All hotels in Silves, Portugal

"Hotel with castle view and nice pool"
We stayed here while passing through the area so we arrived late and left early. The hotel and pool seemed nice during our brief visit. Our room had a small balcony with table and chairs and a great view of the castle. The hairdryer in the room did not work well and there was no free wifi but otherwise the hotel was okay.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Katie
Beautiful view on the old city
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Not at the seaside"
The best part of this hotel was the view. We could see the castle, church and through the trees, Lidl Grocery store. The pool was lovely with no towels for guests. It was shown on the internet to be seaside but was no where near the sea. We could go there by car but many without cars were stuck in a very small village to walk to restaurants at night.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2012
Virginia and Al

"Nice simple hotel"
Beautiful views of Silves. Friendly multi lingual staff. Simple decor that is jaded in places and in need of some modernisation and "uplift". Pool was clean and furniture well maintained. Overall the hotel is clean and functional. Excellent position for lazy strolls around Silves
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Excellent value for money"
This is a good 3 * hotel. Although some aspects are a little tired looking and the bathroom was in need of renovation we found the service, cleanliness etc made for excellent value as breakfast was also included. The swimming pool was also appreciated although we would have liked a little more shade. We really liked Silves.
4 night trip May 6, 2014
R and G
"Good location, nice pool and easy parking"
Room allocated on arrival did not match room facilities booked but room was changed on request.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Stuart
"lovely to visit this charming hotel again"
We have now stayed at this hotel many times. It may be a bit dated but it is very good value for money. We love the views. Staff friendly and helpful. Will be going back again in a few months.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Rosie
"Mediocre"
On the plus side, the hotel is clean has stunning views of the castle. On the down side it is looking a bit tired, especially the bedroom. The staff are impersonal and find it difficult to smile. The continental breakfast was basic, lacking imagination, and the coffee, from a machine, was atrocious. I am unlikely to stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
"wonderful views"
Have stayed in this hotel many times. We love the atmosphere there. The bathrooms are a little tired looking, but there is always hot water. The best feature is the views across to the historic town of Silves.
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2013
Rosa

eine Nacht auf der Durchreise, schön Großes Zimmer sauberer pool gutes Frühstüch ,note gut
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Hans-Karl
DE
"La cama más ruidosa del mundo"
Es la cama que hacia más ruido que he visto nunca, el aire acondicionado hacia un ruido insoportable y si abrías la ventana era como si durmieras en una autopista, el desayuno escaso y para guinda te cobran el wifi a 3€ la hora. Todo por el módico precio de 80€. Eso sí, la piscina muy bonita.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2014
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
jorge varela
PT

TripAdvisor reviews for Colina dos Mouros

"Cannot understand the poor reviews"
07/05/15 Diana K Newark
We have just come back from Silves, a beautiful city, with great bars and restaurants. After reading some of the Trip Advisor reviews, I was unsure about staying at this hotel. My worries were unfounded; The hotel is set on the side of a hill with beautiful views of the city, castle, and cathedral, as long as you request a room with a balcony, but, worry not, if you do not have a balcony you can sit on the terrace, sipping a G&T and enjoying the views as well. The rooms are clean and on the larger side, the beds are on the harder side, but that did not worry me. Fresh towels every day, and the staff were friendly. We booked on a room only bases, so I cannot review the breakfast.
"Still the same"
06/30/15 DAVID L SWINDON
Have stayed at this hotel on previous occasions and in fact the last time was in February of this year with my brother, having lost my wife last year. This time I went on my own for 4 nights to see how I got on, and had a wonderful time. This was mainly due to the great staff at the hotel who were very helpful if I had any problems. Again I would endorse my comments which can be seen in my last review of this hotel last february apart from a slight problem with green bus (nothing to do with the hotel) for the time of my transfer from the hotel to the airport but the hotel management spent considerable time and telephone calls on my behalf in sorting the problem out.
"Lovely place for holiday ����"
06/26/15 Waldek P
We would like to say big Thank you to all staff at Colina dos mouros in Silves. Hotel is very nice and clean. Old gothic style with an amazing view for Castel and Mountain. They are offering profesionall service from house keeping staff, reception, bar etc. We stayed there from 18th to 26th of June 2015 and was the best holiday. This was our 2nd visit in Portugal and we think to come back here again and without doubts we would choose this hotel again. Rooms are very clean with fresh towels and tiddy service every day. We had half board options and food was very good. Nice bufet, cold food for breakfast - with fresh fruits. Very nice dinner - 3 courses each evening served ala card with choose of soup or salad for starters and meat or fish for main course. Lovely ice cream for deserts :). Nice pool area, very clean and quite to let you get proper rest in fantastic portugise Sun!!!! Once again Thank you to all staff we just knew few names like really nice staff -Nelson, Rafael but couldnt rememeber all guys names but how i mentioned above all staff from reception, kitchen, bar, restaurant even house keeping made our holiday very enjoyabale. Thank you Waldek Potocki
"Great price! For a great hotel with pool"
06/24/15 ScotlandHaggishead scotland
The price of this hotel was very good value for money and the staff were very helpful with lots of information about silves.the rooms were kept spotlessly clean and the swimming pool was large with ample sun beds available ,will certainly book again
"Budget hotel - you get what you pay for!"
06/23/15 Natalia T Silves, Portugal
A very handy inexpensive hotel for anyone wishing to stay in Silves. It is laid out in Moorish style architecture, and some rooms look like they have not been decorated since those times! We booked a week in September and, on arrival, found we had been allocated a ground floor room to the front of the hotel overlooking the road - which was immediately disappointing as we would have much preferred the view of Silves, the castle, and the river Arade. What we found even worse was that the road became very busy with traffic from very early in the morning, and so our sleep was continually interrupted. The room was quite shabby, and the bed fairly hard, and we had to keep the curtains closed as the window overlooked the front terrace where many people gathered and gazed inside. The very next morning, I asked the management to change our room - they were unhelpful at first claiming to be fully booked but later relented and we were moved to a room to the rear. This room was smaller, still a little shabby, and the bed as hard as nails; but the view to the town was superb, the location perfect for our need, so we made the best of it fro the rest of our stay. The breakfast was buffet-style, varied and plentiful, and we always took our coffee on the terrace overlooking Silves to 'start the day right'. We also enjoyed some evening dinners, which were delicious, and served by cheerful, helpful waiters. We noted that some large facility rooms were used for various functions; for example, a lunch for local pensioners was held one afternoon, but in no way did this adversely affect our stay - on the contrary, we found it all very interesting. Overall, our stay was fine as we needed to be in the Silves area for the week, but we would only recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Silves on a small budget. The food was fine, the staff tried hard to please, but the hotel could do with some money spending on it to improve the decor, modernise facilities - and replace those squeaky hard mattresses!
"How we saw it....."
06/17/15 Sue-Wayne25 Melbourne, Australia
We stayed here for one night as part of cycling trip. The room we stayed in was down a dark corridor. It had not been cleaned properly - there were empty bottles and a tray from the previous guests out on the balcony. The room was quite small, the bathroom also small. No internet access in the rooms, only in the shared areas. There was a bus group also staying at the hotel the night we were there - they beat us to breakfast and there was not much left to choose from. We also had an alcoholic couple in the room next to ours - they were smoking and yelling which I know the hotel can't do much about, but it does highlight that the walls are thin. Finally, we found the staff at reception. to be less than helpful. On the plus side - the rooms have a good view out to town, other than the balcony the room was clean, there is a nice looking pool and it's in a quiet part of town. It's the only hotel in town but I would not stay here again, I would try another town! (If you check my trip advisor reviews you will find that I do not say this often).
"Disappointed "
06/07/15 Jodiprose Mocarapacho
As we were only here for one night - I wasn't to bothered about the hotel. But must say front desk and bar very unwelcoming- which is actually in complete contrast to the very friendly people of Silves. We was not informed of breakfast times, location of pool, times to check out - to be honest I'm not sure the receptionist was even alive!!! No internet in rooms - beds very very uncomfortable. On the plus side the rooms were very clean.
"3 - 4 rating beautiful view of Silves"
06/06/15 ramblingwhiterose Cleethorpes
This is a basic hotel - the room was a reasonable size and was clean and comfortable - no tea/coffee making facilities. My room had a pleasant outlook over the swimming pool and to the town of Silves. However, if you are a late riser I would suggest asking for a room not below the dining room. The noise from above at breakfast time was not a problem for me as I tend to be up with the larks. The breakfast was as previously experienced in Portugal - quite acceptable choice but no hot food. Staff friendly and helpful. It was lovely to return to the hotel after an energetic day and relax in the swimming pool. Could do with a little refurbishment in some areas
"Repeat visits"
05/29/15 brian g Swansea, United Kingdom
My wife and I have visited Colina dos Mouros five times with another visit planned for this year. It is a quiet peaceful small hotel away fror the noise of the Algarve just a few miles down the road. The view of the old town of Silves with its cathedral and castle are outstanding particularly at night. There is a good swimming pool and the staff are very friendly breakfast is good but perhaps could include more choices. As a car-hiring photographer I find Colina dos Mouros a perfect base for visiting the lakes, the Atlantic coast and Cape St Vincent and the old town by foot.
"Great Hotel "
05/27/15 Kenneth W
Having stayed at this hotel in the past as a group of friends cycling, I knew what to expect. The staff are all very friendly and nothing is to much always ready to help. The cycle's where stored safely each evening in a locked room. The rooms where very well serviced and kept clean at all times. We stayed half board for a week as it is a great location for some good cycling. The meals where ok and kept us sustained. All in all a very good hotel, good price, great location we as a group will return again and again in the future. A big thank you to all the staff.