All hotels in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here56-60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England, L3 5SH, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"average"
booked a twin room, ended up with a double bed, not very clean
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Good atmosphere, great location, good value"
This is a good youth hostel. It has a nice, communal, warm, international feel when you enter. I love the dining room. I love the central location and the building itself. We had a private room, but it was still good value though the room was a bit chilly for me, many of the channels on the TV weren't working and the blind in the bathroom was broken. If you're a young person in a group or solo backpacker who wants a cheap clean room in a great location this is definitely perfect for you. Older people or families might find it noisy in the busier months but it was very quiet for us.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you very much for taking time to send us a review. We value your feedback and are really happy you enjoyed your stay here at Hatters Liverpool.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2013
Jen
"Better than a hostel in many ways"
I was surprised how new and clean the place was and how spacious my double bed room was. The location is good with Tesco and restaurants closeby, not to mention that it is not far from both the Lime St train station and Central station. The only thing I was unhappy was that the manager refused to switch on the central heating system even though the days I stayed was unusually cold with lots of rain. The reason given was that not many people stayed on the floor where double rooms are located. I could not sleep well. So I thought I would have been more comfy staying in dorm bed.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you very much for your review. We do apologise for not having the heating on. The system is on a timer and so it can often be difficult to turn it on and off intermittently. We would have been very happy to provide you with extra blankets and duvets. Our building is very old, and although that means it has great character, it does unfortunately mean it can get a little chilly on occasion. We really appreciate your feedback.
4 night trip Sep 9, 2013
simple person
"Definitely got our money's worth"
Knowing that this was not going to be a 5 star accommodation we really were not disappointed. One of the beds was a little substandard but on the whole we were very pleased. The breakfast was GREAT! Lots of choice of fruit, cereal and breads and juice. I would recommend this hostel even for seniors like us for a quick, economical and clean stay. Great bang for the buck!
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay here at Hatters Liverpool!
5 night trip Sep 8, 2013
Tricia
"Yolo"
The room was clean, but old. Bad maintaince, hard bed, paperwalls. Good service, location and a okey place to sleep for one night for youths.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback.
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
Magnus
"Great location, service and cleanliness were avera"
It's a great location for a cheap stay. However, housekeeping was far from desirable. Room and bathroom weren't clean properly. Staff members at reception were not very helpful as well.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
We are always proud of our staff so we are very sorry to hear that you didn't find them helpful. We take all of our feedback very seriously, and so we will definitely be looking into this further. Thank you for your review.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Sam
Good location,close to centre and train stations. We stayed in double room with bathroom. No blinds in windows,no toilet paper. It's good place for one night only.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
We are very sorry that you found our rooms to be inadequate. We will be looking into this as we take every care that our rooms are of the highest standard at all times. Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
Monika
"Everything was amazing"
I found better than most hotels I have stayed in!! It was so close to the city centre, a 24 hour tesco literally a 60 second walk away. It was just perfect. I was worried at first of it being too close to the city centre & the nightlife disrupting our sleep however this was not the case. Would highly recommend.
2 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013
Rhyanne20
"Terrible, will not stay again"
Room was clean and bright but that was about it. We requested for a quiet room after reading the reviews. However, on the first night we were awoken at midnight by screaming, shouting, drunk young adults stomping up and down the corridor. On the last night, a full coach-load of teenagers "tore the hostel down". How can a private room be situated next to a dormitory for 8? The walls were paper-thin and one could hear everything going on outside.
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2013
Jacqueline
"Not for the light sleeper"
I shared a room with 5 strangers who had several levels of cleanliness,ranging from dirty to not so clean.There was a constant stench of Marajuana coming from the window which needed to be kept open due to the radiator being stuck on full.This also meant that that the screeching seaguls kept us awake throughout the night.There were no noise restrictions meaning there was a constant din in the hostel.
2 night trip Apr 23, 2013
Lee
A very good basic and cheap hostel. Staff were really friendly and our room was very clean. Breakfast was basic but free! It was good having cooking facilities but everything was a bit sticky! I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2013
"Good for students/travellers for cheap room"
Staff were excellent and very helpful. Breakfast and canteen services were good. The room smelt of damp and had damp patches visible. Nice sized shower room, but the shower needed a good scrub. The mattress was uncomfortable and lumpy. An ok cheap place for a short break. If you are out sightseeing as we were, and only used the hostel as a B & B then it is not too bad.After saying this it would not stop us booking again as cheapness was our priority for the weekend and usually is when we go away.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We have made a note of your comment regarding the shower and mattress and will certainly use it to improve our hostel in the future. Thank you again. We really appreciate your feedback.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
"Good Hostel"
The staff were most helpful polite and charming. Although a very old building which I remember as its orginal use as a mission. It was comfortable Needs some paint and tlc but for the price was exceptional value very comfortable bunk bed
1 night trip Mar 17, 2013
bluesmanUK
A lot of people said bad staff about this hotel but i found it pretty good. The room was clean. most importantly the bed. what else would you need for a night!
1 night trip Feb 19, 2013
arnab
"Great value-price hotel near the city center"
I believe this Hotel does attend the needs of young travelers looking for a way to stay cheap in Liverpool without having either to go very far away from the city center or sleeping uncomfortably. The hotel rooms are quite nice and it has a great value-price ratio. The city center is within walking distance and the folks at the reception will be happy to tell you the city's how-tos. Nevertheless, since the dormitories are for many people (8 in my room), I wouldn't recommend this place for a family trip or anyone excessively concerned about privacy. After all it is fair to say that this is a good, cheap accommodation for the young traveler in the center of Liverpool.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Marcel
"worst hotel ever"
It was the worst hotel ever it was not like the pics I saw
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay here. We feel that the photographs on our website are an accurate description of our hostel so it is disappointing that you felt mislead in any way. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Other trip Feb 17, 2013
"great for over night stay"
I stayed over night in Hatters in liverpool with my fifteen year old daughter. It was a birthday treat for her and we just needed somewhere to sleep. I don't drive so needed somewhere that was near a train station, central to shops and cinema and was cheap. Hatters ticked all the boxes, at £30.00 a night for bed and breakfast, five minute walk from central train station and about 10-15 min walk to Liverpool one. We arrived a couple of hours early and asked if there was anywhere to leave our bags, I was told I could leave the bags in our room as it only needed hoovering. The room was basic but comfortable enough and clean. The bathroom blinds were broken but that did not bother us as we were on 3rd floor. It was cold in the room later on when we arrived back, despite there being a radiator in the room but once I snuggled down into the bed it was warm and comfortable enough. There is also a tv in the room.Breakfast is from 7.30/10 am, you help yourself to tea,coffee,hot choc, juice,toast,cereal and yogurt. The receptionist even checked cinema times for me. Hatters is a great place weather you want to stay after a shopping trip, concert or night out, I would definitely recommend Hatters and use them again.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
It was really nice to read your kind review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hatters Liverpool and hope to see you both again some time!
Other trip Feb 15, 2013
Ann
Lovely place. Staff very polite and easy check in and out. Room lovely and clean. Great value for money and would definitely stay again!
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you very much for such positive feedback! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Hatters Liverpool. Hopefully we will see you again!
Other trip Feb 14, 2013
Louise
Great location close to the city centre within reach of all the major attractions. Friendly staff and clean and spacious rooms. Very suitable for young travelers. A simple breakfast is included, and you get what you pay for. I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2013
The only good thing about this hostel was the friendly staff.The hostel was dirty very run down and smelly.I know that it is classed as budget accomadation but i have stayed in nice hotels for less money than the hostel.My husband would not let me see the kitchen as he said i wold have a fitwe left in the morning without even a cup of coffee.Would never stay again.
1 night trip Dec 15, 2012
p price
good room for the price
1 night trip Dec 15, 2012
Jefe
"keep away from this place"
there was no heating through the night and it was freezing cold.no remote control for the tv even though we asked reception we never got it.breakfast was late and the staff not helpful at all.we paid £38 for a double room for one night and were given twin room.very dirty place.bathroom blindes were broken and the room was very small.those pictures on the website are very deceptive.we will never go there again.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2012
sue
"Great value for Money!"
Had a good stay in the hostel for our 2 night stay. Breakfast was good with a good selection of cereal, toast, tea, coffee. The kitchen was tidy, where you can cook your own meal, they have a microwave too. The only little problem on our stay was the lift didnt work and we had to carry our cases up 5 f;ights of stairs, but the lift was working again on our day of last day there. The bed pillows had stains on them and the sound proofing wasnt much good, so we could here a lot from other rooms near by late at night, ie doors banging, people talking, playing music. But overall for a hostel it was good value for money and would stay there again.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you for the feedback! We really value your opinion and will use your review to better our services. Sorry about the lift! However, our lovely staff are always more than happy to help with luggage. You only ever have to ask and they will help in any way they can! Thank you again!
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
Dano
"Disappointing!"
Unsatisfactory compared to my normal hostel experiences. A poor breakfast.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
If our free continental breakfast wasn't to your liking, we would have been happy to recommend a few of our local cafes or even our own Full Irish cooked breakfast which we offer for a small charge. Thanks for the review!
Other trip Aug 14, 2012
"happy"
it was joyfull
2 night trip Jul 17, 2012
"Convenient location"
The room was fine, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. However, during the night I was aware of the doors being pulled shut with a bang. I was also woken twice at 2 am and 5 am by people arguing : I think the sound carries. At breakfast (at 8.45 am) there was no more juice and initially no cutlery and nothing to put on the toast. However, once I had pointed this out, some cutlery was brought and a big tub of margarine and some individual jams. Everyone was using bowls instead of plates as there weren't any! However, there was a friendly atmosphere and I got chatting to one of the guests. The hotel was really convenient, as it was 5 mins walk from Lime Street Station and 5 mins walk up the hill to the Philharmonic Hall where my daughter was graduating. I was glad that I was able to leave my luggage until later in the day.
Response by Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Thank you for you review! Sorry about breakfast. We can get very busy in the morning rush but as you saw, we are always quick to fix problems as soon as they are brought to our attention. We really appreciate your feedback and congratulations on your daughter's graduation!
Other trip Jul 18, 2012
Gabrielle

"추천추천!"
Liverpool lime street station에서 도보로 10분 이내로, 접근하기 좋습니다. 또, Albert dock이나 matthew street까지도 도보 10-15분으로 편안합니다(리버풀의 주요 관광지가 가까이 몰려있다보니 어디든 걸어서 다니기 좋습니다). 객실 내 화장실이 있어 편안합니다. 다양한 종류의 아침식사가 제공되어 좋아요! 추천입니다.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2015
"コストパフォーマンス良し"
系列のホステルの中ではここが一番よかったです。寝るだけでOKな人なら、朝食も割合充実しているので満足できると思います。
1 night trip May 28, 2015
JP
"Au top"
Très bonne auberge, à chaque fois que je séjourne sur Liverpool, je vais au Hatters, je ne suis jamais déçu
1 night trip May 28, 2015
Marine
FR
"Beskidt - mørkt - træls..."
Det er positivt, at Hatters ligger 10 minutters gang fra stationen. Det er så også det eneste positive. Min fætter og jeg blev mødt af ugidelig betjening, kolde og beskidte værelser med utætte vinduer. En seng, hvor der manglede fjedre og et morgenmadsområde der var mørkt og uhumsk. Maden var også træls. Bestemt ikke anbefalelsesværdigt.
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
"Bra och enkelt"
Bra läge, bra pris, om man vars vill ha ett centralt enkelt ställe att sova på.
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
Nicholas
SE
"Billigt"
Billigt men skulle inte stanna mer än nödvändigt,soc en natt så det var helt ok.
1 night trip with friends Apr 13, 2015
SE
"Fodbold rejse"
Fodbold rejse på egen hånd. Super god beliggenhed og har det der skal være når man bare skal overnatte. Super godt
3 night trip with friends Mar 2, 2015
"Grei til fotballturar"
Hatters hostel er eit sentralt hostell fem minuttars gange frå Church street (Liverpool one) og Mathew street (bargata). Me likte beliggenheita godt, men sjølve rommet var veldig slite. Hotellet har eit koseleg konsept, men med små og tronge rom. Pluss for stort bad med god dusj, sjølv om det var slite. Greitt hotell dersom ein t.d. er på fotballtur og kun brukar rommet til soving og dusjing.
3 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
Anette
"Billig............."
Billig og bra beliggenhet, det er det positive om et hotell som ellers var lite å skrive hjem om....
2 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2015
Terje
"Guttetur"
Et greit opphold med god beliggenhet.
1 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2015
Rune
"Får ikke mere end man betaler for"
God central beliggenhed. Ingen varme på værelset, beskidt og dårlig morgenmad.
2 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Anne Isabell
DK
"BONITO POR FUERA Y CENTRICO"
HOTEL CENTRICO Y MUY BONITO POR FUERA Y POR DENTRO PERO LAS HABITACIONES SON MUY CUTRES, LA CALEFACION IBA CUANDO QUERIA, POR LA VENTANA ENTRABA UN AIRE MUY FRIO QUE ME DABA EN PLENA CARA Y LA PUERTA DEL LAVABO NO CERRABA. SI QUIERES GEL, CHAMPU O CUALQUIER COSA DE ASEO LO TIENES QUE PAGAR ASI COMO LA TELE SI QUIERES EL MANDO A DISTANCIA EL DESAYUNO FLOJITO
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
JOSE
ES
"Good hostel"
A good hostel which has a perfect location. The room was cold, and the choise of was could've been bigger. Else the hostel was good!
2 night romance trip Feb 9, 2015
"駅に近い立地の良いホテル"
中心部であるライムストリート駅から徒歩で10分程度で着くので便利でした。 おおむね快適に過ごせましたが、一つ気になるとしたらシャワーの向きでした。シャワーは固定式で扉の方に向いているため、冷たさに数秒耐えなければならないのは辛いところでした。
ADACHI
JP
"so.so ..."
so,so .
1 night trip Feb 10, 2015
sunyoung
KR
"Ottima posizione, buon prezzo per un buon servizio"
L'ostello gode di un'ottima posizione centrale e il personale è gentile. L'ambiente è giovanile (appunto, è un ostello, non un albergo) e le finiture non sono elevatissime, ma tutto sommato per il prezzo pagato il servizio è stato ottimo.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Davide
IT
"Sympa"
L'hôtel est vraiment agréable pour ses parties communes, et le personnel très sympathique. Le dortoir est ce qu'il est: un dortoir, ce n'est pas une chambre dans laquelle on se repose à n'importe quelle heure de la journée. Les autres font leur allés et venues. Mais c'est aussi le moyen de rencontrer de superbes personnes, et de découvrir d'autres vies. Bref, on est loin du luxe, mais l'hôtel rempli largement ses critères et on en a pour son argent.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Juliette
"혼자여행하긴좋음"
방이 춥고 와이파이도 안됐지만 위치가 좋고 조식이 나왔다
2 night trip Jan 6, 2015
KR
"Beste utgangspunkt i Liverpool"
To netter alene i dobbeltrom. Sentralt hostel, dobbeltrommene kan matche hoteller i UK på standard. Fikk et gammelt dobbeltrom første natten og var ikke videre fornøyd pga rensligheten. Vanskelig å si om det var slitasje eller rensligheten men alt virket bare litt på halv tolv. Fikk et nytt rom andre natten og det var en helt annen opplevelse. Rent og nytt sengetøy m.m. Begge rommene hadde behagelige senger, badet er kjempestort med bra dusj. Kaldt på rommet. De sosiale områdene er helt ok. Liverpool er en by hvor folk flest kommer fra resten av UK til for å feste så husk dette hvis du booker hostel. Kan være mye bråk på nattestid og på kveldene. Personlig brøy jeg meg ikke om det da jeg sover tungt. De sikrer inngang til hostellet med bevis etter kl.23 så det er en ekstra god sikkerhet å ha at det ikke vandrer folk inn og ut fritt. Ellers bra kjøkken og pc-stue pluss bakgård for røyking. Best for reisende alene eller i par som ikke skal være mye på hostellet/hotellet utover å sove.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"Im Dezember kann es kalt sein..."
Es war nicht mein erstes Mal in diesem Hotel, umso erstaunter war ich dieses mal. Die Fenster im Zimmer waren nicht richtig dicht und die Heizung hat nicht funktioniert(Im Dezember). Als wir uns dann am nächsten Tag anhören mussten, dass man ja damit rechnen kann das es im Dezember kalt ist, haben wir nach der 1. Nacht aus dem Hotel ausgecheckt (Obwohl 3 gebucht und bezahlt). Uns wurde zwar ein anderes Zimmer angeboten aber dies haben wir Dankend abgelehnt.
3 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
DE
"Perfekt til en god pris!"
Formålet med rejsen var en tur til anfield og se fodbold. Hotellet ligger helt perfekt i forhold til togstationen og centrum. Jeg vil helt afgjort anbefale Hatters Hostel til alle der skal til liverpool. Vi vælger ihvertfald dem igen næste gang.
1 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2014
"Foyballtur"
Helt ok billig hotell
2 night trip Dec 8, 2014
"good services"
The staff is available, and goes out of their way to satisfy guests' requests. Room doors are unlocked with credit-card type kind of card.
3 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
francois
FR
"Snusket hostel med sød betjening og god beliggenhe"
Da vi ankom var gulvet beskidt med eks. appelsinskrald og spraydåse bag sengen. Wc'et var ikke trukket ud og det var et dårligt indtryk. Personalet var søde og serviceorienteret.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2014