All hotels in Madrid, Spain
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereCalle Arenal 10, Madrid, Madrid, 28013, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Keep searching"
I had two children (one who is not walking yet at 14 months) and they placed me on the fourth floor! I asked to be moved and was treated very poorly by staff. All staff working looked all up 16 years old and had no understanding of customer service. The best part of the visit was the location
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Youssef
"Bad apartment in good location."
The apartment is in a great location but it also faces the street and is extremely noisy at night. The checkin was not at the location of the apartment and required us to tote our bags down the street to another office to checkin before dragging them back to the apartment. Upon waking up the next morning my wife and I found several small bugs in and around the bed. Not sure what kind but they were small and red. We would not recomend staying here.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Gregory
"BED BUGS!!!"
Our family experience: Starting, Rooms have BED BUGS! Unfortunately, not clean at all. You can find human hair everywhere. During our stay, last Christmas, we were bitten by bed bugs. It wasn't easy to convince hotel staff to change our apartment. They MADE us to MOVE to other apartments 4 times in 5 days. We had to carry our own suitcases most of the time in buildings with no elevator. It was my mother's birthday, and the vacation was supposed to be a birthday gift for her. We could not plan anything because we had to pack and unpack our suitcases each time we moved. Had to cancel our daily trip to Toledo. Horrible experiences and unpleasant memories. Overall, I am very unsatisfied and unhappy with the Apartments Arenal.
5 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Anita
Great location. Right in the centre of the city. Very good and helpful staff. Price is for the location. The cheaper rooms are super small with shared bathrooms. Very very basic. Paper thin walls , can even hear a pin drop. People shouting all night
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
RAHUL
"Madrid"
Check in hard as the check-in office is a couple blocks away. The notice of where to check-in was not obvious and hard to find. Hotel Security is poor as at night can get in with a key and no one on the premises. Room was comfortable but the heater didn't work, but there was a back-up unit.
2 night trip Feb 18, 2015
"Winter in Madrid."
Amazing stay in Madrid in the middle of everything! Staff was very helpful, and the room was very clean. The bathroom is a little small, and the no elevator situation can make it tough on some since the stairs are a bit steep. Overall it was great.
3 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
Christian
"Great Price, Great Location, Great Everything"
Hello, I recently stayed here in November 2014. I had booked a shared room and was conveniently greeted to an upgrade of a private room with a private bathroom, I was shocked and very grateful. The aparta-hotel type facility is located about a 5 minute walk to puerta del sol and is located near many bars and restaurants and also nice tourist spots like plaza mayor, mercado de san miguel, palacio real and sightseeing bus stops. What I really liked about this hotel (and I am very picky) is that the staff is very accessible and the room came with a separate living room and kitchen facilities, very clean also! I am very thankful for their service and already booked my second stay, happy to see you soon!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Gabriella
"Bad stay, no elavator, noisy inside the building"
Teenagers are too loud after midnight playing on the halls of the building and no front desk to complain. No elevator, our room was on the 4th floor and had to go upstairs with luggage
2 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
agustin
"Bring your own tp"
Great location. Very nice size room but no maid service or refill on anything during stay. Would absolutely repeat again for a day. We stayed for 4 days. Run out of bath supplies. Had to buy tp among other things. Not designed for any prolonged stay.
3 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"First Eurotrip"
The apartment was well maintained, had a secret attic with two beds and A/C with plenty of room to sleep. Also perfectly located next to Plaza del Sol (main gathering spot for people) and in a safe neighborhood. Loved this place.
3 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Danny F.
"Street singers helped me sleep every night!"
I really enjoyed my stay in Madrid. The hostel was interesting. It was a 5 floor walk up. When I went out in the morning, I did not go back up the stairs until the evening. When in my room if I ran the air conditioning too long the circuit breaker would go off and they told me how to turn it back on. This happened on two nights of my 5 day stay. I discovered that if I opened the window at night, the breeze was cool enough that I did not need the air conditioner and I could hear the street singers. Since I love music the singers were nice to go to sleep to. The shower stalls in each of the two bathrooms were 2 feet square. This was fine, except when I dropped a bar of soap... :)
5 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Love2Travel
Internet connection was very poor. They need to fix this. Everything else was great
2 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2014
Lucas Harcia
"Location, location, location, don't go anywhere el"
Loved Madrid, loved the neighbourhood, loved the location. Although the hotel was more of a B&B, the hotel front desk guy was good. He walked over to our hotel and got us settled in, ordered us a cab to airport, so not bad, compared to other hotels we stayed at in Spain and Italy.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
Adele
"Visit to Madrid"
The location of the hotel office for check-in is not clear. We went to the address indicated in the Webpage but is not located there. We need to search around until find out the new location. This is not one site facility but a number of apartments spread around Puerta del Sol. Probably good for someone that will stay for a long time in Madrid, because of the location, but not recommended for a short time stay.
3 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
"Good location, NO ELEVATOR"
Getting to the fifth floor with all our luggage was a nightmare!!!
"Excellent location, excellent room"
Family of 5 (3 kids), we stayed two nights. The apartments are quite nice, and the room was large, clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 5th floor, so no issues with noise from the street. The best thing about the apartment is the location: it's absolutely in the middle of everything, walking distance to lots of food, shopping, and things to see. Overall I'd highly recommend this place.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
Tony D
"Great location and access"
This is a great hotel location right in the middle of the action, walking distance to the Palace, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Metro, etc... Walk-in distance to grocery store and one block from the best breakfast place you could ask for... Remember to ask for "Huevos Rotos with chocolate churros".... MMMM... Room was very comfortable, clean and has a great AC system... For us a family of 5 was great Front desk was very helpful specially the girl from Italy...she help us find everything we needed...
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Amaro Family
"Perfect!"
The location and the rooms are great! The rooms are almost like a simple hotel; we didn't mind the stairs, we love walking anyway. The staff was very nice. The only down side were the showers' sliding doors, in both men and women restrooms, they are broken, I am not sure if this was the only reason why the floor ended up filled with water, but no accidents luckily. We would definitely recommend this place. Excellent neighborhood, not for light sleepers though. Have fun!
3 night romance trip Jun 15, 2014
Priscila
"central location"
great location- you can walk everywhere, bathroom was super tiny- - shower stall was very dated- towels were old and gray. definitely not a luxury place to stay but perfect to catch a good nights sleep.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Close to everything!"
Excellent price for a bedroom with wifi and tv. I stayed two nights with no need of private bathroom and saw almost of the nice places over there in Madrid.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
herni
This hotel is walking distance to every attraction and shopping area. Tough to get up five levels to apt 5c. Kids loved beds in loft. Lobby is a block or two away in separate building. Waited a little while for somebody to show up and no one answered listed phone on door. As someone mentioned, bathroom has a permanent bad odor.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Rarecpa
The hotel was centrally located, walking distance to the Puerto del Sol Metro station, restaurants, shopping, and tourist sights. The hotel staff were courteous, friendly, and helpful. The biggest problem we had was the lack of elevator and going up and down to the 4th floor with our heavy luggage.
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
Ren
"Inexpensive Accommodations near Puerta del Sol"
Apartments Arenal is really about 40-45 guest rooms in three locations, two of which are a several block walk from the office. All are walk-ups - no elevator. Rates are extremely good when booked in advance for early June; they quickly become not quite as good if you wish to extend your stay toward the middle of June. Rooms are in older buildings but showers are good, bed was acceptable, decor is spartan/'minimalist. The location is great - heart of Madrid near Puerta del Sol. The management is friendly and helpful but sort of rag-tag. Room was not cleaned on 4th day (their policy-each four days) and when it was it was done poorly. On the other hand, they spontaneously loaned us an older computer to use during our stay. Inexpensive by Madrid standards which will remain its primary appeal.
4 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Roomy, in the middle of Madrid but noisy at night"
Yup, you're only steps away from the center of Madrid close to restaurants and attractions but it gets noisy at night - people screaming (probably drunk), metal clanging (chairs?) and back up horns of trucks (garbage trucks?). Get the higher floors to minimize the noise but I did not see any elevators around so you have to carry your luggage up. Its roomy though with 2 bedrooms and a queen size futon in the living room. Has a fully stocked kitchen. So this apartment is trade off between location and noise.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
R
"Good hotel, odd service."
Great hotel room, when we arrived the hotel upgraded us to a full apartment and the room was fantastic. He only issue was that it was on the top floor and the hotel used wifi repeater and after telling the staff twice the next day the wifi on he top floor was not working I finally reset the repeater myself and we had wifi the rest of the time. Outside of that it was great.
2 night trip with friends May 13, 2014
"Very loud!"
The place was great and everything worked, but the noise from the street kept us up all night. Another terrible thing was that there was no elevator, so carrying our heavy luggage four stories up was no fun...
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2014
MS
"Ok for a hostel, but bathroom smelled like a sewag"
The hostel was in the perfect location, close to the action (near restaurants and Plaza del Sol) and the metro. The room itself was fair/good. Pretty spacious for a hostel. The bathroom was fine too, but a day after we were there we noticed a smell coming from the bathroom. It smelled like raw sewage/port-a-potty. It was so horrendous that my boyfriend and I had to plan out the times when we were going to use it because it was so overpowering that I actually gagged. But the problem was, the office was only open during certain hours in the day and it was already after the time when we became aware of this.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
"Good hotel in excellent location"
We were looking an apartment for our family of five. This one met our expectations of budget and good location. From this point we could reach easily most of the touristic places, either by walking or through any of the metro stations nearby. The staff kept our luggage early in the morning until the time to check-in came. The office is located in a different building from where we stayed, but one person took us there; it was only 2 blocks away. There were some small supermarkets near the building where we could buy some stuff for breakfast. The building looked old from the outside, but the apartments were modern and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Jdmers64
"View to Puerta del Sol"
It was great. the location is 2 minutes from puerta del sol. the groceries store is 5 minutes away. shops and bars surround it. We watched The puerta del sol celebration for new years from our balcony. we were able to see the clock and hear the bells perfectly without having to leave the apartment. The apartments are really pretty. The only thing would be the fact that its a little noisy and that our sink got clogged every time we washed dishes.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2013
"Location great. Staff excellent"
Very pleased with location, accommodation and staff helpfulness. Strongly recommend hotel.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Recommended!"
The location is unbeatable, the prices are excellent, the rooms have everything you need and the service was very good. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. The apartment we had was in Bordadores street and had an elevator which was a great add-on.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Gabriel
"Exellent location and incredible price!!!"
The price for this hotel is unbeatable for its location, literally right next to the plaza and the train station. Some rooms even have kitchens that you can use to save you money. We did not used the kitchen because we love Spanish food, but somebody staying with kids could save a lot of money cooking in. The staff is multilingual, and very friendly. Highly recommended, I will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2013
Angel
"Great location, very noisy at night"
Great location but very noisy at night. The beds are next to windows that face the street and the nightlife noise kept us awake each night until past 0400 AM. The rooms are tiny but clean. Cheap furniture. Tiny bathroom. I would not book here again unless I planned on staying up late. The staff are friendly and professional. Wifi is spotty.
2 night trip May 28, 2013
Greg
"You get what you pay for"
Let me start by saying that apartments arenal was chosen by me and my girlfriends due to it being the most reasonable accommodation in the heart of old town Madrid. In that, I give it full points. A couple of reasons you may not want to stay there include that there are no elevators so if you are carrying heavy luggage, you need to lift it up yourself. Secondly, there was no daily room service so each day, I had to look out for the cleaning service at the hallway and ask for more toilet paper as we were 3 in a room.
3 night trip Apr 26, 2013
"Great Location! In the Heart of Madrid!!!"
It's an affordable hotel, Clean, room was small but I didnt care because the Location was perfect! It was a bit noisy at night but you can sleep with no problem. The staff was great , its an old building so dont expect a 5-star hotel! its a good deal for the price!!!
5 night trip Apr 25, 2013
"No elevator"
Good but on 5th floor and no elevator
4 night trip Aug 11, 2012
Javier
"Great apartments in the heart of Madrid"
Would definitely recommend this apartment/hotel. Great apartments if you want to stay close to all the action of Madrid. The location is terrific for tourists, as it is close to many eateries and many of the tourists sites. Would definitely stay here again, especially since the prices are right and staff are very friendly. Also, great for someone wanting something a little bit more like home as all the rooms are apartment style.
2 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2012
Terron
"awesome stay"
I came to Madrid with my two classmates (we are all girls) and this was the best place to stay. We felt safe and comfortable leaving our bags in our room. You had to go through 4 doors, each with a different key to get into the room. It was so clean and new feeling. It was really close to most of the main tourist attractions. If I were to return to Madrid I would stay in Apartment Arenal.
2 night trip May 10, 2012
BcW123456
"Great place to stay!!"
The apartment was amazing. The balcony overlooked the street with a beautiful view. Beds were comfortable. My only complaint was the other guests were loud. The staff fixed the problem and the rest of the stay was very pleasant. I would definitely stay there again!
3 night trip May 4, 2012
Chelle
The staff was very friendly but there was some confusion about where to leave the key because we checked out before the office was open. Our apartment was about a block away from the office where you check in, and there was no drop box for the key. We ended up leaving it in the apartment, per one of the employees suggestions. We did not get charged an additonal fee for checking out early, which we had anticipated from reading other reviews, and the hotel policy. The apartment was not fancy but it was clean and very roomy. It appeared to be newly furnished with Ikea type furniture. There were 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a living room with a fold out sofa; and a kitchen. Plenty of room for the 5 of us. We did not do much cooking, but there were some basic dishes and pans in the kitchen, if you wanted to. Two downsides were that the beds were not very comfortable, and the washing machine did not work, we could only get it to spin, despite numerous attempts to reset it. There was a large drying rack if you want to do laundry. The apartment was in a great location for sight seeing. Just across the street from a terrifc churros and chocolate place, and a few short blocks from the Sol metro stop, Plaza Mayor, and the Palace. We were able to walk around at night (10:00pm) and feel safe. Overall a good deal for the price.
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2012
S

"Please read! This hotel is disgraceful and filthy"
Turned up at airport, they arranged for someone to collect us, we had to wait an hour whilst another party joined us, finally 90 minutes after landing we arrive at the reception at 10PM,We were then made to wait an hour while they took others to their room.. I had a 13 year old girl stood out on the streets until 11pm. We finally got taken to our room, upon opening the door, we realized it hadn't been cleaned and the hotel lady rather red faced took us back to the street and rather rudely start shouting on her mobile and telling us she didnt know what to do. Having a young girl with us I started worrying a little. 11.45pm we finally found another room in the apartments, the bathroom door locked you in if you closed it, the window didnt close to the street so it was cold and noisy, the beds were covered in hair. We left early due and found somewhere else. Disgraceful response from the reception when I went down at 8am and waited until 9.05 for them to open. DO NOT STAY Here, the pictures are not what you get, Honestly its really really really bad. and I wouldnt even stay here on a stag do. I don't know how its got over 3 stars its terrible, and ive stayed in some pretty rough hostels whilst travelling. this one wins hands down
3 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Snag this one if you can!"
The location was in the heart of it all! The flat was huge and as pictured! This place was great! Everything was immaculate, the staff was amazing, and the location was to die for!
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
TRAVIS
"Great Location in Madrid Centre"
Good Location close to Centre. Apartments a bit tired and no outside windows.
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
eric
"For Price conscious"
Great location. Comfortable to reach major attraction by foot. The apartment is cramp . The toilet is not neat.
4 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
Sivakumar
"Cheap and cheerful"
The room was a little dark, overlooking the inside of the building. Fantastic location and friendly staff, would stay again. Great for a short city break
3 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"fantastic apparment!"
The location is great! close to everything, Alvaro, the receptionist, very friendly! everything was very clean, really nice decoration, we received towels, shampoo and all the stuff as in a hotel, the kitchen was fully equipped. Great Deal!!!
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Nati and Pedro
SG
"Very convenient location"
Very convenient location. Can be tricky if you have a car. Beware that there are many flights of stairs with no lift.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Great accommodation"
Great location and very friendly staff. Quick response when I emailed to change dates at short notice and very accommodating with this. Easy to find with directions given by staff. Clean room, very comfortable bed and they arranged airport transfers for us.
2 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2014
Jodi
"Just fair - but good location"
Arenal is in a great position and is relatively cheap - but our room was on the fourth floor (no lift) and very small - women's shower (shared) not working. But bed comfortable.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Ian
"Right in the centre of all the attractions."
beware of women selling flowers. They are pick-pocketers. Just walk away.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014