All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here757 Richards Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 3A6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"very convient"
I chose this hotel because of it's location near the train station. I was easily able to walk there. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the property. It was very well maintained, and I felt very comfortable and secure.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
"well maintained old hotel in prime area"
Old hotel that is very well maintained and kept clean. Room was VERY small. Bathroom was down the hall. Breakfast was adequate. Much cheaper than any other room in the area. Excellent location and lots of good eateries nearby. We used it as an overnighter before boarding a cruise ship ($10 taxi ride to Canada place)
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Good rate with free breakfast"
Staff were helpful, close to a grocery store, close to downtown, good rate, breakfast included, sauna, guest laundry. We booked a room with a private bath. No a/c and we were on the 3rd floor during the hottest day in Canada.
4 night romance trip Jun 30, 2013
"Good location, great price, but no air condition"
OK, I stayed in the "European" style room that shares the bathroom and shower down the hall. For me (traveling alone) the room was great. Having to go down the hall for the bathroom and shower was no big deal. The room had a full bed (shoved in the corner), no TV, no clock, a small sink, a chair and a closet (house slippers and robe included). No sure how comfortable the room would be for two people. Location is great, and the cost is GREAT. I would stay here again if traveling alone, but not with my wife.
3 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Tom T
"Not what most citizens of USA consider B and B"
Other B and Bs I have stayed in you have your own bathroom and breakfast is usually some interesting items. Maybe the distinction is that this is a B and B Hotel. The most in convient thing was having one toilet, shower, sink and hair dryer per floor, about 15 rooms. There was an additional women's shower with two toilets on the 2nd floor and a men's shower with two toilets on the third floor. I never had to wait for one of them to be available. Breakfast consisted of toast or bagel, a couple of orange slices, and coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice or water. Most of the other guest where from somewhere besides the US so maybe this is what you get in those countries. It is very convient to sights and transportation and the personnel is very friendly. Oh, yes no TV. If we ever go back to Vancouver we will try something else.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"Cute & cozy"
We enjoyed our night at the Kingston. The room was tastefully old fashioned but clean, neat, and updated. Sharing bathrooms was not a problem especially when they provided a robe. We were also easily within walking distance to the docks.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Teresa
"Better than expected"
Room was smaller but very clean and had a window that opened for fresh air. Shared bath was fine. No problem with taking an early morning shower. Great location with lots of restaurants near by. There is construction next door but never affected me. Overall very good stay and I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
Doug
"Nice location, great price!"
Overall the Kingston Hotel B&B is great! The staff was friendly and accommodating and the hotel itself is in an ideal location! Everything was incredibly clean, including the shared bathrooms. The only problem is there is very little air flow in the rooms themselves, so any day above 60 degrees made the room hot. The hotel provides a fan, but it's not enough to keep you cool. Don't let that be a deterrent though, this is a jewel in Vancouver!
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"Homey B&B in center of city and very convenient."
My husband and I had only 2 nights in Vancouver and a limited budget. This was perfect for us and gave us a chance to "taste" the city by walking and exploring. We have often stayed in simple Bed & Breakfast inns in the U.K. and this reminded us of them. Our room was bed and sink only, but bathrooms and showers were very close by, and they even offered a sauna!
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Margaret
"Good value for the price"
Pro + It will be hard to beat the price of this hotel. + The location is great. Right in downtown Vancouver within walking distance of the attractions. + The staff is very helpful and friendly Con - The hotel smells old and musty. It helped to open the windows. (A few other reviewers have made this comment, so this might be an issue on some floors, but not all. I stayed on the 2nd floor). - The internet is intermittent and stops working from time to time altogether. - The hotel is located between two construction sites, so there is construction noise during the day. Other comments 1. The hotel seems to be in a safe area, but the hotel and room security is simple. 2. Breakfast is simple: one bagel + a cup of coffee + a glass of orange juice.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"I liked this hotel."
For the price, you can't think that you will be staying in a resort. What you pay is what you get. In Vancouver, I would say that this is one of the better places to stay for this price. There isn't any noisy club under you making noise all night, which is a plus. They have bagels and toast in the morning for free. I was hesitant about the bathroom being down the hall, but it was kind of nice honestly. You still get a sink in your room. All in all, I likes this hotel. It is close to everything and I plan on staying there again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"No Security - No Deadbolt On the Door"
The bathroom was not clean; the staff wanted to charge me .25 per page to print my airline boarding passes and worse of all I did not sleep because of safety concerns. Shortly after settling in the room around 5pm a man entered the room by using a key. He excused himself when I yelled for him to get out. The hotel room does not have a deadbolt there is no security. Some rooms have no bathroom and there are communal showers for those rooms. The men's shower was right next to our room and after the earlier incident every time someone used it throughout the night I was on guard at the door. There was a lot of commotion at 3 am which was most disconcerting.
Other trip May 31, 2013
Ex Disney Cast
"Great location!"
Great location, excellent survice . The hotel has free wifi and is very quiet at night . I would recomend it and I would stay there again if come back to Vancouver.
1 night trip May 13, 2013
"Quick stay"
just needed for one night before a cruise. Easy walking distance to the pier past all the designer hotels. Nestled between a couple high rise construction sights the noise was a little disturbing but in the evenings everything was quiet. This is definitely a European style hotel; very small with bathroom down the hall. both were very clean and no smell...I hate musty old hotels so we were very pleased. staff were very cordial and professional.
Other trip May 12, 2013
"great stay and even better location"
I was impressed by the accesibility and proximity of the hotel to all the mayor places in downtown everything was walking distance and the hotel staff were very friendly. the shared bathroom was not an issue at all as I thought prior to my stay. will recommend two thumbs up!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2013
K Garth
"Shawn you are awesome"
I enjoyed, I'll recommend to some more friends.
7 night business trip Mar 6, 2013
Muddu
Good serivce and reasonable price
1 night trip Mar 7, 2013
Yoshi
It was courteous, clean and perfect for the conference nearby at UBC-Robson Square. It was a shock to pay extra to park a car, and to pay a $50 fee in addition to the hotel price given on the internet.
3 night business trip Jan 11, 2013
"Kingston Hotel Bed and Breakfast"
We had a great time staying here. If you are looking for something modern or fancy, you might not be happy with it. We had a tiny room with a tiny bed and a shared bathroom down the hall. It was pretty much exactly what we expected. Very European. Everything was clean, but the towels could use some bleach! The staff was very nice, the price was very reasonable, and the location was perfect. We took the train up and walked to the hotel. On our second day, we walked up to Stanley Park and had a great day there. That evening we walked to the BC Place Stadium to see Paul McCartney. There are also a lot of good places to eat withing walking distance, including the Kingston restaurant right next door. Breakfast was coffee and a toasted bagel. It was perfect for us. If you are not fussy, and are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep, this is a great choice. We will definitely return!
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
Victoria
The jackhammers outside my window before 8 am were a shock. Nothing the hotel can do about that. Was quiet the rest of the time. Will stay with you again when taking the train from the US.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2012
"Ok for a short stay."
The staff were excellent, the location great. The rooms very small, the double bed very small and has shared bathrooms. In regards to shared bathrooms, it worked out ok as there were several of them. Breakfast was a toasted bagel and cup of tea. The overall stay was ok as it was just for 1 night. It was good value for the money paid.
Other trip Sep 12, 2012
Happy wanderer
Lked the European style.....no TVs. The shared restrooms reminded us our honeymoon in Austria. Personnel was friendly, helpful, and gracious.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2012
"Not was was expected"
I made this reservation for my son who was leaving the US to go to school in Canada for a year. We live in small town and i was looking for a place that would be homey yet in downtown Vancouver. He said his room was very small with a single bed, said it would be a double and the hotel smells quite musty and old. Unless it was missed, there didn't seem to be a common area where he could watch TV or relax. Unfortunately, I missed the info about a construction site, and it started at 6 a.m., but that was my oversight.
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
Tiny room but great for a short stay. Absolutely central location with great things going on around downtown. Clean - the shared bathrooms are spotless and very nice, the hotel and hallways and breakfast area are all well kept. 5/5 especially for the price!
2 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2012
"A hidden gem"
A real experience. Hotel was built in 1910 so is only one double bed, no air conditioning and a shared shower but great value for a couple. Came with a continental breakfast which was a bonus. Provides free in room wifi and a laundry which also helps keep the costs down. Location is right in the shopping area and closer to the historic parts of the town than the big name hotels. Currently has major construction going on both sides so get woken if you want to sleep in late during mid-week.
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
"Great Hotel to visit vancouver"
This hotel is just in downtown. The place is simple but has everything you need. Breakfast is perfect and the staff is very nice. During the day the hotel is a bit noisy from 7.30AM because of the works and excavators near, but at 4.00PM it stops
Other trip Jul 29, 2012
"Center of downtown"
This hotel is right in the middle of downtown and not far from the airport train as well. Our room was clean. The continental breakfast was toatsted bagels, coffee, orange juice, and orange slices. The hotel staff were very nice. It may not be your thing if you don't like sharing a bathroom with the floor, but I was able to manage for a few days! Overall I would definitely stay here again!
3 night trip Jun 29, 2012
Mary Beth
"A So, So Hotel"
It was OK for the price, but the continental breakfast was a real disappointment. It could hardly be called a breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2012
Bob C.
"Convenient and clean for simple traveling"
If you get a standard room, do not be surprised that the room is rather small (13' x 8') with a small sink and mirror; a small, built-in closet; a small desk and chair, and a full-size bed. There's not a lot of room but it is quite comfy and clean as it receives daily care. The breakfast part of B&B includes bagel or toast, juice or coffee, and some cut up fruit. Although a standard room includes sharing a bathroom with the rest of the floor, the bathrooms are constantly cleaned. I would give a tip to all travelers staying at this B&B to leave the door of the bathroom open after you have used it as we found ourselves waiting a lot of time for people to get out when in reality no one was there and we were too shy to knock. After a while, we all started leaving the door semi-open to not cause others unnecessary wait.
Other trip Jul 15, 2012
Budget vacay
"PETIT CACHET - LOVED IT!!"
I so enjoyed the European style Bed & Breakfast. Very simple, clean, quiet, in the center of it all and very reasonnably priced. Will definitely return. So glad I found this place!!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2012
Patricia K
"Small, but good"
Small hotel with shared bathrooms (two on our floor), but a clean and good place. Close to everything in downtown and easy to get parking.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2012
Luke
"You get what you pay for..."
We got a room prebooked on the 3d floor. There is one bathroom and a men's shower for the entire floor which are about 10 rooms. Needless to say the bathrooms are always occupied. We also did not have air in the room and it was very uncomfortable. The view of the room was a construction site which started to make noise at 6am. The room is tiny and the bed is 3/4 full. If you don't mind all these conveniences, the price is right. The lady night of our stay we slept at the Victorian which for 25 dollars extra got so much more- great breakfast and beautiful cool rooms.
3 night trip Jul 8, 2012
Maria C
"Wonderful Euro-style hotel...highly recommend"
We were very pleased with our stay at the Kingston in Vancouver. The hotel was extremely clean, the service was exemplary, and the location could not have been better. We were only half a block from a grocery store and from a variety of restaurants. Very convenient to shopping, also. Breakfast was pleasant and tasty. We will stay at the Kingston again if the opportunity arises. We were there for a total of 6 nights...before and after our cruise to Alaska. Great hotel. Love the small hotel atmosphere. Also, just in case you are concerned about the bathrooms being down the hall...no worries. There was only one time when we had to wait for access to the shower. Wonderful experience and great price, too.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2012
"Perfect room to sleep in; best location possible"
Great little room with a desk, night table, sink, and mini-closet. Very small but perfect because we were barely in it. Didn't enjoy sharing the shower with the other rooms but it was worth it for the price to be in the middle of the downtown action on Canada Day weekend. Breakfast consists of a bagel or toast, coffee and orange juice. Just enough for a great start to the day. Good service from the front desk staff.
3 night trip Jun 30, 2012
Krystle
"Good value."
This is actually not as bad as I expected. Basically, I got what I paid for. You can't get any cheaper in the downtown Vancouver area. I would recommend to my friends who don't want to spend too much and get a good location in the city.
Other trip Jun 22, 2012
Fred
"Excellent value"
Small hotel, clean, quiet, well-maintained, helpful and well-informed staff, comfortable small room. Had no problem getting into shared toilets, showers, or spa when we needed to. Adjacent pub was pleasant. Would stay here again. Great central downtown location, near transportation hubs, walkable to train station.
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2012
"Great value, location, I'd stay again!"
Much nicer than I expected - nice decor, updated, free wifi, good location, nice staff. The room was small but adequate (like a NYC room), multiple bathrooms to choose from, a sink in room-convenient. Only disappointment was that the sauna is open only from 11-8 because the room is also one of the shared bathrooms.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2012
Annette
"recomended only if your travelling alone..."
location was perfect, but Vancouver is a city where you can get everywhere very easily by bus or skytrain, so I feel it didn´t make much difference being in downtown and paying for a tiny room, where you don´t want to be at all, the matress was old and uncomfortable, I didn´t sleep well, and you can hear everything next room and hallway. towells where old, same as sheets and furniture. Parking space is not included... Not good for couples and ABSOLUTLY NOT GOOD FOR FAMILIES...
Other trip Jun 5, 2012
Dinah
"Great downtown location at an affordable price"
Looking to stay in Vancouver BC and want to be downtown but not pay big hotel prices then this is the place. The room is cozy but I'm not the type to spend my vacation in a hotel so it was perfect for me. Would stay again.
5 night trip with friends May 28, 2012
"No bathroom!"
Nice Hotel but I had no idea I would be sharing a bathroom! It was not too much of a hassle but my booking did not indicate this. Overall it's a convenient and nice hotel close to cruise port in Vancouver. The local area leaves something to be desired but overall a good experience...so long as you wish to share a bathroom.
1 night trip May 20, 2012
RB

"nice staff clean hotel"
very nice hotel staff,very clean,even had robe and slippers for the price good value, don't expect to sleep in with construction though.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
lisa
"nice hotel"
the only thing missing was a dirty laundry bag in the room, and the TV was small and low to the floor.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
monique
"Kingston thumbs up!"
The Kingston was a great place to stay for one night. The staff were very nice and the small breakfast included in the morning was a nice gesture. The hotel was only a few blocks away from Library Square where we had been spending the evening.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Ryan
"Right price for basics with excellent service"
Kingston deserves a higher rating, even though its basic amenities are less than "normal" hotels. You save the right amount of money for what you lose in room size and amenities. No TV, no bathroom and small room with sink BUT all done much better than others like Pickwick Arms in NYC (52nd and 2nd) now the Pod Hotel.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
Frederick
"Practical NY-style excellence"
Four good sleeps. Basic rooms have no TV or bathroom but clean as a whistle and quiet too. Don't really need ac in Vancouver. Hot tip: Vancouver Community College is just two blocks away NE for all three meals. Breakfast might offer a few more choices. Attached pub restaurant is excellent. Ask for 15% off coupon for hotel guests.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Frederick
"Strongly recommended"
It's truly a bed and breakfast European style feeling with toast and coffee or tea in the morning. Love it
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Jeanette
"Kingston Hotel a Keeper"
Stayed for one night. Charming hotel with friendly sincere staff. Breakfast included (toast or bagel and a glass of juice...) but that's all I need! It sits between two new high-rise buildings that are under construction. It was generally quieter than I thought! I will stay there again.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Gustav
"Great downtown choice"
Great staff, nice room, incredible location. New favorite for downtown! Only criticism would be nice to have a bit more breakfast variety. Otherwise excellent all round.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Kristine
"Great!"
AWESOME SURVICE! The man at the front desk was extremely nice- we didnt know it was a shared bathroom and he was able to change our room to the private bathroom with no frustration. The kingston taphouse right next to had great food and beer also we really enjoyed it. Downside is that hotel is right in thr middle of contruction site- not too noisy but looks kind bad. But overall it was great to stay here and hey, nice price!
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Boram
"Great location and cheap"
This hotel is great if you're on a budget. It has everything you need plus a free breakfast and its walking distance to pretty much everything. The room was a bit cramped but you get what you pay for and its nothing to complain about! The people are super friendly and helpful to top it off
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015