All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
757 Richards Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 3A6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"If in Vancouver to see the city and not the hotel"
Excellent location and price. Great service and helpful staff (individually owned and operated). Very small room, no a/c, no amenities, shared bath with about 10 rooms.
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
ryshel
"A fairly good stay for the price."
Stayed in the hotel for attending a conference at the Vancouver Conference Center late june. The hotel is okay, maybe old. The comfort is standard and enough if your aim is just having a place to drop dead on the bed. An important thing to be noted is the shared bathroom (single bathroom for a whole floor), things to consider when you book. But foremost, avoid to book this hotel during summer times. Vancouver can be very hot and humid and there is no A/C in the room (the old and loud table fan will not make much a difference). Beware! Otherwise the staff is friendly, breakfast is nice (they toast and butter the bagel for you) and you are couple blocks away from Robson Street, lots of restaurants around. The convention center is a good 15 minutes walk but it was a great way to of some sightseeing if you have not much time.
4 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
Abraham
"Good value, Don't expect too much"
A great price for downtown Vancouver. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little tight and have a sink in them (and that's it with the exception of a small desk and a bed). Shared bathroom for the floor. A good value, and in a great location. The breakfast is OJ, Toast, Bagels, and a few slices of oranges. Cute, but not the biggest breakfast.
4 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Anthony
The room was small and cozy, but it was a nice little hideaway, and right in the middle of downtown Vancouver (where there's *plenty* to see and do!). I missed having my own bathroom (and TV!), but the reasonable price for such a great location more than made up for it. Plus it was a quick walk to & from the Skytrain station. And I probably got to sleep sooner without the TV, anyway...
2 night trip Jun 15, 2015
"I great little spot in the center for Vancouver"
It was great. Just know this is a Bed and Breakfast.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Matthew
"Nice Way to Stay Cheap"
This is a nice place. Plenty of room, firm mattress. Maid service was daily and effective. As long as you understand it is a shared bathroom situation and that the rooms are not meant to be lived in, only slept in, you will enjoy it too. On this trip I knew I would not need to work in my room because I would be out all day and night and back at the room only to sleep. Were I to need to work in the hotel itself, I think it would have been just fine in a common area of which there were many. Thanks for a great stay.
Response by Kingston Hotel Bed & Breakfast
Thanks so much for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you require a room with more space next time, please inquire about one of our larger rooms with a private bathroom and shower.
4 night business trip May 17, 2015
Boyd
"Excellent location, good value for the price"
Excellent location right in the middle of downtown Vancouver, good value for the price. It's an old building and the room I stayed in didn't have it's own bathroom/shower - I used one of the two or three shared ones on the floor, which I assume is why the price is so much lower than other downtown hotels. This worked fine for me, the bathroom was clean and not many other guests seemed to be using it. Would stay again!
1 night trip May 6, 2015
Bishop
"All I needed while I was there!"
Room was small but workable, Great walking distance to most things I wanted to do, Pub next door was great (and you get a discount). I had concerns about sharing a bathroom, never had to wait and it was always clean and well stocked. Staff was great, especially Sean. I had lots of questions about getting around and where to find things and everyone was more than happy to take the time to make sure I was taken care of! Really, really happy with my stay.
5 night trip May 1, 2015
"Hotel"
Quiet place no problem
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"so nice hotel"
A very nice hotel !!!!! Quiet , clean , lots of charm ..... and the service was awesome !! Good location in the center of downtown
7 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Christian
"Nice hotel with friendly staff"
This is a nice hotel right in downtown Vancouver, next to shopping and restaurants. There is a construction site next to it currently, which makes it difficult to access and blocks the view, but otherwise I had a great stay. The staff were courteous and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
Anastassiya
"Cheap, good location"
A nice little hotel downtown, close to everything. Caveats are a) shared bathroom-however, even though the hotel was fully booked when I stayed, it wasn't a problem; b) 'Free breakfast' is pretty limited-coffee, or toast or bagels. However, pub next door does an excellent, fairly cheap brunch Saturdays and Sundays. A good place if you are on a limited budget.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Kingston Hotel Bed & Breakfast"
Great location, helpful staff, but the room smells musty.
4 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"Above satisfactory budget hotel"
We just got the small room with the shared bathroom. It turned out to be a lot better than expected ! The room is small however, if you are only planning to find a place to sleep and not spending too much time in the room then it works great ! Our room was placed near a shared bathroom and there's also a men's bathroom nearby. The washrooms were very clean! I had to leave the hotel at around 6 or 7 so I had no problems using or sharing the toilet. The front desk workers are also very patient and kind. There is a pub beside the hotel and it looks really good. Overall maintainace of hotel is better than I expected, however there might be a strange smell if you have a sensitive nose like I do. It's probably the smell of an older building ? They are doing some constructions at this time so it might look a little messy, but my overall stay was a good experience !! It's my first time staying in a room with a shared bathroom, but I got it for a cheap and affordable price so I'm not complaining ! Just remember to lock the toilet door even early in the morning or someone else might come barging in. It was fun~
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Tina
"Short stay"
Desk staff provided storage for our bags when we arrived several hours before check-in time, then suggested a great local restaurant. They were also very helpful in recommending public transportation to areas we wanted to visit. They did a great job.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Don
"Short stay"
Just an overnight stay between an incoming flight and the train home. The Kingston Hotel is convenient to the SkyTrain, the restaurant next door was fine and the food good. Nothing fancy, but reasonably priced and met our needs. Receptionist was helpful and friendly - made arrangements for taxi early the following morning.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
William C
"Close to city center"
Very nice. Clean room and wonderful staff. The road was being worked on at the time but did not interfere with sleeping in.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
I think id rather stay in my car,tiney bed .no shower no bathroom.never again
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
herman isom
"This is not what I was expecting"
When signing up for this hotel I did not realize that there was no toilet or shower in the room but one community down the hall. also the bed is not a double bed but a 3/4 double bed - unbelievable!
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
mike
"Great little downtown hideaway"
The location of this hotel was the best. Everything was walking distance. The rooms were cute and clean. Breakfast was great. My only complaint was more bathrooms were needed.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Danielle
Great trip thanks to this extremely affordable stay in Vancouver! It's in a very central location downtown.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great place"
Great hotel in a great location. Nice simple breakfast with great coffee included. If you don't mind using a fan, a bit of construction noise it's a great choice for the money.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2014
Deb
"Eurostyle and close to everything"
This hotel offers rooms with private or shared baths. The price is great and the location is perfect - access to downtown and all public transportation within a few blocks. The breakfast was simple, so don't expect platesful of food..
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Descent choice for the price"
Friendly staff and good location (albeit a lot of construction on either side of the hotel). Our room was clean but quite small - but we only stayed one night so it was OK for our purposes. Great value compared to other hotels in the vicinity.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Small but very very clean hotel."
I am impressed about the cleanliness of the hotel, the chaired washroom is very very clean.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
akeem
"Not a Hostel, more a B&B"
Most affordable quality Vancouver stay for a cruise ship "pre-boarding" stay. Extremely clean room and extremely small room. Very helpful staff; light, quality Breakfast offerings. Central location, walk to most touristy destinations in 15 minutes or less; $6 cab ride for you and your luggage to Canada Place to board a cruise ship. Only down side is the shared bathroom issue - 2+ on each floor of 10-12 rooms. Tip: use showers early as possible in the morning while they are still pristine and use one on another floor if your closest one is not available. We would definitely stay there again if in the wonderful city of Vancouver!
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014
RBD
major construction is going on the same city black very noisy during work hours, one bathroom in the same room with shower for whole floor
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Will be great when they finish construction nxt dr"
We were greeted by very helpful staff and given ample information to enjoy our stay in Vancouver. We slept well and our room was thoroughly cleaned during our visit.
Other trip May 6, 2014
DanishB
"close to public transport&city center attractions"
Very good value for money in the heart of the city. All the staff were very welcoming and helpful. Toast/bagel breakfast included was a nice touch.
4 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
S.A.
"Nice and convenient hotel"
I didn't spend much time in the hotel. But if you need a clean, affordable and convenient place for your trip, it's definitely a good choice. It also has a nice bar right next to it for food and drinks late at night!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Good budget hotel"
The Kingston Hotel is an excellent budget hotel for those who are willing to accept a small room and a bathroom down the hall. The staff is exceptionally friendly. Breakfast is included and consists of toast/bagel, juice, and coffee. The central location in the Vancouver downtown provides easy access to several different tourist and restaurant areas. The hotel is also two blocks from the Skytrain station for airport access. The location is in a very safe area.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Budget Bob
"Nice basic European style bed and breakfast."
Nice basic European style bed and breakfast. Bathrooms are down the hall and the furniture and building are old but everything is really clean and accomidating.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
justin
"good location"
very good staff breakfast a bit too simple but still okay good location
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
"Perfect location and service"
Wonderful place to stay with great service, met all of myexpectations
4 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2014
"Nice Hotel, friendly staff"
The staff was very helpful. Enjoyable stay, thank you!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Good price, convenient location, comfortable room"
I would stay in this hotel again and I recommend it. I stayed at the beginning of their 'off season' so the hotel was quiet. My room was $73/night before taxes and I shared a bath which proved no inconvenience at all. There was no TV in my room but there is one in the ground floor lobby which proved sufficient for my needs. I listened to audiobooks in my room. I was able to catch public transport to go where I needed to go and there is a Catholic Cathedral a block and 1/2 away, which was a plus for me. Plenty of restaurants of varying price ranges within easy walking distance and a grocery store. I felt safe and hope to go back next year about the same time of the year.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Construction non-stop around hotel"
Because of non-stop construction around ALL sides of the hotel, night and day, it was non-stop noise. Faculty was ok. If you have a difficult time sleeping around noise, you should avoid . Reservation comment "quiet room is not guaranteed" is an understatement. Bathroom clean, carpet 30 yrs old
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Comfortable in good location"
Two nights post-cruise. Our tiny room was cozy. Shared bathroom was fine and always clean. Surrounding construction could be a problem for day sleepers. Close to vibrant restaurant and shopping scene. Grocery store and bus line within a block or two. Front desk personnel very helpful. Will stay again but upgrade to a bigger bed (the "double" was tiny and wedged up to the wall). Only negative was the mousetrap in the corner of our room.
2 night trip Sep 29, 2013
"Cute but very small"
This is a nice spot- but dont be fooled, breakfast is toast and an orange slice and the rooms are microscopic. Be aware that several rooms dont have bathrooms.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Small hot rooms with no water pressure"
When we arrived had to upgrade as room was so small you couldnt turn around. Upgraded room was so hot we had to have window open the whole time and a little fan running to bring in air...but then the noise from construction workers woke us at 6 in morning. We found empty bottles and trash under the beds and the room needed to be dusted. The water pressure was on and off and hot and cold while you where taking a shower so it was unjpleasant. The breakfast part was coffee, juice and toast. not a b an b. By the time we paid the difference we could have stayed at a better hotel.
3 night family trip Sep 15, 2013
nelson
"Good friendly service"
Room n bathrooms clean. Staff helpful n friendly. Location good n convenient. Recommended
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
lyn
"did not look like picture"
this is a shared bathroom for the entire floor with many rooms i thought two rooms would share one. I am 5-9, 165lbs wife smaller and barley fit on bed. no tv in room. lots of construction around town and it looks like it will be longer as new skyscraper go up almost next door. arrived on sunday very quiets left monday late morning and very noisey from construction so if you stay longer be prepared. breakfast begals, toast, orange slices, hot beverage. and again the picture on reservation site did not match the room there is no way they could have positioned a picture of a full bed from any location in our room
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Waiting for a cruise ship"
I've stayed here twice while waiting for cruise ships. It's not plush and the bathroom is a few doors away, but it is great for my purpose. It has a reasonable price, attendant and helpful front desk people, a free continental breakfast, is located 1/2 block from main shopping street, three blocks from city center, 2 blocks from Sky Train Terminal which runs to and from the airport, and is surrounded by many value restaurants. No A/C but they do provide a fan in the room. Currently lots of big building going on in area -- a good sign for coming things. Markets and sightseeing nearby.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Great location and price but room too small..."
My husband and I found a place to stay in Vancouver for a quick night on our way to our final destination. The hotel was very clean and well kept and at a great price. Overall we were satisfied with our stay but a few drawback must be pointed out. I knew ahead of time the room was small and that there was a shared bathroom but I was surprised as to how small the room really was. I'm not claustrophobic but almost felt like I was when I walked in the room. It basically just fits a bed a small sink and tiny desk against the wall. I don't think they had AC but we immediately opened the window to get some air. The bed was uncomfortable and I'm the type of person that can sleep standing up... The shared bathroom was a pain in the butt for me because I'm 8 months pregnant so had to walk down the hall 100 times a night. The room although small was very well kept and tidy :) A couple other items to point out, parking is $30 down the street. There isn't really a breakfast just coffee, orange juice and either toast or a bagel. I was expecting cereal, fruit or oatmeal. In conclusion for a quick stay in the middle of Vancouver at an affordable price the hotel worked great. Just make sure you are 100% comfortable with the shared bathroom and small room.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"one night stay in Kingston Hotel"
The weather was warm, but no air conditioner in the room, we opened the window, but noisy outside from over 5 ambulance or fire truck sirens. Room is small, also the bed.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Cindy
"Cute B&B in the heart of Vancouver"
The B&B staff were very accommodating after our flight didn't arrive until after midnight which was the latest check-out time. They stayed awake awaiting our arrival and very kindly checked us in and showed us to our room. The room was slightly warm but that's because there is no a/c for obvious reasons. We had a fan in the room that worked perfectly fine. There was some construction going on next door but not at night so it wasn't an issue for us. Overall it was a very pleasant experience for the night.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
Jackie
"Wonderful place"
Great place to stay in a great location. Convenient to China Town. Gas light area, and the docks. Right next door to a pleasant Pub and Restaurant
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"A good deal, great location"
Great location with great service. Staff was very knowledgable about the surrounding area and very helpful. The room was a little on the small side and a little inconvenient with a common bathroom. However, the price and overall experience more than make up for it.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Very conveniently located in the heart of the city"
My wife and I wanted to see the city of Vancouver, and the stay at the hotel made it efficient for us to see and feel the city. This stay followed a cruise to Alaska, and the staff at the hotel made us feel welcome and comfortable. It was about a 15 minute walk from the cruise ship terminal, and two blocks to the train ride to the airport when it was time for us to go. When we got there early, we were allowed to store our luggage until the room was ready.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Manny
"If you want quaint this is the place!!!"
Very quaint and historic building. Between two being built high-rises. Loved the place. Beds were very comfortable and pillows were great. Within walking distance to gas town and other up scale areas. Stanley park a short $2.75 bus ride to entrance. Only $8.00 cab ride to docks. However... No AC in rooms. Fans available. TV in some rooms not all rooms. Really didn't work well, but didn't need it. Lots of other things to do in Vancouver. Communal bathrooms very clean and well kept. Will probably go back. Excellent staff...very helpful.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013