All hotels in West Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States of America
305 North Main StreetWest LebanonNH03784-1033United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Service is adequate
    Comfortable
    Regular internet service
"Clean and quiet"
Room was updated and very clean. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was one of the best I've had for small, independently operated hotels. Buildings are older but in good repair. Heat was plentiful as was hot water. Bathroom is small but well laid out and all amenities were provided.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Clean, comfortable rom for an overnight."
The motel was perfect for an overnight on the way down to Boston. Clean, comfortable, flat-screen tv, convenient.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Vaughn
"no bells or whistles. just a place to sleep"
Went to visit friends and this two night stay fit just right.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Works as advertised"
Cheap, clean, cramped but comfortable - if you want the Hanover Inn, it's just up the street, but if you want an inexpensive place to sleep and keep your stuff while you're out and about, this works.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Comfy stay"
Even though I stayed for one night because I had a exam in Dartmouth college, the room is comfy and hotel condition is all great. I know I am going to stay that again if i visit there
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Yen-Hsun
"Very old motel on a lonely country road"
It's one of those places I wish I had never been. Very old exterior and the interior of my room #12. Small room with too many things plugged into the few outlets in the room. Had to unplug the very small refrigerator and microwave to charge my phone. Dirty bathroom; hair ion the sink and a dirty toilet. Towels were fine. Very small sink would not drain. Bed squeaked when I moved. TV was fine and had lots of channels. No TV guide so I had to hunt for what I wanted. Very quiet place with only five cars in the lot. The parking lot needs to be repaved and they should, for safety, have exterior lighting. There was one bulb near the office. I had to leave early and breakfast doesn't start till 8 am,late in my experience, so I missed it. Can't say anything good about this place.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
JIM
My friend & I only needed a single night stay. It's prime leaf peeping season therefore, most places require a 2 night stay. We were greeted at arrival by what appeared to be the owner. The owner was disheveled, and his English skills were at best minimal. The room was small, NOT as pictured in any online photos, and not clean. The bathroom door didn't shut! There was a thick coating of dust on the alarm clock, TV, microwave etc. I would NOT recommend this motel!
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Deborah
"Sunset Motor Inn- Good in a pinch"
We were in town for a wedding and needed to find a hotel more within our budget. The Sunset fit our budget and you get what you pay for. The bed was not the pillow top they advertised. It was old and creaky and caused my bad shoulder to act up. The fixtures in the bathroom were plywood and not well finished. I closed the curtains to have mosquitoes fly out at me...I was glad we were only sleeping there for two nights. The owners were nice enough, but I feel that they will never update the place and will die with it as is. We paid 90 a night, which is high based off other reviews. I don't know if we would return.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great value"
A very pleasant and modest hotel, with an affordable price at a hugely overpriced area. The wi-fi in the room worked well. I appreciate the friendliness and non- presumptuous hospitality.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice view of the river"
The room was decent size. The bed was a king and quite comfortable. Had TV, micro-fridge, desk area. The breakfast was okay, but the first day the coffee ran out and no one was around for several minutes to make more. It advertises bagels--never saw any--and muffins--store bought mini muffins. Our room didn't get cleaned the first day, and of course we had the same towels, which luckily we had hung up in the morning. The TV area was dusty, as well the micro-fridge and lamp. Vacuuming was at a minimum. This motel was, thank goodness considering all, very quiet and had a great view of the river, and chairs set up outside. I could say I might stay there again if nothing else was available, otherwise, I would not.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Ellie
"Hard to spot from the road"
An older building. Nothing fancy, but acceptable.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Clean, quiet, well-managed motel"
This was my first time staying at the Sunset. I was looking for a reasonably-priced alternative to other accommodations in the area and had the Sunset recommended to me by a family member.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Becky
"not bad"
woman at reception talked too much, breakfast only from 8 o clock which is way too late
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Ok, but could be better!"
Staff check in was fine, polite. Room was clean enough but in desperate need if updating. Channel selection card was golded and dirty, wallpaper was stained. Bed was wxtremely hard and uncomfortable. Really, a coat of paint instead of old wallpaper, and a more comfortable mattress would have made a big improvement!
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Good Value Close to Hanover"
Clean and simple motel, with a surprisingly nice view of the river and Vermont landscape out the back windows.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2014
Stever
"Okay for the area"
Older 50's motel with updates. Nothing within walking distance but close to bus stop. Stayed 2 nights with no housekeeping. Breakfast was ok but didn't start til 8am which kept the attendance down and the owner's cost. Best value in area.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Resfellow
Was quiet and comfy, but no commentary breakfast before 7 am if any was provided. Had to leave at 7 am.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Roger
"Fine for what I needed...."
I was on business in the area and needed a room for the night. My room was small and very basic, but comfortable and clean. The owner/staff were helpful and pleasant people. The Sunset Inn is an old motel in a beautiful setting that overlooks the Connecticut River. Though I was on-the-run, it was very nice to wake up to natural beauty and the quiet. If I were on a fishing or hiking trip, I would book here again--but I would book a larger unit.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Tony J
"mildew"
There was such an unpleasant smell of mildew in the room we were not able to sleep. The respiratory effect and smells lingered well into the next day. I would not recommend this motel.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
"Simple and Clean"
No-frills, basic motel. Very clean, which is what mattered most to me. Bathroom was spotless, no funky smells anywhere, bed was comfy, too.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Serge
"Why call it the Sunset if you don't have a view?"
With a reservation, we were given a room with a view of a parking lot. When I complained I was told all of the other rooms were filled. Not a nice dynamic to begin the stay. This hotel was cheaper than the others nearby but next time I would go completely crazy and pay extra for a perkier room and lobby.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Glk
"nice quiet pretty location"
The staff of the hotel were pleasant,helpful and friendly but not intrusive. The view from the room was. Serene and beautiful. A very pleasant place to stay that was close to restaurants and shopping but at a really reasonable rate. A truly pleasant surprise for guests.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
"reasonable, very clean, well maintained."
enjoyable, well worth the money. What else is there to say?
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Jaq
"Lovely innkeepers"
Very near; easy check in. No frills but comfortable. Great bargain.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Jen
Basic room...great for a base of operation. Basic room, very clean, nice staff...Would definitely stay there again.
5 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
"Great location, thats about it."
.Place was full of cobwebs and dirty. Will never ever stay here again period.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Wonderful view of the Connecticut River"
Definitely the best part of this motel is the view from the back window. The building is located on a hill overlooking the CT River. Negatives- Unfortunately the windows in the unit where I stayed did not open- the gears on the handle crank were stripped, so I couldn't get the benefit of a cool breeze from the river. The internet cuts in and out, the breakfast area is in real need of more tables for guests to sit and eat, and during the summer season the weeds grow quite tall along the roadway on both sides of the driveway, making it difficult to tell if traffic is coming when you try to leave. The owners are foreign, can be difficult to understand and are very curt when they speak to you. It would be very easy to interpret their interactions with guests as rude or uncaring. I have only visited once, so I'll reserve judgment on that piece right now. Positives- the view. The interior of the rooms is like steeping back into the 60s, with low ceilings, dark wood trim and cabin-like feel. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom, sufficient soaps, etc, although only 2 sets of towels, so if you are the type to use lots of towels, you'll need to interact with the owners. The view is the best part, and interaction with the owners is certainly the worst part. They could both use customer service training. But I would stay again if I was in the area. It is only a place to sleep, and seemed to be pretty clean, so worth a 2nd visit overall.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
single female
This was just a night on our way home from Boston. Beautiful view from our room.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Practical"
It's not much to look at on the outside, but clean and for the price for a one night short stay--fine.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Perfectly good, especially considering the price!"
Was a bit concerned after reading some of the reviews, but my room was clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Staff was friendly, and breakfast was fresh and generous. 5-10 minute drive to Dartmouth College, which would seem to be the only thing of interest around...
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
First, it was easy to find just off the highway a bit. The gentlemen at the desk when I arrived was pleasant, fast and direct. I got my hotel room key and quickly made my way to my room. I like parking right outside my hotel room. The view of 5the CT River in the back was spectacular. I slept well although heard the sound of cars as they went by and car doors shutting in parking lot, a little annoying but that was fine. When I woke the next morning to take a shower I noted that there were hairs in the shower stall and I noted that there was a layer of dust throughout all of which I went over with the towel I used to shower. The shampoo the hotel had which I used having forgotten to bring my own had hair on it as well which was bothersome to say the least. There were many outdated magazines in the room including an old copy of a New Hampshire visitors guide which I quickly read through. Complementary breakfast was served promptly at 8 am, I had my coffee, I must say the coffee was great and the breakfast items I also enjoyed. This wasn't a fancy hotel by any hotel standards or my own but if looking for a place to crash at a reasonable price it fit the bill so I really can't complain other than to say that it really could have been cleaner without the dust and hairs in the shower. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and think it's a nice place if not looking for fancy which this place was not in any way however it was comfortable and served its purpose.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Catherine
"Owners and Managers were terrible !"
I was going to stay two nights , but this place and the managers were so nasty , I decided to spend the night under the stars on the trail instead of dealing with this place again!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"ok with its location and price in a small town"
Visited Dartmouth College recently but did not want to pay $300 for a night. This hotel is very close to campus. But the facility as well as the breakfast are very modest.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
May
"Great deal for the price"
Very clean. Great location. Went to visit Dartmouth. Close by. Breakfast was perfect. A nice touch. Beds were comfy.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Lmessian
"It was only one night!"
Very clean, room a little small, but just what we needed and the continental breakfast was ok. The view on the river was nice, but we got there on one of the worst rainy day of the month! We had Dr.s appointment in Lebanon and hanover the next day, so perfect for this kind of stay, no luxury but very well kept and clean
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Bernie
Very clean and quiet! The owners were at the desk when I checked in and served breakfast in the morning--very solicitous and helpful.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
Alison
"Good place If coming in from camping trip"
The room interior as shown in photos. Bathroom clean but run down. Room and beds clean and comfortable. Breakfast area in desperate need of upgrade. Inexpensive for proximity to Hanover NH. Decent 2 star.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
hadlie
"Nice hotel with very convenient location"
Very adequate hotel. It was convenient to everything we wanted to do on this getaway. Don't usually spend much time in the room so this hotel had everything we needed w/no frills.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
hiker1
"Owners were wonderful!"
Really enjoyed the hospitality - owners were hands on and really helpful. wifi and flat screen tv were great. bathroom could use a facelift.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
AC
"Riverside motel, our room no view."
We slept a bit between air conditioner motor blasts! Close to Hanover!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Unexpected Nice"
Great service - beautiful hanging flowers all around - totally unexpected view of beautiful lake outside window! Nice people - comfortable beds.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Ashley
"very handy"
Very adequate, close to the activity i was involved in, a good value.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice view of river"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The motel is close to town food delivery. Very easy to get into Hanover, a straight drive from the inn. Great comfort and quality for the price.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Channing
"Private, right on the Conn. River."
Was pretty nice, shower is quite small. Landscaping could use a little more attention, but overall quite cute.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Not so hot"
There were many things wrong with our room. The bathroom door needs to be shaved down so it closes. The bathroom light is outside of the room, presenting a problem for people asleep when someone gets up in the middle of the night to use the facilities. The light goes on, you can't close the door, equals cranky vacationers. The bathroom also needs a thorough cleaning the baseboard is disgusting. Breakfast is only served from 8-10am, which is far too late a start time for most travelers. We paid way too much for a room like this. We will be visiting Dartmouth frequently over the next few years, and will not stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"Old, smelly, in need of repairs"
Mildew, musty smell throughout, bed was hard as a rock, warm water shower not hot, but not cold as other reviewers mentioned. Never walked barefoot on the carpet, too dirty and dusty. Just a worn down hotel in need of some serious repair and updating.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Terry
"Terrible"
There are no amenities. Not even a coke machine. the bed was very old and hard. The room was moldy, stunk, very outdated. The breakfast and coffee doesn't start till 9am, had to drive 10 minutes for someplace open for coffee. This place is worst than camping with a roof because if the smell and potential health risk if the moldy smell. Will never return, nor would I suggest this for anyone, pets included. I stayed based on some favorable comments and close to 80% good feedback??? Not sure where these reviews truly came from?
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Terry
"Bed was extremly hard....dirty bathroom!!!!"
The bed was so hard that my back was sore the next day. The bathroom needed more cleaning. The room looked nice but I will not stay there again.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Ken
"No hot showers after 6 days"
We complained about the lack of sufficient hot water the first day and every day thereafter. Nothing was done.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Beautiful location"
The location was great. I took another posters advice and got a riverview room. It was well worth it. This is a great 1950 style hotel that has been kept up. Very quiet location but I was able to hear my neighbors. I did not get breakfast. It would be a great location for kids as there is lots of space to run around and is off the busy road. Room included fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014