All hotels in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
405 Washington Ave, St. Louis, MO, 63102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Building is great, rooms could use renovation."
Great staff, great location, amazing lobby and quirky place overall made the stay very good, although the rooms are very old and out dated.
Other trip May 18, 2015
rob
"Awesome staff, rooms suck!"
The hotel told us that our reservation wasn't until the next day. The inteneary said different. So I don't know who screwed up. We were given rooms anyway. Our room was a queen bed, old as hell, and the room was no bigger than a large closet The curtains didn't close all the way so we were up with the sun, if we liked it or not.. The other room was a double queen, nice, with a great view. Until the next morning, construction started at 8 a.m. We should have been told this. WILL not stay here again.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Sherry
"Great Value"
Great location, great parking, great rates. Try it out.
1 night family trip May 12, 2015
"Nice for the price"
The hotel is quite good. Clean. Friendly staff. The inside is partly renovated. Flat screen TV. The room has multiple extra power outlets to plug in my electronics. That is nice. The sound insulation has more to be desired. I can hear my neighbor, hall way, and outside traffic. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Jan
"OK Stay - Better Options"
Older hotel , lobby is pretty neat, room was clean but bed is very creaky and room needs updating. Young lady behind desk was very helpful with any questions. This hotel is more of a place for guys to stay and not families as its all about athletics , cigars and boys clubs. Location is best part, walking distance to Busch for Cardinals, casino, arch, many sightseeing places and restaurants. Drury is close by and we stopped in to see it, alittle more money but probably stay there next time, much newer and updated.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
CHRIS
"Great history, great location."
We had a great experience. We played basketball and enjoyed the pool for two hours and went to Cardinal village for dinner. The hotel staff was incredible!
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Old time charm with character"
In town for a company show and could not stay in any of the hotels near the conference center. This hotel had a great rate and looked like it had character so decided to stay. Turned out that it was the one day when they had their club elections so it was very busy, noisy, and the hotel staff was stretched. Still, they took care of us very well and were happy to cater to us. Our room as very clean and fit our needs. All the fixtures were top quality and the hotel has a very old but fine quality feel to it. There is wood everywhere so while it is dark, it is not the depressing kind. You can tell that the athletic club tries to maintain its reputation. The location was great being just 4 blocks from where we needed to be. Parking was free which is a huge plus for downtown. They stamped it at the front desk and we didn't have any issues at all. I didn't have time to try out the exercise facilities but I'm guessing they must be great considering the quality of the rest of the place. I will definitely stay there again when I get a chance, hopefully later this year.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
Reception area very nice. Rooms are run down, old dirty carpet. Mattresses are cheaper ones. Walls and are thin, you can hear everyone on the floor and join in on conversations with neighbor through wall. It is priced where it should be.
1 night trip May 5, 2015
jeffrey
Unique place with lots of character. Fitness facilities outstanding
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Nice. Good area"
Overall good hotel just wish there was a fridge and microwave
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Being a "Guest" at The MO Athletic Club"
I chose The Missouri Athletic Club as a place for me and my brother to stay because of its location. The food was above average and we enjoyed that, although the service was poor, probably due to the gratuity being automatically added into the bill rather than to be earned by good service. I would not stay at The Missouri Athletic Club again because of the stuffy attitudes exhibited by the staff.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Enjoyed immensely!"
Unique Historic Hotel with amazing interior finishes. Gym fabulous. Service impeccable. Room are fit for period hotel.
3 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Traci
"Cool, authentic hotel!"
I loved staying in this hotel. It was different than many of the other hotels that I have stayed of, and I loved the older uniqueness of it. I also enjoyed seeing the club in action. I thought it was in a great location. I used the MetroLink to get around and it was very easy. I also was able to walk to the Arch, Ballpark and CityGarden during the day. I gave the room comfort 4/5, because the bed was a little hard. However, I would take that regarding the authenticity and original feel of the place.
1 night trip May 1, 2015
Rachel
"horrible experience"
worst place we ever stayed room with small bed was hard and it smell like sewer coming out of the drains hotel staff would not do anything about itpaint was peeling off the walls the room was 8 by 8 at the most the shower was to buy two worst hotel I've ever stayed in
Other trip May 3, 2015
"Unhappy"
The only thing I can say about this hotel is the location was very good.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Luis
"you can do better."
Tiny bathroom with loose fixture. Door louvers let in a lot of neighbor noise, even with both doors closed. 100 years old, so lots to see and appreciate. 6 blocks to arch due to closing off all general access except for church entrance.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
GEORGE F
"Good hotel but not for kids."
is a nice hotel. Didn't get to utilise everything the hotel offered. Didn't seem kid friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
Christopher
"Very good hotel"
It was really very good to stay there, nice staff and confortable room, despite the fact of being an old hotel
Other trip May 1, 2015
victor
"beautiful hotel"
We had such a great time . Wonderful city , great location, awesome old charming building. The bar downstairs at night is neat! We came into town for a Phillies/cardinals game. Would deff. Stay again !
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Olivia
"Rich in tradition; old-fashioned service"
I really enjoyed the staff and the history of the hotel. Although it was built in 1903, it is well cared for and beautiful inside. My teenage kids loved it, but it would not be suitable for families with young children; they are not allowed in the pool, etc.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Denise
"great hotel"
If you're in town for a sports getaway, you can't go wrong here,
2 night trip Apr 15, 2015
"Historic Hotel"
The Missouri Athletic Club, a private club, is on the National Registry of Historic Places. Staying there is a return to the elegance of the Gatsby era. The rooms are dated but the hotel is in remarkably great shape. Most hotels have wimpy workout rooms. At the MAC the exercise rooms include a 25 meter lap pool, a full size basketball court, a complete weight room and three cardio rooms. The entire 5th floor is devoted to exercise. If you can't workout here you just aren't interested in working out at all. The food is the Jack Buck Grille is quite good and reasonable as are the room rates.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Patrick
"Older But Charming Hotel"
This is an older hotel with a lot of charm, but the bathrooms are small with no counter space for toiletries. While I was attending a conference, my husband and son enjoyed the fitness center and racquetball courts. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.
3 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
"excellent"
very comfy bed , staff extremely professional. not a place for children.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Yolanda
"great place for active visitors"
Great for active family with kids athletes. The gym, swimming pool and basketball court were outstanding. I just wished they advertised the strict dress code for the restaurant downstairs.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Juraj
"Best stay ever in St Louis"
In St Louis for an Athletic event. The Missouri Athletic Club was an excellent place to stay, and combined with the Metro system completely served our needs. We will be back!!
4 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
Ed
Update rooms. Bathroom in serious need of updating & cleaning.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Cold"
The heat didn't work at all. And the front desk didn't seem to care. I have never been charged for parking when I stay at hotels
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
cindy
"Unique history and great location and service"
On college tour with daughter, we were put in a suite style room that had tons of space for both of us. Easy walk to the arch, and enjoyed a lovely dinner and service at the Jack Buck Grille. Charming unique spot.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"Step back in time"
Loved everything about our stay. It felt like we were stepping back in time.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Jon
"Great Service, Friendly Staff"
The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside to the stay was that there were no mini fridges or microwaves in the rooms. A tub would have been nice too so my 3 year old could have taken a bath instead of a shower in a cramped stand-up shower.
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Jordan
Was nice place a lot of history . Make sure you bring a shirt with collar .
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Old and eerie!"
Everything isn't for everybody. This is not my preferred type of lodging. Nothing like the pictures on the internet. Hotel is old and spooky. Shower was extremely small. I give this hotel one star because zero is not on the 1-5 rating scale. Never again!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Dawn
"not again"
WiFi was terrible the TV did not work well the staff made us feel like we were under survailence rooms were old took hours for room to get to comfortable temperature toilets would not flush
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Great Place At A Great Value"
Very nice establishment for the price. Great dining atmosphere with social people. Rooms are adequate and comfortable, modern amenities. Gym is dated, but has well kept equipment. Staff is excellent.
3 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
Jon
"Very disappointed"
This hotel is very old and the rooms needs a big remodel.
2 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
"Eloquent Hotel near Arch"
Wonderful Experience, Great Staff,nice amenities, wonderful restaurant!!!
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Paper Thin Walls"
Missouri Athletic Club is a very nice hotel. We loved the character of the building and our room was very nice. I just wish I would have known that they didn't have air conditioning and that the walls were paper thin. My husband and I had a hard time sleeping because we could hear the other guests in the next room. This one particular guest fell asleep with the t.v. on and started snoring very loudly. We had to bang on the wall to get him to stop. I think all that would have been fine if the rooms weren't so close together ans such thin walls. I don't think we will be coming back to stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Rachel
"Cool, old hotel right in the heart of St. Louis"
Great old hotel near the Arch that is as good as you're going to find if a daily workout is part of your agenda. The rooms are very outdated and nothing great, but they are clean and comfortable enough. The members at the club are very friendly and welcoming and make for a great time at the hotel bar. I will caution that they don't have a no smoking policy in the bar area, so if that bothers you be warned. All in all a nice place to kick your feet up. Again, the workout facility is fantastic and well worth the additional $12 they charge.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"Rams/Raiders"
Came to watch the football game. Edward Kones Dome was right there across the parking lot. Also walking distance from the Arch, Busch Stadium, downtown. Had a great time and the room was fantastic. Beds were very comfortable. Slept like a King. Overall great experience. Wonderful hotel.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Gus
"An amazing place!"
An amazing place. Beautiful. Excellent service.
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
Tracy
"Getaway"
A long weekend with friends to sightsee. The MAC was the best! Easy walking distance to what we wanted to see. Front desk folks were super. Restaurant has the BEST food!
2 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
JANET M
"get away"
We didn't stay long enough to see all we wanted to see so we'll be back. Jeffrey was fantastic in helping us find our way around. And Joseph was the best server! My husband also enjoyed being able to smoke a cigar.
2 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
ELIZABETH
"Weekend to go to a football game"
We were there to go to a game at the Dome and this hotel was very convenient . Very nice except that there were no towel racks in the bathroom!!!
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Katheryn
Lobby and facilities were great, but room needs major overhall.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Aaron
"Relaxing"
It was great!!
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
MIchelle
"Great Location, loud neighbors"
The hotel lobby is beautiful, and the location was great. It's very close to the lightrail, conference center, the Arch, and pretty much any downtown activity is within easy walking distance. There's even a little grocer on the next block if you forgot some toiletries or wanted a cheap food option. You can't beat it's location. Since this was an athletic club, I expected some noise during normal gym hours. However, the walls are very thin, so even at night I heard everyone coming and going in the hallway, every car horn or engine rev from the street traffic, and even the radiator in my room was clicking noisily. I solved the radiator issue but there's not much you can do about everything else. If you are sensitive to noise, I recommend ear plugs. The room itself was on the smaller side, and a bit dated, but clean and had the essentials. The dress code was not an issue for me, as I was there for a business conference and was usually already in a suit or similar. However, even in my casual clothes for exploring the city, it was not difficult to follow the dress code.
3 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
"Interesting historical site with a below avg room"
The hotel itself was a fascinating historical site. The lobby's decor was beautiful and definitely invoked the theme of the Missouri Athletic Club. The room was certainly acceptable and clean but did not equal the amenities of a modern hotel in the same price range in the diwntown area. The ceiling fan was a welcome addition even if it did appear to be from the original era of the athletic club. The main letdown was the bathroom. It was minimally acceptable. The toilet was similar to that found in a convenience store. The sink was quite small and there was no counter area but there was a wide but not deep storage cabinet with a mirror just above the sink. The biggest problem was the shower. It was absolutely the smallest i have ever encountered in a home or a hotel, barely able to turn around in it or wash myself. Plus the shower drained slowly leaving me to stand in a pool of water. The location of the Athletic Club is very convenient to the downtown area including the Arch. The staff were very courteous and helpful. Given the issues with bathroom and that the room did not match up to other hotels in the area in terms of being up-to-date, the price point should be a bit lower.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"Designed with Men in mind"
The bathroom didn't have any counter space around the sink. There was just a little glass shelf above the sink. I like lots of counter space around the sink for my stuff. Other than that, it was a large suite. When you enter the room, there is a spacious sitting room with a desk. The bed was in a separate room and the bathroom was off the bedroom. It was a great location for me because I was attending an event at the Convention Center. You can't get much closer than this hotel.
3 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Diane S.
"The awesome Missouri Athletic Club"
The people who worked there were absolutely wonderful!!!
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014