All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Main Road, Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, 6350, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Great service!"
Service was excellent. They have a tiny pool and hot tub which left something to be desired. Restaurant next door was good. They have a small kitchenette in the room which is cool. All in all a very nice hotel with some of the best service we've had.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Sat Mitar
"fabulous staff...couldn't have been nicer"
Hands down I would have given this hotel an excellent rating, however we are Jacuzzi people and they have a fantastic view for their Jacuzzi but it is Not Hot. However, they went above and beyond to accommodate us with another hotel to share their Jacuzzi. Other than that...this hotel was Fantastic!!!!!!
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
shari
"A must stay in Anenal"
Very well kept small hotel. Our bungalow was great, well equipped and had a wonderful view of the Arenal Volcano ( when it wasn't obscured by clouds). The staff was more than helpful, especially Eileen(Sp?). Nice pool and very good attached restaurant. 6km from town and convenient to Arenal National Park.
3 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
Edward
"Vacation to see the monkeys"
First time in Costa Rica. We wanted to see the monkeys and after much research, it seems like Manuel Antonio was the perfect place. We were a bit surprised by the hotels in the area. Our hotel was not the best location, not close enough to the beach and no beach view at all. The room was large but we had to move to another room since it had an odor (musty). But the patio area was very relaxing and surrounded by trees. The monkeys finally decided to visit the hotel the morning we were leaving. They were primarily in the trees, a couple of them came to the patio area but not within reach. The restaurant was very nice but not a lot of customers. The food in that area is very expensive. All the restaurants are owned by outsiders and definitely caters to tourist. The National Forest is amazing. Lots of folks trying to give tours but best to stick with the official tour guides. The beach is beautiful. Take the local bus from the hotel, 60 cents.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Joy
"We ended up leaving and going to another hotel."
It seemed like a very peaceful place, but you could not have a drink out on the patio, there were not cocktails, or food except for breakfast. You would have to leave the hotel to get something to eat or drink. That is not what we want when we go on vacation. The pool was the size of a medium hot top, I guess you could get in stand there to cool off. The room was clean and the people were nice. I just prefer a little more luxury when on vacation.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"STAY HERE!! great place, great rooms"
My girlfriend and I were travelling by motorcycle for 9 days in Costa Rica. I reserved all the rooms through Hotels.com and had to go by the descriptions here. I thought i would add my own impression of each place. This place is so much nicer than the pictures make it out to be. It is close to all the activities in Manuel Antonio, shopping, food, and the park.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
Rob
"Tranquil Escape"
This hotel was just what I needed when first arriving to Costa Rica. It's tranquil setting in the middle of the rainforest was so relaxing. The service is great and everyone that works there is friendly and helpful. It's a short walk to Quepos and a short bus ride to Manuel Antonio. The rooms are large and comfortable. Shower is so relaxing and there is hot water always. If you're looking for a tranquil retreat this is the spot to be.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Stay Here !!!"
This place is a real gem! We had a huge room with new furnishings, a sofa, frig, microwave, and lots of closet space overlooking the jungle. While the hotel is along a busy road, the rooms are overlooking the back of the property which is the jungle. Nelson and the people at the front desk were helpful and great to work with. The hot breakfast was nothing special, but adequate and filling. The bus stop was a short walk away and was a 10 minute ride to the beach. Z, the restaurant next door was excellent and we ate there 2 nights.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2014
"Amazing Hotel"
I had an amazing experience. The absolute best service and facilities. I really enjoyed the service from the front desk staff (Jonathan and Javier I think. The two guys with hair were fantastic, but the bald guy was just okay). The young lady who served breakfast was so welcoming and kind. She didn't receive tip very often, but treated us like guest in her own home. The rooms were the best. So artistic and absolutely immaculate. The were very very spacious. I could totally live there.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Evelyn
"A NICE PLACE WITH VERY NICE STAFF"
The room was spacious, modern and sleek but had a weird chemical smell -- which is the only reason it doesn't get 5 rating from us. It seemed like maybe it had been painted or remodeled recently. That was the only quibble. The staff -- especially Javier -- were accommodating and helpful. He even spotted a sloth mother/child for us in the trees by the pool. And Z is a very good place to eat fish. This is a well run hotel in a beautiful part of the world.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Comfort, nature and excellent service!"
The hotel has great service, since the reception, information and attention to detail they provide. The rooms are very spacious and beautiful with great views to the jungle next to the hotel. Breakfast is good thou it could be better and bigger. And all I this for a great price!
Other trip May 20, 2014
Damian
Huge room, nice bathroom, everything was very clean and in great condition. Stayed two nights, would definitely return if in the area again.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Great bargain"
Hotel staff was very pleasant. As soon as I got there someone took my bag and led me to the reception. There check in was easy and then I was given a quick tour. The room was spacious, clean and modern. The breakfast area was very cute and felt like you were eating in the jungle.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Close to Manuel Antonio"
The staff was great and the breakfast was cook to order. The hotel is about 50 meters from the bus stop. I would recommend taking the bus to Manuel Antonio. It is about 60 cents per person and it takes about 10 minutes. The TV is small but we didn't watch TV there anyway. Our room had a refrigerator and a coffee maker. Bathrooms are very nice. I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
"Great hotel, great staff, best value"
I went to this hotel with my boyfriend. The staff was very helpful and the hotel is beautiful. The breakfast was great and a lot of food with unlimited juice, coffee and tea. The terrace where they serve it is incredible. The room was very spacious and had a great view
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Eduardo
"Lovely natural setting"
Huge well appointed modern room with small balcony overlooking lovely outdoor breakfast area and natural habitat. The staff was very gracious. The lounge connected to the hotel was in a natural setting as well, and had live music. Great accommodations at a moderate price!
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"Modern, Tranquil, Comfortable"
We stayed 2 nights at Plaza Yara between Quepos (hot, noisy) and Manuel Antonio Parque. Plaza Yara is up hill from Quepos but you can walk to restaurants with live music if you want, but not hear anything but birds and insects from your private balcony. The local bus stop is 75 meters away and takes you to Quepos for the beach and open air market, or to the park for about $0.40 (in opposite directions). The hotel rooms are spacious, modern, tastefully decorated and quiet. There is a canister of freshly ground coffee, coffee maker, microwave and mini frig in the room. The lobby doubles as an art gallery and there is art hung in the hallways, rooms and breakfast patio. The staff were very helpful, spoke excellent English and provided useful answers to all our questions. The resident cat and beagle were charmingly friendly.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
Joy
"Excellent hotel in Manuel Antonio"
We loved the hotel, loved the breakfast. The shower head fell off in the shower but should be very easy to fix. The room was spotless but they need to leave an extra roll of toilet paper. Overall I would definitely stay there again
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"Pleasant, roommy, excellent interior design"
Staff is very nice, rooms clean, breakfast is good.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
alexander
"Lovely hotel, fantastic service"
If you want an absolutely clean & notably spacious hotel, this is the place for you. And the staff couldn't be more accommodating and helpful. The pool is lovely, and the rooms look right into a bit of rain forest. Unfortunately, not all rooms have balconies as the posted descriptions suggest. So if you want one, be sure to request one that has a balcony.
3 night trip Jan 25, 2014
KBrown
"Nice little property, super clean/friendly"
Close to Manuel Antonio, on the main road....not walking distance there or the beach. We had a car, so no problem. Otherwise grab an inexpensive bus, or take a taxi. Super clean, large rooms, overly friendly staff. Good value.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Easy access to the central area of town and close to the beach. Park located in front of the hotel with large shade trees; nice setting. Clean rooms with air-conditioning. Beautiful hardwood floors.
2 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Byrd S
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel is beautiful with a very nice outdoor courtyard where breakfast is served. Our room was rather dark. The TV was so small, we could hardly see it from the bed. The bed was not very comfortable - but we found that to be true of most places we stayed in. It was only about 10 minutes by bus to the beach and National Park entrance. Not knowing the area, we were surprised to find Manuel Antonio to be a long stretch of hotels. If you want an area to wander around and hit some eateries etc - head to the beach. We did eat at the restaurant here. Our dinner was very good and priced competitively with other nice restaurants we ate at.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Wonderful location, great staff."
The staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The room was spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. Wonderful deck over looking the jungle! I would highly recommend staying here!
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
heidi
"Excellent Hotel"
We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Plaza Yara last December. Its locations is excellent to visit Manual Antonio NP and nearby Quepos Mangrove boating/kayaking. Its studio room is huge and very tastefully decorated. The bathroom is modern and has a spa feel. It is the best hotel I have stayed in this price range. The monkeys came to the jungles behind the hotel at the breakfast and pool area. The front desk staffs were excellent, friendly, helpful and attentive. The hotel dog and cat were a hit for my teenager. The breakfast was cooked to order and very fresh and nice. The restaurant next door was convenient and excellent but pricey. The restaurant nearby in Gaia resort is not to be missed. You have to make reservation for that. It is the best meal we had in Costa Rica. Another low key restaurant nearby is run by local people and offer fresh veg from their garden. The arts in the gallery were enjoyable to view since it is right there in the hotel. We even purchased a piece.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Jane
"ideal for Manuel Antonio"
great location, recently renovated. clean and safe. would not have to have a car.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2014
"Absolutely wonderful! Couldn't ask for more."
This hotel, with its large suites, excellent service, lovely jungle view, immaculate pool, great breakfast, etc. made our anniversary vacation very memorable. It sets the bar high for hotel standards; I wish all hotels would pay as much attention to the maintenance of their facilities. Thank you, Nelson, for the lovely welcome and the excellent stay.
3 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Wanderlust
"beautiful hotel, awesome stay!"
fantastic accommodations - the room was new, beautiful and super clean, the common space was wonderful (saw toucans while eating free breakfast). amazing stay!!!! would stay here again without question.
4 night trip Nov 19, 2013
Abby
"Perfect Hotel"
Terrific hotel very close (about 5 mins by car) to the beach. The room is really large (with high ceilings too). It's very clean and decorated beautifully - with colorful mosaic tiles, bamboo furniture and lots of natural accents like hanging plants, and water features. You can spot monkeys swinging in adjoining forest and the staff is very pleasant and helpful. We felt extremely comfortable. Thank you for everything!
3 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Nice, small, clean hotel with a great breakfast. Javier and Nelson were very pleasant and helpful.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2013
"Close to the Manuel Antonio Park"
It was a nice hotel, but the mattress was very cheap and the room is big and empty, not welcoming and comfortable. Not that we were in the room that much, but the TV was small and hard to see from the bed. BIG room and BIG bathroom. AND we did see monkeys the last morning we were there, while we ate breakfast. PERFECTLY located but no view of the ocean.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2013
"Beautiful hotel, helpful staff"
Loved our stay at Hotel Plaza Yara. The staff was very friendly and our room very spacious and comfy.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Nice hotel in Manuel Antonio"
Great room overlooking some wooded area. Very good room rate, great location, and very friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Huge rooms, no bugs, great price!"
Being on the side of the mountain, I was amazed not to find any bugs, the room was spotless! It's the size of an apartment, the beds are comfortable, and the a/c works great. The staff is friendly and helpful, by far the best price of all the hotels around. It has a small fridge and microwave, very helpful when traveling with children. The shower was exceptional (no tub, though) also huge. The breakfast that's included it's a bit small, and the friendly bees where buzzing around, but it was tasty! We stayed in room #6 & #7, which are separate from the main building. I loved everything about this hotel, and would definitively stay there next time!
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Vanessa
"Amazing!"
Amazing!
7 night romance trip Jun 22, 2013
Jamie
"Hotel Plaza Yara"
We stayed in this hotel for one week. The staff were all very accommodating and friendly. They recommended tours and set them all up for us. We also received food, dessert and drink spot suggestions. All of which turned out to be great! The pool area was unfortunately under construction when we there, which was a bit disappointing. My friend and I didn't feel comfortable being there with several men fixing the roof. After a long day at the beach or after going on a tour a quick dip in the pool in the extreme heat would have been extremely welcome, especially because of the convenience of not having to travel to do it. During my stay it happened to be my birthday and my father called the hotel to have a cake arranged for me, which they obliged to do. The hotel itself is beautiful with enormous rooms, great breakfast and conveniently located. A block away is a bus you can take for 280 colones which is about 60 US cents. It will take you into Quepos which is the local town. It will also take you to Manuel Antonio which is where the beach and national park are located. They're about equidistant from the hotel, 15 or so mins in either direction and come every 15/20 mins until 7pm. I do recommend renting a car to get around because otherwise the cost of taxi's everywhere certainly adds up and walking anywhere at night is difficult. One complaint I did have was that once the cleaning service finished cleaning the room we can back to an unlocked door. Thankfully the area is safe.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Cristina
"The hotel was in the middle of everything"
The hotel was in the middle of everything, and close to the public bus stop. The bus was easy to use and very inexpensive. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly! Dillion, Javier, Jonathon, and Nelson were awesome. The breakfast was always good and the housekeepers were great as well. I can't thank all of the staff enough for making out visit EXCEPTIONAL!!! When we return to Costa Rica, we will definitely be staying at Hotel Plaza Yara again. I will also be telling all of my friends to stay there. The wildlife was amazing and came to visit many times. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Shelby
"A great hotel in an even greater price"
Great hotel. Nice clean large rooms. Nice staff. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
"amazing place to stay"
Everything was easy. Helpful staff. Amazing, clean, comfortable room with wonderful shower/bath. Yummy breakfast. Monkeys hanging outside behind the hotel. Awesome. Great location.
2 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2013
Fode Bakadi
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very delicious. The atmosphere was very nice and pleasant. The lobby is an art gallery, very recommended!
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
"CLose to Manuel Antonio and sites"
Great place! Very roomy, great showers and monkey's seen in the morning at Breakfast. Would recommend for romantic or family!
1 night trip Apr 4, 2013
Sean
"Nice hotel near Manuel Antonio"
Very nice. Helpful staff. Great breakfast. Monkeys sometimes around the beautiful outdoor breakfast nook. Can be a little noisy from the street and not walking distance to the beach or park - but easy drive or bus. Also great art gallery.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
"Great value for money"
Were pretty lucky to find a vacancy in this gem! Low price, big, clean, modern flat-like rooms with an equipped kitchen that have space for an entire family. The breakfast was rich and tasted great and the staff was extremely nice & helpful! As for the location issue that was brought up in earlier reviews, it is on the road and not that close to the national park, we had a car so that wasn't an issue, but the bus station is really close by and that shouldn't be an issue to anyone. The only place I'm going to stay in when I come back to the area.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Wow"
Wow! We enjoyed this hotel tremendously. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They recommended a place to eat one afternoon and it was superb! The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The next time I go to the area, I will definately stay at Plaza Yara!
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
TRM
"Great Hotel for price!!!"
Just stayed there for three nights with my husband. For the price, everything was excellent. The staff was very friendly!!! The only thing that wasn't great was the mattress, but I can deal with that for 4 days. The decor was nice, it was clean, and very roomy. Had a little kitchen area with microwave, sink and refrigerator, great for snacks and drinks. The location was PERFECT, close enought to Manuel Antonio Park, and a few minutes from the city center (Quepos). Overall great experience :)
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
Vanessa
"Awesome experience"
Plaza yara was great. Had everything we needed. Spacious. Breakfast was great. Bus stop nearby. Javier was wonderful. The restaurant El Arado was great.
3 night trip Mar 13, 2013
ADRIANA
"Great hotel for a reasonable price."
Not real close to everything, but we had a car so it was not a problem.
3 night romance trip Feb 26, 2013
"A nice hotel."
Friendly staff, and very clean rooms. Furniture and television were outdated. Provided a nice breakfast in the morning . Room was spacious. Overall, I would rate this hotel a 6 out of 10.
Other trip Feb 3, 2013
"Quiet but center of everything in Miguel Antonio"
WE are arealready planning a second stay for next year and using the Plaza Yara as the HQ. The room was wonderful...windows opened tot he forest full of monkeys, but the kitchen, coffee-maker(with coffee, sugar and milk...not the yucky stuff) was great. Good breakfast, nice companions...staff was friendly and helpful. Wish I could "clone" it for all my travel.Room service from SALT restaurant, which is rare in a hotel at this price. Good beds, TV and free WIFI that actually worked!
3 night family trip Jan 12, 2013
Char
"Hotel manager Javier"
The manager Javier is very helpful and knowledgeable. The room is fully equipped with everything we need. The pool is a little bit small.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2013