All hotels in Madrid, Spain
Calle Arenal 10, Madrid, Madrid, 28013, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

Dirty
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Rent a room/shared bath"
Not what I expected, it was a tiny room with a tiny shared bathroom with paper thin walls. The room was on the 4th floor, no lift so 89 stairs up and down with heavy suitcases. The bedding was a worn white but clean. I recommend that the management use a fitted bottom sheet as the flat sheet does not stay in place. On the plus side, the mattress and pillows were so soft and wonderful after a day of walking and stairs! The location in the center was perfect!! The management should place community paper towels and soap in the bathrooms, every time you used it, you needed to bring soap and the bath towel to wash your hands. The walls in the room were scuffed and it needed to be repainted. Can't blame the renters as the room was so small it was hard not to hit the walls with luggage. It would have been nice to have a coffee maker in the room, they did have a microwave in the hall, lucky for me, I had tea bags. You get what you pay for, the room was not great. Positives are: Quality mattress and pillows Location, location, location! Perfect!! Affordable for the center Pleasant staff and accommodating Staff offered a free portable wifi unit to travel with. Great idea, we were able to use google maps to maneuver and find points of interest. They do need to replace and refresh the linens, the bedding was a dull white and the towels were dull and worn.
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Want a peaceful and quiet night? Stay away from Avenida Arenal"
Not sure where to start but I will start by saying that this place should be called a hostel and not an apartment. It seems like the place is ran by college kids and that is who they cater to. The building has no elevators do imagine hearing people hauling up luggage up the stairs in the middle of the night. Since it was a long trip, my friend used the washing machine and it broke down, literally locked and we couldn't open he door. Service guy showed up until the next morning and only got the door to open. He was not able to fix the washing machine. Lastly, the noise level was awful Thursday thru Saturday night. There are no bars near the hotel but it's a busy walkway that ends at Plaza Del Sol. The bedroom windows face the street so it was a little too much. We managed to stay all 4 nights but I would honestly not recommend this place.
4 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2015
Hugo
"Central Madrid - great location for hotel"
Great location. Comfortable clean room. Hallways could use a fresh coat of paint. Overall though a great place.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Kimberley
Small but clean apartment in excellent location. A bit noisy during the night which you would expect at this central location. It did not bother us too much. The apartment is located in a pedestrian zone, hence taxis are not allowed to the building. But you can drive to the front office for check-in which is only about 200m away from the apartment. From there you carry your luggage. As with most old inner city buildings this one does not have a lift, so it is best to travel light. A supermarket is just around the corner in the ground floor of a large department store. The metro is only 2 min away at Sol. In fact everything you would want to see in Madrid is in walking distance
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Small but clean close to the main shops."
The hotel was close to the Puerto del sol. to all the shops in the Main Street it was nice overall but no elevator for the luggage. This hostal have several rooms.But the room that I was staying in the shower was too small.
Other trip May 31, 2015
jf
"Perfect location"
Excellent service, everything was perfect and the best part was the perfect location in the middle of everything.
2 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Miguel
"Keep searching"
I had two children (one who is not walking yet at 14 months) and they placed me on the fourth floor! I asked to be moved and was treated very poorly by staff. All staff working looked all up 16 years old and had no understanding of customer service. The best part of the visit was the location
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Youssef
"Bad apartment in good location."
The apartment is in a great location but it also faces the street and is extremely noisy at night. The checkin was not at the location of the apartment and required us to tote our bags down the street to another office to checkin before dragging them back to the apartment. Upon waking up the next morning my wife and I found several small bugs in and around the bed. Not sure what kind but they were small and red. We would not recomend staying here.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Gregory
"BED BUGS!!!"
Our family experience: Starting, Rooms have BED BUGS! Unfortunately, not clean at all. You can find human hair everywhere. During our stay, last Christmas, we were bitten by bed bugs. It wasn't easy to convince hotel staff to change our apartment. They MADE us to MOVE to other apartments 4 times in 5 days. We had to carry our own suitcases most of the time in buildings with no elevator. It was my mother's birthday, and the vacation was supposed to be a birthday gift for her. We could not plan anything because we had to pack and unpack our suitcases each time we moved. Had to cancel our daily trip to Toledo. Horrible experiences and unpleasant memories. Overall, I am very unsatisfied and unhappy with the Apartments Arenal.
Anita
Great location. Right in the centre of the city. Very good and helpful staff. Price is for the location. The cheaper rooms are super small with shared bathrooms. Very very basic. Paper thin walls , can even hear a pin drop. People shouting all night
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
RAHUL
"BED BUGS!!!!"
"Madrid"
Check in hard as the check-in office is a couple blocks away. The notice of where to check-in was not obvious and hard to find. Hotel Security is poor as at night can get in with a key and no one on the premises. Room was comfortable but the heater didn't work, but there was a back-up unit.
2 night trip Feb 18, 2015
"BED BUGS!!!!!"
Rooms have BED BUGS! Not clean at all. You can find hairs everywhere. On our stay in last Christmas, we got bite by bed bugs. It wasn't easy to convince hotel stuff to change our apartment. They made us to move to other apartments 4 times in 5 days. We had to carry our own suitcases most of the time in buildings with no elevator. It was my mother's birthday, and the vacation was supposed to be a birthday gift for her. We could not plan anything because we had to pack and unpack our suitcases each time we moved. Had to cancel our daily trip to Toledo. Horrible experiences and memories. I am very unsatisfied and angry at the Apartments Arenal and the company, HotelsCom.
"Bed Bugs"
I book my hotels at Hotels.com. So I did for my Madrid vacation. It was supposed to be a special vacation since I haven't seen my mother for years and it was also her birthday. However, it became a nightmare rather than a vacation. First night, we discovered the apartment had bed bugs all over! They bite my mom's arms and legs -such a nice birthday gift! After long flight, our first night became a sleepless night. When we requested a new apartment, they claimed they could clean the bugs in a day! Yeah right! You can't get rid of bed bug over night. Finally, they decided to provide us another apartment with one condition; we had to pack our stuff and moved to different apartment everyday for our 5-day-stay. Some days, we were alone to carry our luggages in buildings with no elevator. Everyday, we had to wait for other apartment be ready to move in. It was impossible to plan anything ahead. We wasted so much time, we even canceled our trip to Toledo. Apartments weren't clean. Hairs were everywhere in bathrooms. Towels and bed sheets smelled. One apartment had problem with toilet. And they sent a guy with no tools. Eventually, he came up with an idea to use the broom to open the toilet clog. When he finished, he left the broom in the apartment -I wonder if they still use it to clean. I am very disappointed in Apartments Arenal and in Hotels.com for working with and recommending Apartments Arenal to users. On my next trip, I'll consider other website options before I book.
"Winter in Madrid."
Amazing stay in Madrid in the middle of everything! Staff was very helpful, and the room was very clean. The bathroom is a little small, and the no elevator situation can make it tough on some since the stairs are a bit steep. Overall it was great.
3 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
Christian
"Great Price, Great Location, Great Everything"
Hello, I recently stayed here in November 2014. I had booked a shared room and was conveniently greeted to an upgrade of a private room with a private bathroom, I was shocked and very grateful. The aparta-hotel type facility is located about a 5 minute walk to puerta del sol and is located near many bars and restaurants and also nice tourist spots like plaza mayor, mercado de san miguel, palacio real and sightseeing bus stops. What I really liked about this hotel (and I am very picky) is that the staff is very accessible and the room came with a separate living room and kitchen facilities, very clean also! I am very thankful for their service and already booked my second stay, happy to see you soon!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Gabriella
"Bad stay, no elavator, noisy inside the building"
Teenagers are too loud after midnight playing on the halls of the building and no front desk to complain. No elevator, our room was on the 4th floor and had to go upstairs with luggage
2 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
agustin
"Bring your own tp"
Great location. Very nice size room but no maid service or refill on anything during stay. Would absolutely repeat again for a day. We stayed for 4 days. Run out of bath supplies. Had to buy tp among other things. Not designed for any prolonged stay.
3 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"First Eurotrip"
The apartment was well maintained, had a secret attic with two beds and A/C with plenty of room to sleep. Also perfectly located next to Plaza del Sol (main gathering spot for people) and in a safe neighborhood. Loved this place.
3 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Danny F.
"Street singers helped me sleep every night!"
I really enjoyed my stay in Madrid. The hostel was interesting. It was a 5 floor walk up. When I went out in the morning, I did not go back up the stairs until the evening. When in my room if I ran the air conditioning too long the circuit breaker would go off and they told me how to turn it back on. This happened on two nights of my 5 day stay. I discovered that if I opened the window at night, the breeze was cool enough that I did not need the air conditioner and I could hear the street singers. Since I love music the singers were nice to go to sleep to. The shower stalls in each of the two bathrooms were 2 feet square. This was fine, except when I dropped a bar of soap... :)
5 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Love2Travel
Internet connection was very poor. They need to fix this. Everything else was great
2 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2014
Lucas Harcia
"Location, location, location, don't go anywhere el"
Loved Madrid, loved the neighbourhood, loved the location. Although the hotel was more of a B&B, the hotel front desk guy was good. He walked over to our hotel and got us settled in, ordered us a cab to airport, so not bad, compared to other hotels we stayed at in Spain and Italy.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
Adele
"Visit to Madrid"
The location of the hotel office for check-in is not clear. We went to the address indicated in the Webpage but is not located there. We need to search around until find out the new location. This is not one site facility but a number of apartments spread around Puerta del Sol. Probably good for someone that will stay for a long time in Madrid, because of the location, but not recommended for a short time stay.
3 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
The property was difficult to find. No lifts. Old wooden stair with worn and irregular steps. Small waiting place in the reception. We traveled with our two small child and had to carry all the stuff (including the baby stroller) by the stairs up to the 5th floor. We had arrive late from a long car ride. We had paid in advance and due to a bank error we had to suffer a rude behavior of the receptionist.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
No lifts. Old wooden stair with worn and irregular steps. Small waiting place in the reception. We warn them that we were going to arrive late, out of the reception hour. They waited us. Nevertheless the room was not prepared: the baby cot we had asked in advance was not there.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Good location, NO ELEVATOR"
Getting to the fifth floor with all our luggage was a nightmare!!!
"Excellent location, excellent room"
Family of 5 (3 kids), we stayed two nights. The apartments are quite nice, and the room was large, clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 5th floor, so no issues with noise from the street. The best thing about the apartment is the location: it's absolutely in the middle of everything, walking distance to lots of food, shopping, and things to see. Overall I'd highly recommend this place.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
Tony D
"Great location and access"
This is a great hotel location right in the middle of the action, walking distance to the Palace, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Metro, etc... Walk-in distance to grocery store and one block from the best breakfast place you could ask for... Remember to ask for "Huevos Rotos with chocolate churros".... MMMM... Room was very comfortable, clean and has a great AC system... For us a family of 5 was great Front desk was very helpful specially the girl from Italy...she help us find everything we needed...
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Amaro Family
"Perfect!"
The location and the rooms are great! The rooms are almost like a simple hotel; we didn't mind the stairs, we love walking anyway. The staff was very nice. The only down side were the showers' sliding doors, in both men and women restrooms, they are broken, I am not sure if this was the only reason why the floor ended up filled with water, but no accidents luckily. We would definitely recommend this place. Excellent neighborhood, not for light sleepers though. Have fun!
3 night romance trip Jun 15, 2014
Priscila
"central location"
great location- you can walk everywhere, bathroom was super tiny- - shower stall was very dated- towels were old and gray. definitely not a luxury place to stay but perfect to catch a good nights sleep.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Found roaches, uncomfortable bed."
I was very unsatisfied with my stay. We were left with only one roll of toilet paper, one bar of soap, one days worth of shampoo&conditioner when my family and I stayed here for 4 nights. We found two roaches during our stay. Our beds were very uncomfortable which made it hard for us to fall asleep at night. The reception was helpful and location was great but we were unsatisfied with our room.
4 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
hello
"Close to everything!"
Excellent price for a bedroom with wifi and tv. I stayed two nights with no need of private bathroom and saw almost of the nice places over there in Madrid.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
herni
This hotel is walking distance to every attraction and shopping area. Tough to get up five levels to apt 5c. Kids loved beds in loft. Lobby is a block or two away in separate building. Waited a little while for somebody to show up and no one answered listed phone on door. As someone mentioned, bathroom has a permanent bad odor.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Rarecpa
The hotel was centrally located, walking distance to the Puerto del Sol Metro station, restaurants, shopping, and tourist sights. The hotel staff were courteous, friendly, and helpful. The biggest problem we had was the lack of elevator and going up and down to the 4th floor with our heavy luggage.
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
Ren
"Inexpensive Accommodations near Puerta del Sol"
Apartments Arenal is really about 40-45 guest rooms in three locations, two of which are a several block walk from the office. All are walk-ups - no elevator. Rates are extremely good when booked in advance for early June; they quickly become not quite as good if you wish to extend your stay toward the middle of June. Rooms are in older buildings but showers are good, bed was acceptable, decor is spartan/'minimalist. The location is great - heart of Madrid near Puerta del Sol. The management is friendly and helpful but sort of rag-tag. Room was not cleaned on 4th day (their policy-each four days) and when it was it was done poorly. On the other hand, they spontaneously loaned us an older computer to use during our stay. Inexpensive by Madrid standards which will remain its primary appeal.
4 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Roomy, in the middle of Madrid but noisy at night"
Yup, you're only steps away from the center of Madrid close to restaurants and attractions but it gets noisy at night - people screaming (probably drunk), metal clanging (chairs?) and back up horns of trucks (garbage trucks?). Get the higher floors to minimize the noise but I did not see any elevators around so you have to carry your luggage up. Its roomy though with 2 bedrooms and a queen size futon in the living room. Has a fully stocked kitchen. So this apartment is trade off between location and noise.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
R
There´s no elevator.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Good hotel, odd service."
Great hotel room, when we arrived the hotel upgraded us to a full apartment and the room was fantastic. He only issue was that it was on the top floor and the hotel used wifi repeater and after telling the staff twice the next day the wifi on he top floor was not working I finally reset the repeater myself and we had wifi the rest of the time. Outside of that it was great.
2 night trip with friends May 13, 2014
"Very loud!"
The place was great and everything worked, but the noise from the street kept us up all night. Another terrible thing was that there was no elevator, so carrying our heavy luggage four stories up was no fun...
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2014
MS
"Ok for a hostel, but bathroom smelled like a sewag"
The hostel was in the perfect location, close to the action (near restaurants and Plaza del Sol) and the metro. The room itself was fair/good. Pretty spacious for a hostel. The bathroom was fine too, but a day after we were there we noticed a smell coming from the bathroom. It smelled like raw sewage/port-a-potty. It was so horrendous that my boyfriend and I had to plan out the times when we were going to use it because it was so overpowering that I actually gagged. But the problem was, the office was only open during certain hours in the day and it was already after the time when we became aware of this.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
It is a good and cheap place to stay for a few days. On center of Madrid, near markets, next to metro, 5 minutes from royal palace and other touristic points. The problem is to sleep, so much noise from street and from other rooms.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Good hotel in excellent location"
We were looking an apartment for our family of five. This one met our expectations of budget and good location. From this point we could reach easily most of the touristic places, either by walking or through any of the metro stations nearby. The staff kept our luggage early in the morning until the time to check-in came. The office is located in a different building from where we stayed, but one person took us there; it was only 2 blocks away. There were some small supermarkets near the building where we could buy some stuff for breakfast. The building looked old from the outside, but the apartments were modern and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Jdmers64
"View to Puerta del Sol"
It was great. the location is 2 minutes from puerta del sol. the groceries store is 5 minutes away. shops and bars surround it. We watched The puerta del sol celebration for new years from our balcony. we were able to see the clock and hear the bells perfectly without having to leave the apartment. The apartments are really pretty. The only thing would be the fact that its a little noisy and that our sink got clogged every time we washed dishes.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2013
"Location great. Staff excellent"
Very pleased with location, accommodation and staff helpfulness. Strongly recommend hotel.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Recommended!"
The location is unbeatable, the prices are excellent, the rooms have everything you need and the service was very good. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. The apartment we had was in Bordadores street and had an elevator which was a great add-on.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Gabriel
"Exellent location and incredible price!!!"
The price for this hotel is unbeatable for its location, literally right next to the plaza and the train station. Some rooms even have kitchens that you can use to save you money. We did not used the kitchen because we love Spanish food, but somebody staying with kids could save a lot of money cooking in. The staff is multilingual, and very friendly. Highly recommended, I will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2013
Angel
Budget friendly! Walking distance to everything!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Great location, very noisy at night"
Great location but very noisy at night. The beds are next to windows that face the street and the nightlife noise kept us awake each night until past 0400 AM. The rooms are tiny but clean. Cheap furniture. Tiny bathroom. I would not book here again unless I planned on staying up late. The staff are friendly and professional. Wifi is spotty.
2 night trip May 28, 2013
Greg
"You get what you pay for"
Let me start by saying that apartments arenal was chosen by me and my girlfriends due to it being the most reasonable accommodation in the heart of old town Madrid. In that, I give it full points. A couple of reasons you may not want to stay there include that there are no elevators so if you are carrying heavy luggage, you need to lift it up yourself. Secondly, there was no daily room service so each day, I had to look out for the cleaning service at the hallway and ask for more toilet paper as we were 3 in a room.
3 night trip Apr 26, 2013