All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Bar is awesome
    Good internet service
    Awesome vibe
    Uncomfortable
"Great location and price but room too small..."
My husband and I found a place to stay in Vancouver for a quick night on our way to our final destination. The hotel was very clean and well kept and at a great price. Overall we were satisfied with our stay but a few drawback must be pointed out. I knew ahead of time the room was small and that there was a shared bathroom but I was surprised as to how small the room really was. I'm not claustrophobic but almost felt like I was when I walked in the room. It basically just fits a bed a small sink and tiny desk against the wall. I don't think they had AC but we immediately opened the window to get some air. The bed was uncomfortable and I'm the type of person that can sleep standing up... The shared bathroom was a pain in the butt for me because I'm 8 months pregnant so had to walk down the hall 100 times a night. The room although small was very well kept and tidy :) A couple other items to point out, parking is $30 down the street. There isn't really a breakfast just coffee, orange juice and either toast or a bagel. I was expecting cereal, fruit or oatmeal. In conclusion for a quick stay in the middle of Vancouver at an affordable price the hotel worked great. Just make sure you are 100% comfortable with the shared bathroom and small room.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"one night stay in Kingston Hotel"
The weather was warm, but no air conditioner in the room, we opened the window, but noisy outside from over 5 ambulance or fire truck sirens. Room is small, also the bed.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Cindy
"Cute B&B in the heart of Vancouver"
The B&B staff were very accommodating after our flight didn't arrive until after midnight which was the latest check-out time. They stayed awake awaiting our arrival and very kindly checked us in and showed us to our room. The room was slightly warm but that's because there is no a/c for obvious reasons. We had a fan in the room that worked perfectly fine. There was some construction going on next door but not at night so it wasn't an issue for us. Overall it was a very pleasant experience for the night.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
Jackie
"Wonderful place"
Great place to stay in a great location. Convenient to China Town. Gas light area, and the docks. Right next door to a pleasant Pub and Restaurant
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"A good deal, great location"
Great location with great service. Staff was very knowledgable about the surrounding area and very helpful. The room was a little on the small side and a little inconvenient with a common bathroom. However, the price and overall experience more than make up for it.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Very conveniently located in the heart of the city"
My wife and I wanted to see the city of Vancouver, and the stay at the hotel made it efficient for us to see and feel the city. This stay followed a cruise to Alaska, and the staff at the hotel made us feel welcome and comfortable. It was about a 15 minute walk from the cruise ship terminal, and two blocks to the train ride to the airport when it was time for us to go. When we got there early, we were allowed to store our luggage until the room was ready.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Manny
"If you want quaint this is the place!!!"
Very quaint and historic building. Between two being built high-rises. Loved the place. Beds were very comfortable and pillows were great. Within walking distance to gas town and other up scale areas. Stanley park a short $2.75 bus ride to entrance. Only $8.00 cab ride to docks. However... No AC in rooms. Fans available. TV in some rooms not all rooms. Really didn't work well, but didn't need it. Lots of other things to do in Vancouver. Communal bathrooms very clean and well kept. Will probably go back. Excellent staff...very helpful.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"You get exactly what you paid for"
Keeping in mind this is a hotel about 4 blocks from the convention center, you most certainly won't be getting a 5 star experience. Shared single bathrooms, extremely poorly ventilated rooms, drooping/broken/smelly mattresses, and a very sketchy front desk clerk (who I'm pretty sure charged me for my friend for the night that helped us with our bags even though he didn't and didn't tell me about the charge he was running, claiming it was a "security deposit" even though it showed up as an extra charge when I checked my statement last night) bring this review down a lot. If this hotel was further than a mile away from the center this would be completely unacceptable and I would recommend you steer as far away from it as possible. I'm fairly certain you can find WAY better hotels if you don't mind an extra quarter of a mile of a walk. The convenience by the center is the only thing I'd recommend - everything else irritates me just thinking about it.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"A quaint place with character"
Nice, cozy, quaint place. Close to docks. Very friendly. Rooms are small, some share a bath and no ac, but we didn't need it with windows opened. Very clean. We enjoyed staying in the Kingston because of its character, location, and friendly service.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Lsv
"Pretty Sweet"
The location could not have been better. I was within walking distance of a lot of site-seeing opportunities and the bus tour stops. The hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. The room was super clean, if a bit smaller than I expected. It also would have been nice to have tv for end of day relaxation. The shared bathroom was not an issue at all - gave a dorm room quality to it which was cool. The free wifi was a bit spotty until much later at night. The pub connected to the hotel had great food and the discount for renting the room next door was nice.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2013
Ric
"Great value, great location for the money"
Good. Would do it again. Friendly staff.
4 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
Tmoney
I researched this property beforehand and knew what to expect so my stay was perfectly fine! I was aware of the construction and the shared bathroom well in advance. The room was larger than I expected and the fan was great since I had already known the air conditioning was a bit lacking. The staff, especially Negin, were all friendly and helpful. I packed extra toiletries to help me with the shared bathroom situation but they actually included some in the room anyhow. Only once did I have to go to another floor since the bathroom was occupied. Since I was rarely at the hotel, the sink was pretty adequate for my morning and evening routines. I suggest doing your research before staying here so that you know what to expect. I did that and was completely happy with my experience!
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Jetsettindaisy
"very convient"
I chose this hotel because of it's location near the train station. I was easily able to walk there. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the property. It was very well maintained, and I felt very comfortable and secure.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
"well maintained old hotel in prime area"
Old hotel that is very well maintained and kept clean. Room was VERY small. Bathroom was down the hall. Breakfast was adequate. Much cheaper than any other room in the area. Excellent location and lots of good eateries nearby. We used it as an overnighter before boarding a cruise ship ($10 taxi ride to Canada place)
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Good rate with free breakfast"
Staff were helpful, close to a grocery store, close to downtown, good rate, breakfast included, sauna, guest laundry. We booked a room with a private bath. No a/c and we were on the 3rd floor during the hottest day in Canada.
4 night romance trip Jun 30, 2013
"Good location, great price, but no air condition"
OK, I stayed in the "European" style room that shares the bathroom and shower down the hall. For me (traveling alone) the room was great. Having to go down the hall for the bathroom and shower was no big deal. The room had a full bed (shoved in the corner), no TV, no clock, a small sink, a chair and a closet (house slippers and robe included). No sure how comfortable the room would be for two people. Location is great, and the cost is GREAT. I would stay here again if traveling alone, but not with my wife.
3 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Tom T
"Not what most citizens of USA consider B and B"
Other B and Bs I have stayed in you have your own bathroom and breakfast is usually some interesting items. Maybe the distinction is that this is a B and B Hotel. The most in convient thing was having one toilet, shower, sink and hair dryer per floor, about 15 rooms. There was an additional women's shower with two toilets on the 2nd floor and a men's shower with two toilets on the third floor. I never had to wait for one of them to be available. Breakfast consisted of toast or bagel, a couple of orange slices, and coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice or water. Most of the other guest where from somewhere besides the US so maybe this is what you get in those countries. It is very convient to sights and transportation and the personnel is very friendly. Oh, yes no TV. If we ever go back to Vancouver we will try something else.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"Cute & cozy"
We enjoyed our night at the Kingston. The room was tastefully old fashioned but clean, neat, and updated. Sharing bathrooms was not a problem especially when they provided a robe. We were also easily within walking distance to the docks.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Teresa
"Better than expected"
Room was smaller but very clean and had a window that opened for fresh air. Shared bath was fine. No problem with taking an early morning shower. Great location with lots of restaurants near by. There is construction next door but never affected me. Overall very good stay and I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
Doug
"Nice location, great price!"
Overall the Kingston Hotel B&B is great! The staff was friendly and accommodating and the hotel itself is in an ideal location! Everything was incredibly clean, including the shared bathrooms. The only problem is there is very little air flow in the rooms themselves, so any day above 60 degrees made the room hot. The hotel provides a fan, but it's not enough to keep you cool. Don't let that be a deterrent though, this is a jewel in Vancouver!
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"Homey B&B in center of city and very convenient."
My husband and I had only 2 nights in Vancouver and a limited budget. This was perfect for us and gave us a chance to "taste" the city by walking and exploring. We have often stayed in simple Bed & Breakfast inns in the U.K. and this reminded us of them. Our room was bed and sink only, but bathrooms and showers were very close by, and they even offered a sauna!
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Margaret
"Good value for the price"
Pro + It will be hard to beat the price of this hotel. + The location is great. Right in downtown Vancouver within walking distance of the attractions. + The staff is very helpful and friendly Con - The hotel smells old and musty. It helped to open the windows. (A few other reviewers have made this comment, so this might be an issue on some floors, but not all. I stayed on the 2nd floor). - The internet is intermittent and stops working from time to time altogether. - The hotel is located between two construction sites, so there is construction noise during the day. Other comments 1. The hotel seems to be in a safe area, but the hotel and room security is simple. 2. Breakfast is simple: one bagel + a cup of coffee + a glass of orange juice.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"I liked this hotel."
For the price, you can't think that you will be staying in a resort. What you pay is what you get. In Vancouver, I would say that this is one of the better places to stay for this price. There isn't any noisy club under you making noise all night, which is a plus. They have bagels and toast in the morning for free. I was hesitant about the bathroom being down the hall, but it was kind of nice honestly. You still get a sink in your room. All in all, I likes this hotel. It is close to everything and I plan on staying there again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"No Security - No Deadbolt On the Door"
The bathroom was not clean; the staff wanted to charge me .25 per page to print my airline boarding passes and worse of all I did not sleep because of safety concerns. Shortly after settling in the room around 5pm a man entered the room by using a key. He excused himself when I yelled for him to get out. The hotel room does not have a deadbolt there is no security. Some rooms have no bathroom and there are communal showers for those rooms. The men's shower was right next to our room and after the earlier incident every time someone used it throughout the night I was on guard at the door. There was a lot of commotion at 3 am which was most disconcerting.
Other trip May 31, 2013
Ex Disney Cast
"Great location!"
Great location, excellent survice . The hotel has free wifi and is very quiet at night . I would recomend it and I would stay there again if come back to Vancouver.
1 night trip May 13, 2013
"Quick stay"
just needed for one night before a cruise. Easy walking distance to the pier past all the designer hotels. Nestled between a couple high rise construction sights the noise was a little disturbing but in the evenings everything was quiet. This is definitely a European style hotel; very small with bathroom down the hall. both were very clean and no smell...I hate musty old hotels so we were very pleased. staff were very cordial and professional.
Other trip May 12, 2013
"great stay and even better location"
I was impressed by the accesibility and proximity of the hotel to all the mayor places in downtown everything was walking distance and the hotel staff were very friendly. the shared bathroom was not an issue at all as I thought prior to my stay. will recommend two thumbs up!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2013
K Garth
"Shawn you are awesome"
I enjoyed, I'll recommend to some more friends.
7 night business trip Mar 6, 2013
Muddu
Good serivce and reasonable price
1 night trip Mar 7, 2013
Yoshi

Room is very small
4 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
MING
"Kingston hotel secret surprise"
Used the Kingston for new years eve. Was a great location, clean, and the staff was very nice. Having the taphouse next door was a bonus. Loved the old world charm. We would stay again
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
michael
"First class service"
This is a great hotel if your in Vancouver for business. The simple continental breakfast is perfect to get the day started and the hotel's downtown location is central and convenient. The staff is very helpful and courteous.
6 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
Not Provided
"My stay at Kingston hotel"
The staff are very welcoming, helpful and nice. I enjoyed my stay in the hotel except that the room is quite small. Nearest to transport, restaurants and shopping mails good
6 night business trip Nov 29, 2015
ayotunde
"Relaxing and Comfortable old school feel."
well don't let the construction outside deter you. it has a classic feel and is well maintained for an older hotel. the front desk was very helpful and nice all times of the day/night. the breakfast is mainly bagels and an assortment of drinks but across the street is the best place in Vancouver to eat breakfast if you have a bigger appetite. the beds were clean the shower was a bit short but overall it was a great stay. the price was great due to it being last minute but i bet you can get a better rate for multiple days.
1 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
Timothy
"Good alternative to higher end hotels in downtown"
Decent accommodation in a nicely redecorated older hotel, continental breakfast included. Not aware the bathroom was down the hall until I checked in. Basic price is for a 3/4 size bed, rooms are small. It is abit pricey due to proximity to center of Vancouver and higher end accommodation nearby.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
"Good neighbourhood and decent price"
Service was great, pub downstairs is awesome. Rooms are a bit dated and have small beds, but price was decent and location was good.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"Good week in Vancouver"
Building work next door did not affect my stay at all. Staff very helpful with local knowledge, as well as providing a welcoming and easy atmosphere at all times. Low key did not mean low standards.
8 night trip Sep 16, 2015
As always it was excellent as always
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"nice place to stay close to everything"
Lovely place all staff take care of us and clean place
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"It's very small place"
Please make a variety of breakfast food everyday thank u
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Clean, well run bed and breakfast"
The Kingston Bed and Breakfast is an older venue (built 1910?) located in downtown Vancouver, so I walked to all the venues I needed to visit. It is very clean, and the staff are quite friendly. It is a Bed and Breakfast, not a hotel - there are shared bathrooms and showers (although there is a sink in the bedroom). Towels are provided, as is soap and shampoo (just like a hotel). There was no television (but free WiFi), and no air conditioning in the very compact rooms. The breakfast was bagels or toast with orange wedges, orange juice and coffee, tea or hot chocolate, but was available almost all morning. It is adjacent to a pub, and they offer those who stay at the B&B a discount on the restaurant food. Perhaps not for those who prefer luxury and pampering, but quite affordable and sensible for those who need to be downtown, and use a hotel as a place to sleep.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Excellent for this price and in downtown location.
4 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
Niranjan
IN
"Close to BC Place for concerts"
Very tiny rooms but our fault not doing more research. No air conditioning. Price definitely reflects the quality. Probably won't stay again. Staff was excellent
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
kim and Mylyn
Stayed 2 days before an Alaskan Cruise. Great central location for sight seeing on foot and by hop-on-hop-off. Adjoining restaurant is superb. Had a great time.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Glenn
This hotel is in a good location, and whilst the hotel is quiet, the current construction noise outside the window was not, but it looks to be ending soon. Single room had plenty of space for me and my stuff. The staff were friendly and helpful, the shared amenities were always clean and available. Even receive a discount on meals at the tap room and eating place next door.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Good Budget Option"
Great location a short walk from Gastown and Yaletown. Clean and secure. Very friendly. Rooms are very very small though.
3 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
Tony
Pretty bad experience. Worst hotel I have ever been! :(
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
HUGO
The room was stinky, smelly.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Maria
"Great bar!"
Rooms were adequate for what you need from them, sleeping. Otherwise the downtown is all around you. FANTASTIC server in Aretha next door at the bar.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015