All hotels in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America

Great amenities
    Decent vibe
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
The room has no windows to the exterior. What we saw when opening the window was a wall.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Hello and thank you for your feedback, sorry to see that you didn't have much of a view. We do offer interior and exterior rooms, please inquire on your next visit I'm sure we can get you a better view. Thank you again for your feedback.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
juan
"Close to hyway, casino, river arch"
Eating is costly. Was not told 25.00 was charged on my credit card until we returned home.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Quick Stop"
Great place to stay. I'll be back.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay in St. Louis and thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear about our guest experience and wonderful to know you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for your next visit. Thank you!
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Jamey
"Another win in St Louis"
Great weekend Go Cubbies!
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay here in St. Louis, it was a pleasure to have you here with us. Also thank you for your review.We hope to see you again soon.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Ok hotel near Busch stadium. $$$"
Hotel staff was wonderful! The room was clean, but needed some updates. Bathroom had no plug-in, and one wall in main room was peeling near the floor. It might be a mold issue. Hotel offers a variety of activities, and their restaurant is great. A free shuttle is available to and from Busch Stadium, which is only 4 blocks. Weird dress code (no short shorts or skimpy tops). Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and in St. Louis. It's always a pleasure to know that our staff is providing our customers great service. You would be happy to know that we are in the process of updating our guest rooms. Thank you for your business and please come see us again soon.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Historic stay in St. Louis"
Lovely historic hotel, heavy on the wooden paneling and chandeliers. Great vintage tile bathrooms. Quiet. Good restaurant. But they do feature a cigar bar and some patrons smoke cigars in the elevators. Kind of an anonomly for a health club with a very nice setup of swimming pool, exercise rooms, etc.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to hear about our guest stay and nice to see you enjoyed the athletic facility. Thank you for your business and please come see us again soon.
3 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
margaret
"Beautiful historical building"
Beautiful old building. Very comfortable for the age of the building and close to where the action is in St. Louis. The price was reasonable and the staff was very friendly. There is a dress code but when you walk in you can see why. Very classy place.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to hear about our guest experience and nice to see this was a good location for you. Thank you for your business and please come see us again soon.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Plan on staying again"
Went for a Rams game. Perfect hotel to stay because the Dome was right across the parking lot. It was also close to many other sights that we just didn't have time to see. The interior is beautiful. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Yes it is an older building but was very charming and had great character.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay here in St. Louis, it was a pleasure to have you her with us. Also thank you for your review, it's nice to know our staff was helpful during your stay. Thank you again.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Trina
"Service and dining are excellent!"
This hotel is comfortable and gorgeous! Have dinner at jack bucks just off the lobby, the food is amazing! Can't say enough nice things about this hotel.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Mo Atheletic Club"
When we checked in the bathroom lights didn't work so we had to wait for two different groups of maintenance people to trouble shoot that problem. We wanted to talk showers and go to bed but we couldn't without any lights. We also found that our TV wouldn't work properly (Couldn't change channels) so the crew also worked on that while they tried to repair the light issue. Only one light (of two)could be repaired so we had to move to another room. Once we settled into that room the phone would start ringing non-stop and not quit. It finally dialed the front desk during this process and they were not sure what was happening. They offered to send someone to the "phone room" to look into it but I just told them I would unplug the phone. We were tired and ready to go to sleep. Once we fell asleep (around midnight) the car/motorcycle races outside the hotel started. This noise kept us up until approx 3am each night. On top of all of this the carpets were dirty and being an older hotel the rooms were very small. I would recommend you not include this facility as an option on your sight. This reflects badly enough for me that I will look to other providers in your industry in the future. I don't believe you accept or consider this type of facility to be something you would typically recommend but I know I will not take a chance on some place like this again.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and for that I apologize. We are currently updating our guest room to improve our guest overall experience. That doesn't excuse the condition of the room, so again I apologize. We are currently under new cleaning and mantainance supervisions to ensure these issue are properly addressed. I'm sure that an apology doesn't change your view of us, but please know that your feedback is valuable to us and greatly appreciated. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Missouri Athletic Club.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Average Everything!"
nothing special about the room we stayed in....just average!
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review and thank you for stay at the Missouri Athletic Club.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Interesting hotel"
This hotel is old and beautiful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The lobby is huge and very elegant. There is a restaurant but we did not eat there. We were there for a Cardinals game and it was an easy walk down the street.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay in St. Louis and thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear about our guest experience and wonderful to know you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for your next visit. We appreciate your business. Thank you!
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
"Bachelor party"
Hotel was great and the customer service was even better I will recommend this to my friends and will stay there whenever I'm in St. Louis
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Overall, really good historic hotel. Great architecture and perfect location to Busch Stadium and Lacledes Landing for some night life. Rooms were clean, but dated to keep with the historic feel and sometimes difficult to work. The room itself was small, but that was ok. The only major issue we had for our stay was loud door banging early in the morning by hotel staff or another guest. With the solid wood doors and thresholds, this had quite an impact on our sleep. That said, I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
"Glad to have stayed here."
Old, elegant, beautiful, hotel. Our room was small, but adequate. Beds were comfy. Our room needed some updates (new carpeting should be #1). Front desk staff was very friendly and professional. I'd stay again and recommend it to others. Already have, in fact.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
Was an amazing getaway and the staff was polite and attentive!! Huge thanks to the overnight counter worker who works on the weekends can't remember her name tho starts with a j and Joe the maintenance guy made our stay great!!
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2015
kara
I enjoyed staying and was in other friends rooms on the same trip. The carpet was very dirty in room 705, but not in the other rooms.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Great Hotel and Wonderful Value"
Hotel is a bit snobby but I suppose when its being supported mainly by a private club that is to be expected. We went in not knowing what to expect from the mix of reviews but when possible we like to stay at none traditional corporate hotels. This place was wonderful! It is beautiful on the outside, provided shuttles to and from stadiums and absolutely wonderful to look at inside. The rooms need a bit of update but they are working on that. The bed was comfortable but very noisy. The room was decent size although the shower was a bit small. Overall though this is probably the best value in STL. Especially if you enjoy staying some place a bit different from the norm. Only complaint was the walls were very thin but they did a great job of spacing guests (and we were probably the loud ones anyway)
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
Mikle
"Downtown convenience"
It's a beautiful hotel. I wanted to stay in a place that was unique, not the your standard modern unit. This was perfect. The fitness facility was quite excellent. The only downside were the people revving their cars on the street below. Must be a St. Louis thing, but it was usually over by bedtime. Overall, a great experience.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
alex
Over all a very good experience. Shower was tiny and room temp control was questionable. Excellent service, shuttle to and from Busch Stadium Great for the price ....
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"Old hotel"
This hotel is old & outdated. We have absolutely nothing good to say about it except it has a great location.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Musty and Old"
I was not impressed with the hotel hallways and room. The hallways were musty smelling and the room was old; as the building itself is. Because of the old room, there were not many places to charge devices and the air conditioning operation was antiquated. On a positive note, the lobby is nice and the price was acceptable. I will only stay here again if I can't find another room elsewhere.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Shawn
"great location"
A brief one night stay while on the way to Oklahoma, but wanted to be close to the Gateway Arch and the center of town. Hotel was within easy walking distance to the memorial, lots of restaurants (in addition to those in the hotel), and the lovely Citygarden area behind the Old Courthouse. Would have liked a bit more water pressure from the shower; and carpet could be cleaned and stretched (or possibly replaced?), but everything else was very nice.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Devra
"Beautiful old building. Room small"
Bathroom was not suitable for older person. Light switches were not easily found. Room was small and cold
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Great place to stay while in town for a ball game"
Came in town for a Cardinals game with my son and a good friend and his son. The Jack Buck Grill was great and the history, nostalgia of the club was awesome. Much better than the concrete, glass and steel hotels of today. Staff was very helpful, guests cordial. Really enjoyed and will stay again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Great value and beautiful architecture"
The ONLY negative I have about the MAC is that the HVAC and lighting controls are super weird. However, they have signs up that a massive upgrade of those systems to modernize the rooms is in the works. So just relax and enjoy your stay because this hotel is way nicer than the price you'll probably pay for it.
"Room was a closet"
I paid for a queen size mattress, but had a full. The room was literally the smallest room I've been in, and the shower itself was maybe 3'x3'. The ac didn't work well, had to rely on the ceiling fan; walls were extremely thin, and there was no additional lock on our door for safety!! I ended up baracading a chair next to it.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Just a few friends got together for a night out
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
Marilyn
"older hotel"
Checkin went very smooth. Room was small. They have a dress code that people need to be aware of. Our room had a step up into the bathroom which could be dangerous at night without a night light
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Stayed here for one night. Bed was a little squeaky and the shower stall could have been a bit larger but the room was clean, the staff were great and I slept quite well.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"Great downtown hotel"
This hotel is in an historic building, and it has retained a lot of the vintage charm. The staff is very professional, possibly the most professional hotel staff I've ever encountered. The rooms are clean. Some reviewers have noted the small size of the rooms, but I've stayed in St. Louis before, and the rooms here are no smaller than in any other downtown hotel. Actually, I've stayed in smaller rooms. Great hotel.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
S.H.
"Because of the staff"
People were nice and we liked the history of the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. Some might have issue with the dating of the bathroom but is was clean and added to the charm
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"I'd stay again"
A pleasant, old-style hotel. Had a fine time, and the front desk people were helpful. Room simple but clean and comfortable. It looked as though the windows could even be opened (though I didn't try due to hot weather) - a nice feature that more recent buildings lack. Attractively ornate lobby decor. Conveniently in the midst of downtown. There is a dress code, but my ordinary street clothes suited it fine.
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Stuart
Very old and beds were uncomfortable
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"nice hotel close to a lot"
an older building but the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and it was close to a lot in the town.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
culater
"Awesome place"
This place was built in, I believe, 1913 and the craftsmanship shows. The staff was fantastic and friendly, the room clean and comfortable. Probably one of the most comfortable beds in which I have ever slept. I read other reviews complaining about the size of the bathroom, but I thought it was fine. I mean seriously, how big does a bathroom need to be?? Yes, there is a step, but it adds character!
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Kal
"Great place to stay to catch a ballgame."
It's a beautiful old hotel and sports club. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The room was huge and right downtown near the stadium. We walked to Busch Stadium, took about 10 minutes and caught their shuttle back after the game. It was a great price for a lovely historic facility. We will be coming back.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2015
"Break from chain hotels"
The hotel was great. The hotel had a old house feel that had been restored. The shower was amazing.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Kristi
Best location (downtown close to metro and sports events), price and in a historical building
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay in St. Louis and thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear about our guest experience . Please keep us in mind for your next visit, and thank you again for your kind words.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Russell
"Small rooms"
Rooms were small and old looking paint peeling off walls. Really needs upkeep and updating.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Hello, and thank you for your feedback, I would like to start by apologizing for the condition of the room during your stay. We are currently updating our overnight rooms to better accommodate our guest. We also offer different room sizes, so on your next visit to St. Louis please stop by to see some of the updates we are making. Thank you for your feedback and your business as they are both greatly appreciated.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Leslie
"Let down"
i took my sons for a St.Louis trip and thought the athletic club would be perfect but when we got there you could not eat at the restaurant without a collared shirt . We we there for zoo, arch, city museum and ball game so we had packed accordingly. It was not mentioned on the site wish it had been. The room really needed up dated . Carpet was dirty . Mattresses were hard. Ceiling was stained. Paint was peeling in bathroom. Not what I expected at all from the lobby which was beautiful and well maintained. Boys did love the basketball and swimming though.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Sally
"Needs new beds"
While everyone was very helpful and accommodating, the hotel is just old and in desperate need of refurbishment. the beds were squeaky and lumpy and the sofa bed wasn't even usable for the kids.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and for that I apologize. We are currently updating our guest room to improve our guest overall experience. On your next visit please stop by to see our new improvements. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Nice hotel, even nicer price"
Older building with great character. Staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. Only negative was a lack of a thermostat in the room. Although, there was a ceiling fan that helped keep things at a very good temperature.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for Choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay here in St. Louis, It was a pleasure to have you her with us. Also thank you for your review, it's nice to know our staff was friendly and helpful during stay. You would be happy know that we are updating the components in our room for better temperature control. Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Jonathan
"Athletic Club = Men's Club"
Very convient to downtown, riverfront, Busch stadium. Room was small (barely enough floor space for yoga routine), but clean and comfortable. Was traveling with bicycle and had to leave it in ungated parking garage. Dress code for dining. This is a private men's club with a few hotel rooms. Cigar smoking in bar and grill. Will be fine for many. Not my cup of tea. Best bargain I could find downtown. Very convient to inter city rail. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Exercise room and track.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
SoloLobos
Excellent stay. Great value for downtown area.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Missouri Athletic Club, and thank you for your kind words. Great to see you enjoyed your stay with us. So please come back to see us on your next trip to St. Louis. Thank you again.
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
The staff was friendly. I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend room upgrades. The shower and temp control for the room seemed a bit outdated. I also didn't understand why we had to pay to park and attend the gym since we were staying in the hotel. All in all my stay was pleasant.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your feedback, you would be happy to know we a currenty making updates to our rooms that will address the temp controls in the shower. But it nice to see you enjoyed our friendly staff and your stay with us. Please keep us in mind for your next visit and possibly experience some of the upgrades we are making. Thank you!
4 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
precia
"Weekender"
This is a great place to stay for the weekend. I wish they had the pool opened during the holiday since we were there over the 4th of July but it was closed.
3 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Merry
"Room.. Toooooo smallll"
Pictures showed a nice room.. Toooooo smallll Too much money for what I got Uncomfortable
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
LC
Great staff and perfect location...I love everything about the club, but the room was just very small. Aside from that it was amazing
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your kind words about your stay, it's great to know you enjoyed your stay. We do offer different sized rooms so, on your next visit to the St. Louis area give us a call. Thanks you again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Overall the hotel is nice, but the price for what I got seemed high. A small room with an average hotel size bathroom. It is within walking distance of the Arch which is nice.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your visit to St. Louis it was a pleasure having you here. We also offer different room types and sizes so please come see us again and I'm sure we can accommendate your needs. Thank You.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015