All hotels in Cayucos, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here501 S Ocean Ave, Cayucos, CA, 93430, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nothing like the beach:)"
I have stayed there numerous times. A 1/2 block to beach which is great.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Adequate"
Adequate
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Keeps clean up work done."
Nice location and look at first glance. But, I was right across from the housekeeping laundry room and there where carts full of dirty linens in hallway. Not only that but left over remodeling materials where stack in walkway. If that was cleaned up, it would better Otherwise, buffet breakfast was fresh and tasty, plenty of coffee, juice and drinks available. enjoy my stay.
3 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"happily surprised"
some of the misleading reviews i'd read almost had me changing my reservation. Glad I didn't. The location was great. The Inn is well maintained inside and outside. Loved the fireplace. The in room fridge is much larger than most hotel mini fridges. the kitchen set-up was more than adequate. Everything was was clean and in good working order. Maid service every day. We stayed for seven nights and will certainly return.
7 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
william
"Not so good"
Room was not ready at posted check in time. When we got in, a hour later, the sofa bed mattress was on top of the folded up sofa. Motel personnel said the bed is broke and I told the maid to take the mattress out. Since I was concerned about sitting on a broken sofa I ask if they had another room. They gave us 1 of the two room with absolutely no view. It was tucked in a corner by the service laundry. The toilet in this room leaked and had to keep a towel on the floor. Needless to say will not stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
karen M
"OK - old fashioned, falling apart."
This is an OK place to stay in Cayucos...but not one of our favorites. One bonus of this hotel is the separate breakfast room (which is good if you have kids.) The rooms are very old fashioned and look and feel as if they've been thrown together from a garage sale (i.e. both of the random pictures on the walls in our room were cracked.) On the first day I noticed that we were about to run out of tissues in our room as there were only two in the tissue box - on the second day I realized that they actually only leave you two tissues per day incase you use too many. This kind of stuff really bothers me.
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"stay away and only book through the hotel."
The first room we got put in the king size be was bowed in the middle and the fireplace didn't work. We asked to move the 2nd room was better but there was a gas leak and smelled really bad. Before we switched for the 3rd time I tried to get a refund but was told because I booked through hotels.com I couldn't get a refund. Needless to say I won't be booking online anymore. I was told if I booked through the hotel I could have got a refund. So the 3rd room was OK everything worked but we had to settle for a queen bed instead of a king. I won't return to this hotel.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
mike
"A very nice place for a good price."
I really enjoyed the stay there. It was a great room in very good and clean condition. My only complaint was the poor Wi-Fi service. I spoke to the attendant there and she told me that they have been having a problem with it and the repair man had not been there yet. Just poor timing for me. It was not a huge deal, but kept them from getting a five rating overall. One comment, most hotels have a list or booklet in the room with local restaurants and attractions, I looked but did not find anything, so I ended up traveling a little to have dinner at a place I was familiar with rather than try some place new.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2015
"Awesome, quaint hotel in a great town."
This was a great, inexpensive choice while traveling North up the CA-1. The check-in receptionist was a bit cold and non responsive. But when we checked out the woman was kind, I'm sure she was just having a bad day. The beds are HUGE amazing CA king mattresses, we slept like little angels. The water pressure was quite phenomenal in the shower. The amenities and room size were absolutely perfect for two people. Great hotel for the price, perfectly placed on the South end of Cayucos which is the perfect town to traipse around, antique and grab a coffee or cocktail :D
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
Cara
"reasonable and easy"
easy and no hassles. Great little place for a good deal in a great stretch of the coastline.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
"Valentine's Weekend Getaway"
We stayed at the Beachwalker during the Presidents/Valentines day weekend. We made the reservations last minute and were able to get a room. The hotel is Pet friendly which was perfect. It's within 6 miles of downtown Morro Bay and had everything we needed for our two night stay. The room was very clean and had a kitchen. Thank you for the hospitality.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice place, but hard to rest on a windy night."
I can echo other reviewers. Positives were nice big rooms, coffee in room, shampoo, conditioner, soap bars provided. My ceiling fan worked, rooms can be warm at night because there is a gas fireplace with the pilot permanently on, so the flue cannot be closed. Wind can howl through Cayucos at night, reminding me of Santa Ana Winds. The wind comes down the flue. Can't put pillows against it, maybe bring a piece of plywood. Don't know the probability of a windy night, but I had one. Others in adjacent rooms could not sleep. Lots of stirring. Pillows seemed okay, not too high, but I brought my own. Shower pressure good at 5 am. Didn't stay for breakfast. Nice place, but get it on a calm night.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2015
"Our Experience"
We had a late night check in. The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was ok. Over all was a good stay.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Larry & Vera
"I would stay again"
I only stayed one night but enjoyed the lovely fireplace. The location was near food, stores and the beach. The continental breakfast was great. The room was big too. Good price, I would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Emilia
"Not up-to-date accommodations or web page info :-("
Noisy room and HOT, though I requested quiet room before arrival and it was acknowledged at check-in desk. Howling wind throughout the night, with noise reverberating through chimney, old-fashioned wall heater, and through both windows and under doorway. Couldn't get the temperature in the room to lower under 70 degrees, and it was too hot in the room all night. Before arrival, I tried to contact the hotel to state that I'd arrive around 6pm. The Expedia confirmation said that the hotel check-in started at 2pm and, if you expect late arrival, to notify the hotel. On the confirmation from Expedia, Expedia's tel no. for the hotel did not work - the number had been disconnected. The hotel web page had an 800 number and an e-mail address. I tried communicating using both methods and got nowhere! No one answers the phone and the e-mail is ignored.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Need a room for two nights at the Morro Bay Bird Festival. It was clean and very quiet for sleeping.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Great Value!"
Great room with kitchenette, fireplace, 2 TV's. Value was unmatched for the price...
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
james
"clean and confortable"
I was a little scared after reading the past reviews, but I found Beachwalker Inn clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"run down property"
Did not have my reservation pulled from expedia, property rundown, toilet wobbled, TV not working, spare blanket shredded. Was clean. Oh yes we woke up and checked out to no power.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
sharon
"good price for location"
just stayed overnight. Breakfast was ok, nothing fresh, all prepackaged but clean. Beds are survivable but would not like if was staying for more than a day.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
seth
"A nice hotel at a bargain price."
We needed a place close to friends and close to activities we planned. The Beach Walker worked perfectly for what we needed. The price was fair and the service good. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"great place overall..."
Great place in walking distance to everything, loved the family suite w private bedroom and the kitchenette. Only problem is the beds are very uncomfortable. . Need new mattresses then we'd be much happier. But overall good bang for your buck.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Christine
"Good Location"
Nice people but the room was shabby, very dark, dirty windows, broken light fixtures, and sad furniture. It's in a good central location across the street from the beach and it's pet friendly. It also had good water pressure in shower and a small kitchenette if needed.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Decent, affordable, good location"
Easy check in. First room offered differed from reservation details. Second room offered had requested bed configuration. One of two card keys to room failed to open door. Manager reprogrammed it, and then okay. First impression of room was acceptable, but appeared dated and in need of a make-over. TV did not work. Could not connect to wireless with my phone. Wireless access indicated "open" when we first checked in. Later in the evening, it indicated "locked" and required a password that I did not have. Toilet whistled while refilling. Pipes rattled when others used water. There were tables and chairs on the deck outside our 2nd floor room, and late in the night I was awakened by a snorer who appeared to be a homeless person. He camped there the rest of the night, either snoring loudly, talking to himself, or banging something on the table when he was awake. At 3:00am, I just closed the window to reduce the noise, and decided not to contact the hotel desk at that hour.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
HLB
Pleasant room close to ocean and an easy walk to town.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Beach hotel"
Better than I expected. Definitely recommend it.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
Nicole
"Beach Hotel with all that"
Nice location 1 block from the beach. easy walk, no major streets in Cayucos. close to many things. Hotel room was clean, free wi-fi, breakfast provided, with gas fireplace that turns on with the flip of a switch. Owners are nice and go out of there way to help. A slightly older property but well maintained. Great place to get away and be at a small beach. I enjoy Cayucos and Morro Bay and this is my preferred place to stay. good price, nice amenities, clean room.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Not staying again"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for our anniversary, and had some people who were talking outside our window the majority of the night. We called the service desk four times, and they did nothing. The bedding an towels were dirty, and disgusting. Never staying there again.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
This hotel was very clean, service was friendly but it could use some minor maintenance: ceiling fan didn't work, phone didn't work, shower went from hot to cold while showering, etc. and the "continental breakfast" could use a boost! Not one healthy thing to eat! Instant oatmeal, frosted flakes & plain white bagels are not exactly a balanced start to the day....but it's free so you can't complain much. Overall it was good for the price and the location is great; right by the beach! If you're a fam on a budget like us, it did the job.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2014
Christy
"Pass on by this one."
Flue (Room has a gas fireplace) rattled all night, coupled with a so-so bed meant no sleep. breakfast was minimal.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
Overall it's 3stars. I got two queens TV and Internet and breakfast. I was passing by this city booked the same day and it was cheapest in town. I left the inn at 5:30am so I dont know about the breakfast but few things I noticed the wall paint in the restroom was peeling, upstair walking noise is audible, and carpet is dirty but you won't know until you walk barefoot you have to wash again. other than those you can sleep fine. This ain't my home and I am only staying for 8hrs to wash and sleep. Good enough for the price.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For"
Overall it was 'ok'. The pillows were not comfortable at all (usually we bring our own but forgot). Mattress not comfortable, shower head just had a small amount of water that comes out, difficult to shower. The 'Deluxe' Continental breakfast was pretty much a joke. But for what you pay and so close to the beach, it's not bad, as long as you know what you're getting into. The staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean though and that's usually what's most important. If I couldn't find anything else at the good rate, I may go back, but w/my own pillows for sure.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Quaint little beach town!"
Adore the town of Cayucos! On the beach but close enough to Paso Robles to not make the drive an issue. Eat at Skipper's for breakfast! Can't wait to go back!!
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Lacey
"o.k."
television not placed to my comfort from laying in bed. bath tub drainage is plug (i almost sure of hair in the pipe) recommend cleaning
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Convenient hotel"
We found this hotel to be very comfortable. The room was spacious and nice features, including a microwave, refrigerator, extra towels and pillows, comfortable overstuffed chairs, lots of lighting, and a fireplace. We enjoyed the view of the ocean, and the peace and quiet. The continental breakfast was fine, as well as the coffee and decaf available in our room. We will return here the next time we come to Cayucos. We found the owner Jay very friendly with a pleasant sense of humor.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
Charming place, Not a 5 star motel, room needed maintenance, wall paper peeling, some stains on carpet, no sound deadening in walls , However, room was clean, all amenities worked. Good service, Continental breakfast was limited but good. Location is within walking distance of Ocean and town center.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Good Value"
Very clean and comfortable room. Great location walking distance to restrauant and beach.
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2013
"Nice location"
Friendly staff, very helpful , room was nice, bed was hard though
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"nice hotel a minute walk from the beach"
had a fire place in the room but there was no switch to turn it on
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Very over priced"
Was very disappointed. The walls are paper thin so you hear everything going on in other rooms. The place was dirty and the desk clerk was dirty and disheveled.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Okay for a young family."
The hotel was okay if you were a young family. Very good front desk service and nice continental breakfast. The furniture was a bit outdated and some of the lighting needed repair.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2013
Vasquez
"Could be better"
Room was clean and the bed comfortable. Great location near the beach. However, there was no refrigerator as advertised, the fire place didn't work, and the front window would not lock. Nice comfortable chairs but no table. The 1 inch long chain on the ceiling fan discouraged its use.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
We stayed here last year and enjoyed our stay. We booked a room this year but were very disappointed. We used our cell phone to call the front desk to get the Internet password and reported that both phones in the room worked-they hung up on us after giving us the password. We had a kitchenette, but no dish towels or soap to wash the dishes. On the second day, they left us with coffee but no cups to drink the coffee. The laundromat next door is owned by the people who own the hotel. The laundry dispenser got stuck and the washer I put my clothes in, was broken. They pointed out to me the ones that worked and the ones that were broken. Unfortunately, there weren't any "out of order" signs on any of the broken machines. There was no one on site to help and I had to walk over to the hotel twice to get assistance. We won't stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
Pam
Only complaint is waiting for desk clerk to arrive back at desk to check. The wait was 20-30 minutes.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2013
J. K.
"Too little for too much...."
Not so great....room was too small. We had an infant and could have used a small couch in the room. Way too pricey. The continental breakfast was not good at all...very limited. Would not stay here again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Shorty
"Wins the ugliest wallpaper award!!!!"
We did make our reservation last minute on a holiday weekend so the room was overpriced. The mattress was extremely uncomfortable.....we would have slept better on a camping mattress. This room had the ugliest decor I have ever seen and the room smelled musty. The only saving grace was that the hotel was only two short blocks to the beach.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Disappointed but refreshed anyway"
The hotel was okay; the amenities lacked any kind of spark. The continental breakfast was week with cold cereal, plain bagels, muffins, and a pastry thing that was obviously from Smart and Final. We had two shopping carts parked in the hall outside our room, one newer one from Vons and one that was so old and beat up it was not identifiable. I looked around for the homeless folks who were lucky enough to score a room for the night. Key learning for myself is not to select a hotel that is pet friendly; it’s not the dogs, it’s the owners who can’t or won’t control them.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Cheap hotel so I got what I expected."
Not clean at all. Noisy. Used wash cloth in room when I arrived. Kinda gross
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Just ok"
The bed was hard, but ok. The room was very clean. We couldn't get the fireplace to work. We stayed a Saturday and Sunday night. On Sunday night, the neighbors to the north of us had a party until 2am and we could not sleep. It was very noisy and disturbing. We were in room 203, which was at the end of the north side. Another problem was right outside our door was the water heater (or broiler room), and we could hear that going off all night. We would not stay here again, or recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Gomez Family
"Clean and comfortable"
Location was great for my needs. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rates were a little high but not outrageous. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there in the future and would recommend it to my friends.
2 night trip May 31, 2013