck
"Size doesn't matter"
This hotel is nice and located right on the main shopping/dining/drinking strip. I had no problems with noise, but I was there in the middle of the week. The single room was tiny by American standards (or non-child size standards), but had everything expected in a room at this price. Staff was cool and helpful, plus free coffee in the lobby.
2 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Dirty S
"awesome location right next to paris café"
awesome location right next to paris café and laundormat café and a supermarket open 24/7 close by, close to Harpa and the tourist office the staff is incredibly friendly and although we arrived at 8 am we checked in our room immediately. the breakfast is awesome and is one of the few hotels that has HOT breakfast with scrambled eggs and also AWESOME sausages and skyr; also it has a Micro bar with hundreds of different special beers
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
cristina
"Convenient central location but otherwise meh..."
Hotel is fairly basic but good central location near restaurants/bars and harbor. My room was a good size but was disppointingly furnished with faux Chinese antique. There was no Nordic charm. Bathroom had alot of lime scale though it did have a nice big rain shower, with good water pressure.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Salmon fishing Stop over !"
Stayed at City Centre Hotel on previous visit. Location is superb. Close to all attractions and fine dining. Highly recommend !
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
DD Nester
"Outstanding service"
Expensive. The room for two was very small.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Great location. Comfortable atmosphere."
The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Despite having a room directly over the Micro Bar (third floor) it was quite easy to rest at night...even on a weekend. I would/will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
L. Purnell
"Good, not great"
Very small room and a little dingy. But the hotel staff was very helpful and the location is great.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Not what I thought."
Room was very small. Noisy, near all the bars. Room was hot, no A/C and windows did not open. Staff was great. Food was good.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
"Fun in Iceland"
Loved our time here. Great locations, lots of choice of places to eat. Easy to walk everywhere.
3 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2014
"good location"
The hotel was clean and located near several restaurants. For the type of hotel it was nice. It's not like a major chain but it's what Iceland has. Would recommend staying at this hotel but not Iceland.
2 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2014
Sherrie
"Wonderful location and friendly, healthy staff"
We had a wonderful 6 night stay at the City Center Hotel. The staff helped us plan events, find places, and even printed information out for us when we needed it. Such a wonderful, comfortable hotel with hard working, fun and friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Average hotel in a great location"
Rooms and bathroom kind of small and basic. No closet, just a small chest. Desk staff very friendly and helpful. Taxi may have a tough time getting through pedestrian streets at certain hours. Central to all of Reykjavik. Can walk anywhere in minutes.
3 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
EyeFi
The hotel is right in the center of town near good food and drink. The domestic airport is close and has rental cars.
2 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2014
ChrisP
"Ideally located"
Very happy with the stay; staff and management superb.
4 night business trip May 28, 2014
"Smack Dab in the Middle"
This was a well run, friendly European neighborhood Hotel in a fantastic neighborhood. Everything about it was wonderful except it was hard to get in and out of the bathtub. My wife and I would stay there again if we return to Iceland.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
Ken
"Great Reykjavik Hotel"
Enjoyed our 2 night stay at this small but comfortable hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and decent size. Bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept in in a long time. The hotel offered a hot breakfast every morning for a reasonable price (considering the extremely high cost of food in Iceland). Also, the location was very convenient.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Gerry
"Could not be more in the center of things."
Near the best food, near the shopping, near the new waterfront opera house, City Center has small but cheery rooms (that largely could use a little more scrupulous cleaning if our room was typical.) Reception was warm in a country not necessarily known for warmth. They held luggage, let us use the desk phone, spoke in Icelandic to airline personnel.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Wendell
"Great room, location, would stay again!"
Location is great, rooms were great- beds comfy, bathrooms spacious. Hotel was clean, front desk was friendly, no hot tub or pool.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Hayley
"Convenient, Comfortable, and Friendly"
My son and I spent three nights at the hotel in April 2014 and found it precisely right for our needs -- no particular frills, but everything needed for a comfortable business/pleasure visit to downtown Reykjavik. We particularly appreciated the friendly, helpful staff.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Close to restaurants, bars, and tour pickup locati"
Service was great! Farouk was awesome, as well as the rest of the staff. Farouk went out of his way to take care of myself and my fiance. He really made our trip memorable. When we come back to Iceland, we're definitely staying at City Center Hotel! Clean, microbar behind lobby, decent sized rooms.
5 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
Andrea
"A diamond of a hotel in a wonderful gem of a city"
Our stay was perfect. The general manager was one of the most professional and customer serviced-oriented I have had the pleasure of meeting. The staff was friendly and the morning breakfast service wonderful.
5 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
David-Kevin Bryant
"Nice hotel, good location, helpful staff"
City Center has a good location within walking distance to lots of bars, restaurants, & shops. The staff was extremely helpful, were always willing to call tour companies, make reservations, loan umbrellas, etc. Room was nice & large by European standards, had a big balcony, & I was surprised at how big the bathroom was (we had a double room.) Def recommend!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Erika
"Great hotel in the heart of Reykjavik"
My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The room was on the 6th floor overlooking the main strip and a beautiful view of the mountains in the background. The room facilities were great. The bed was pushed together and very comfortable. There was ample room to put all of our things and the refrigerator came in handy. The staff was extremely helpful, let us check in early, gave us recommendations on places to eat in town and even just had some pleasant conversations with us. The only thing I would suggest is to bring some ear plugs for Saturday nights. There is a very popular club across the street and it gets noisy Saturday until the early hours of the morning. It was just the one night and I have seen that other guests merely just ask for a room in the back. Or if you like to party, this is a perfect hotel since the hottest club is right across the street lol. The noise was not bad enough that it would deter me from staying here again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Amber
"Great location!!"
The sulfur water was awful but that seems to be very common in iceland. Bring your own hair dryer it's impossible to dry your hair with their hair dryer as it always stops working in about 5 min and then it takes another 10 min for it to reset so that you can use it again. The staff was awesome! Very nice and very accommodating!
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Convenient location with great staff"
Very centrally-located hotel, which was great since we didn't have a car. Located very close to the Iceland Excursions office, which was also great since we scheduled most of our trips through them. Room itself was nice and clean. They provide some toiletries like shampoo, body wash, toothbrush, shower cap, cotton balls, etc. Also had a small refrigerator (however, you need to use your key to power the room, so if you leave and take your key with you = no power to the fridge), a hot water pot, tea and teabags and mugs. It also had a TV that we didn't use. Staff was excellent -- very friendly and informative, looked up information for us when we needed it, staffed around the clock, and check-in was very accommodating of our strange hours (given that we were out looking for Northern Lights multiple nights).
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"I would choose this hotel again"
This hotel was the perfect location. Near the tour company, near great restaurants, and an easy walk to both the harbor and the downtown shops. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were nice.
4 night trip Jan 30, 2014
"Great Location, Great Hotel Staff"
The City Center Hotel was a great experience it was centrally located. and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the heart of town! Staff was very helpful and friendly. I will be staying there when I return to Iceland.
4 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2014
Pierre
"Centrally located"
The location was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room size was smaller than most American hotels. The breakfast option was very handy. Couple of good cafes around this hotel as well in case you prefer not to have breakfast in the hotel.
6 night trip Jan 16, 2014
"Great location, nice hotel,"
Great location for clubs, resturants and tour bus station. The hotel was nice but I think they should have free breakfast. They should have warned us that the hot water smells like sulphur.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
"Great Location if You Don't Mind a Little Noise"
Centrally located and extremely helpful staff. My room was fairly small, but that's common for Europe in general. Also, if you stay over a weekend, be prepared for loud music and sounds of revelry until about 4 a.m. I didn't mind, but noise canceling headphones are a good idea for early birds.
6 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Very nice for our needs!
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Great location, nice hotel"
We can't imagine a better location. Only about 30 rooms so it's intimate but professionally run. Close to excellent restaurants, easy walk to harbor, Hampa, shopping district. Rooms aren't huge but they're well laid out. Breakfast is reliable. Staff is extremely helpful and as attentive (or not) as you prefer. Our double room had king mattress but two twin sized down comforters that seemed odd at first but we're really great - warm but ventilated and we didn't disturb each other when we moved. Closet had annoyingly loud iron handles that clanged when moved but that's a very minor complaint. We would definitely book again if we return.
8 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
Joyce
The hotel is located just perfectly in the middle of the city! Extremely satisfied and happy about our stay. It's highly recommendable.
4 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2013
ET & MT
"A winner"
Great staff and great location.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Small room but..."
Nice hotel in a great location. Walk everywhere. Rooms are nice and clean but a bit on the small side.
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
"Excellent hotel"
I love my stay in City Center Hotel. The personal was so nice at any time.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Ali G.
"Nice Room"
the hotel is located in an excellent area. I was impressed with the quality of the furnishings of my room as well as the décor. Breakfast is also highly to recommend, it is worth the extra money. Hopefully I can return soon!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Curtis
"Well-located hotel with fine staff."
Happy we chose City Center hotel. Loved their location in the real city center. Parks on either side. Lots of restaurants. Could walk anywhere we wanted. Room was ready before check-in. Quiet. Slept well in their nice beds.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Joy
"Simple and convenient"
Simple hotel at perfect location in the centre of the city. Lots of good restaurants in the vicinity, short walk to harbour, museums, opera, airport bus. Small room, very good breakfast. Saturday night was noisy, but that is Reykjavik.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Juha
This was a charming boutique hotel and I would highly recommend it.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013