All hotels in Santiago, Chile
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereCapellan Abarzua 143, Providencia, Santiago, Region Metropolitana, 7520344, Chile, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Bellavista Home"
I enjoyed my stay very much. I dealt with 2 men during my stay-one owner and an employee. Before I arrived I e-mailed the owner with concerns about transportation to the hotel. I arrived later than expected, but the employee waited for me and was very patient. He showed me where to go in the area. The twin bed was fairly comfortable. The next morning breakfast was extensive with eggs, bread, cheese, ham, jam, coffee, and juice. Then I met the owner who let me store my bag as I explored Bellavista. He then gave me directions to get to Vina.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Alicia
This was my first stay at the Bellavista, and I enjoyed it a great deal. Francisco was very welcoming and informative, the room very nice, and the courtyard breakfast area was lovely. When I had to leave before the official breakfast hour to get to the airport, Francisco nevertheless had my breakfast ready, which I really appreciated. In future visits, (I come every year) I will certainly take advantage of the possibility to keep lunch or supper makings, and prepare those meals there. I will certainly plan to return.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Convenient. Comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
"Safe and well located"
The hostel is very safe, very well located, people very friendly, but have just 2 rooms with bathroom inside, I had to change my room because the outside bathroom was with no hot water, and I had to pay more to get a bathroom inside the room. They say that the bathroom is private, but outside. The rooms are also a little bit old and the cleaning service is once a week.
7 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
Alberto
"Lovely place to stay in Bellavista"
This is the kind of place I hope to find when travelling...it is in a good location (a residential part of Bellavista) but is interesting in & of itself. The rooms are lovely and decorated with art created by the owner, a mixed media artist, and other artists he knows. The art all around made it a fun experience. The staff, Alex and Vivian, were very helpful and personable. The rooms are not serviced every day - I actually prefer this, but (from the reviews) some travelers have complained about this. Just know this going in, and you'll be fine here.
3 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2013
Clarissa
"In the heart of Santiago's art district"
Bellavista Home was within walking distance from a variety of affordable restaurants, artsy, hip entertainment, and the metro station which takes you to all points across Santiago. I was surprised to find Bellavista also serves as an art gallery for many Chilean visual artists. The room and hotel were very clean, wifi was great, and breakfast was delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Santiago.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2013
Bellavista Home was my home for over a week and I recommend staying there. The house is very charming, tidy and lovely and has a real feeling of home. It's also very well placed in the quieter quarter of Barrio Bellavista. It gets a bit chilly indoors if you are there in the dead of winter, in the dead of winter, but it's totally worth it.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012

"Cozzie and friendly"
Bella Vista was a great place to stay. Should I return to Santiago I would stay there. Good for long stays also. staff were very friendly, helpful and flexible. Good breakfast, 5mins walk into town. Fast WI-FI. Thank you for a great stay
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Lyndall
Great staff. Excellent breakfasts. Close to everything. Beautiful courthood. Skylight in bedroom is a great touch.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Comfortable but lacking in fine touches"
Bellavista is comfortable, well located and a quiet, pleasant place to stay. The proprietor was very helpful. The downside is the bathroom. When we stayed, one was out of order. This meant 4 rooms sharing one bathroom which included both the toilet and shower. Although in itself this wasn't a particular inconvenience, the lack of cleaning was. The toilet paper bin was not emptied often enough and the bath mat and hand towel was not changed during the 2 nights we were there. These are simple services that improve liveability, but unfortunately were lacking.
2 night family trip Apr 20, 2013

"Nice bed and breakfast with excellent location."
I stayed 2 nights and then an extra night back from my trip to Easter Island. Got the same room and they kept one of my suitcases. Very good room, large and with a personal touch (lots of paintings, photos, artifacts) but the bathroom a little bit old. Good breakfast and the owner is more than helpful in giving advices, suggestions etc.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Donata
IT
"Hemtrevlig hotell i mysiga Bellavista"
Hemtrevligt hotell i B&B anda med endast fyra rum. Ligger perfekt om man vill bo i den enligt oss mysigaste stadsdelen Bellavista. Finns ett litet kök och en liten innergård om man vill fixa lunchen eller middagen själv. Dock ligger hotellet bara ett stenkast i från många underbara restauranger. Hotellets värd, Alex är mycket trevlig och hjälpsam. Det enda negativa är att överlag så är inte internet uppkopplingen i Sydamerika supersnabb om man är van vid svensk standard. Rekommenderar varmt detta boende.
4 night family trip Sep 18, 2013
Henrik
SE
El hotel es muy acogedor. No obstante me cobraron más de lo debido. La habitación vendía a 70 USD pero me cobraron con una tasa muy alta de 500 pesos chilenos por dolar, y como mi tarjeta era en dólares me salió como a 80 USD la noche.
3 night trip Apr 16, 2013
Ivan
CO
"Boheemi koti maailmalla"
Ihanan boheemi ja kodikas B&B hyvällä paikalla. Sisustusta värittää taide ja hyvä maku. Ei tiukkapipoisille!
3 night trip Jan 4, 2013
Minna
FI
La zona muy recomendable, como se recorre todo a pie y en metro, esta bueno. Muchos lugares para comer y tomar una copa a partir de 3 cuadras del alojamiento. Muy tranquilo.Te dan una llave y te moves como si fuera tu propia casa. Lo recomiendo para gente joven, o sola.Las habitaciones son muy cómodas, cálidas y con mucho arte en sus paredes.El anfitrion muy amigable y atento, al igual que su ayudante
Other trip Jul 13, 2012
ES
3 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
4 night trip Jun 19, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Bellavista Home Bed & Breakfast

"Its all about the location -"
04/18/15 gailchick Larchmont, New York
We stayed here in March. The location is the number one reason to stay here - though our taxi driver had a hard time finding it. The staff was friendly- though a bid absent minded ( forgetting to order our taxi back to the airport) and the owner is actually more interested in long term staying guests that tourists for a few nights. Breakfast was nothing more than bread , fresh fruit and coffee - The faucet in our room was broken, but was promptly fixed when mentioned If you are fussy - this is not the place for you - the furnishings are dated - but if you want to be close to a neat part of Santiago - with local color than by all means check it out
"Just Okay -- We Expected More"
02/26/15 JayJay E Calgary, Canada
My husband and I stayed in the Klimt room while in Santiago for 4 nights in early mid February. Having stayed in several B & Bs in Canada and Europe, we were hoping for the same experience and wanted to stay away from the impersonal feel of a large hotel. The inn keeper was away during our stay, so we were greeted by Carlos. He was pleasant and provided cursory information on transportation, attractions, etc. The entire B & B is decorated with unique art work and decor. It was in the high 20s to mid 30s when we were in Santiago, so getting the room to a comfortable temperature to sleep was a challenge. The bed linens were pristine white. A very basic breakfast (the same every morning) was served in the patio. Internet access was great.
"Friendly staff and art deco"
06/08/14 Amy S
Cool art deco area, good location, the b&b is run by a lovely gentleman who makes you feel at home. The bed was cosy, rooms pretty cool. The only negative was the bathrooms, the walls were paper thin. Cool place, we still really enjoyed our stay.
"Friendly and welcoming"
03/18/14 Dave C London, United Kingdom
Really enjoyed our one night at the Bellavista Home. Spanish isn't my strong point so it was lovely that the staff could speak fluent English. Clean, good value and with all the traits of stylish art you'd expect once you've spent a few days in urban Chile. Will be back
"Very nice place to stay in Santiago"
03/13/14 marlinSeattle seattle
We enjoyed our stay at Bella Vista Home. Christian was very nice and helpful. It feels a little bit bohemian in a good way with its unusual art and decor. The beds were very comfortable, and as there were 3 of us, they were happy to supply an extra mattress for the third person. The center courtyard is a wonderful place to have breakfast. We seemed to meet very interesting people here and enjoyed our breakfast conversations. Perhaps the bohemian nature attracts a more interesting crowd. Very close to Pablo Neruda's house and many restaurants as well as to public transportation (subway).
"Nice atmosphere and neighborhood"
02/06/14 Joa_GO Lisbon, Portugal
I've stayed some days in Bellavista and it was ok. It has a very familiar atmosphere, people gather by the kitchen and terrace and get to know each other. Unfortunately the day I arrived they had a problem with gas so there was no warm water in the bathrooms. Only the day after the owner came to fix it. I also taught the breakfast was a bit poor considering the price. Other than that it was ok.
"Location Location Location"
01/08/14 Martin C Campbell, California
The Belavista Home B&B is a nice place to stay while visiting Santiago. The establishment is a bit "different". The location however is excellent close to one or Neruda's houses a zoo San Christobel mountain and many pleasant cafes and restaurants. Definitely a great location.
"Good place in Bella Vista"
09/08/13 bjornzs Santiago, Chile
We stayed here for one month. The B&B is in a good, quiet location in Santiago but still close to center. Both Cristian and Alex are really welcoming and helpful people. During our stay, it was undergoing some renovation so now there are bathrooms in two more of the rooms. All of the rooms have small atriums which provide them with a lot of light. There is also a patio that can be used in the summer, though we didn't use it much as it was in wintertime and cold. This place does feel more like a home than a hostel. We warmly recommend it.
"Home away from Home"
05/31/13 Penny v Cairns
We spent five nights overall at this lovely and friendly place as we traveled north and south Chile routing through Santiago. The Bellavista Home is located in a trendy little suburb of Santiago, but in a quiet street very near Neruda's home. Alex and Cristian (the owner) could not have been more helpful. I would stay here anytime while traveling through Santiago.
"In two minds about Bellavista"
05/29/13 happytraveller5360 Melbourne
I think our expectations were set too high. Lonely Planet gives a glowing review, as do several guests on this site. It's not that Bellavista is not good; it just didn't meet our expectations. We were made to feel welcome, and assistance was willingly provided when we needed a printout of our boarding passes. Great service there. Our room was clean and comfortable enough, but nothing special. We didn't use the kitchen - it looked reasonably well equipped, although small. It was too cold to enjoy the courtyard. The little lounge area wasn't particularly inviting, and everyone has to pass through that area to get to the bathroom. Breakfast was ok, without being outstanding. Our main issue was the shared bathroom. There's supposed to be two, but one was having repairs. We stayed 2 nights and the toilet and handbasin were not cleaned during that time, the bin for toilet paper was near overflowing, the bath mat was dirty and the hand towel was not changed. This made the shared facilities quite unpleasant; the prospect of showering was not enticing. Also, whilst this area seems very safe, the front door requires manual locking by each guest as they leave and enter; we had at least one other guest who either didn't understand the very clear instructions about locking up, or was simply to slack or lazy to lock, hence the house was left unsecured on several occasions that we know of. Having to rely on the diligence of other guests for security is always risky. We have been in South America for more than 6 weeks now. There are many better value-for-money places. If you want kitchen facilities while staying in Santiago, I would suggest taking an apartment - they can be central, clean, spacious and very good value. If you decide on this B&B just don't have your expectations too high and you'll have an ok stay, perhaps even a very good one, particularly if you like the "shared house" idea.