All hotels in Branson, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3295 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, Branson, MO, 65616, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great place to stay for us seniors."
The stay was great. The staff was kind and helpful. The only thing that we didnt care for was the beds. They are way to hard even for a motel. But all in all we had a great time and were well taken care of.
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
"great"
Enjoyed it, was very pleased with everything,will come back
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"indoor and outdoor pool a hit with kids"
Clean rooms, both indoor and outdoor pool that is great for kids, good breakfast. Rooms are decent size, small tv that was older, and small bathrooms. We weren't un our room very much, so the fee negatives were not a problem for us.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Hotel Impossible Misfire"
We booked based upon the supposed "Hotel Impossible" remodel bragging on the website. I guess the room that they did remodel was booked. But really, the mattresses were not even of the quality one would get at a surplus unclaimed freight store, the televisions were analog with the huge tube bustin' out the back, and walking on the floors felt like the sub-floors were about to give way to rot. No evidence of remodel as we have stayed at this hotel several years and vowed not to go back then. But, we gave it another try, but left after one night. We had booked for 4 nights, but left to another hotel for the remaining 3. So disappointed. Also, the "breakfast area" was little more than folding tables and resin chairs. The food was okay, but lower quality cereals and milk containers were not marked as to what sort of milk was in them. Was way over priced and ended up at the premier lodging on the strip for $15 a night more. Nothing more than lipstick on a pig.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"No free breakfast, but still had a good time"
The motel staff were very friendly and accommodating and the rooms were comfortable. The free breakfast left a lot to be desired. There were so many people staying there last weekend that the women who were fixing the food could not keep up with the demand. Guests were standing in long lines waiting for food to be brought out and when they brought food out it was very limited. There were 6 adults and our 10 month old grandson in our group and we couldn't wait any longer for food to be brought out so we ended up going somewhere else for breakfast both mornings we were there to buy breakfast. We were very disappointed. If they know there is going to be a lot of guests they should prepare a little better for it.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
nancy
"Bare bones"
Room temperature was very uncomfortable. Tv quality was very poor.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
toot
"good"
Nice people at desk..room was clean, id go back
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
sheila
"hotel helpfulness."
Staff very helpful morning breakfast very good, housekeeping very friendly. thanks for having pc for online tickets. Thanks to everyone.
8 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2014
"Footsteps"
Other than hearing every footstep from floor above the place was ok. The breakfast was passing but at the complete other end of buildings. Kinda dingy
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Extreamly convenient."
Suitable in all aspects for the price. Great pools, and decent breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Nice rooms, close to everything."
Rooms were clean, Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Pat
"Nice Motel for a good price"
Upon check in our room was ready front desk was very informative about room location pool locations breakfast location and hours. The room was very clean somewhat outdated but we weren't paying for the Hilton. Overall very satisfied we have stayed in Branson numerous times over the years from the nicest to the low end. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and have already referred it to others.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Hotel Cancelled my reservation!"
Someone at the hotel cancelled my reservations for 4 nights. The desk attendant wanted to argue with me about the reservation and I had to insist that I made a reservation and had my receipts before she would look for my paperwork. Luckily, they found us a room. The so called wifi service was absolutely terrible. I called 3 times to complain about it and the clerk was rude to me insisting that his wifi service worked just fine. I kept telling him that our devices would not even find their network because the signal was so weak. The room was spacious but there was a lot of wasted space and the bathroom/sink area was terribly small. The only nice thing I can say about the customer service was the housekeeping staff that offered to help me carry my luggage out when we checked out. I will not stay here again.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
Family Vacation
"Older property, good location, great staff"
The room was very plain, a bit worn, but clean and the beds were comfortable. The indoor corridors seemed a bit shabby leaving the feeling that updating is a bit overdue. Breakfast was ok, but a bit awkward for my daughter and me since all of the tables are large and seat 6-8 people, so we ate breakfast in our room. Somewhat plain and lacking much variety but better than simply a continental breakfast. The best feature of the hotel, by far, is the indoor pool. We didn't have much time to enjoy it, but it's a good size, modern and inviting. Overall, it would be a challenge to find a better value at Southern Oaks and the awesome helpful staff just put it over the top. It's not the Hilton, but at a fraction of the price and having the nicest possible people running the place, it's close enough for me to stay there again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Love to Travel
"Nice hotel close to the strip"
Really comfortable rooms, good service, not a lot of noise. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Crystal
"Branson getaway"
The hotel was nice with both inside and outside pools. Breakfast was nice and we were able to just walk across the road to a nice BBQ joint. We would definately stay again and recommend to others.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
make Bailey
"breakfast"
Crazy good breakfast
4 night trip Nov 28, 2013
mike
"Nice stay."
Great location, just off the strip. Very friendly staff. Nice pool and facilities. Our only complaint was the beds were hard. Oh and the TV was a little smaller than most hotels where we have stayed before. But we don't watch a lot of TV on vacation anyway.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Chas
Really needs updating.
Business trip Nov 12, 2012
Glenda
"Branson stay"
Needs some small updates - curtains, air units, bathroom sinks and showers. We had a good stay and had no major complaints. Employees were all helpful and friendly.
Other trip Oct 21, 2012
"Great value!"
Excellent value! We will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2012
Carla
"Subpar"
large room, small beds, dresser, table and tv. low shower head. did not enjoy being in my room. of 20 or so different rooms visited in Branson at this price range over the years this is on the lower end.
Other trip Aug 4, 2012
craig
"Bad choice"
Room was musty and had no lighting to speak of. You needed the curtain open to read. poor quality construction. Loud dehumidifier in the room and noisy Air conditioner.
Other trip Aug 1, 2012
"25 $ key return ??"
this motel had keys. and if you didn't get them back there was a 25$ fine.... why not get those plastic cards with the pizza advertisements on them and not worry about the keys. Also the add said refrigerator on request. they didn't tell you that it was a 5$ charge. the phone didn't work. the continentel breakfast was crowded. I doubt that soutern oats will see me back.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
Aaron
"Nice indoor pool"
The hotel staff were wonderful. Friendly. The location was very good and easy to get in and out. The indoor pool was located behind the hotel, in a very nice private place. The pool looked nice and clean. There were clean towels. The room, however, was old and musty. The stairs were musty. The TV in our room was smaller than our suitcase. Its a nice place if your not planning on relaxing in your room. Although there was a lot of noise in the hallway, our room was pretty quiet at night.
Other trip Jul 18, 2012
Carla M

We love staying here! Great breakfast! Close to the strip and clean!
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
3 night trip Nov 28, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Southern Oaks Inn

"Do not stay here!"
06/24/15 Rad_Diver
I thought I had made a good decision about staying here since this place has gotten such great reviews, but I was wrong. I was very disappointed with this place. The rooms are very dated and there is a musty smell. The first night we stayed, we were kept up until 1200 in the morning due to a large number of people having a party on the pool deck next to our room. The next morning when I got up, I wanted to go sit on "our" veranda (which is directly connected to the public deck) at some point in the night, someone had leaned over our railing and took both of our chairs. Once I finished my breakfast (which was not the best) I noticed a large bug crawling across the pillow on our bed! I was not impressed with this place and I nor my family will ever come back here!
"Not great, even for the price"
06/15/15 Cody C
I was very disappointed in this property. The rooms are quite large, but are empty. Early this year we stayed at another inn with a very similar price and it was much better than this one. There were no refrigerators and no microwave in the standard double queen rooms. Just 2 beds, a small 20+ year old tv and a small outdated bathroom. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool is nice, but in the evening the outside doors were propped open and other guests were drinking and smoking, making for a very unfriendly environment for children. Will not return.
"Not what I expected"
05/23/15 brittanytodd
outdoor pool was closed, indoor pool was too small and overly crowded, bed was too hard, felt like a old box springs, room was very out dated and the old tube TV was too tiny! Pillows on bed were so flat, we all had to use three of their pillows to equal a regular size pillow! Only good thing was the location! Won't be staying there again
"Great place"
05/18/15 Southwestkansas
Very clean, staff very nice. Definetly worth the money. Rooms are very spacious. Nice indoor & outdoor pool. Close to everything. Comfy beds. Great breakfast. Biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal....
"Family Fun! "
04/25/15 Jamie B Cape Girardeau, Missouri
We stayed here last weekend and it was great! We had the 3 queen room. It was very roomy, clean & the beds were comfortable! There was plenty of pillows & extra blankets! We stayed in "C" building, we were very close to the pool & breakfast! The pool was large & nice & clean! The breakfast was ok, all the workers we encountered were friendly & helpful! The stay from reserving the room to check out was great! Everyone was friendly!
03/29/15 Aj B
Visited this weekend, and was so excited to be going back to Southern Oaks Inn! We'd visited here before, some years ago, what a difference a decade makes. Walked in, three people behind the counter, no one spoke to us when we walked up. Sure, the gentleman WAS friendly when he did speak. Got our keys, yes keys, no room card, lol. Place smelled clean and fresh like mulberry as we were walking through the hallway to our room. Surprise! Bad smell, smelled old. Okay, we could deal, rooms weren't expensive, right? Breakfast was a full breakfast, nice right? No, at 8:00 there was no food. Okay, so, we got the jacuzzi room, oh how I was looking forward to this time. Well, started to get in the jacuzzi, noticed a brown ring about an inch wide around the drain, got a towel to wipe it, just in case it would come off. Well, it did, it was caked on nastiness! After closer observations, there was hair in the tub!!!!!! Oh my gosh, seriously? Nasty, nasty, nasty. Called the front desk and was told "you could switch rooms". Ah, no thank you. I asked "can't you just come clean it?". Well, they did. Made me wonder what else they don't clean, like the bedding? Got up at the crack of dawn today just FOR breakfast, and lo and behold, it was there, and it WAS good! To conclude, we won't be coming back. The warm yummy cinnamon rolls at breakfast aren't enough to draw us back! I would have rated lower, but it isn't possible. Disappointed.
"a great value"
03/27/15 Jennifer H Salem, AR
This place is not fancy, but the rooms are quite spacious and clean and the service is excellent. For around 50 dollars a night, it cannot be beat. It's located on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and is easily accessible to my favorite Branson theaters. If you want a good clean room at a bargain, then this is the place for you.
"Not Much I Would Change"
11/19/14 Deb S Zimmerman, Minnesota
We stayed 3 nights at the Southern Oaks as part of a motor coach tour. Our room was clean and there were plenty of towels supplied. The staff was very friendly. We had requested a room with a refrigerator as we had some medication that needed refrigeration. There was no fridge in the room, but after phoning the front desk, it was no more than 5 minutes before we had a refrigerator. My biggest concern was that there was no elevator and the facility is not very accessible for the handicapped. You can request a first floor room, but to get to the breakfast area you need to go down a couple flights of stairs, and a few people in our tour were really struggling with that. There are A, B, C and D buildings, so the folks in A and B buildings had a bit of a walk to get to the D building for breakfast. Breakfast wasn't bad if you're not diabetic - very heavy on the simple carbs. There were sausage and powdered eggs too, but the sausage was greasy and the eggs were kind of watery. We chose other options for breakfast after the first day. Though we didn't use the pool, we did check it out and it was nice and warm - always a plus! I would recommend this hotel to a young family with no accessibility issues, but I would not personally stay there again.
"Clean, Good Hot Breakfast, Nice Folks!"
11/04/14 Brian J Tulsa, Oklahoma
We had never stayed on this side of Branson before, but will definitely stay this side from now on. Literally a two minute drive to Golden Corral Restaurant, a few minutes to a grocery store, antique mart, and the stop light to turn back toward Silver Dollar City. The Hot Breakfast was a great selling point and the grandkids loved it. The room was clean, plenty of towels, and although the Televisions are mighty small, all in all, it was a great stay. The pool is also very nice and clean. We would stay here again, which is rare for us to say about an independent motel in Branson.
"Great Stay at Southern Oaks Inn"
09/16/14 Cecil R Collierville, Tennessee, United States
We waited until we got to Branson to decide a good place to stay. We went on line and found very good rates for Southern Oaks Inn. The Staff was great, quick checkin, nice clean rooms. We could not have asked for more and will continue to go back to Branson and stay at Southern Oaks Inn. C.W.R. Collierville, Tn.