All hotels in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here405 Washington Ave, St. Louis, MO, 63102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel, ok rooms"
Great hotel, the location is prefect to explore St Louis. The hotel is well maintained but showing it's age. A lot of walls on floor nine are patched and not even painted to match. The rooms are much the same, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I'd stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Hotel that prides on tradition thats good and bad"
Hotel was very impressive in that it kept its historical richness. The rooms also kept to that standard. So the rooms are small, bathroom was tiny with no room for toiltries etc. IF you like that historical look and feel , you will love this place. If you would rather have a more modern look and feel this will not be your place.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
I wasn't very happy with the room. The staff was very nice but my room wasn't very nice. It look better online then the real thing.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Ed
"Reasonable rates and in a good location"
We came for a St. Louis Cardinal series and due to the fact that our stay was over a period of "game days", we were allowed to dress casual. Otherwise their was a dress code for the lobby, bar and restaurant. Our room was small, but nice. The bathroom had been remodeled, but with just the basics. No vanity or shelf. Not even a fan or a towel bar. The price was right for a hotel in it's location. I wouldn't want to stay for more than a few nights.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Good value, walking distance to downtown locales."
Only had one night to stay. Was clean, safe, easy in and out. Was unfortunate that while we out for dinner they lost power. Was a 2 hour wait for that to be resolved. Did get a generous bill adjustment for our inconvenience. Would stay again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great experience"
I had a great experience at this hotel. The location was convenient, the service extremely helpful and friendly, and the hotel's conditions comfortable.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great location for our extended trip"
Great e perience. Hotel staff was extremely courteous.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
travel frequent
"Think twice before committing"
The rooms were old-fashioned to a fault: the bed had the look of a quaint 1930's-40's bed but was like sleeping on a concrete box. The bathroom was outdated with a sink that did not drain and only about a 2 'x 2' shower stall. No counter top and no good place for towels. Okay to stay if you just need a place to stay downtown for the Cards game, but not a hotel to use for more than 1 night.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"great location"
This was a very nice old hotel. We stayed on the 9th floor, very quiet, nice soft beds and pillows. Easy parking access. We were able to walk to the Arch from the hotel easily. Very friendly staff.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
family of 4
"Good Location, Not so great customer service"
The location of this hotel was absolutely perfect for our stay. As far as customer service, they could improve. There were two desk clerks, one was amazingly nice and helpful and made several suggestions on what to do and where to eat. The other, however, was very rude to us and several other customers I saw come in. Another thing was we drove for 8 hours and arrived AT 4:00 pm, which we were told was check in time. The not so friendly desk clerk told us that we can't expect for the room to actually be ready and said it wold be 45 minutes. We waited 35 and then went back up to ask for an update. She said that it would be another hour. To me, that was completely unacceptable. The other desk clerk, came over and found us another room that was had been clean the entire time and was available. Another thing was the bathroom had no plug in.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
S. G.
"exciting older city hotel"
generally, it served our purposes. the kids loved having their own room!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"A Real Jewel"
If you like character and a great location, this is the place to stay in St. Louis. It's within easy walking distance to all the downtown St. Louis attractions, including the Arch, ballpark and arena.. I found the venue quite charming. It's a real old-fashioned athletic club, with dark paneling everywhere, and even a humidor with cigars at the front desk (caution: if you're very sensitive to cigar smoke, you will encounter it occasionally in the lobby area). he health club is out of this world, including a full-sized gym, free weights and machines, and a host of cardio equipment. There is an additional nominal charge for this. The staff went out of their way to offer assistance and were responsive when I had a need. My only real complaint was that my room had a noticable musty smell, that seemed to eminate from the bathroom. I purchased an air freshener from a nearby grocery store which handled that.
5 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"Nice old hotel downtown"
The hotel was old elegance, and very nicely maintained in the common areas. The room was tiny and dated. TV wouldn't work at check in and it took two requests before someone came and fixed it. View out the window was a filthy air shaft. Climate controls were antique and it took two days for the room to warm up enough to not have to be in bed when in the room. This was in July! It was freezing in the room.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
It was ok ... you can tell its just old. There is an old smell to it.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great people, poor hotel"
No continental breakfast, rooms are very dated. My kids were very disappointed to find the pool is only a lap pool. And our room had absolutely the best view of the roof over the hotels basketball court. The staff was very pleasant and friendly.
4 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
"Older hotel"
Couldn't get to pool. That floor was for members only. No one at desk when needed to leave early due to emergency. Had to step up into bathroom.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2014
"Beautiful, friendly, the whole package"
I have stayed many places, this by far was totally unexpected. It was a great hotel, with great architecture and the most friendly staff I have come across in a very long time.. The restaurant had amazing food and the atmosphere was totally amazing..
5 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Stacey Kaphan
This place smells old - not bad - just old. While that will be a turnoff for some, we loved the ambiance. Not just another cookie-cutter hotel, this place has real history to celebrate. Our bathroom was small - that was the only downer. But we loved it. Great bar! Try a frozen cherry martini. The staff was outstanding. Parking was wonderful, too.
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Classy"
This hotel had a very classy and historic main lobby that truly made myself feel like I was in a 5 star hotel. The room was much bigger and nicer than anticipated for the price. They even provided a shuttle to Busch stadium! The only downside is the area that surrounds it, it's pretty slummy. The stadium is only a 10 minute walk away, but travel in packs at night...
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
pittsburgh fan
"Historic building"
Room was clean and also met our needs. Close to metro link. Friendly staff. Nice parking garage.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"A wonderful stay!"
I Really Enjoyed My Stay At This Hotel.. I Was A Little Concerned About The Oldness Of The Building, But Once I Entered, It Was Beautiful And Had Historic Charm. My Room Was Very Clean And Had Amazing Views Of Downtown St. Louis.. I Was In Walking Distance Of Everything.. The Staff Was Also Super Nice..
2 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
"Two bed room"
It was very nice and great value. The workers were friendly. Could tell the rooms were a bit aged, had a stain on the carpet. But overall a great experience.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Samantha
"Close to all must-see sights"
I love the Hotel and the staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Victoria F.
"Missouri Athletic Club"
The staff was very friendly. We got to the hotel early and they were able to put us in our room right away. The only bad thing was that the fitness center was not open on Sunday, other than that the stay was great
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Tim Smith
"Overlooked gem"
A magnificent old athletic club that has character and class. We were treated as guests.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"History Hotel in Downtown St. Louis"
I was very pleasantly surprised by this gorgeous hotel. It is centrally located, a couple of blocks from the St. Louis Arch, and from some of the best Blues Bars in the city. The Metro was also only a couple of blocks away. The athletic facilities are fantastic --a large pool where one could do laps, and a large work out room with free weight and all kinds of nautilus machines, as well as a basket ball court. The Athletic in the name of the hotel is amply justified.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
"Good value, good people"
The hotel is in a good location to the ballparks and the Arch. The staff were excellent. The decor is dated, the carpet needs replacing (some stains, old and worn) but the bed was comfortable and the room a reasonable size. Everything was working properly in the room, although the climate controls are dated and could be upgraded as well. The shower stall was very small (I'm not big but I can imaging large people bumping into the walls as they soap up!). As I was on a business trip, the location was great and for the price - I'd stay there again. The only one real negative, is that because it is a 'Club' they are allowed to sell cigars and the bar/restaurant allows smoking. I couldn't eat there because of the smell of cigar smoke, which I really despise. That colored my overall impressions.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Loved all the amenities except bummed that once we arrived it was only open for two hours for the pool.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Convenient to the Arch"
Beautiful interior of a lovely old building. Happy to see it has been preserved. Pool was well maintained, staff was courteous and very helpful. The bathroom in our room was adequate, but lacked some conveniences that newer facilities have. Very clean and gave us a lovely taste of the elegance of the past.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Great location for convention center"
old but clean and function well
2 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Wonderful hotel."
Loved our stay !! Very good service, everyone was friendly and helpful! The hotel was beautiful and clean! Location was excellent. It was very quiet even in the center of the city!! Shuttle was a nice perk! We would stay again!
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"a trip back in time"
I was perfectly happy staying where we were and very pleased with its centrality. My granddaughter (20) was not happy with the room or the dress code. It colored her experience, but I thought it was great and it brought a lot of memories back for me (70).
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Dolly
"Nice location but don't plan on sleeping in."
Hammers banging on something at 8 AM (normally not a big deal but had a late game and didn't get much sleep). Not sure what they were working on but I would think you wouldn't start at 8 AM. This was very inconvenient. The shower is tiny and the toilet is made for people around 5 foot tall.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Jihn
"Amazing for the price"
You can tell the hotel is old but the rooms were comfortable and clean. The location is great for downtown and they have a shuttle to take you to and from Cardinal games. You can't find a better deal in downtown. I'll be staying here again.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
Curt
"Good for flying solo"
I picked the MAC because of its location, which was perfect. I was across the street from a casino, across the street from the Rams stadium, and a pleasant 10 minute walk from Busch Stadium. I didn't have to use my car once for the entire trip. Traveling alone, I didn't mind the room so much, but it was lacking. Small and outdated, it felt like a dorm room. I would have liked A/C controls, and the ice/vending machines were on a different floor. The room was very clean, though, and the staff was knowledgeable and very helpful. I would stay at the MAC again if I'm in St. Louis alone, but probably not if my wife is with me.
2 night trip May 27, 2014
"Good hotel!"
My husband and I stayed 3 days and the hotel was great! My only negative about the hotel is the shower didn't drain well and there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room.. but that's just minor things! The room was clean comfortable. The big plus for us was so many things to do within walking distance. The room service was great and reasonably priced! We would definitely stay there again!
3 night trip May 19, 2014
"MAC"
Hotel had a nice vintage feel to it. Rooms were a bit small, but not bad. Would have liked to had free access to the pool and athletic amenities. We were told it was a $12 per person for access. Only real complaint was the lack of water pressure in the bathroom. Both in the sink and in the shower.
1 night business trip May 27, 2014
"I had a good time"
I had a good time staying here for my birthday. However i got a suite and i assumed that a Queen bed suite would include a refrigerator and a microwave. But it didnt. And the bathrom was really industrial looking. With a shower only. Which was also a surprise. But the service was great. The workers were really friendly and helpful since this was my first time staying there. It made me feel exclusive even being a non member. A friend and i ordered room service for breakfast after a long night out on the town. And i do have to say that was the most delicious breakfast ive ever had anywhere. And being a Chef by trade that says a lot. I will consider staying here in the future and experiencing more of what the property has to offer. Which is indeed more than enough for anyone. But can you guys please put fridges and microwaves in your suites?! And do something about those bathrooms. It reminds me of highschool lockerroom shower stalls. And thats not a good thing.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
"Suite"
The suite didn't have a refrigerator or anything to cook with. There was no bathtub only a tiny corner shower.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Well within walking distance to ballpark and Arch"
Enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is old but well kept, clean and comfy. Would definitely stay there again.
4 night trip May 21, 2014
K. Thompson
The only reason we chose this hotel was because of the gym, swimming pool, etc. Imagine our surprise when we checked in Saturday afternoon and found out they were closing in a few hours and would remain closed during our stay. Very disappointing! To add insult to injury, we returned to our room and found a huge cockroach dead on the floor which made us all uneasy. Needless to say, we will not be staying again nor recommending it to any friends/family.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Totally outdated"
The hotel is totally outdated and extremely overpriced. The rooms are old. Don't waste your money!
1 night trip May 21, 2014
HM
"Extra innings"
The staff was absolutely great. However the rooms were very small and outdated. Bathroom had low water pressure, and the tile was cracked and dirty.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"A Clubby Little Gem"
Yes. It is clearly a club. That is the good news and the bad news. The lobby, bar and common areas are elegant and beautiful. The art magnificent. The staff wonderful... though a bit slim. The rooms are Spartan, a bit shabby and dated... though it seems that they are renovating many of them (which will help a lot). However, considering the price and the location, I would stay here again in a heart beat.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Nice hotel with classic old-school club atmosphere"
I was in St Louis for a meeting, and the meeting hotel had sold out, so I tried the Missouri Athletic Club Hotel. I'm really glad I did. It had the ambience/feel of a classic old-school club, with lots of pictures of MAC members from a century ago, and dark wood and crown moldings in the lobby area, etc. I recommend it. Nice people at the front desk. Guest rooms are on the upper couple of floors, and were clean and quiet, and reminded me a lot of other classic historical hotels I've stayed in elsewhere. The wireless worked great, and was free. The hotel is just a few blocks from the Convention Center Metrolink train stop from the airport, which makes getting to the hotel painless and inexpensive, too. Couple of things to be aware of -- if you want to be able to use the athletic club facilities itself, there is an extra charge. I also had to move rooms midway through my stay because of a cold water problem with the plumbing in my original room, but the MAC made that process painless (my original room had a bathtub with a shower while my replacement room had only a shower, so if you care about baths vs. showers, you may want to confirm which you're getting).
4 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Overnight stay"
We stayed overnight. This hotel is vintage men's club in appearance. Very nice staff and accommodations. We felt a bit out of place as we were road weary and dressed for a road trip, whereas the club has a dress code of which we were unaware. However the staff was very pleasant and made us feel welcome.
Other trip May 10, 2014
kld
Best service ever. We loved every minute of our stay.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Loved it!"
We only spent one night at Missouri Athletic Club but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The front desk staff, bellman, and restaurant staff were all so helpful and friendly. We immediately felt very welcome. The food is reasonably priced, and the rooms clean. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that the beds creaked really bad when we sat on them but it wasn't that big of a deal, as we were dead tired after the baseball game. We will definitely look at staying at MAC again the next time we are in town for a Cardinals ballgame.
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Brigett
"Nice Lobby - Old Room"
The lobby and hotel staff were first class. The hotel was built in 1903 and the individual rooms have not been remodeled since then. The bed was fine. The bath room had the wall and floor tiles like in my parent's home in the 1960's. The toilet seat cover was normal and did not fit the elongated seat. The medicine cabinet was from the Roosevelt area. The front desk had to call the building maintenance to get the space heater working. The carpeting should be replaced. This hotel is fine if you are an athlete going to use the gyms, but needs upgrading if if you are looking for a business class room.
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2014
Larry Lazzarini
"Suprisingly Unique Find"
When I booked the Missouri Athletic Club, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was more than pleased with the beautiful environment of the lobby and rooms within the club. The wood paneling, the furniture, the artwork added to the ambiance of the Club. The location was ideal to being able to walk to the convention center. I was very pleased with my stay at the Missouri Athletic Club.
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2014