All hotels in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
405 Washington Ave, St. Louis, MO, 63102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Great amenities
    Decent vibe
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
Over all a very good experience. Shower was tiny and room temp control was questionable. Excellent service, shuttle to and from Busch Stadium Great for the price ....
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"Old hotel"
This hotel is old & outdated. We have absolutely nothing good to say about it except it has a great location.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Musty and Old"
I was not impressed with the hotel hallways and room. The hallways were musty smelling and the room was old; as the building itself is. Because of the old room, there were not many places to charge devices and the air conditioning operation was antiquated. On a positive note, the lobby is nice and the price was acceptable. I will only stay here again if I can't find another room elsewhere.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Shawn
"great location"
A brief one night stay while on the way to Oklahoma, but wanted to be close to the Gateway Arch and the center of town. Hotel was within easy walking distance to the memorial, lots of restaurants (in addition to those in the hotel), and the lovely Citygarden area behind the Old Courthouse. Would have liked a bit more water pressure from the shower; and carpet could be cleaned and stretched (or possibly replaced?), but everything else was very nice.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Devra
"Beautiful old building. Room small"
Bathroom was not suitable for older person. Light switches were not easily found. Room was small and cold
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Great place to stay while in town for a ball game"
Came in town for a Cardinals game with my son and a good friend and his son. The Jack Buck Grill was great and the history, nostalgia of the club was awesome. Much better than the concrete, glass and steel hotels of today. Staff was very helpful, guests cordial. Really enjoyed and will stay again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Great value and beautiful architecture"
The ONLY negative I have about the MAC is that the HVAC and lighting controls are super weird. However, they have signs up that a massive upgrade of those systems to modernize the rooms is in the works. So just relax and enjoy your stay because this hotel is way nicer than the price you'll probably pay for it.
"Room was a closet"
I paid for a queen size mattress, but had a full. The room was literally the smallest room I've been in, and the shower itself was maybe 3'x3'. The ac didn't work well, had to rely on the ceiling fan; walls were extremely thin, and there was no additional lock on our door for safety!! I ended up baracading a chair next to it.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Just a few friends got together for a night out
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
Marilyn
"older hotel"
Checkin went very smooth. Room was small. They have a dress code that people need to be aware of. Our room had a step up into the bathroom which could be dangerous at night without a night light
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Stayed here for one night. Bed was a little squeaky and the shower stall could have been a bit larger but the room was clean, the staff were great and I slept quite well.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"Great downtown hotel"
This hotel is in an historic building, and it has retained a lot of the vintage charm. The staff is very professional, possibly the most professional hotel staff I've ever encountered. The rooms are clean. Some reviewers have noted the small size of the rooms, but I've stayed in St. Louis before, and the rooms here are no smaller than in any other downtown hotel. Actually, I've stayed in smaller rooms. Great hotel.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
S.H.
"Because of the staff"
People were nice and we liked the history of the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. Some might have issue with the dating of the bathroom but is was clean and added to the charm
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"I'd stay again"
A pleasant, old-style hotel. Had a fine time, and the front desk people were helpful. Room simple but clean and comfortable. It looked as though the windows could even be opened (though I didn't try due to hot weather) - a nice feature that more recent buildings lack. Attractively ornate lobby decor. Conveniently in the midst of downtown. There is a dress code, but my ordinary street clothes suited it fine.
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Stuart
Very old and beds were uncomfortable
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"nice hotel close to a lot"
an older building but the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and it was close to a lot in the town.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
culater
"Awesome place"
This place was built in, I believe, 1913 and the craftsmanship shows. The staff was fantastic and friendly, the room clean and comfortable. Probably one of the most comfortable beds in which I have ever slept. I read other reviews complaining about the size of the bathroom, but I thought it was fine. I mean seriously, how big does a bathroom need to be?? Yes, there is a step, but it adds character!
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Kal
"Great place to stay to catch a ballgame."
It's a beautiful old hotel and sports club. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The room was huge and right downtown near the stadium. We walked to Busch Stadium, took about 10 minutes and caught their shuttle back after the game. It was a great price for a lovely historic facility. We will be coming back.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2015
"Break from chain hotels"
The hotel was great. The hotel had a old house feel that had been restored. The shower was amazing.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Kristi
Best location (downtown close to metro and sports events), price and in a historical building
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay in St. Louis and thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear about our guest experience . Please keep us in mind for your next visit, and thank you again for your kind words.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Russell
"Small rooms"
Rooms were small and old looking paint peeling off walls. Really needs upkeep and updating.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Hello, and thank you for your feedback, I would like to start by apologizing for the condition of the room during your stay. We are currently updating our overnight rooms to better accommodate our guest. We also offer different room sizes, so on your next visit to St. Louis please stop by to see some of the updates we are making. Thank you for your feedback and your business as they are both greatly appreciated.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Leslie
"Let down"
i took my sons for a St.Louis trip and thought the athletic club would be perfect but when we got there you could not eat at the restaurant without a collared shirt . We we there for zoo, arch, city museum and ball game so we had packed accordingly. It was not mentioned on the site wish it had been. The room really needed up dated . Carpet was dirty . Mattresses were hard. Ceiling was stained. Paint was peeling in bathroom. Not what I expected at all from the lobby which was beautiful and well maintained. Boys did love the basketball and swimming though.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Sally
"Needs new beds"
While everyone was very helpful and accommodating, the hotel is just old and in desperate need of refurbishment. the beds were squeaky and lumpy and the sofa bed wasn't even usable for the kids.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and for that I apologize. We are currently updating our guest room to improve our guest overall experience. On your next visit please stop by to see our new improvements. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Nice hotel, even nicer price"
Older building with great character. Staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. Only negative was a lack of a thermostat in the room. Although, there was a ceiling fan that helped keep things at a very good temperature.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for Choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your stay here in St. Louis, It was a pleasure to have you her with us. Also thank you for your review, it's nice to know our staff was friendly and helpful during stay. You would be happy know that we are updating the components in our room for better temperature control. Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Jonathan
"Athletic Club = Men's Club"
Very convient to downtown, riverfront, Busch stadium. Room was small (barely enough floor space for yoga routine), but clean and comfortable. Was traveling with bicycle and had to leave it in ungated parking garage. Dress code for dining. This is a private men's club with a few hotel rooms. Cigar smoking in bar and grill. Will be fine for many. Not my cup of tea. Best bargain I could find downtown. Very convient to inter city rail. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Exercise room and track.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
SoloLobos
Excellent stay. Great value for downtown area.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Missouri Athletic Club, and thank you for your kind words. Great to see you enjoyed your stay with us. So please come back to see us on your next trip to St. Louis. Thank you again.
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
The staff was friendly. I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend room upgrades. The shower and temp control for the room seemed a bit outdated. I also didn't understand why we had to pay to park and attend the gym since we were staying in the hotel. All in all my stay was pleasant.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your feedback, you would be happy to know we a currenty making updates to our rooms that will address the temp controls in the shower. But it nice to see you enjoyed our friendly staff and your stay with us. Please keep us in mind for your next visit and possibly experience some of the upgrades we are making. Thank you!
4 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
precia
"Weekender"
This is a great place to stay for the weekend. I wish they had the pool opened during the holiday since we were there over the 4th of July but it was closed.
3 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Merry
"Room.. Toooooo smallll"
Pictures showed a nice room.. Toooooo smallll Too much money for what I got Uncomfortable
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
LC
Great staff and perfect location...I love everything about the club, but the room was just very small. Aside from that it was amazing
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your kind words about your stay, it's great to know you enjoyed your stay. We do offer different sized rooms so, on your next visit to the St. Louis area give us a call. Thanks you again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Overall the hotel is nice, but the price for what I got seemed high. A small room with an average hotel size bathroom. It is within walking distance of the Arch which is nice.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for choosing the Missouri Athletic Club for your visit to St. Louis it was a pleasure having you here. We also offer different room types and sizes so please come see us again and I'm sure we can accommendate your needs. Thank You.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"My choice for StL"
Fab stay. My choice for St.Louis. Close to the arch. Very accessible to stuff dntwn. Nice comfy stay. Great staff
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
John, Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for staying at the Missouri Athletic Club. As always it's great to see our guest enjoying their say, not only at our hotel but seems like you where able to enjoy our great city. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thank you.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Unique experience in a great downtown location"
This is an old style business club with hotel rooms mixed in with fitness facilities. Our hotel room was old (some ceiling tiles had water stains and the carpet was pretty bad) but the beds were great, the bathroom was modern, and the flatscreen TV was fine. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Even though we were clearly a tourist family and didn't meet the dress code for the "club", we were treated very well by all club staff. We didn't use the athletic facilities -- which is a separate $12 charge. Our kids were fascinated by the grand lobby, lounge, and ballroom. It was an overall nice and unique experience. But it you like your room updated and immaculate, this place isn't for you. The hotel is one block from the Rams stadium and they run a shuttle to Busch Stadium for baseball games--which is still an easy walk. We walked to the Arch and back very easily. Parking in their garage is $15 with in and out privileges.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Rock on Cards!"
Very relaxing and great staff!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
jamie
"St Louis weekend"
Older hotel. No fridge in room!!!!! Please add one!!! Limited electrical outlets. Signs stating dress code in public areas but no one said anything to us in regards to it. The location & price were great. All staff we met were outstanding! Believe desk person was named Crystal???? She was wonderful!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Gilbert
"not a nice place but it's cheap"
very basic accommodations very limited staff rooms need to be cleaned, the carpets etc are very bad
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Hello, we value your comments and thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for any damper this may have put on your stay here in St. Louis. We are in the process of addressing the concerns you mentioned in your review. I'm happy to inform you that our guest rooms are being update which includes replacement of the carpet. Thank you again.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Not the worst"
Nice building but the rooms need to be updated. Parking is expensive and use of the gym is outrageous at $12 per day.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Hello Matthew, thank you for choosing The Missouri Athletic Club for your visit to St.Louis. Nice to see you liked the building, and you would be happy to know we are making upgrades to our guest rooms. Sorry that it wasn't clarified about the athletic fee,but that's a one time fee, which covers your full stay as well as all guest in that room. Thank you for your feedback and hope you enjoyed your stay in St. Louis.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Matthew
"good times!"
Bed was very comfortable. Nice walk from ballpark. Staff very friendly. Beautiful building.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Glenda, Thanks you for those nice words, we're happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and like the ambience of our building. Your review and business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Glenda
"Great staff! Great location! Solid pricing!"
The staff was very helpful 8n accommodating our needs. The location was perfect for the sites and the ballgame. The room was spacious and comfortable.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Addy, Thank you for your review. It's awesome to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel . Happy to see that our staff was able to make your stay a pleasant one. Thank you again and please join us again soon.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Mr. Addy
"Great experience"
The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. We prefer historic hotels and this is one of the best that we have stayed in. Great facilities, opulent ballroom and lobby. Our room was small but then we chose the most economical option. I would not recommend this if you are accustomed to modern chain hotels. The location is excellent for walking to the City Museum and all downtown attractions. I probably wouldn't take small children there as it is a quiet place.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Hello Lisa, thank you for your kind word about your stay at the Missouri Athletic Club, it's nice to hear you had a great experience while staying with us. Please come see us again soon. Thank you.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
We love the MAC. Hoping to be able to use some of the amenities next time we stay!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Meh."
We came to St. Louis for a baseball game and stayed here b/c they had great reviews and it was so close to the stadium. The parking was easy and the staff was very polite and helpful. Our room was very dated and the wall paper was peeling off the wall. It wasn't a terrible stay but I don't think I would book it again. If you're ok with old to save some money then this is your hotel.
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
"Athletic club stay"
The hotel was great loved the history
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you Marvin for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
marvin
"Very old hotel."
The hotel is currently being renovated. We got an old room it was ancient with stains on carpet. Couldn't understand how to use the A/C but yet was comfortable. Did seem pretty clean despite age of room. Overall not terrible and we didn't hang out in the room much. Wouldn't want to go back until all renovated.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, you would be happy to know that we are currently making updates to our guest rooms that will improve our guest experience.Your business is appreciated.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Snobs"
Old beautiful bulding Old rooms, not comfortable Very ornate lobby, but can't say the same about the rooms Snobish attitude and uninviting demeanor from hotel staff to club members Not a pleasant experience Love the building though!
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Hello Gerardo, sorry you did not receive the service that we expect our staff give. Please except our apology and understand that we intend to treat our guest in the same manner as our members which makes this unacceptable . Thank you.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Gerardo
"Great Location, good room."
The downtown location is really perfect. The parking garage for $9 X day (not the $15 X day w/hotel unless you want the in and out privileges), has a cover from the garage to the hotel that was great since it rained a lot when we were there. The room entrance door, all room entrance doors have this terrible closing mechanism that closes very slowly until the last three inches and then BANG! And I mean BANG! OH SO LOUD! Other than that and that you had to go to the Jack Buck Grille to get the complimentary coffee that nobody tells you about from the little pot which is why I guess nobody tells you about it. Cause if everyone knew there would never be enough and so on. I got 3 cups over 2 days for me and my wife cause it ran out after 1 cup on the 2nd morning. I would still recommend it and stay again.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your feedback, it's always great to hear about our customer experience which help to make those improvement for your future stay. Thank you again Wayne!
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Wayne
"Old world luxury"
The Only problem was a cold room! But otherwise this hotel is simply delightful . We had a fantastic stay.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Kevin, Thanks for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you here.
2 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
"Great service!"
Wonderful service and spectacular breakfast! Cooked to perfection - and I travel with a picky eater. I was overcharged $3 on parking. I requested a credit but not heard anything so far.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Stacey
"Cardinals game trip"
We stayed one night as a part of our vacation and a St Louis Cardinals game. The hotel was wonderful, the staff was friendly, the bar made chocolate shakes for us even thought milkshakes are not on the menu! The shuttle to the game was perfect. We walked back to the hotel after the game and the neighborhood walk was very safe.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Pamela, Thank you for your kind words, it's a pleasure to here you enjoyed our hotel, but also that you had a great experience in St. Louis. Your business is greatly appreciated.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Pamela
"Wrong room"
We really loved the ambiance of the hotel and the location was perfect!The only problem we had was the fact that we were not given the room we had booked. We had booked a queen suite which should have included a queen bed and pull out sofa. Instead we got a VERY TINY queen room. When we called the front desk they made us bring our confirmation email down to them to prove that is what we had booked. Unfortunately, there were no better rooms available. Upon our request (which was slightly irritating) they finally compensated us the difference by not charging us for parking. It just would have been nice to have the room we booked and were expecting.
Response by Missouri Athletic Club
Thank you for your review, I would like to apologize for the mix up on your reservation. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to have another chance to change your experience with us. Hope you enjoyed you visit to St.Louis.
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015