All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
88 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax, NS, B3S1A2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8

Spent 2 nights. Great service. We received 4 free drink coupons for the restaurant and 10% off the meal. One of the few places that do not charge for extra adults. Great when your kids are over 18. Clean large room! Jessica at the night desk was efficient and helpful, even great advice on movies. First night we had noisy neighbours but Jessica took care of it right away! Great place to stay: free parking, free breakfast, free DVDs, pool and sauna. We will be back.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"great location!!"
Hotel is clean, very friendly staff. Good prices. Great location for shopping.
"Many stores nearby and easy to access."
Quiet at night which is emphasized at check in. Hot breakfast is good and lots of variety.
Darlene
We were really impressed with size of the room due to our Dad having to use a wheelchair. We had no trouble manoeuvring him around the room. The breakfast was impressive as well. It was the perfect ending to our stay.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"Great hotel, would stay again"
My parents and I stayed in a lovely room with two queen beds. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. Breakfast was lovely and it was nice of the Duty Manager to pop around to tables to meet her guests. The only slightly negative thing was there was a loud banging noise at times throughout the night and we could not figure out what it was. It sounded a little like carpet being laid on a floor above us. I highly doubt this is a regular occurance though and we really should have called down to reception and they would have rectified. However, I was flat out due to a late arrival at the airport and my mom just didn't call down. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Fawn
"great place ... very friendly helpful staff!!"
would stay here again when I come to Halifax!!
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
N & B
"Perfect Stay"
What made this hotel stand out from other hotels was that everyone is actively and visibly engaged in providing us with the best experiences they can to make our stay enjoyable. We'll done!!
3 night family trip Sep 11, 2014
MJ
"Unbelieveable pleasant surprise!"
I dont often provide recommendations as they are often exagerated. The Comfort Hotel Bayers Lake is exceptional and I feel compelled to let people know. The staff, the cleanliness and the pleasant atmosphere make it feel more than just a hotel. If you are in or near Halifax, try them on and be pleasantly surprised!
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"convenient and value"
this hotel is close to bayers shopping area and only 10 minutes drive to downtown halifax. there is ample free parking. the staff are very warm and the ownwer/managers greats you each morning at the buffet breakfast(included).
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
zoe
"Excellent hotel..."
Stayed for 3 nights. Hotel staff very helpful and accommodating. It was a very pleasant surprise when we overslept and missed the breakfast buffet deadline at 10 am. by 15 min., we were still gladly served with all their normal excellent breakfast on the table. The manager made sure we had everything we need. Excellent customer service.. Good selections of DVD movies to play in the room was a nice touch.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Armando
"Amazing Hotel"
Hotel is located 10 minutes from Downtown Halifax and 30 Minutes from Peggy’s cove, it is right by the highway. We were traveling with small kids which were exited to swim in indoor heated pool. Checking took less than 5 minutes and everything was ready for us when we came in. Staff offered free DVD movie upon check-in. The room was very clean and beds were comfy, over all the hotel is in great shape and very clean. I would came back to this hotel next time. Free parking and free breakfast in the morning and Free Wi-Fi.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Marek
"Best Hotel Experience in Nova Scotia"
We arrived tired from camping to be welcomed by Jessica's warm and friendly front-desk service which was exemplary. Like the owner/manager, Jessica is engaging and helpful, and follows up with her customers to ensure that their needs are being met.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Clean & Friendly"
Stayed here for a family wedding just outside of Halifax. Conveniently located near highway exits, shopping, restaurants etc. plus a Tim Horton's across the paeking lot. Staff ver y friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean but was a little disappointed in housekeeping. Changed towels and took garbage but didn't leave new cups, glasses or refresh toiletries. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Trudy
"Superior quality"
We were extremely pleased with the superior quality of this hotel. Room well appointed and bed comfort top notch. Free DVD movie added a touch of extra effort to make the stay more pleasant. The pool as well as the included breakfast were great perks. The overall building is modern, clean and inviting.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Very nice hotel, we would definitely recommend it"
We stayed 2 nights, very friendly staff, very clean & comfortable
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Only complaint would be that there seemed to be alot of fruit flies in the room. Breakfast was great, kids enjoyed the pool and free movies.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Enjoyable stay!"
The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable! Really enjoyed having an in-room air conditioner. Was the perfect location for us as our tours took us to Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay, Lunenbourg and Dalhousie University - all very easy and quick to get to.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Read
"For a quiet relaxing two days"
We were very happy with the comfort of our room, cleanliness is very important to us and that was not an issue, great service with all staff - front desk, assistance for our tv service, hot breakfast buffet (gluten free food). Excellent in every way.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Madonn
"Awesome hotel, real close for shopping"
We use this hotel to stay in Halifax when we visit our son which goes to university, we also stay in there for the comfort, that's right, just the comfort. The breakfast there is perfect, I love it, I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and i have!!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
terry
"Standard, but nice!"
I would certainly go back. Though I usually try to stay downtown, this is still a nice area
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
wellfed
"close to Peggys Cove"
The staff were the friendliest and most helpful ever. large clean rooms and great restaurant attached. Breakfast fresh and hot.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Pam
"Great Value - Friendly Staff"
Great valve as a jumping off location for the Halifax area. Stay away from the attached restaurant, much better places to eat close by.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
D&K Cape Breton
The room was clean, and quiet. The breakfast the following morning was wonderful. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Hannah
"Fantastic!!"
Amazing service! Extremely clean beds and room, very comfortable beds! Great breakfast with a lot of variety and the pool was clean and my daughter and I loved it ! It's our new permanent hotel for every visit :)
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Shannon Milligan
"Nice hotel close to great shopping"
We were four woman on a shopping adventure. Hotel was close to shops. Enjoyed the room. Staff was helpful and friendly. Would book hotel again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Traveling through the east coast"
My husband and I are traveling throughout Nova Scotia and New Brunswick on our way to PEI. I pre-booked accomodation prior to leaving Ontario and utilized internet reviews and information to decide on the places we would stay. Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake exceeded our expectations. From our checkin with Ramona to our personal meeting with hotel manager Nimfa Bautista during our breakfast to ensure our stay was positive everything was excellent. We would not only recommend this excellent facility to friends and family we were sorry we didn't book for a longer stay. We will definitely make this a stop on our next trip through Nova Scotia.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"You can't get better than this!"
The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful and ready to go the extra mile to make our stay extra comfortable. Management were in the breakfast room each morning to chat with the guests and enquire about their stay. While not right in downtown Halifax, it was an easy drive on high speed highways to get into the downtown area. Lots of restaurants nearby including one attached to the hotel.. Pool was well maintained and comfortable temperature. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean.
4 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Valerie & John
"Very satisfied"
Our stay at Comfort Hotel was great. I would recommend this hotel to all. We had a car rental so it was easy to zip to downtown - didn't take long at all. The area itself does get busy with traffic on work days but it did not bother us at all. Shopping is nearby and restaurants (Timmy's a short walk away). Very convenient. It isn't quite sound-proof and I did let front desk know that I could hear kids above me "stomping" around. It stopped after a while, but sound does seem to carry regardless. But other than that it was a really nice hotel. The pool was good and the complimentary breakfast was a treat. I left my room one morning by noon and returned at 4:00 expecting it to be clean, but they did not come until 4:30. That seemed odd, but I just took the kids to the pool when she showed up so it wasn't a big deal. The hours for breakfast were 7am to 10am and I was only able to go once during my three day stay due to late nights. I think 11am might be a better time to offer breakfast to, if paying $140/night.
3 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. The price was reasonable. There is a nice restaurant bar next to the hotel.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Metin
"Hidden Treasure"
The hotel was minutes away from Halifax and seconds from Bayer's Lake for shopping, dining, and entertainment. This was our first time staying at the Comfort Hotel, and I was traveling with my daughter who is blind, and my mother-in-law. The room was affordable, and it was very large which was great for my daughter to independently get around in the room. The hotel was very clean, the staff more then helpful, and the Canadiana Restaurant was a hidden treasure for sure. We were given each a free drink, and a 10 percent off coupon for our meal, which was delicious. The breakfast was a free hot buffet, and you could even make homemade waffles!!! We were there for a hospital appointment at the QEII in Halifax and it took us at most 15 minutes to get there for my daughter's appointment. Just a wonderful experience, and we definitely will be staying there again! :o)
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Our stay"
Great experience overall. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Annie
My family extremely enjoyed our stay in this hotel, staff are helpful and breakfast selection is great, best one we've had so far.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Leonora
"great stay"
We had a great stay at the hotel. We really enjoyed the pool and the fantastick room. The room was big, comfortable, clean and welcoming. We have already recommended the hotel to others and will be returning soon.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Duncan
"Enjoyed my stay"
Staff very friendly and helpful,great room.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Allan
"Nailed it"
Great staff, comfy beds, loved the free blu ray rentals. Thanks for a great experience.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Johnny
"Good location for shopping"
Very happy with hotel.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Allan Mahoney
I had a wonderful experience. I will definitely stay there again if I get the good rates. Rooms had everything I needed and lots of room to move around. Breakfast was great as well and the location was excellent, very near the location I had to go to.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Vickie
Good location for big box shopping and movies and trade shows. Easy to get into city from hotel. Great staff. Very pleasant and accommodating. Better quality 'appliances' than usual...I.e. hair dryer, tv, fridge etc. Would definitely stay again
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
mags
"First class hotel with all the necessities."
Best hotel we have stayed at in the Halifax area (and beyond). Reasonably priced and the amenities were top notch. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless and spacious, high end furnishings and bedding. The breakfast was the best we have EVER had in a hotel! Real scrambled eggs, real sausage, pancakes, waffles, variety of cereals, juices, toast, bagels, fruit.. it was all there and INCLUDED in the price of the room. Would definitely stay again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel in the Halifax area.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Good But ...."
Its a nice hotel. Staff is nice, the food at Canadiana is Good. The room was clean and comfortable. Its just that you can hear neighbours and people staying upstairs. This is no joke but i can hear my neighbour snoring.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Excellent Customer Service"
Everyone who worked at the hotel was super helpful. We borrowed one of the movies they rent out for free one evening, and we thought it was missing one of the two DVDs. The receptionist at the desk told us that everything was on one disk, nod to try it out and call her back regardless if it worked or didn't work. She would send someone up if it didn't. Staff were very knowledgeable about the area and gave accurate directions. The staff in the breakfast area all greeted us when we came in for breakfast. My husband had trouble with the waffle maker, and in no time someone was helping us. The breakfast was delicious, with a variety of hot and cold food to choose from. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel, good value for the cost.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Jane
The staff at the hotel were quite marvellous. Easily accommodated my need for a late checkout without any fuss. The room was spacious and very well appointed.
1 night business trip May 4, 2014
"Awesome"
Perfection as always. Wonderful employees who go out of their way to make your stay perfect. Amazing breakfast as always, but wouldn't recomend the resturant attached. Staff was not very friendly & food was not good. Everything other than the resturant was perfect, I stay here everytime I go to Halifax.
2 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Brianna
"Great place to stay!"
We really enjoyed our stay. The owner took the time to introduce herself when we were checking in. The front desk staff were amazing. Very friendly atmosphere. Great room. Extremely clean. The pool and sauna were great. Fabulous hot breakfast! Close to the shopping. Plenty of parking. Will definitely stay here in the future.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Anne
"Close to the airport"
Ohhh my goodness,it was beautiful when I walked in the hotel and the room was huge and beautiful..I was saying that night that I will be back there at that hotel...loved it
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Shelley osbourne
"Very nice hotel"
Everything was great except for we had noisy neighbors but it was fixed by the wonderful staff
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Very nice would highly recommend this hotel. Has a very good continental breakfast and a good staff.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Good Hotel - close to shopping and Costco"
Very pleasant staff and there is a restuarant on site which delivers room service til 11pm. Great when you are tired from travelling all day.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
"Great service and an excellent place to stay!"
Had a wonderful stay, the service was amazing! Highly recommended. Thank you.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
Michele
"Great breakfast included in price of room!"
Great accomodations, close to restaurants, shopping and movies.....the complimentary breakfast is delicious!!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014