All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1225 First St NE, Washington, DC, 20002, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9477

"don't leave anything in ur car."
I was really disappointed because I had parked my car vallet and more than 300$ was missing from glove apartment
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
kamaljeet
"It's the staff that really makes this hotel shine"
We were in town for a baby shower and due to a sudden illness found ourselves in need of a hotel room. The Garden Hilton was clean and located central to our weekend festivities. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. Overall it was a great visit. We have family in DC and will definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Deborah
"Nice hotel but...."
There was no box spring on the bed and it made a noise every time you moved. Needless to say it didn't make for a very good night's sleep.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Excellent Value"
Room included Refrigerator, microwave, and K-cup coffee maker. Very clean and nice location
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Gregory
"Enjoyment"
I enjoyed the hospitality and it was the best hotel I've ever been to thus far
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Lamisha
really nice hotel. Easy check in and very spacious rooms
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great DC business experience"
Perfect for my budget business travel...close to train and inexpensive restaurants as well as great staff and amenities. I highly recommend the valet.
5 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Phillip
"Ms"
Our stay was good. My shower was only warm, but my husbands was nice and hot.
1 night family trip Jan 27, 2015
Catherine B
"Nice Hotel, close to all"
Hotel was clean, quiet, and staff was very courteous and respectful. Restaurant was pretty good.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Taina
"Great room and service"
The staff was friendly, the room was spacious and clean and modern, and the location was convenient (along with a nice grocery store and coffee next door.) The only disappointment was the hot tub. It wasn't hot or clean, and the jets were weak.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Good Location for our Purposes"
We picked this hotel because it was close to the school we were moving our son into. It served our needs for a one-night stay. The staff was exceptional. Everyone was friendly, professional and accommodating.
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2015
"very nice, will definitely comeback"
it was great! would definitely stay there again would recommend to everyone
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
The hotel's location was convenient to metro & other areas of DC. Overall good experience
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice hotel, great restaurant!"
The hotel has a very good restaurant. It offers a lot of creative dishes and a good variety to match anyone's tastes including gluten free and vegan dishes. This is a huge plus since all the dining establishments that are in walking distance are chains.
4 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"modern and clean, boring neighborhood"
clean modern hotel. nice staff. comfortable and clean room. area is completely bland, although a 10 minute walk to interesting downtown. the nieghborhood is completely sterile, modern. super-convenient that the grocery/supermarket is on the corner! yes they have a pool, but it is tiny! just a wading pool, basically.
2 night trip Jan 1, 2015
Howard
"Nice Convenient Hotel"
Overall Stay was very good, however, I would not book again though Hotels.com. Turns out that the Hilton's Bed & Breakfast room rate was a much better deal than what we received through Hotels.com
3 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Gregory
"just okay"
I got a room on top floor, really huge room with big bathroom. Room looks really nice. Shower has all different kind of holders, looked like it was designed to try different positions while showering. Price was ok, got room for 200/day on new years eve. Some things which i didn't like were: 1. Little far from downtown party area 2. Shower did not have a door so water kinda come out in other parts of bathroom. It just has a curtain, which looks cheap. 3. There was no soap in bathroom. I called and they brought it but that's a very basic thing. 4. There is not much of a lobby in the hotel.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
dharmesh
"Great customer service"
It' was fun overall
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Christie
"Good hotel no breakfast in Tarrif"
Good comfortable rooms, good staff, breakfast should be included in the tarrif
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Mayank
"Worst customer service"
Wifi was so slow that it didn't work. This was the only reason we chose this hotel and we weren't even able to connect. Rude check-in Rude valet Girl at check-in scowling and gave us the impression that we were inconveniencing her with our presence. Dressed unprofessionally. Ran into a front desk associate in the elevator on our second day. Tried to make pleasant conversation for the 30 second trip, but she seemed annoyed that we were talking to her and literally ran out in her dirty, beat up Ugg boots as soon as the doors opened. Basically...Terrible customer service from all staff. Noisy!!! Music from the club across the street thumping at 3am. Area didn't feel safe at all. I felt uncomfortable even handing my car keys over for valet. Valet is literally the only option though. Only private garages around the corner in the "murder-you-for-no-reason" areas. Public parking lots are not overnight. Tv- very basic cable, limited channels. The bathroom was just weird. The light switch was outside behind the door. Poor planning and very inconvenient Pillows were thin and lumpy. I would need 5 just to equal one normal pillow. Not enough blankets. Towels were nice Room was very large and clean. Would not stay here again.... Well, at least not until the area is cleaned up and they get new staff. But I would not recommend this hotel to a friend. I would actually tell them to stay anywhere but here.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"the best"
As always i enjoyed myself
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
Shawn
It was fine. Room a bit spartan. Staff very friendly.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Disappointed from the East Coast"
Overall it was good. Staffs were very helpful and nice. Hotel was clean - looks like newly renovated. The only problem is the wall is too thin. You can hear people conversing in the other room. Also the toiletries - toilet paper and tissue were very tough. Table napkin at MacDonald has a better texture than the toilet paper and tissue at the hotel.
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
"Front desk employees"
The front desk staff were rude, could not find the confirmed and paid for room each night it was a bad experience each time I returned to the hotel
"Genuine DC Capital experience!"
Where to start? This hotel offers refreshingly positive guest services with genuine warmth, style and fun. Right from the check in the HGI staff greeted us with smiles, information they ensured that as guests we were as comfortable as possible. The king evolution room was spotlessly clean and spacious, über comfortable bed, spectacular city view could see the White House at a distance. Loved the location, it's not right in downtown so you get the chance to see more of things and the metro is a breeze. Cute gym and mini pool, breakfast fast and efficient service again, great tidy laundry facility. But it's the staff who made our stay the best, thanks HGI DC Capitol from 2 happy Kiwis hope to return.
"Great place to stay!!"
Very comfortable and clean room, the restaurant was good and the free wi-fi was a definite plus for 3 night stay. The hotel was very convenient to the Metro. Also, a Starbucks and CVS and groceries very close by. The Keurig coffee maker in the room was great!! Staff were all very helpful and friendly. The price was also very good for the DC area. I would definitely stay here again!!
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Roberta
"Football Game"
Very clean room and great staff, located next to Harris Teeter,CVS,Pottbelly Subs. The only Complaint was parking $35 for Valet a little steep but got lucky and was able to park on street after 6.30pm for the night for free.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2014
Ray
"Overrall stay good"
The hotel was very nice and clean. It was in a great location and hotel staff was amazing and funny. The only problems i had was the location of the bathroom light swtich. It is on the outside of the bathroom behind the bathroom door. I spent 10 mins looking for it and almost wet my pants. The bed was hard but that was because comfort is controlled by a switch that i found out abouth at checkout. Also maintainance knocked on the room door very early wanting to change the lightbulbs.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2014
"Positive experience"
great
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Sandra
"Good hotel, not so good area"
Given the wrong room type, but we didn't stay in town long, so it didn't matter. The area isn't the best at night, but we didn't know during booking. Use valet parking, we didn't and were almost robbed one block away. Front desk staff was very helpful. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.
1 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2014
"convenient"
hotel staff very friendly and helpful-including valet service
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great location and a firm mattress!"
The hotel could not have been in a better location. Easy walk to the metro and nearby food venues, etc. My only complaint was with the room. We were in a handicapped room and the bathroom was locked upon arrival. The a/c vent is a bad location and does nothing but blow directly on the bed closest to the window. Not good for someone with severe allergies. The beds are also stiff as a board. They say the knob can be adjusted for softer mattress but even on the lowest setting, it made zero improvement. Hotel bar was nice and the breakfast buffet was a bit pricey.
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Crisp Hotel"
This hotel is a nice clean hotel that is close to the sites. The check in and check out are effortless.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2014
Amber
"Reason we booked there was location..."
Part of the planning committee for a community college program trip to Gallaudet University Homecoming 2014. School goes every two years. Sales and Marketing department unreachable to obtain a rate on a block of rooms, ended up booking and paying through Expedia... at more than twice the price originally quoted to us. This meant some eligible students were unable to take advantage of this immersion weekend. Concession made by director of Sales and Marketing (daily free breakfast), but EVERYONE had a comped breakfast! Housekeeping was horrendous, moving belongings, no cleaning the bathroom, leaving pillows piled up on a bedside chair. Front desk ignored requests for additional towels entirely and the "piece de resistance"... accepted payment from one of our group that somehow didn't realize the rooms were prepaid. Did the employee at the front desk pocket the money??? Would not book there again for the same college trip.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"DC 3 day stay"
Weekday prices are expensive.
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Location, location, location!"
This hotel was spotless. This hotel has the best location! 1long block to the metro....300 feet to bicycle rentals...a lovely stroll to the capitol building (we would stop half way at Union Station for coffee, then finish our journey. There is a wonderful grocery store Harris Teeter, that has the most amazing takeout options i have ever seen. Several nights we just ate their food instead of going out....it was that good. Speaking of dining, the in house restaurant knocked my socks off. The menu was interesting, the recipes innovative, the presentation and service top notch. This was a world class dining event. This was a great surprise. BAD stuff. I met with the manager to discuss my concerns. It is all rooted in the treatment or lack of service from his staff. I found the front desk to be disinterested, curt, and very unfriendly.The othe concern is the beds. They are the hardest beds i have ever slept in. Other reviewers has stated they are noisy...I was incredulous....but they are right....they squeak, moan, creak with every movement. I will stay again. There was so much good with this property, the shortcomings do not out weigh the good.
4 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
derik
"Hotel Close to my Interview"
I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US on 1225 First Street NE. The "Morning Staff" was so wonderful and hospitable that I didn't want to leave! I came to town from San Antonio, Texas for a job interview but the staff always gave encouraging words anytime they say me. On the day of the interview I received a "You Got This" as I was walking out the door. The interview went very well as the employer asked how soon can I move to DC. When I make the transition, this hotel will definitely be my home until I'm settled in.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Patrick
"We will stay there again!"
In every important way, this hotel was excellent. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The bed was comfortable. The location is perfect for us because we are visiting someone right across the street! Also, it is right down the block from a supermarket. The room includes a refrigerator and microwave and coffee maker, which are all very convenient to have! We had a couple of things that needed to be repaired. I would not say the room was in "disrepair" but rather that it was bad luck. They did the repairs quickly. Some things about the room layout are not the way I would prefer it. We kept getting in each other's way because sitting at the desk blocked part of the room. Also, the bathroom light switch is on the outside of the bathroom, and it is not even really close to the doorway. But overall, we had a very good stay and we are definitely planning to visit again.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
JLN
"The entire staff"
The entire staff at this hotel is the most friendly in my 30 years of traveling and staying at hotels. Would not stay at any other hotel in DC.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Rachel
"Nice place to stay"
I enjoyed staying at this hotel and would stay there again next time I am in Washington DC
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Phong
"Not the 1st NE I Rememeber, In a Good Way"
Good location. Close to metro and next to Harris Teeter. Can't beat it if you get a reasonable deal. And the staff are among the nicest people in DC, besides my friends of course.
3 night trip Oct 8, 2014
The hotel is very new and everything looks great. The free wifi and fridge and microwave is welcome. If you head west of the hotel after dark, be very careful; things get seedy very quickly.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Excellent location! The amenities, the indoor pool and hot tub, the gym, the laundry room were all located on the 3rd floor ..very good design. Harris Teeter Market and Pharmacy was larger than expected and right next door on the street level. Their prepared food bars were very good. The NoMa Metro station being close by, made commuting very easy. Great Hotel. Friendly staff made this stay a most memorable one
7 night trip Oct 4, 2014
D. Toguchi
comfortable and clean, near Metro station, staff very kind, all very recommendable.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
I enjoyed the hotel very much the only thing i could say that was negative was I asked for a wake up call that never came and we where a few hours late but other than that the hotel is superb;)
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
laura
"DC with family"
The hotel was great! We took the in-laws for their first ever trip to DC from KS. The hotel staff was very personable and courteous. Special thanks to the lounge staff for allowing us to watch the baseball game long after the bar had closed :) There is also a grocery store a couple of doors down in the event that you forgot anything.
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Jaime Johnson
Location was good room was large and bright. Definite good choice!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Bob S
"Great location - no recycling"
Only a little over a mile to the White House and monuments this hotel is great. We actually ran to WH and historic sites. Starbuck across the street and CVS and market right there as well. Some great restaurants in the area too within walking distance. My biggest concern was that several staff members told us the hotel did not recycle. What?! We had water bottles, paper coffee cups, etc that we saved to throw in a recycle bin. Sad that an organization this large does not contribute to saving the environment.
5 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Kathryn
This is an attractive, comfortable hotel close to transport and key landmarks in Washington DC. The facilities are excellent and staff cooperative and very pleasant. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"would of liked being closer to city"
had a good time a little pricey espicially parking had to take taxix alot overall was pleasant.
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2014