All hotels in Clearlake, California, United States of America
13885 Lakeshore Drive, Clearlake, CA, 95422, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice place"
the rooms were nice and simple. the staff were very nice and would help with whatever you needed. however because of the heat the algae bloom was in full swing and the beach and water was covered with mats of algae and the smell was pretty strong depending on the breeze. check the lake news for info about the conditions the algae bloom lasts about 6 -8 weeks. so just plan around that.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
michael
"Enjoyable..."
Relaxing; comfortable, clean and right on the Lake, with a pool as well. Would stay there again.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"Week end get away great for family's"
We had the best time and the staff was great I've been coming to clear lake since 1975 and this was by far the best place we've stayed in the past 20 years
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Gregory A
"Nice place, but NO phone or cell reception"
The cottage was beautiful! I loved being right by the lake. The thousands of mosquitoes made it challenging to spend much time by the lake. Housekeeping didn't come while I was there since they only clean every other day, but this wasn't a problem since it was just me. I came for some alone time, so I guess I shouldn't complain about no phone or cell reception but it would have been nice to have the option. Overall it was nice and I will come again.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2015
"Very nice, but a motel, not hotel"
Excellent accommodations, right by the water although most units not actually on the water. No restaurant: this is a motel, which we had not fully realized. Very comfortable, clean. Staff very friendly. Would stay again if in the area.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Gem getaway close to home!"
Excellent facilities, definitely stay again and recommend highly. Beautiful grounds! Very pet friendly, my little one love. It there. Very helpful innkeepers!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
loni
"Avoid cottage 11"
Nice cottages but #11 is right next to the road and there's annoying road noise.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Nice cabin!"
My friends and I had a great time our cabin had a full kitchen and we can see the lake from our windows. The staff was wonderful made you feel at home. The office had dvd player's and movies we brought to our rooms. We made breakfast and ate on the patio afterwards we rented a kayak.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Lynda
"What a treat!"
The staff at Clear Lake Cottages was fabulous - super friendly and helpful! While our cottage was somewhat small, it was meticulously clean and had all the amenities we could want. The grounds/pool/lakefront areas were well kept and easily accessible to guests. Very quaint, homey atmoshphere. We will definitely stay there again!
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
Jeff and Brenda
"Will stay here again"
Awesome place love that they are pet friendly
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"It was great!"
It's a nice and quite place. It was relaxing. Not much things to do around there so my husband and u just went fishing but the docks. But the service was excellent! They were very friendly and nice! Would def go back.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Nice quiet location on lake front"
All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our studio room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Grounds were well kept and it was peaceful sitting to enjoy the sunset. It was great with the lake season over so it was quiet while during our stay. Close to all supermarkets and food outlets.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Anne
"Clearlake Cottage"
I stayed one night. I found the cottage to be comfortable, clean, and modern. The grounds were very neat and sitting in the yard watching the lake was quite restful. My cottage was closest to the road, which meant I got some traffic noise, but it wasn't overwhelming. The staff, Nicky was her name, I believe, was more than helpful and quite nice. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"adorable cottages"
THE COTTAGES AND GROUNDS WERE BEAUTIFUL. THE ONLY NEGATIVE I HAVE TO SAY IS TGST THE PILLOWS WERE OLD AND DIDNT HAVE SUPPORT.WE EOULD DEFINITELY STAY AGAIN BUT I WOULD BRING MY OWN PILLOW.THE POOL WAS BEAUTIFUL AND CLEAN.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Nice place. Would stay again. Person that checked us in was both pleasant and efficient.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Clean, pleasant gem"
Nice place adjacent to Clear Lake. Exceptionally friendly staff. Cottages seemed almost new. Pool was clean (up to 8' deep, so be careful of little ones). Due to drought, lake levels made boat ramp/marina unusable, but the staff warned us of this beforehand. Wifi was actually fast (most hotel wifi is slow).Town of Clearlake has probably seen better days, so don't expect a lot nearby (one restaurant seemed okay, but we didn't have time to visit). Would definitely stay again when we return to Lake County.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Kana
"Great place for an annual get-away."
I was delighted with my stay at Clear Lake Cottages. The staff was friendly. The cottage was well-appointed, clean and comfortable. The grounds were well maintained. The pool and deck were clean. The deck furniture was in good condition. I had been expecting the cottages to be on a bluff with a view of the lake but was pleased to discover that the cottages were right at lake level. My stay was during the week and the lake was totally peaceful; I can't testify to how it would be on weekends. Had I stayed longer I would have rented a kayak.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Brenda
"Awesome / a Dimond"
We stay here for 3 nights in Cottage nr. 18. This little place is a real dimond! You can stay here also for a week and get relaxed back!!!
3 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Fribi
"Very very animal friendly"
very pleasant personal --convenient and easy access to picnic and boat areas-- great sunset and lake views
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Best place to stay in Clearlake"
Driving around the Clearlake, this place is by far the nicest around.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Josef
"Soiled comforter"
Soiled comforter
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Clear Lake Cottages & Marina"
The Clear Lake Marina cottages are located in a beautiful spot right on the edge of Clear Lake. Although the town itself is pretty shabby and run down the cottages are nice and well appointed. Our only problem is that we didn't have hot water on the first day of our stay and the dishwasher inside the cottage did not work. Also, they only have housekeeping services every other day and so the rooms can get a little messy or dirty if there are 3-4 people staying. It would be nice to have daily housekeeping service especially for the price that you pay. The cottage was priced at $200/night in the off-season so it isn't exactly cheap. The drive around the Lake from the South to the North along Hwy 20 is very nice. There are some scenic vistas along the way although the towns along the way looked pretty poor and undeveloped. It was hard to find a decent restaurant. The staff at the cottages were nice and friendly. They let us borrow a DVD player since we had a couple of DVDs that we had brought to watch over the weekend. It is a quiet and peaceful location, good for fishing but not much else.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
AC
"Very clean and modern for the small town of Clear"
Very comfortable and surprisingly modern for Clear Lake business trip.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
"Cottage by the lake"
Location is not the best. Good for families with children, not for couples.
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2013
Boris
"Right on the Lake"
We really enjoyed our stay just wish we had another day to enjoy the lake. Thre are some great boutique wineries in Lake County worth checking out.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Judy & Tim
Quiet relaxing location right on Lake Clear, spotlessly clean cottage, comfy bed and very friendly staff. Cathy the manager was exceptional and provided us with plates, cutlery and glasses so we could BBQ instead of eating out. We had a great time and highly recommend it toanyone looking for a quiet getaway.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Toby
"tranquil"
wonderful
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"A great place to stay : )"
We had such a wonderful time, planning to go back in 2 weeks !
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"tight boat launch ramp."
we'll go back in spite of the boat launch ramp.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Great!"
Very friendly front desk girl, very helpful too. The most upscale facility in the entire town (granted there's not much to the town...) The only thing is that the hotel is in the location where it smells kind of funky because of the algae, but that's not the hotel it's the town, so other parts of the town is even worse. But once you're in the hotel room you don't smell it at all. Other than that the room was great and they even had a cute little hotel goose walking around.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2012
"Lakeside cottages"
The only issue with the hotel was that the rooms are cleaned only every other day for guests staying more than one day. This is unusual and given the price, not very satisfactory. The other problem was with the lake, not the hotel. There was no possibility of swimming due to an infestation of green, foul-smelling algae, which seemed to be along most of the lake coastline. The cause is probably fertilizer in agricultural run-off. This infestation would not encourage us to make a return visit to Clear Lake.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2012
Ian

"Do not take no 11"
We spent one night at this place. We staid in cottage 11. Did not get a lot of sleep, because it is next to the street. We had the feeling that the cars would be driving through our room.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Beatrice
CH
"Beste Lage, guter Comfort"
Sehr schön direkt an See gelegene Bungalows. Klimaanlage ziemlich laut.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
CH
"Sehr laut, da an stark befahrener Strasse"
Cottage war eigentlich sehr gut. Doch die Nummer 21 war direkt an der Strasse, deshalb war es sehr laut.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
Alena
"Perfect"
Very friendly staff and very nice cottages. Can only recommend.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
william
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013
CAM
"Quiet Comfort Right On The Lake"
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2012
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
Sven

TripAdvisor reviews for Clear Lake Cottages & Marina

"Nice lakeside property"
06/20/15 nilotpalr San Francisco, California
Used groupon for clear lake cottages and marina. I was lucky to get the best cottage in the property (No. 27: Queen Studio Cottage). Room was great, clean, trendy decor, comfortable bed with a private deck built over the water. Kitchen was fully equipped. Management was very helpful. They also provided us 2 hours free kayak rental. However, the town is extremely rundown ghetto. So, you are pretty much stuck inside the property. Swimming is not allowed. Therefore, apart from the kayaking, we could not do much! If you are looking for a lazy weekend, this is the perfect place for you. But, if you are looking for activities, you might get disappointed.
"Best of the ghetto that is Clearlake"
06/14/15 mattpequegnat Los Gatos, California
Best of the ghetto that is Clearlake, while that may seem harsh, this town is a dog, old dirty and rundown. Boarded up windows on main street and gang members in the water front park. And most of the hotels in Clearlake fit right in. The Clear Lake Cottages & Marina is at least newer, and clean looking (the floor in our room could have used a moping sometime in the last month). Thankfully the air conditioning worked well as it was a hot 102* and it kept the room cool. They have a pool that overlooks the lake with nice views, but if you can stay in the town of Lakeport on the other side of the lake, it is significantly nicer in every way.
"Very Comfortable cottage on the lake"
06/14/15 Josuccess Eugene, Oregon
I am so happy that I found the clear Lake Cottages & Marina. It make my trip so special. The staff were so helpful. The cottage was very comfortable with a sweet porch to sit on. The grounds were wonderful too. I enjoyed being right on the lake. Their swimming pool was a great addition. I was there for three days and enjoyed the pool each day. I slept well in their very comfortable bed.. It is my understanding that the new owners bought the resort a couple of years ago and refurbished it completely. They did an awesome job.. My sister who lives in the area visited me every day and got to enjoy it with me
"Not bad"
06/12/15 R B Loreto, Mexico
Pleasant cottage on the lake. Clean. Straightforward . If in the area, would come back again. Stayed here on the way to Napa Valley where the lodging rates are a tad higher. There are several decent restaurant s nearby.
"Great place to stay on Clearlake!"
05/25/15 Lydia V Santa Rosa, California
We stayed here for a long weekend when my husband had a fishing club tournament. We had a room that opened out onto a lawn area and the lake. It was a spacious room with comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We plan to stay there again in July for another club tourney.
"Refreshing visit, lovely surprise"
05/13/15 bnoehr Los Gatos, California
My daughter surprised me with a Mother's Day trip to a place I'd never been, Clearlake. She had researched to find a place that was pet friendly and she exceeded any expectation I had! This resort is clean, attractive and well appointed. The office staff were welcoming and personable. The room was attractive, clean, well appointed and very comfortable. The grounds were well maintained and inviting. We enjoyed a kayak ride but returned early because the waves were rough and we had our small terrier with us for his first water sport. All the recommendations made by the staff were excellent and we left happy and refreshed. We have no reservations about considering a return and would recommend this resort for anyone needing a quiet getaway in a lovely lakeside setting.
"Some good things, some odd things..."
03/31/15 X Y San Jose, California
On the plus side, the cottage we stayed in was spacious with a nice, large "kitchen" area. I'm using quote marks because...there was no sink! If you needed water for coffee or to rinse a dish or get a glass of water you had to use the bathroom sink. Ewwww! Other odd things were...no kleenex in the room, 1/4 roll of toilet paper and one completely empty roll (which made me wonder how thoroughly the bathroom had been cleaned?? And yes, we had to request more by Day 2), a tiny, narrow bathroom shelf that wasn't large enough to unpack your toiletries (and a tankless toilet, so you couldn't use the top of the tank since there wasn't one) and housekeeping only on alternate days. So if you were staying for more than one day (which we were), you had to REQUEST housekeeping if you wanted vacuuming (definitely needed as there is beachfront, and who isn't going to track in some sand?), dry towels, your bed made for you (hey...you're on vacation and paying $143/night for the cottage...of course you want someone to make your bed!). Strangest of all was that loose coffee was stored in little jars. Which meant the guests before and after you would be dipping into that same coffee. Very unsanitary and grossed us out. Guessing the Health Dept. would take a dim view of this! There’s also a fair bit of road noise that even closed windows couldn’t completely mask. On the plus side, there IS beachfront property, the grounds are immaculate, the place is fresh/clean, light and bright, most porches have lake views, large common grassy area for volleyball or lounging around. Oh…if you make a reservation and then later change or cancel it there is a $40.00 charge. REALLY?? Maybe instead of charging guests this ridiculous fee they should have a website where folks can make and cancel reservations without charging them. Would I stay there again? Not sure…some of the weird stuff was pretty odd and I’m not sure if the good things make up for the weirdness.
"Friendly place with a gorgeous view of the lake"
03/12/15 Charles M United States
Pretty view over the lake. Nicki was super, super friendly and super dog friendly. We stayed in cottage 20 which is large, has a great view of the lake, and an enclosed deck which is great for a dog or a kid. As others have noted, the town of Clearlake has seen better days.
"Excellent view and great stay""
02/23/15 AHGG Boston, Massachusetts
The whole establishment was clean and welcoming. Room was nice and large with the little kitchenette area if we needed to heat up food. We enjoyed how close it was to walk to restaurants yet quiet with beautiful views of the water. Very relaxing!
"Wonderful cabin right on the water"
09/20/14 SanFranciscoBonnie San Francisco
We just got back from a one night stay at Clear Lake Cottages & Marina (we would have like to stay longer but had time restraints). I booked it over the phone and the woman answering the phone was very cheerful and helpful. She assured me that we would be happy with our accommodations and they had the best facilities at Clear Lake. They have various size cabins most with views of the lake. She warned me because of the drought, there were no boat docks on the pier because of the low water level. She also told us we could fish off their pier and we didn't need a license since it was private property. The cabin (#27) was very large with kitchen and full view of the lake. Our family of 4 enjoyed the very clean room and even caught two fish right away. We would love to return when we have more time.