All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
140 Hester Street, New York, NY, 10013, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.1
    2.1
    1.7
    1.8
    2.7
"Worst hotel I have ever visited"
The staff were so so rude, shouting at customers! the room looked like prison so small and didnt have heater as it was too cold and it was so noisy on the corridor couldn't sleep.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2015
Musaab
The room was to cold, we froze all night.. And the sheets were dirty..
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Feels like I was staying in a cage because the room was very small.
1 night trip Dec 30, 2015
Eli
"it is not a hotel, but a hostel"
it is scary, dirty, and disgusting. not worth the savings. they have no right to be called a hotel. it is a hostel. i never stay at hostels, and never had booked this one if it was advertised correctly. very misleading. i stayed 1 out of 5 nights and left for a decent hotel. they refused to give me any kind if refund.
Response by The SunBright
Greetings, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Online under each listing there is a description of the rooms and the amenities. We are a hostel, we do not refer to ourselves as a hotel. I will speak with housekeeping in regards to this matter and will remain hopeful that you will come again.
6 night trip Nov 10, 2015
"Not good experience"
The room is very very small, only contain a bed, no table, no chair, no closet not even a hook to hang clothes on. the mattress is the hardest mattress I have ever slept on in my life, I think the floor will be softer. Next time I will try different hotel.
Response by The SunBright
Greetings, Photos of the rooms are available online in order for potential guest to view prior to booking the room. Thank you for the feedback.
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2015
Mahmoud
"Poor customer service"
Poor service and attitude from reception
Response by The SunBright
I am sorry that you encountered an issue with the front desk staff, I will speak with them as soon as possible.
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
"Don't Do It!"
Blood on Pillow Case Cockroaches
Response by The SunBright
I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you have experienced as a guest at our establishment, I will speak with housekeeping immediately in regards to this matter.
4 night business trip Oct 23, 2015
"good stay"
Some what good
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for your feedback.
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2015
"Rooms too small and no ventilation"
The rooms were too small leaving no room for even the smallest Suitcases. Also, there was absolutely no ventilation, which resulted in a very warm humid room. Even in november!! Finally, there were only three restrooms/showers for 20+ rooms. Would not recommend, unless very strapped for cash!
Other trip Nov 6, 2015
klaas
"Save money, lose dignity."
To be honest, what do you expect from the cheapest hotel available on Expedia in NYC. Still. nothing good to say about the place. no sound proof, disgusting bathroom and shower facilities, shady location.
Response by The SunBright
Hello, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay.I will speak with housekeeping to ensure that the property is kept clean. We appreciate the feedback.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"Dirty room and bad bed"
Try not stay here, it has bed bug. We got bite.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2015
xuezhi
"Not good.. ok ok"
Ok.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Prashant
Room was clean, staff was polite and helpful (gave my print out for next travel). They provide soap, shampoo, toothbrush, towel. Separate room booked. But the rooms are connected from top with other rooms. All neighbouring rooms snoring is clearly heard. One guy left his alarm clock ON in early morning and probably left for bath. Other guys got irritated and shouted for 15 min. Location of the room is good. Neighbourhood is not very clean but for a single man travelling staying for 1 night this is ok place to stay mainly due to the proximity to main places in NY at the rate affordable. If I come next time to NY for 1 night, I may prefer to stay here.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for choosing The Sun Bright. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and polite. Chinatown is a very diverse type of neighborhood. We do have larger sized rooms and it is unfortunate that we were fully booked during the time that you were interested in having one. We hope to see you again and appreciate your feedback.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2015
"GOOD HOSTEL"
Very simple and the room very small, with open top so little noisy. But price is excellent and no one place can but it, perfect for single who spending all day out, is just place to sleep. Clean enough and internet was working ok , staff ok no problem. It was my second stay there and sure will go back
7 night trip Oct 10, 2015
Waldemar
Horrendous!! Checked in, lay on my bed for a few minutes while two older gents did a drug transaction in the room next to me. I grabbed my bags and checked out immediately. I am generally happy to stay in a cheaper hotel in a good city to save money but this is by far the worst hotel I've ever seen!!
Response by The SunBright
It is extremely unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I wish that you would have reported this to the hotel during your stay. We definitely do not tolerate that type of behavior here on our property and would have called security to have those individuals removed from the property immediately. I will remain hopeful that we will have you again as a guest in the future.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2015
Matthew
"One Night at the Sun Bright"
I went there because of the great rate and the neighborhood. When I entered my room, it was basically a hostel coined as a room two adults. No pictures on the walls, no tv, no storage, no closets. It is a place I may have tried to tough out if I were still in college. It's a hostel. I stayed there only one night. Some staff were not that friendly, but a few were.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for choosing The Sun Bright, Management is working to make changes within the property. I am hopeful that we will have you again as a guest and that you will see the changes to the property. We are indeed located in a neighborhood that is close to a number of tourist sights. Thank you for the feedback, we will use it to improve the quality of our services.
5 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2015
Jesus
The hotel rooms are very small with only a sink and a very uncomfortable bed. There were 3 working bathrooms for around 30 rooms to share expect a wait. The bathrooms were clean half of the time and half of the people working there were very friendly. The sink in our room did not drain well and I did see smaller rooms that looked worse than ours and a few larger rooms. No ice available but they did let me print out a bus ticket and hold our bags before 2pm check in. Not worth the price I paid but was better than nothing. If you are white expect a lot of people to be rude to you in this area (china town) we loved the culture though.
4 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
"Terrible hotel in Chinatown"
This hotel is terrible. We had reserved a double bed but got two twin beds instead. The mattress on one bed was broken and very uncomfortable. There was no other furniture in the room, not even a small table or lamp. The room was windowless and warm. The shared bathrooms were cleaned every morning but by the afternoon they were filthy. I don't recommend this place at all.
Response by The SunBright
We apologize for the level of discomfort that you experienced while being a guest. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make the necesaary changes within the property.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Meg
It was good enough for the proce, but it was dorty and there was no bathroom or the room, only communal bathrooms.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for choosing The Sun Bright. We appreciate the feedback and will speak with housekeepers.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2015
Rachel
"cheap but no way to sleep"
may not worth it even if it's cheap. lot of noise.
Response by The SunBright
I am sorry about the level of discomfort you have experienced as a result of the noise. We hope that in the future you will choose The Sun Bright again. Thank you for the feedback.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Great value, not for the 'high expectation' travel"
If you're looking for a great price with access to 2 subway stations (Canal St. & Grand St.) this is it. Don't expect much more than European hostel quality amenities (no TV or A/C controls) including 3 shared bathrooms on the floor we were on. That being said, it was clean, convenient & friendly. I came across friendly, mostly foreign (Eastern European, Asian & Latinoamericans) and younger travelers looking for a great deal. Great deals around Canal St. Station and cheap eats (Try NY Noodle Town!). Most NYC landmarks are accessible with less than 2 connections. Staff was accommodating. No frills, great value. Walking distance to Chinatown and Little Italy. First night was kinda loud, but I'm an experienced traveller with noise reduction ear plugs.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for your feedback Ana! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Sun Bright. We hope to see you again.
5 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
Ana
"Snoozer"
Only needed a one nighter, so this was a cheap spot. Not really what I was expecting. Bathrooms were not that clean and some has collapsed ceilings. The chicken wire ceiling over the tops of the rooms was not beneficial to me as the guys on opposite rooms from me snored and I couldn't get the sleep I needed.
Response by The SunBright
I will speak with my housemen to ensure that the rooms on the upper level are as clean as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2015
Wil
"BEDBUGS GALORE"
if you're looking for bedbugs this is the place !!
Response by The SunBright
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for the feedback.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"dirty room, bugs, dirty smelly sheets, small room"
The room was too small and dirty. It smelled awful. The sheets were dirty,smelly and there were bugs on the bed. We checked out 15 minutes after we checked in. Nobody trued to help us when we asked for room change
Response by The SunBright
I am sorry that you encountered this inconvenience while being a guest at our establishment. Housekeeping will be notified of this matter immediately and we will do everything we can to make the necessary changes to ensure that all guest are comfortable. Hope to see you again.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
bebeto
"Bad night"
Bad bed was hard as a rock
Response by The SunBright
I apologize for this inconvenience and hope that in the future we will see you again.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2015
julio
Terrible!!!!
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for your feedback.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2015
"Budget room with improvements needed"
The bedrooms need new mattresses. The springs were digging into our backs. The rooms should be renovated. The bathrooms should be serviced both morning and evening. The air conditioning for the entire floor was too cold. Individual room controls of temperature would be a huge improvement.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sun Bright. I apologize for the level of discomfort that you experienced from the bed. Management has invested in having some construction done to the hotel this season, -I will remain hopeful that we may have you as a guest again in the future for you to see the changes that we plan to make.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
"Complete ripoff"
Don't list this place on your site you guys completely ripped me off. It was so bad I didn't even stay the night
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"A terrible hotel"
It is a cheap hotel with closet-size rooms. It has thin walls and dirty restrooms. No room housekeeping and no privacy. For your sake, please don't stay here. You'll regret it.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for the feedback, when guest arrive, there is a tag on the inside door knob of the room that reads "Housekeeping" and "Do Not Disturb". When a guest is interested in housekeeping services, they are opted to put the tag on the outside of the door. Housekeeping is available to any and every guest staying with us. We have photos of the rooms online to ensure that guest are aware of what our rooms look like. Thank you for choosing The Sun Bright.
7 night trip Sep 21, 2015
Jorge
Location is good, close to everything... However, the room is very tiny, the bed is very unconfortable
Response by The SunBright
I am glad to hear that you appreciated our location, we are currently working to make some changes within the hotel. We hope that in the future you will come again to see them.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"You are in Manhattan that is it."
Hotel conditions was bot good at all. Neighborhood is not clean and it's stinky. But, if you don't wanna spent money on hotels in NYC and and wanna stay in Manhattan this is the one of best ones. Because it is so close to subway and in 15 mins you can in Times Square. Rooms are average and so small but you are living in Manhattan :)
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property. Unfortunately, we can control all of the things that surround the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future, thank you for choosing The Sun Bright.
1 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2015
Furkan
"Horrible smelly and dirty"
Never will I recommend anyone to stay there!! Horrible experience just awful
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Dirtiest and Most Uncomfortable"
The room was very small dusty hair all over the floor, not even enough space for your bag or suitcase. The staff are not friendly and do not care. They even laughed behind my back after I had complained to them about the room. What they advertise on line is not actually what their services are. Shared bathrooms always occupied you have to wait in line. Means they do not have enough of those for their customers!!! They just want your money!!! I would not recommend it for anyone unless you are about to have no accommodation at all, last thing to do, like this should be your plan Z!!!
Response by The SunBright
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here at The Sun Bright. I will conduct a meeting with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Bottom out in this lower Manhattan dive."
This is the only time in my life I have checked out early & forfeited the 2nd night's charge because the place was that bad. The listing is incorrect because it contains the phrase 'room sleeps one guest/person'. The truth is a 'partitioned cubicle' holds one guest/person within a larger room that holds 50 or more. The rest rooms & showers were as bad as any I have seen. Quite difficult to sleep in this place. The 'bed' is a piece of foam on a piece of painted plywood. I have stayed in Chicago for this price & had a very nice room.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
Joel
Just to Stay as an emergency or if you can definitely not afford the littlest more. Restrooms should not be even legal
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for the feedback, it will help us to make the necessary changes within the hotel.We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2015
"Noisy, fifth floor without elevator, bad weather ،"
Terrible very bad experience, I came there fresh and back sick and cold
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"The worst hotel"
It was a dirty place and the staff was so rude
Response by The SunBright
Hello, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I apologize on behalf of my staff and will address your concerns with them. we hope to see you again.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2015
samet
Just stayed there for the nights, and still it was an unpleasant stay!
Response by The SunBright
I apologize that your stay was not what you expected it to be. We are planning to make changes and hope to see you again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
"Bad experience"
The customer services is horrible. The man working at morning time is terrible and speak badly to the people. I did not like his behavior...
Response by The SunBright
Greetings, Please accept my apologies on behalf of my staff. I will handle them according in regards to the matter. I hope to see you again within the establishment.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2015
"Nice location, not that nice facilities and staff."
Good location. Not nice staff. Short and narrow beds.
Response by The SunBright
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and all that it has to offer. I apologize for any negative feelings that you experienced. I will speak with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you for choosing The Sun Bright. e hope to see you again.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
"Just to sleep for a night."
Very compact Room( 1 Bed for two people and just the place to stand) Shared Washrooms Spring Beds Staff is helping and service is good.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for choosing The Sun Bright, We are pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful. We are currently in the process of making changes within the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
"You get what you paid"
Thought the name is "Hotel" but it is more likely a "Hostel" with private rooms. Rooms are pretty small but is enough for a single one to have a sleep there. A bed and a cabinet are all the facilities. AC, tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo and blanket are all provided.
Response by The SunBright
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you as a guest again in the future.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Poor"
Very poor acomodation
Response by The SunBright
We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us at The Sun Bright. We are planning to make changes within the hotel. We hope that in the future you choose to stay with us again.
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
daniel
"Terrible nightmare"
Terrible hotel with terrible environment. The bathroom was extremely dirty and wet. Wet paper towels all over the floor, the rooms are as small as a cell house and you can hear others on the next door. Extremely unsatisfied with the hotel's condition and hygiene.
Response by The SunBright
We sincerely apologize for the state of the bathroom upon check in. I will definitely speak with housekeeping in regards to this matter. We are working to make changes that will result in a more comfortable stay for all of our guest. We hope that in due time we will see you again.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Wing Fai
"Very bad service"
Bad service and don't want waste time to comment
Response by The SunBright
Greetings, We plan on making major changes within the hotel. Hopefully we will have you as a guest again and you will be able to see it. Thank you for choosing The Sun Bright.
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
kishore
"Cheap stay in New York"
This goes with the saying, "you get what you pay for". I knew what it was going to be like when I booked it. It worked for what I needed it for - a cheap place in New York to sleep and Shower. I really can't complain and I would stay here again, especially for the price.
Response by The SunBright
Greetings Matt, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Sun Bright. We hope to see you again in the near future.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2015
matt
"Bad experiense!"
It was a really bad experience! Bad facilities, bad services, bad hostel! Never gonn'a come back!
Response by The SunBright
Hello, It is unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, management is working around the clock to make serious changes within our facility. We hope to see you again the future.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2015
Yonatan
Cost efficient, very crowded and sort of scary... if you just need a place to crash it is ok.
Response by The SunBright
Greetings, It is unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Hopefully in the future we may see you again as a guest here at The Sun Bright.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
Good for night stay . Good locality with cheap price.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
prajwal
"Not that bright..."
Ok for one night or two EXCEPT if you have a light sleep ! You hear your neighbours just like if they were sleeping (or doing smthg else !!!) next to you in the same room...
Response by The SunBright
Hello, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at The Sun Bright, management is working hard to make changes occur within the property. Perhaps after everything is completed we may be fortunate enough to have you as a guest again.
3 night trip Aug 24, 2015