All hotels in Cayucos, California, United States of America
501 S Ocean Ave, Cayucos, CA, 93430, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Needs some improvements."
The hotel room was very clean and there was a nice paint job in the room. There were some drawbacks--not enough lighting to read by in bed, no towel rack in the shower area, a broken fan chain so the fan could not be used, and the bed was not very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and check in was easy. With a few upgrades, this hotel could be very nice.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Needs some TLC front desk wasnt very friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
tom
"4th of July on the beach"
It was the best 4th of July ever. The managers were very nice and helpful in every way. The room was great and we can't wait till next year. We will be back.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Much improved but not ideal"
We went for the Fourth of July weekend so we paid a premium for the family suite room, but there were no other rooms available in Cayucos. The hotel was recently refurbished so many of the previous negative reviews are now largely invalid. The complimentary continental breakfast was better than expected with a selection of juices, cereals, beverages, and breads. The location was excellent for viewing the holiday parade. The areas for improvement would be to add fans to the rooms since there doesn't seem to be a way to cool the rooms. Having all of the windows open does provide some relief but when the guests are smoking on the balcony or walkway, the smoke blows into the rooms. Perhaps the Beachwalker could consider making the property non-smoking.
4 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Beach Trip"
loved it
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Debbie
"Steer clear of possible."
Rooms were just ok very old couple of light switches and bulbs didn't work. Floors/carpets were dirty had to make sure that my little ones walked around with shoes on. They had their shoes of for about 10min the first night and feet looked like that had walked all day with no shoes on. Breakfast bar was a few packets of oatmeal and some waffles, no fruit no toast nothing like that. It was a great location, walking distance too eateries and downtown/beach. Was just an ok experience tried to stay out of the room as much as possible.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Happy in spite of hair"
Easy, friendly reception upon arrival. Not quite enough parking to accommodate the number of guest rooms. Room we got was facing the parking lot - not an issue except heavy curtains had to remain closed due to no door on bathroom (sink area), blocking flow of fresh air. Everything appeared clean and tidy until we noticed a lot of hair remaining on the floor from previous guests. Ick. Ample soap/shampoo/conditioner provided; water pressure in shower perfect; towels perfect (I like them "crunchy"). Nice sized TV with channel guide and clean remote control. Close proximity to beach and (in our opinion) the best dining spot in town - Sea Shanty. All in all, we would return.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Mimi
"won't spend money there again."
less than expected in quality of room, aged plumbing, noisy couple fighting late at night in the room next door. not a good experience overall.
1 night trip May 16, 2015
Debra
"Nothing like the beach:)"
I have stayed there numerous times. A 1/2 block to beach which is great.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Adequate"
Adequate
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Keeps clean up work done."
Nice location and look at first glance. But, I was right across from the housekeeping laundry room and there where carts full of dirty linens in hallway. Not only that but left over remodeling materials where stack in walkway. If that was cleaned up, it would better Otherwise, buffet breakfast was fresh and tasty, plenty of coffee, juice and drinks available. enjoy my stay.
3 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
We spent 2 nights there. The room was very clean and comfortable. In fact we were so pleased with the room I talked to Jay Ranat at check out and will stay there again next year for our Lions Club District Convention. Also 3 other couples will stay there also
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"happily surprised"
some of the misleading reviews i'd read almost had me changing my reservation. Glad I didn't. The location was great. The Inn is well maintained inside and outside. Loved the fireplace. The in room fridge is much larger than most hotel mini fridges. the kitchen set-up was more than adequate. Everything was was clean and in good working order. Maid service every day. We stayed for seven nights and will certainly return.
7 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
william
I will never be returning to this hotel. Shower never got hot and the shower head absolutely sucked. The beds were very uncomfortable definitely needing a massage after staying here one night.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Not so good"
Room was not ready at posted check in time. When we got in, a hour later, the sofa bed mattress was on top of the folded up sofa. Motel personnel said the bed is broke and I told the maid to take the mattress out. Since I was concerned about sitting on a broken sofa I ask if they had another room. They gave us 1 of the two room with absolutely no view. It was tucked in a corner by the service laundry. The toilet in this room leaked and had to keep a towel on the floor. Needless to say will not stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
karen M
"OK - old fashioned, falling apart."
This is an OK place to stay in Cayucos...but not one of our favorites. One bonus of this hotel is the separate breakfast room (which is good if you have kids.) The rooms are very old fashioned and look and feel as if they've been thrown together from a garage sale (i.e. both of the random pictures on the walls in our room were cracked.) On the first day I noticed that we were about to run out of tissues in our room as there were only two in the tissue box - on the second day I realized that they actually only leave you two tissues per day incase you use too many. This kind of stuff really bothers me.
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"stay away and only book through the hotel."
The first room we got put in the king size be was bowed in the middle and the fireplace didn't work. We asked to move the 2nd room was better but there was a gas leak and smelled really bad. Before we switched for the 3rd time I tried to get a refund but was told because I booked through hotels.com I couldn't get a refund. Needless to say I won't be booking online anymore. I was told if I booked through the hotel I could have got a refund. So the 3rd room was OK everything worked but we had to settle for a queen bed instead of a king. I won't return to this hotel.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
mike
"A very nice place for a good price."
I really enjoyed the stay there. It was a great room in very good and clean condition. My only complaint was the poor Wi-Fi service. I spoke to the attendant there and she told me that they have been having a problem with it and the repair man had not been there yet. Just poor timing for me. It was not a huge deal, but kept them from getting a five rating overall. One comment, most hotels have a list or booklet in the room with local restaurants and attractions, I looked but did not find anything, so I ended up traveling a little to have dinner at a place I was familiar with rather than try some place new.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2015
"In between renovations"
They seem in the middle of renovations - our family suite had spray paint all over the appliances and counter - and there were about 10 sinks/countertops outside our door to install. Was disapointed no fruit was offered at the complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Awesome, quaint hotel in a great town."
This was a great, inexpensive choice while traveling North up the CA-1. The check-in receptionist was a bit cold and non responsive. But when we checked out the woman was kind, I'm sure she was just having a bad day. The beds are HUGE amazing CA king mattresses, we slept like little angels. The water pressure was quite phenomenal in the shower. The amenities and room size were absolutely perfect for two people. Great hotel for the price, perfectly placed on the South end of Cayucos which is the perfect town to traipse around, antique and grab a coffee or cocktail :D
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
Cara
"quiet and comfortable"
nice room, old but well kept, all the amenities needed. will stay there again
"Nice room"
My room had what appeared to be new bedding , furniture and carpet . Colorful painted walls ! Very clean and everything in good working order .
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"reasonable and easy"
easy and no hassles. Great little place for a good deal in a great stretch of the coastline.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
"Weekend away"
Overall experience good! I wanted to go along the coast last minute and found this place on Expedia. I liked that the price was not too expensive because it is near the ocean ( about 2 blocks away ). The ratings were fairly good and they serve continental breakfast too! My only complaint is that their policy is no smoking in the rooms, however they set up ash cans and chairs all along the hallways which invites smokers to sit right outside their room and puff away - they did!!The smoke ends up going right into your room if you open the door or want to keep the window open!! I think they need to have a designated area away from the rooms for smokers.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Trike83
"Disappointing!!!"
The whole experience was it very good. Tv cabinets broke, dark dirty carpet, bedding dark, way over priced. Only good think you could walk several blocks to the ocean.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
retired,
"Valentine's Weekend Getaway"
We stayed at the Beachwalker during the Presidents/Valentines day weekend. We made the reservations last minute and were able to get a room. The hotel is Pet friendly which was perfect. It's within 6 miles of downtown Morro Bay and had everything we needed for our two night stay. The room was very clean and had a kitchen. Thank you for the hospitality.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice place, but hard to rest on a windy night."
I can echo other reviewers. Positives were nice big rooms, coffee in room, shampoo, conditioner, soap bars provided. My ceiling fan worked, rooms can be warm at night because there is a gas fireplace with the pilot permanently on, so the flue cannot be closed. Wind can howl through Cayucos at night, reminding me of Santa Ana Winds. The wind comes down the flue. Can't put pillows against it, maybe bring a piece of plywood. Don't know the probability of a windy night, but I had one. Others in adjacent rooms could not sleep. Lots of stirring. Pillows seemed okay, not too high, but I brought my own. Shower pressure good at 5 am. Didn't stay for breakfast. Nice place, but get it on a calm night.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2015
"Our Experience"
We had a late night check in. The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was ok. Over all was a good stay.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Larry & Vera
"I would stay again"
I only stayed one night but enjoyed the lovely fireplace. The location was near food, stores and the beach. The continental breakfast was great. The room was big too. Good price, I would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Emilia
"Not up-to-date accommodations or web page info :-("
Noisy room and HOT, though I requested quiet room before arrival and it was acknowledged at check-in desk. Howling wind throughout the night, with noise reverberating through chimney, old-fashioned wall heater, and through both windows and under doorway. Couldn't get the temperature in the room to lower under 70 degrees, and it was too hot in the room all night. Before arrival, I tried to contact the hotel to state that I'd arrive around 6pm. The Expedia confirmation said that the hotel check-in started at 2pm and, if you expect late arrival, to notify the hotel. On the confirmation from Expedia, Expedia's tel no. for the hotel did not work - the number had been disconnected. The hotel web page had an 800 number and an e-mail address. I tried communicating using both methods and got nowhere! No one answers the phone and the e-mail is ignored.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Need a room for two nights at the Morro Bay Bird Festival. It was clean and very quiet for sleeping.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Great Value!"
Great room with kitchenette, fireplace, 2 TV's. Value was unmatched for the price...
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
james
"clean and confortable"
I was a little scared after reading the past reviews, but I found Beachwalker Inn clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"run down property"
Did not have my reservation pulled from expedia, property rundown, toilet wobbled, TV not working, spare blanket shredded. Was clean. Oh yes we woke up and checked out to no power.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
sharon
"good price for location"
just stayed overnight. Breakfast was ok, nothing fresh, all prepackaged but clean. Beds are survivable but would not like if was staying for more than a day.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
seth
"A nice hotel at a bargain price."
We needed a place close to friends and close to activities we planned. The Beach Walker worked perfectly for what we needed. The price was fair and the service good. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"great place overall..."
Great place in walking distance to everything, loved the family suite w private bedroom and the kitchenette. Only problem is the beds are very uncomfortable. . Need new mattresses then we'd be much happier. But overall good bang for your buck.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Christine
"Good Location"
Nice people but the room was shabby, very dark, dirty windows, broken light fixtures, and sad furniture. It's in a good central location across the street from the beach and it's pet friendly. It also had good water pressure in shower and a small kitchenette if needed.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Decent, affordable, good location"
Easy check in. First room offered differed from reservation details. Second room offered had requested bed configuration. One of two card keys to room failed to open door. Manager reprogrammed it, and then okay. First impression of room was acceptable, but appeared dated and in need of a make-over. TV did not work. Could not connect to wireless with my phone. Wireless access indicated "open" when we first checked in. Later in the evening, it indicated "locked" and required a password that I did not have. Toilet whistled while refilling. Pipes rattled when others used water. There were tables and chairs on the deck outside our 2nd floor room, and late in the night I was awakened by a snorer who appeared to be a homeless person. He camped there the rest of the night, either snoring loudly, talking to himself, or banging something on the table when he was awake. At 3:00am, I just closed the window to reduce the noise, and decided not to contact the hotel desk at that hour.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
HLB
Pleasant room close to ocean and an easy walk to town.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Beach hotel"
Better than I expected. Definitely recommend it.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
Nicole
"Beach Hotel with all that"
Nice location 1 block from the beach. easy walk, no major streets in Cayucos. close to many things. Hotel room was clean, free wi-fi, breakfast provided, with gas fireplace that turns on with the flip of a switch. Owners are nice and go out of there way to help. A slightly older property but well maintained. Great place to get away and be at a small beach. I enjoy Cayucos and Morro Bay and this is my preferred place to stay. good price, nice amenities, clean room.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Not staying again"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for our anniversary, and had some people who were talking outside our window the majority of the night. We called the service desk four times, and they did nothing. The bedding an towels were dirty, and disgusting. Never staying there again.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
This hotel was very clean, service was friendly but it could use some minor maintenance: ceiling fan didn't work, phone didn't work, shower went from hot to cold while showering, etc. and the "continental breakfast" could use a boost! Not one healthy thing to eat! Instant oatmeal, frosted flakes & plain white bagels are not exactly a balanced start to the day....but it's free so you can't complain much. Overall it was good for the price and the location is great; right by the beach! If you're a fam on a budget like us, it did the job.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2014
Christy
"Pass on by this one."
Flue (Room has a gas fireplace) rattled all night, coupled with a so-so bed meant no sleep. breakfast was minimal.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
Overall it's 3stars. I got two queens TV and Internet and breakfast. I was passing by this city booked the same day and it was cheapest in town. I left the inn at 5:30am so I dont know about the breakfast but few things I noticed the wall paint in the restroom was peeling, upstair walking noise is audible, and carpet is dirty but you won't know until you walk barefoot you have to wash again. other than those you can sleep fine. This ain't my home and I am only staying for 8hrs to wash and sleep. Good enough for the price.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For"
Overall it was 'ok'. The pillows were not comfortable at all (usually we bring our own but forgot). Mattress not comfortable, shower head just had a small amount of water that comes out, difficult to shower. The 'Deluxe' Continental breakfast was pretty much a joke. But for what you pay and so close to the beach, it's not bad, as long as you know what you're getting into. The staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean though and that's usually what's most important. If I couldn't find anything else at the good rate, I may go back, but w/my own pillows for sure.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Quaint little beach town!"
Adore the town of Cayucos! On the beach but close enough to Paso Robles to not make the drive an issue. Eat at Skipper's for breakfast! Can't wait to go back!!
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Lacey
"o.k."
television not placed to my comfort from laying in bed. bath tub drainage is plug (i almost sure of hair in the pipe) recommend cleaning
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Convenient hotel"
We found this hotel to be very comfortable. The room was spacious and nice features, including a microwave, refrigerator, extra towels and pillows, comfortable overstuffed chairs, lots of lighting, and a fireplace. We enjoyed the view of the ocean, and the peace and quiet. The continental breakfast was fine, as well as the coffee and decaf available in our room. We will return here the next time we come to Cayucos. We found the owner Jay very friendly with a pleasant sense of humor.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013