All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Great pool
    Regular internet service
"Great boutique hotel in good location"
The hotel was in a great location with easy access to tram, bus, and walking. Museums close by and all kinds of food and drinks within walking distance. On quiet street. Thomas was the greatest help from early checkin and luggage storage to directions and info about transportation to airport as well as dinner recommendations. He was very pleasant and always eager to answer all the questions we had! He even helped with our room safe when we couldn't get it opened! Because of Thomas I would definetly stay here again and recommend it to anyone!
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Mmr
"great museum area location on quiet side street"
Thought the hotel was a great find! Staff was very accommodating, the rooms had comfy beds and linens, large bathrooms, and the honor system for beverages and snacks in the lobby area, was a convenient service. If I were to find a fault, the room lighting especially around the sink/mirrors was a little too dimly lit. Loved the upbeat chic décor throughout the hotel. Best location for viewing the Reiks and VanGogh Museums.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Connie
"A first class hotel"
We had a wonderful time; staff very helpful and the room with jacuzzi was a welcomed delight! We were walking distance to the Museums and to the canal boat excursions. We will definitely come back when we visit Amsterdam.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Dale Garell
"Great customer service"
I loved everything about this hotel. The location is great, close to the main museums, night life, park and shopping. The room is big enough for Europe with plenty of storage space. Nespresso machine and tea kettle, safe, everything you need for comfortable stay. Another important aspect for me that hotel is green and uses all natural bedding - mattress, blankets, pillows. That brand coco mat is mostly known in Europe, but opened some stores in US. Down blankets and pillows - you can exchange your pillow for any other pilow based on your preference. Hotel is recently renovated, clean and contemporary. Customer service is outstanding. I greatly enjoyed my stay and planning to come back with my daughter this year.
2 night trip May 26, 2014
Yana
"Close to several museums"
Unfortunately, we only spent one night as a stopover to catch a plane the next morning, so we did not have time to check out the neighborhood more closely, but we do know the Van Gogh Museum and other museums were within very close walking distance, plus the tram was also very close. Had a nice dinner there and lovely breakfast. We would recommend this place to anyone visiting Amsterdam. It was quiet and the AC worked well.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Claudia
"Nice hotel, but loud"
This is a very nice hotel, but not worth the price if your room is in the basement. The hotel is well located and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful. However, we ended up on floor -1 — right next to the elevator, stairs and bathrooms. And it was loud. Not only could we hear everyone in the hallway, we could hear the people in the room on the other side of the elevator while in our room with both doors shut. Also, the (nice) bathroom felt like a cave. If our stay had been longer than two nights I probably would have said something (I did at check out and the man seemed to know about the noise problem downstairs). At this price point I expected better — and quiet! I would stay here again only if I could guarantee a room on a higher floor.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"4 star hotel with 5 star service"
Staff does everything to help make stay perfect. I left reading glasses and immediately received email with offer to mail them to me. That spadix not have feather pillow so they bought me one.
4 night trip May 1, 2014
"Excellent boutique hotel in perfect location"
This is a great little hotel in a perfect location to explore the wonders of Amsterdam. Situated on a quiet street right between the high-fashion strip and the museum campus, but also with easy access to Leidseplein and other central sites by foot, tram, or bicycle. Also close to the Vondelpark, Concertbegouw, and lovely residential neighborhoods to escape the tourist fray. Our "executive" room was not large, but well appointed and comfortable. Consider upgrading to one with a balcony if you can. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Comfortable public area with well-stocked honor bar. We were very happy with this hotel.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Great hotel, great staff and great position"
A small modern hotel right next to the main museum area. As expected the room was small, basically a bedroom with a bar fridge with a separate bathroom (toilet, rain shower and water-jet bath plus a waterproof TV). We were on the 4th floor away from the street. Room and linen was clean and modern with flat screen TV and DVD player. I believe you can get DVD's from the reception although we didn't bother. Free WIFI throughout the hotel. The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The only issue we had was the bathroom had a drain smell when we arrived but after reporting it, it was sorted out. We asked for a late checkout and they were happy to accommodate this. Check out is 12pm and we checked out just after 1pm. The price was a little more than other hotels we found on Expedia but well worth it. We would certain stay here again.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Wayne
This hotel was very nice. It appeared to be recently renovated and very clean. The location is ideal in the museum district. Also, they have bikes for rent on the property.
2 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"excellent hotel"
The street the hotel is located, gives a taste of the beauty of Amsterdam. Close to all the museums. Hotel itself is nice and warm. Staff very polite and efficient. Do not choose a room in the basement (-1), which has no windows, and it's very unpleasant.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Great hotel in great location!"
This is an excellent hotel located in a fantastic, quiet location close to the great museums (Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum, etc.) and in a beautiful residential area of Amsterdam. If you are looking to stay away from the bustle of the major commercial areas (but within a nice walking distance), then this is a fantastic place to go. The hotel is very quiet, very nicely appointed and elegant but in a very subdued and understated way. The staff are very professional, and the overall experience was very sophisticated but not pretentious. We upgraded to a nicer room facing the courtyard for a small fee and were very happy as it was totally quiet.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
Pauly
"Lovely hotel in convenient, quiet location"
I found this hotel in a quieter part of the city just right for my 3-night visit to Amsterdam. It was perfectly located for our visits to the Concertgebouw and the Rijksmuseum, but still not a far walk to busier parts of town. My room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, especially with helping us make dinner reservations over the holidays.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Comfortable stay"
Comfortable hotel room, not huge but also not small like some Amsterdam hotel rooms. Modern decor. Mattress was comfortable. The location is ideal, near museums and city centre (easy 10-15 mins walking distance) but in a quiet neighborhood away from the noise. There was an error on hotels.com, saying a jetted tub came with the comfort room when they are only with executive rooms. However, management upgraded me to executive room anyway and the jetted tub was great! Overall, a recommended hotel.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2013
PM
"Perfect for hotel for your Amsterdam adventure"
This is by far my favorite hotel that I have stayed in. The staff is incredible, the food is good, and the rooms are comfortable and high end. I arrived ill after a very long flight and they helped me to quickly check in and got my bags upstairs. Their great service made all the difference in the world. The location on a quiet street is great and is just a few blocks from the Rijksmuseum with Leidseplein a bit further ahead and Vondelpark close as well. You can walk to the center but the tram is also right by the museum. It’s a great part of down to walk through in search of that perfect café!
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"Perfect location"
The staff was wonderful helping us get around the city and find the sites we wanted to visit. One even helped get online and purchase tickets for Anne Frank's house so we wouldn't have to wait in line. They are close to the trams and several museums. We found a wonderful bakery for breakfast (the one at the hotel was expensive), a café, an ATM, and a grocery store near the hotel. We highly recommend this hotel.
4 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Cyn
"Stylish and Comfortable"
Truly perfect location for the major museums, concert hall and fashionable shopping. Contemporary but comfortable, quiet surroundings, and friendly superior service at check- in . somewhat expensive for the size, and breakfast is not included( hint to management: it should be) but a jewel of a boutique experience I would gladly repeat. I would gladly repeat
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
Joel
"Wonderful hotel. Wonderful location."
We were staying only 1 night in Amsterdam. This hotel is so close the the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum. We flew in to Schipol and rented a car. We were at the hotel in 15 minutes. We were able to park on the street for free (on Sunday). The staff was great, the room quiet and well appointed. They just added free wifi! Would definitely return if in Amsterdam again.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
ajk
"GReat Location"
Our stay was great! The personnel were very helpful re directions and restaurants. Hotel is about 1 block away from Van Gogh Museum and about 2 from the Rikmuseum, Great hotel, great neighborhood.
4 night trip Aug 12, 2013
"Hard To Beat for Business or Leisure"
A wonderfully quiet hotel with a friendly staff and just 3 minutes walk to the major museums. I would avoid staying on the ground floor (those rooms are adjacent to the elevators), and rooms facing the rear garden are particularly quiet. Rooms have plenty of closet and shelf space, Nespresso coffee maker, and excellent lighting. Internet speed was fine.
6 night trip Jul 24, 2013
David M.
Great except stains on carpet in room
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2013
"Greg location"
The hotel was located in a quaint neighborhood, great location ....close to downtown Amsterdam and public transportation. Staff was very friendly. Hotel very modern and comfortable,
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
Deb
"Boutique hotel for couples"
Boutique hotel was recently and tastefully updated with modern décor but, as with most European accommodations, it lacked adequate storage space and amenities for hanging clothes and supplies. The bathroom, for example, had its sink and washing supplies outside of the toilet and its shower/tub had no shelves or hangers for towels and soaps. The staff were very professional and readily responded to any request, but we questioned why we had to provide them with feedback about the need for basic necessities and daily cleaning requirements (ie. tissue and toilet paper replacements, bedding sheet change during week-long stay, vacuuming, provision of clean cup and coffee supplies). The hotel was ideally situated in a neighborhood within walking distance to the high-end shopping district of Amsterdam and blocks away from its premier museums and sites. Morning strolls to take in the local flavor and architecture are a must and the nearby Vondelpark provides a little greenery and peace from the city traffic. If the sound of playing (and screaming) young children from 10A-1P isn't what you'd expect from the bay window of your boutique hotel, consider its "sister" hotel that is tucked away a bit further within the residential area.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great boutique hotel in quiet neghborhood"
Very good location in a quiet neighborhood within a block of Van Gogh museum and park.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2016
"beautiful boutique hotel"
upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by lovely reception staff, who once we were checked in then spent 10 minutes with a map of Amsterdam and began to help us plan our evening :-) When we came back to the hotel after a night out we then sat and chilled in the beautiful reception area with a glass of wine from the honesty bar before we headed up for bed. We also ate at the hotel evening meal and breakfast this was also really nice
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2016
emma
"A lovely quiet hotel"
Lovely hotel with friendly staff, a little further out from the main centre but not too far to walk and right on the doorstep of the rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum. Great for a quiet stay outside of the noisy centre. Breakfast is lovely too though slightly pricey.
3 night romance trip Feb 27, 2016
"Comfortable and stylish hotel. Loved the location."
Comfortable and enjoyable stay at the hotel. Being 6 months pregnant it can be hard to get comfy but I was please y surprised and had 3 good nights of sleep. Quiet part of town but a quick walk to all the sights and city centre. Very helpful staff. Would highly recommend and definitely would stay here again. Great find!
3 night romance trip Feb 21, 2016
Alice
"mid-week break"
My husband and I stayed for four nights in January. The only thing we didn't like about the hotel was the mattress which we both found very uncomfortable.
Response by Hotel JL No76
Dear Mr/Ms, Thank you very much for your kind words and thank you very much for choosing Hotel JLno76 as your preffered place to stay for this visit! I am proud to learn you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and that we were able to be part of this Kind regards, Team Hotel JL 76
4 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
Not Provided
"New Year in Amsterdam"
Had a lovely break at New Year in Amsterdam. The hotel is in a fantastic location with lots of excellent restaurants to choose from within easy walking distance. Very handily placed for the museums and Vondel Park.
Response by Hotel JL No76
Dear Ms Anne, Thank you very much for your kind words and thank you very much for choosing Hotel JLno76 as your preffered place to stay for this visit! I am proud to learn you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and that we were able to be part of this Kind regards, Team Hotel JL 76
4 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Anne
"Lovely hotel and lovely people!!!"
A wonderful stay with the ever helpful front desk. Easy directions to the hotel from the tram stop. Also upgraded my room with a nominal fee!! Would visit again!! 2min from the museum, and high end brands right in the adjacent street!
Response by Hotel JL No76
Dear Mr/Ms Suresh, Thank you very much for your kind words and thank you very much for choosing Hotel JLno76 as your preffered place to stay for this visit! I am proud to learn you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and that we were able to be part of this Kind regards, Team Hotel JL 76
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2015
SURESH
IN
"Great place to stay on a budget!"
Me and my girlfriend stayed in Amsterdam for 3 nights recently and Hotel JL No76 really made the trip for us! I booked it as a surprise trip for her birthday but knowing Christmas was around the corner, I shopped for hotels on a budget! This hotel proved excellent in regards of value for money. Jacuzzi bath, TV and comfy beds, all for €60 or less a night.. Even in the run up to Christmas! The staff provided a map at check in which was great and we used a lot! The honesty bar seemed a nice idea, although I can't say we used it the whole stay as we tended to be out quite a lot! Location is good if you have a tram ticket - it is easy enough to find on one of the main tram routes. We also walked a couple of times and it was manageable. We also got a taxi back to the airport which came to €22 and only took 15 minutes - a good price and time in terms of airport transfers I thought! The only thing I would add is that if you ask for a King bed (we upgraded our room) you will be given two single beds pushed together which proved to be a little uncomfortable if you tend to sleep in the centre of the bed...! We are planning to come back to Amsterdam in the new year and we will definitely be staying here! I thoroughly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Dec 23, 2015
I had a very good and comfortable but short stay at JL 73.
1 night trip Dec 16, 2015
Kari
"Amsterdam Hotel"
We didn't actually stay at the JL Hotel. We were upgraded to a sister hotel the Hotel Vondel and were given an apartment. The rooms were excellent and spacious with great facilities. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Dec 17, 2015
Tony
"Perfect location for shopping and attractions."
This little boutique hotel was a perfect choice so comfortable and I'm a fab location, the staff were very friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend staying here.
Other trip Dec 17, 2015
sarah
"Nice hotel, close to the museums"
My son and I stayed here for a weekend. I had asked for a twin room, and emailed them to confirm that this was possible. Howrever, the beds in the 'twin' room had to be pushed apart, the space between them was just over a foot. I would say that the room would be fine for a couple, but describing it as a twin is stretching things... The room was fairly small, and there was no where to hang our wet jackets (the rain was awful). We had to turn the heating off as it was too warm to sleep in, but that was maybe just us. Saying that the hotel was very clean and the staff were very welcoming. I liked having to use an electronic key to enter the hotel. I can't comment on the food as we didn't breakfast here - it was cheaper to eat out, and there are lots of lovely places to try nearby
Other trip Dec 9, 2015
Scots Lass
"I'd stay here again..."
This hotel was lovely and the staff were terrific. The room was a good size and was comfortable. The bathroom was a decent size as well with a deep bath and separate shower. The room and hotel in general were clean, attractive and in good condition. The staff were cheerful, pleasant and attentive. The location of the hotel is terrific, it's literally one road off the main museum square and an easy walk into the centre of Amsterdam. The neighbourhood itself is very pleasant and quiet. We found a lovely bakery around the corner, where the chocolate almond croissants were delicious and they did savoury rolls (lots of different types of bread, all lovely, so we would have a coffee and croissant and then grab some rolls to take with us for lunch! Parking is expensive outside the hotel, but I emailed in advance and the hotel advised me that the Olympic stadium car park was a short tram ride away. That cost me 10 Euros for three days! My first question to myself having stayed somewhere is "Would I stay here again?" With this hotel, it's a definite "Yes!"
3 night romance trip Nov 30, 2015
Aidan
"Happy"
Amazing place anazing service
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
Markus
"average"
room very uncomfortable, very small room and shower. Nothing special. Location of the Hotel is the best
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Veronica
"Location, Location, Location"
The best location in amsterdam, Quiet peaceful but close enough to walk anywhere. Great value for money
3 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"Not what we expected"
Disappointed in quality of facility in relation to online reviews.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
"Yes - Highly Recommended!"
We upgraded, for just a little more, and overlooked the sunny tree-lined street. Excellent position for those world-class museums; a 20 minute brisk walk to the centre of the Old Town; excellent advice regarding restaurants; charming and helpful staff; close to the spacious Vondel Park. My wife and I intend to visit again.
3 night romance trip Oct 26, 2015
Alan
"Great hotel n the museum district"
I really liked this hotel, normally in Amsterdam I stay more centrally but. Really liked this location. It was close to the museums and in a quite area. There isn't a big restaurant selection in the immediate vacinity but there is a bigger choice a short walk or taxi ride away. The hotel doesn't have a gym but it is very close to Vondelpark if you want to run. I would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
"Perfect boutique hotel in a great location near museum and shopping"
Great little boutique hotel in museumsplein and the shopping district! You will love the hotel. It's cute and well decorated and in a perfect location!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2015
Lynn
SG
"Ideal hotel for a city break"
The staff are very helpful and it is in an ideal location for visiting the museums and the centre of town. It is very easy to get there from the airport so ideal for a few days away. The hotel is in safe area. I would definitely recommend it and hope to return again myself as we still have plenty to see and do.
3 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2015
"Wow, awesome hotel with awesome staff."
Character hotel located in central Amsterdam. Great location and comfortable roomy rooms.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
"Great hotel."
Great staff. Very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The room was basic but very comfortable and in a nice area close to museums and only a 20 minute walk from the centre.
4 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
"Excellent hotel in great area."
From check in to leaving, this hotel was superb with friendly staff who were only to pleased to help/advise & assist in making the stay & visiting Amsterdam a great time. The desk can book tickets to most things & provide bus/tram passes etc. It is a great size hotel; just enough rooms on each of the 4 floors to make it seem cosy & like staying in a large house but with excellent luxury furnishing in rooms that make it a luxury time!
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Julian
"Weekend mother-daughter"
Great location. A quiet oasis away from night life but close enough to enjoy it all. Next to trams. 5 mins to bus 197 to/from schipol. Great staff. Very comfy beds. Would stay again.
3 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Suzanne
"JL No 76"
Excellent location in the Museum district - lots of handy food and drink places nearby - we were in the sub-ground floor executive room - perfect for us. Very attentive staff, overall very good - can't rate the food side as we ate out for all our meals.
3 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Adrian
"JL No 76 - the place to stay in Amsterdam"
We had a fabulous stay with very comfortable surroundings and obliging staff. Our only criticism was with the tea and coffee making facilities in our room. The milk was powdered and rendered both tea and coffee unpleasant tasting when added and our cups weren't replaced with clean each day and nor were the supplies topped up. An oversight, I'm sure.
3 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015