All hotels in Vicksburg, Mississippi, United States of America
4137 I-20 N. Frontage Road, Vicksburg, MS, 39183, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3
    2.8
    2.4
"Should be closed It is falling apart from neglect"
Very rundown. Most furnishings way beyond useful. Toilet seaat looked like it caqme out of a dump. Staff very nice but, we would not stay again. Sid not feel comfortable.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Stay Clear ~!"
Curtains nasty and falling, sheets worn out, keys that don't work, mounds of debris in rear
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Skip this Hotel"
Curtains nasty and falling, light covers missing. Massive piles of used mattresses and pillows in rear. Keys that do not work. Tell us our reservation not good because hotels.com American Express card declined.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Doyle
"Poorly maintained"
From the cigarette burns on the comforter, to the dead cockroach in the tub, to the mildew stains and peeling ceiling in the bathroom, this hotel is in very, very poor condition, not well cleaned, and not well appointed. Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, the mattress was back-breakingly saggy, and we killed a palmetto bug the size of my palm in the middle of the night. Would NOT recommend.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
You are impairing your reputation by rating them above one (1)!
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Henderson
Seems like the hotel is going out of business. Very low occupancy. The bar and restaurant have already closed. Hotel was advertised as having free breakfast, but they do not since the restaurant closed.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
it was not what we expected and was dissapointed with our stay there.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
sjklein
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
Our room was disgusting, I put pics up on my facebook. Website claims a full restaurant, Lounge,Room Service, and free wifi. There were none of the amenities, and the wifi did not work. When I complained to the desk clerk, she was RUDE, and did nothing to satisify anything. As longas you breathe, DO NOT Stay here.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Rhema Weidman
"Not nice at all"
Don't let any of their show fool you. This is for all intents and purposes a crappy motel. Save your money and go to the cheapest, crappiest motel and you won't be doing any worse. -One of the only power outlets in the room didn't work. -No free breakfast. -There may or may not have been wifi. I couldn't pick it up from my room. -Very run down exterior and interior (the only relatively new feature was the shower heads, which were nice) -No restaurant -Ants crawling in bathroom -Reeks of smoke in non-smoking room -Terrible fitted sheet wouldn't stay on bed (so my skin was touching mattress when I woke up) -Nasty comforters -Sketchy neighbors at this hotel. I felt unsafe.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"This is not the place for children, NASTY"
When we got to the room there was still food in the microwave from the previous guest.
4 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Donny
"Ok for on the to travel"
Back dated hotel. The price was fitting
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Ashley Cole
No outlet covers. Bathroom door did not shut. Graffi on table. Coffee pot but no coffee. No breakfast like it said. Room smelled. Will not return
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
We stayed here last minute on the way home from our family vacation. You get what you pay for. Room was less than impressive, linoleum peeling up in bathroom due to water damage. Dirty linens, someones nasty shoes left under the bed, noisey, rusty, smelly mini fridge. There was a gross rusty pickup truck on blocks outside the stairway that looks like its been there for a while. And there is no longer any breakfast, although I doubt we would of eaten it any way. We were told the restaurant has been closed for over 6 months. Wouldnt stay again, and wouldn't recommend. Go down the road to different hotel.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Great rates right next to Battlefield Park"
I chose this hotel because it had a great rate. It's right next to Battlefield Park, which is very convenient if you're looking to visit there. It's also not far from the upscale shopping centers in Vicksburg, which is also a plus. Not to mention, it's also located right off the Interstate. It isn't a 5 star hotel, so I wasn't expecting the greatest accommodations. However, the main lobby looks amazing! The quality of my room was fair. Meaning it was livable. The beds were very comfortable and the sheets were clean (as far as I could tell). The bathroom was clean, but you can tell it's seen better days. There's also a pretty nice pool (if you're into that). They've got a restaurant and a bar in one part of the inn. I didn't take advantage of that during my stay, so I can't comment on it. The staff was really friendly and easy to deal with. I would recommend the Battlefield Inn because of its location and price. If you're looking to visit Vicksburg and you're on a budget, this is the place for you.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Ryan
"Needs total remodel/rehab."
We had been there previously but evidently had been a few years. We will not return nor recommend. The staff is doing their best with what they have to work with and that is very little. Staff was pleasant.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Two Travelers
"Find somewhere else to stay"
I stayed here 30 years ago and was hoping for a similar experience. Boy was I disappointed. The Battlefield Inn is in a bad state of disrepair. They advertise a restaurant, cocktail hour, and breakfast. None was to be had. The whole place was in need of cleaning and painting. The room was "worn out." Carpet unraveling, walls needed painting, some of the lamps didn't even have a socket to plug them into. I could go on and on. Any hotel in Vicksburg is only 10 minutes from the National Park. Don't let that be a deciding factor. Stay away.
2 night romance trip Jul 8, 2014
Will not stay there ever again!
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Stopping on vacation travel"
The room was not very clean. Bedspread had wholes in it. Hair in the shower. Electrical plugs laying on the floor and not mounted in the walls. The ice machine was far from the room and the area around the pool needed mowing and general maintenance.
Don
"Expedia gave us a good price."
Hotel needs serious revamping. Was once glorious, but needs help! Great pool and close to Battlefield. That's about it. Owners- Remodel please!!!!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
History Phil
"Completely Neglected"
This once fine motel that was clearly focused on the battle for Vicksburg has fallen into COMPLETE AND TOTAL disrepair. Dirty, unmaintained, abandoned cars in the parking lot; they have completely given up and just taking the money of travelers without giving anything in return. It is too bad, since it was obvious this was a really cool place at one time.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
I have never been in a hotel where the toilet is like a public toilet. You have to flush it below with your foot! And flushes so loud! Tooth paste all over the wall. No hand towels, no coffee in room. The pool was covered, couldn't use. I think I need to stick with a chain hotel, they have to maintain the image.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
We enjoyed our stay at the Battlefield Inn, the hostesses were very nice and informative.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Problems with wifi. Would not work in the room we stayed in which was a king room. However, would work in double rooms just 2 rooms down and right outside door in parking lot. Very inconvenient.
5 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
"Grandkids Day Pickup"
The booking stated that there would be continental breakfast, but unfortunately breakfast was not included. In fact they do not serve any food at all anymore, T he overall stay was ok, for an historical sight. at Least the rooms were clean and they served coffee.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Never Again"
Room was dirty, smelled, burn holes in comforter and blanket and chair fell apart when sat in. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Helpful staff"
Obviously used to be a very nice place, but now it's a little run down. Restaurant closed, some light bulbs out, tv remote not working, for example. The room was clean and freshly painted. The evening staff was very helpful. Good value overall if you can overlook some minor items.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
J B
"Horrible"
This hotel was horrible!!! They tried to charge me when I arrived even though I paid in full online. Terrible customer service. TV was broken. No breakfast was provided. I had to make the coffee in the lobby because the desk clerk was no where to be found for over an hour!! We will never go here again!!
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"A great night of sleep for some road trippers."
As two mountain west road trippers needing a place to crash when passing through town to visit Vicksburg, we were pleased with our stay. Luckily we had a great Bible provided by the inn to eliminate a cockroach who greeted us. But once he was gone, we really did sleep like angels! The bed really was very comfortable and in clean condition.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
T
"Not very clean"
Condom found in first room; second room smelled of cat urine; wifi service not great; website states free breakfast and cocktails but neither are available.
3 night trip May 1, 2014
Rhonda
The stay was okay just a lady at the front desk work was the problem everything else was okay
1 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2014
Battlefield inn
"Nasty don't stay"
This hotel was nasty,small rooms, and just ghetto.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Jean
We stayed there several years ago & enjoyed it but, they advertise an eating area, but we were told that the health dept. shut it down, but they still advertised that they had one. Poor quality .... Not happy !
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
jt
"had a hard time fineing it the sign has one name a"
the bed was ok ,but the works was aother store.not in a good location peoples asking for money
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
rose
"Dump with a capital D"
Room 150 - Fan only had 3 fan blades. Alarm clock did not work. Bathroom had only part of a mirror like it had broken and they just left the one part up there. Cannot put into words how bad this room was. Room 106 - Better, but had been deemed clean and still had waste in the toilet with the seat up and hair on the bathroom floor. Room 109 - This is where we ended up staying. Better than the others. No remote for the TV and when we asked, they did not have one and there was a large gap between the door and the top of the doorway so we could hear everything in the hallway and everything that was going on at the front desk. Had to stuff wash cloths in the gap to quiet it up a bit, but could still hear the phone ringing at the front desk.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2014
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
THE RECEPTION CLERK WAS VERY NICE AND HELPFUL. THERE WAS A SIGN UP THAT SAID "EXCUSE THE MESS, WE ARE REMODELING". REMODELING DON'T EXCUSE FILTHY. IT WAS THE DIRTIEST I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. BATHROOM WAS AWFUL. THE MATTRESS SAID COMPANY BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1883, THEY SMELL LIKE THEY HAD BEEN THERE SINCE 1883. EVEN THOUGH THE ROOM WAS CHEAP STILL I PAID FOR IT. PLEASE INVEST IN HOUSEKEEPING TRAINING.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
KITTEY62
"Sadly this place is not being maintained."
I was not pleased, not phone, no internet, and although your website claims certain amenities they no longer exist. No continental breakfast and the place was scary.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2014
purrdh
"good stay"
when i arrived, the staff was so friendly. Even other guests were very sweet and nice.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
Amber
"Bad Experience"
I have was so disappointed with this stay! When we got to the room the bed sheet were dirty, hair still in the bed and on the pillows. I have requested a king size bed and did get that in the first room but due to the situation in the first room we were put in a room with double beds. I request a smoking room there were no ash trays provided and was told by the customer service agent they do not have them. When I booked the room the advertisement stated there was breakfast provided the next morning and cocktails the night before neither occurred. I will never go back to this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2014
Joyce
The hotel is having major problems from reservation confirmations, knowing which rooms are occuppied, room preparation, to food. The only really good point was that the employees seem to be willing to make the extra effort to attempt to fix the numerous problems.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
When we called they said there was breakfast with room and also drinks in the lobby in the evening there was not. Also they had a mix up in the room rate. will not be staying there again. We used to love staying there
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"not as advertised"
This is a worn out, decaying motel. Room held heavily used furniture and had a musty smell. There were no breakfast, lounge or restaurant, as these services had been discontinued. Therefore, not as advertised.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2013
Would rather not rate at this time, due to major repairs going on. I would had rather paid a smaller price than what we paid due to repairs that were going on.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
Teresa Bastien
"Room was dirty"
Room was dirty. The sheets had been changed and that was about all that had been done to room. The people next to my room were fighting and slamming doors and cars were coming and going. I just needed to rest before getting on the road again. The lady who checked me in was nice and polite.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"False advertised breakfast..."
We booked reservation hotels.com....Breakfast was included but no such luck they said it was discontinued a month prior! Hotel was recommended by a relative but they had been there some five years earlier so things look like it has really gone down hill...plaster falling off ceiling dirty walls etc. basically a dump! On the positive it was quiet and manager was friendly...
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2013
Warren
Very relaxing and quiet. The location was excellent close to everywhere I needed to go.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Alice
"Old and run down."
Shower was inoperable, dresser handles were broken, funny smell
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Has had its time"
The hotel is very dated. The person at the reception had no idea what all he had to do. The Room was good in size and clean. The bathroom needs a major overhaul, the chalk was hanging from the seams in the tub. Internet did only work in the lobby for a short time, not in the room. The rate at the big sign in front of the hotel was 35% below the one I paid through online booking with Hotels.com.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Otto_far_Away
"Close to battlefield and other sights."
Staff was awesome! Needs a little upkeep. Might add a little more breakfast.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Pam
"Poor"
Breakfast was a honey bun. Restaurant was out of business there was a stink bug between the sheets. Smelt really bad. No plugins worked the frig leaked and was discusting no remote. We stayed there many times in the past and it was great never again. We we're put in a different room. But it wasn't much better. So disappointed
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
Terri
"Hotel"
The room smelled bad and the continental breakfast was so horrible. It was all packaged, sugary food and I couldn't eat anything. Thank goodness I brought some fresh fruit from home.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013