All hotels in Leicester, England, United Kingdom
84-90 Charles St, Leicester, England, LE1 1GE, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9225

The hotel and room was very nice but the heater didnt seem to work very well and it was a bit chilly
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Taxi pickups in the rear of the hotel away from the front desk. Very good breakfast. Easy walking distance to town centre.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Party hotel"
Good hotel for centre of Leicester but saturday evening full of party goers
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
sue
"Chosen for proximity to NYE Party"
The hotel was nice, the lobby and bar/restraunt were modern and upscale. The room was a bit small but the price was reasonable. The bathroom had an odd smell that was annoying but on a one night stay it wasn't a deal breaker. Parking is very close, and they validate so that you only pay 8 pounds a night instead of 24. All-in-all a good place to stay for us because it was a 2 min walk from the NYE party we attended that was awesome. And I slept like a champ, but anyone would after a bottle of Jack :)
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
"Great Hotel and in the Hub of the City!"
I grew up in Leicester, but have lived in the USA for 14 yrs where everything is much larger. I chose this Hotel for a 3 night stay while visiting family, after taking my Fiancee to London and Paris during the previous 8 days. Compared to London and Paris 4 star rated Hotels, this was more modern, larger, cleaner and comfortable and we were both so thoroughly relieved to finally have space, comfort and great service. Regarding parking a car, I would ask to use one of the few spaces that the Hotel has beneath in their basement, if any are available. The city car park, close by, was very expensive at 18.50 pounds per night! I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking to stay over in Leicester!
3 night family trip May 25, 2013
Martin
"Modern hotel, great location"
This is a very modern hotel, very comfortable room, free internet. Only about four blocks from the train station, and about six blocks from the bus station. Right near the center of the main shopping area, which is great! Would definitely recommend.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2013
"Okay place, great location"
Everything is in very good condition--hotel moved to this new location fairly recently, I was told. However, the amenities were a little lacking. No carpeting, no storage cabinet or chest, no easy place to put your luggage, no shelf in the shower stall to store items. If you can easily do without these, the place was just fine. The location is great: close to the train station and the bus station, and close to the central shopping area.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013

"Consistently great"
Great hotel, good location. Service was very good as we needed a late checkout because of our young children and this was not a problem. The baby cot was a little worn and not comfortable so I would recommend they invest in some new ones. Overall we always stay here on out trips to Leicester as consistently a great hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Extremely happy"
After booking quite late and this being the nearer and cheapest hotel to my desired location, I was extremely happy when I arrived, everything was clean and well maintained. Staff were helpful,rooms a nice size and comfortable. NCP parking literally opposite at a heavily discounted rate when validated at the hotel. Overall excellent. Will definitely use again next time I stay in Leicester!!
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Charlotte
"Basic accommodation - not very homely"
Terrible experience at check-in which took at least 20 minutes as our reservation couldn't be found (we'd made it through hotels.com). Room was very basic, didn't feel homely - just quite clinical - no carpets in the rooms for example. Basic accommodation.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Nice and modern hotel"
Great stay. Rooms are clean and modern, would definitely recommend it for staying in Leicester near the city centre.
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
"unhappy"
the kettle was not working and then beds were dirty with blood stains.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
There was no means to alter the thermostat, 21 deg C is a little cool.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2015
"Lumpy beds and surly staff"
Stayed for two nights. Mine (and my husband's) room was fine. Room was clean. Bed was lumpy and dipped in the middle (and too soft, but that is more personal preference). You couldn't change the thermostat in the room-this could only be done at reception, which was inconvenient. In total we had booked three rooms and they all had lumpy beds and thermostats that couldn't change, therefore it wasn't a one off. Felt that the room was missing some fundamental requirements - namely a toiletbrush! My parents, on the other hand, were no t so fortune. Their room smelt of cigarette smoke (they were unable to change rooms as the hotel was fully booked), and the bathroom had a leak at the base of the tap unit (which led to wet make up that had been placed on the counter!). The shower was powerful -overall, a good wet room. We had both dinner and breakfast in the hotel, neither of which was particularly good. Food was fine (and dinner reasonably priced), but the service was poor. At dinner the waitress cleared away two of the six plates while two diners were still eating! Breakfast: a long wait for the hot food (especially if you wanted scrambled or poached eggs). Staff were surly and disinterested-we had to ask for cups four times. When the said cups arrived, they were dirty (with tea down the side of some of the mugs!) as were some of the bowls (still containing remnants of the previous owner’s cereal!) All in all, stay was ok, but we won't be back.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
best place ive stayed
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Alisha
"July10th"
Very comfortable room staff were very helpful and polite
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Davy
I called for a wake up call at 11 o'clock no one answered same for operator.
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Useful hotel"
Room was good, not great, needed a bit more TLC. Location is unique selling point. Ideal for going out
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Nikesh
"All good apart from staff"
Modern, clean and git everything you need. Staff messed up charges on bill and took ages to sort it out, then didn't apologise.
4 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Rachael
"Average"
Thought the room was rather basic for the price tag. Could get more for your money in other branded hotels
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Gareth
"Love Leicester Ramada"
Spent 2 days in Leicester at The Ramada. Great spot but hard to find, drop off and park. The room and bathroom were enormous, obviously a room for the physically impaired. Facilities were very good, room was quiet, light and airy, with minimal furnishings. The reception staff was friendly and the lounge area welcoming and comfortable.
2 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Judith
"The Ramada Encore Leicester"
It was good
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Tony
"fine."
Good central location clean and tidy but fairly basic. Only gripe was the air con, was apparently controlled by reception. They did turn it down when requested (the number changed on the panel in our room) but not convinced it actually worked.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Ramada encore leicester"
Stay was short but the day and night staff were very good polite and very helpful. But it would help to have luggage trolleys. Other than that excellent service.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Zaytun
"Good hotel in the City Centre"
Overnight stay at this new hotel. Ramada as a brand is very good. Service at check-in, hotel staff and housekeeping very friendly. However, the rooms in this Encore were not great. Walk-in shower with no door and was right next to the toilet. Not ideal as the water goes everywhere!
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"A bit noisy"
There was to much traffic noise at 3.00am, but otherwise everything was fine.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Neil
"Great hotel comfortable"
Only negative comment was that they could not access the booking details for 20 minutes, parking was not easy
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
fred
"A bug catcher under the bed!!!!!"
I dropped some coins out of my wallet in my room under the bed. It was on wheels so pulled it out to get my money. Yuck!!!!! Hadn't been hovered in a longtime with dust dirt and grime. To top it off a bug catcher!!!!
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Ryan
"Great stay as usual"
Always a welcoming place when visiting Leicester. Staff are very friendly and hotel has all the facilities you could want. Highly recommended.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
hussain
"one night stay"
room clean. staff friendly and helpful. Short of chefs at lunchtime so ate out. room simple but clean and comfortable. Wet room shower splashed everywhere, not a good design. quite acceptable as a city centre hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Barry
"weekend break"
fantastic stay at ramada will defo be back brilliant service from shazad
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
shahbaz a
Is what it is, good city location. Food is average, what u'd expect really. Room cold...
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Jamie
"Better than expected"
This is the first time I had stayed in this hotel, where I was booked for 3 nights. The location of the hotel in the city center was convenient for many restaurants, I ate in the hotel just once and found the food to be slighter better than the normal hotel chain food with quick pleasant service. My room was at the back of the building and was quite. There was everything in the room that was necessary.
3 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
philip
"Bad quality even for a budget hotel"
I was very disappointed with the Ramada Encore. I stayed for 4 nights for work in January. It was very cold outside and unfortunately in my room as well. The heating was not powerful enough to heat the room and turned off when you were not in so every day when I came back it was freezing and not warm until 2am. I had to use the hair dryer to warm my feet up! In addition, the dry air blown into the room was very unpleasant and so I woke up several times throughout the night(s). I asked for an extra radiator and blankets which was ignored by the hotel staff. The floor is laminate (no carpets) which added to the cold feeling and the corridor (1st floor) stank of cigarettes. In addition, the entry area to my room didn't have a light fitting and so was always dark (impossible to see the heating control without opening the door. I would certainly not stay here again. I couldn't believe how inaccurate some of the other reviews were.
4 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Ranulf
"Staff don't care"
Room was nice, although we were put in a disabled access room. Reception staff didn't ever answer the phone when we rang from the room phone, so instead I had to keep ringing from my mobile to the main number...even so, still very rare for an answer. Overall, terrible service from staff. Shocking considering I stay at ramada hotels on verty frequently through business.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Weekend Break"
Good hotel, you will be pleased. Spacious rooms.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
"You get what you pay for!"
Very basic room, but for the cost was ok for a single night.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Jonathan
"Clean room but very cold"
Our room on the 7th floor was freezing when we arrived and turning up the thermostat made no difference. When I called reception the Young lady said she would turn the heating on (why did she need to do that when there were controls in the room?). We stood around in our coats and 20 mins later there was no improvement so I rang Reception again and was told the same thing, without even an apology offered. An hour later we took our coats off. Hardly a welcoming attitude from the hotel staff & I would not recommend this hotel to a friend.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Couple
"Would stay here again"
Perfect location for city centre, can't fault the hotel apart from there being no parking which cost me £20 to park overnight across the road. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were spotless. Surprisingly the bed was very comfortable. I would use again ;-)
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Perfect for a budget hotel"
Room was a little cold but the staff sorted that pretty quickly and efficiently. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms great for a budget hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"My breakfast was taken away from me!"
I booked this hotel online. I was told by the hotel that they would honour a 'free breakfast deal' that they had as part of a larger group booking. Well...they didn't. Breakfast was £10 extra. After a 10 minute argument with the manager, i had enough and told him to eat his own breakfast. Extrmely rude. Plus I was put in a 'disabled acess' room. I'm not disabled, but sadly it was more inconvenient than I expected. I thought it would be spacious and roomy, but they had awkwardly placed emergency cords eg just above the loo roll. So you can imagine what happened next ....I pulled it by mistake when it tangled in the loo roll! ...embarrassing. Awkwardly placed. Just a word of warning for disabled users.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
shami
"Know your busines"
Reasonable room and reasonable rate, it would be useful to ensure that the hotel are totally clear that payment is made through hotel.com as i was delayed and frustrated when checking out and they didnt get it. I paid again as they insisted i hadnt paid, i had to chase up the next day to get them to arrange a refund.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Would not recommend"
Long waits at reception when checking in and out. Room seemed small compared to premiere inn and holiday inn. Overpriced for what it is...
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Nice clean hotel and I keep going there."
I like this hotel and readily recommend it . The restaurant and bar are good, the morning breakfast is nice.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Phil
"Central location"
Good value for money. Comfortable rooms, nice beds with free wi-fi. Hotel is right in the city centre.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Sue
"Cenral location"
All good. Central location, everything you need for a pleasant stay.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Allsorts
"glad I chose it"
Enjoyed my stay, will go there again.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
"Modern Hotel close to the centre of Town"
It was a little tricky to navigate the one way system to park at the Car Park opposite the Hotel but once we had it was a fantastic base to explore the City. The room was spacious comfortable and very clean. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Jen
Comfortable stay with good access to most places.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Convenient to City Centre-Good value"
If you have a meeting or business in the city, then it is very convenient place. The only downside is that there is no complementary car park albeit that hotel-discounted NCP car parking is available at a rate of £8.00 for overnight stay, may not be 24 hours. Towels were clean, room was clean, and upper floors reasonably quiet and peaceful for a good night sleep.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014