All hotels in Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
"Not great"
We didn't have a great stay. The room wasn't very attractive, carpet stained and extremely noisy as entry door slammed until after 11pm.ooks like they're about to give it makeover or should be. Clean it basic.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience at the ibis Styles Canberra. I am sincerely appreciative of this, as it allows for the identification of target areas for improvement. Please accept my genuine apologies that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. It is my hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to convey to you that your negative experiences are not our usual standard. Sincerely, Debbie Sheilds Guest Experience Manager
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
"Good hotel"
This was a good hotel for a night's stay in Canberra and with somewhere we could leave our car. The continental breakfast was a nice inclusion.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, I appreciate you taking the time for a review, it is so helpful for us to receive feedback. Our car parking area is very large so always a great surprise bonus for our guests. I look forward to me meeting you on your next visit Jackie. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
Jackie
The room was spacious, clean and well furnished. Hotel reception was very helpful on arrival.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Jim, Thank you. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your holiday. Kind regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
"Quick one night stay for transit"
The room door was broken & we had to lift the hinge every time you entered or exited the room. There was a large Chinese group in house & it was quite noisy & we could hear the voice & noise even from the room.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at ibis Styles Narrabundah. The maintenance issue you experienced has been rectified by our Engineering department, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I hope you consider visiting our Hotel again and give us the opportunity to convey to you your negative experiences are not our usual standard and that we give high priority to guests satisfaction. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
"4 is to much I would hardly give 3 to this hotel"
Toilet was smelly . Break fast was horrible. No room service we had to go down to reception to pick up our food.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Please accept our sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope you reconsider visiting our hotel again and give us the opportunity to convey to you that your negative experiences are not our usual standard. Thanks you for taking the time for feedback, I really appreciate it. Kind regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 5, 2016
PK
"Close to the city centre"
Prices right and a great breakfast included in the price
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thanks for the review. Our breakfast has become so popular that you may be pleased to know that we have just completed major improvements. As from tomorrow, our new breakfast restaurant will be open. With a much bigger area and even more choices to select from, our very popular buffet is going to be even better. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit and showing off our new facility. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
Other trip Jan 5, 2016
Jane
"Reasonably priced"
Room was ok, bit small for five people. Carpet was badly stained, looked like water damage, left the room smelling like sweaty feet, once we opened the window and put on the air con it wasn't too bad, but still not great. Continental breakfast was ok.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent stay with us. We have noted your comments regarding the room. We regret the inconvenience you have experienced and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
Mum
"Good cheap stay"
Room was tidy and presentable. Staff were lovely and very helpful. The only downside was other tenants where my children briefly witnessed a hysterical mother complaining of being ripped drugs in the carpark which I acknowledge isn't something the hotel can control all the time. it appears hotel may be used as emergency accomodation for department of housing. Before staff could respond the lady was gone. Despite this I would stay again for a brief overnight stay. Can't fault staff or rooms.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Micki, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I shall pass on your comments to our lovely staff. It is always refreshing to hear feedback such as yours. I am so sorry you witnessed the type of behaviour you wrote about. It seems to be everywhere these days. We are not, not have ever been, accommodation for housing. Sorry to say it was just random guests. We did call the police and have them removed but unfortunately too late for you and your children. Again thanks for taking the time to write a review. I do hope to meet you on your next visit. Please let me know when you are coming to Canberra again, it would be my pleasure to look after you personally. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
Micki
"Disapointed"
Room needs update especially carpet. Very busy when we stayed which made breakfast area far too small and staff unable to keep food available. The whole place needs updating and more staff especially at night so are available when needed when incidents happen. Would not stay again.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Firstly thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to do so. Regarding your comments on the breakfast area, you may be pleased to know that we are currently in the process of a refurbishment which will ultimately make a substantial improvement to this aspect and will be finished this week.. Please accept my genuine apologies that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. It is deeply disappointing to read that you would choose not to return to Ibis Styles Canberra in the future, to which I hope you will reconsider. Sincerely, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
daddles
Reasonable price for the stay with breakfast
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
D
"Great family value for money"
Great location and great value for money for a family holiday. Easy to get around to everything Canberra has to offer. Unfortunately we had very loud neighbours in a nearby room who made a lot of noise late at night. This was an isolated incident. Fortunately they were quiet after spoken to. I guess you can get this sort of selfish, anti-social behaviour during the busy season...
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Firstly thanks for the great feedback. We are indeed fortunate to be so close to most of the major attractions and yet in a lovely, quiet, tree lined area. Apologies you felt at little crowded at breakfast. The good news is we have almost completed the renovations to our dining and breakfast areas to allow more room and therefore comfort for guests. This new area will be open this week! I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Styles Narrabundah in the near future and showing off our newest refurbishment addition. KIndest Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
"Clean and comfortable"
What I expected, clean and tidy at a reasonable cost,quiet with friendly staff
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thanks for the review. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
"Ok hotel in Canberra"
Room clean and tidy, free internet (up to 200 Mb), Good breakfast. Dining in the hotel is not a good idea, be ready to wait more than 30 min for a second class meal.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thanks for posting your review. Feedback is so important to us as it serves as an opportunity to better provide for our guest's needs. Our free internet has been a real winner and our breakfast buffet is always receiving great comments. I am disappointed to hear your feedback regarding the restaurant and I will passing your comments onto our Restaurant Manager for follow up. I hope you consider visiting our hotel again and give us the opportunity to show you our high priority to guest satisfaction. Thanks again Sincerely, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
"Great motel close to everything"
Cant fault the facilities. Great staff . Clean room. Great buffet breakfast. Will be going back.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thanks so much for your review. I shall pass on your comments to our staff, it gives us great pleasure to hear about happy guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
aussie couple
"Very good condition accommodation."
Great accommodation excellent condition at budget price. Free breakfast.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2015
Choon
"A little disappointed."
Breakfast felt like school camp so a little disappointing. Common areas needed vacuuming. There was no map of the complex provided. When asking where to park we were told just anywhere. At first this was easy. When we came back from dinner there was almost no parking to be found and poor lighting. We sqashed into a hard to park in spot. In the morning when there was light we found a whole carpark tucked around the back. A map or staff info when we asked in the first place would have been helpful. Also you needed to read an A4 piece of paper to use the TV. Just let us use the normal remote. Beds were comfortable and room was clean though.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Ibis Styles Canberra. You may be pleased to know that we are in the process of a major refurbishment which will ultimately make a substantial improvement to the size and aspect of the dining area. This will be completed this week. I hope you can accept our sincerest apologies for the challenges you encountered with us. It does not represent the quality of service and standard we aim to achieve at our hotel. Please rest assured that your comments have been highlighted to the concerned departments and we are taking appropriate & swift actions to prevent any guest being similarly inconvenienced in the future. Thank you again, Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Dec 29, 2015
"Much nicer places to stay for compatible price!"
No kettle, broken toaster, old furnishings, fan cover in the bathroom fell off, toilet was not very clean, view from window was to a brick wall, corridors smell terrible.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Firstly thanks, I am very grateful for you taking the time to write your review. I am sincerely appreciative of this, as it allows for the identification of target areas for improvement. Please accept my genuine apologies that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. It is deeply disappointing. I will be personally discussing your comments with our Engineering and Housekeeping Departments, to ensure the issues raised are rectified. Thank you again, for taking the time to comment. Sincerely, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
Other trip Dec 29, 2015
Wasn't happy movie cut off while watching it. Had to go back to start of it.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Hi Wayne, Thanks for taking the time to comment on ibis Styles Narrabundah, it helps us so much when we get guest feedback. Sorry about the movie, hope you were able to catch it up. I shall look into why that happened. Thanks for the 4 stars too, I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards, Debbie Sheilds Guest Experience Manager
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Wayne
"Comfortable, Good Breakkie and Cheap"
Booked a few hours before we got there on our way to Melbourne. Good location, Clean room, Spacious rooms, Good bathroom and a great breakkie! 5 stars!
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
"Disappointing"
We had 2 rooms booked for our stay and the door to our room had faulty hinges and we had to force the door open and there was tv no remote. We were offered a different room but as we were staying for one night it wasn't worth it. We later found the shower taps were seized. The other room seemed to have the local cigarette smoking area outside the window.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrences. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Dec 19, 2015
Dawn
"Canberra"
Comfy stay. Upgraded to a 2 bdroom apmt (expected a little more) for an extra $60 pn. A bit out of town, so approx $26 into City each way. Has a laundry which was appreciated. Great buffet bkfast
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Hi Tracy, Thank you for your recent review. We do get a lot of good comments about our breakfast buffet, with daily specials, it makes for a change everyday. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
2 night family trip Dec 13, 2015
Tracy
"Nice place for a short stay"
We only stayed one night and the hotel was suitable for this purpose. For longer stays the room may be too small for families, however adequate for individuals staying on business trips. Bathroom was a bit small.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Ravi, Thanks for the review. My humblest apologies about the housekeeping issue, I shall be investigating to find out how that happened. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast - guests often comment on the great variety and abundance. Thanks again, feedback allows us the opportunity for improvement. We do strive to deliver a superior experience for all of our guests. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
Ravi
"Good location away from city centre."
Excellent value through Wotif. Upon entering building (where rooms are located) found quite a lot of dirt and debris on floor, although room was clean. Staff in restaurant had us down for continental breakfast, should have been buffet breakfast. Discovered today that $1 billed to credit card which should be reversed, although will check later before phoning hotel.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thanks for taking the time for your review. Your $1 will be safely returned, promise. I'm so glad you enjoyed our location. We are indeed fortunate to have such a quiet location with Manuka, Kingston and Griffith right next door. Thanks again, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Dec 10, 2015
"Comfortable Hotel"
This is a good hotel to stay at - its comfortable, had everything we were after including a full buffet breakfast along with attentive staff.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Steve, I will pass on your comments to our attentive staff, they love to hear guest feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review ibis Styles Canberra. Sincerely, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
Other trip Dec 10, 2015
"Convenient location"
My only complaint is the lack of parking close to room. If you arrive back at the hotel later in the evening the only parking available is out the back of the establishment.
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
Robyn
"Satisfactory not startling"
Dissaointed with stay this time . Room of same standard but smaller and closed in . Had asked for a particular room we had 6 weeks before , didn't get it
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Merryl, My apologies you did not get the room you wanted this time around. Please feel free to contact me on your next stay with us and I shall be more than happy to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our Superior Rooms. Sincerely, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
Merryl
It was a great stay, my partner and I enjoyed the accommodation
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Thanks. I look forward to welcoming you again soon. Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Dec 8, 2015
Quiet, comfortable and clean. Handy to the bus. Great breakfast. I noticed there was a sign in the public toilet area to consider other guests and not let the door slam. Attaching a small piece to the door would reduce any noise considerably.Quiet, comfortable oasis.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Hi Margaret, Thanks. I like the word oasis. At ibis Styles Narrabundah we strive to make each guest's stay unique. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
1 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2015
Margaret
"needs a handy person"
The rooms, a two bedroom apartment, needed a handyman to go through and fix things up. The tap in the kitchen was loose and would spin when you went to use it. The door to the main bedroom didn't meet the door frame and couldn't be kept closed.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Craig, I have advised our Maintenance department of your feedback and they will take care of it, thanks. At ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I really appreciate you taking time so we can address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Thanks again. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
1 night family trip Dec 2, 2015
Craig
"Value for Money"
overnighter in Canberra - bit off the beaten path but worth the excursion. Room, facilities and a good breakfast included was good value for money. Staff efficient and helpful - motel I thought I would give a try - if I have another stopover will be first consideration.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Mark, Thanks - our great breakfast reviews just keep coming.. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay - the hotel prides itself on providing excellent service at an affordable price. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Interesting mix of international guests!"
Nice environment around the motel, and quite nice guest area, with buffet and sitting tables, but our family room was a disappointment: So much smaller than it looked in the picture.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah. We are indeed fortunate to be in such a great location, lovely and quiet but located close to Manuka and Kingston. I am sorry however, that the room did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Thanks again for your feedback. Regards Debbie Sheilds Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
Will definitely stay again
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Rachel, Thanks so much. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit. Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager
3 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
rachel
Nice Motel,Conveniant location.Very nice rooms.Good Breakfast.Would stay here again.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Eveline, Thanks for your review. Our rooms are some of the biggest around. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Regards, Debbie Sheilds Guest Experience Manager
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
Eveline
"Was very convenient to where we had to go."
Reception guy was extremely helpful and welcoming.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Thanks Debra, I am so pleased everything went well and I trust the family event was also a success. Thanks so much for taking the time for the feedback, I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next stay with us at ibis Styles Canberra. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager. Ph: 02 6228 0138
Other trip Nov 29, 2015
debra
Nice... Microwave would be a nice addition
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
The staffs and facilities were excellent. However the room was not as comfortable as expected.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, At ibis Styles, your feedback is very important to us.However, you may be pleased to know that we are currently in the process of a refurbishment which will ultimately make a substantial improvement to this aspect. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Regards, Debbie Sheilds Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Nov 24, 2015
"ibis Styles stay."
We had a great three nights stay here. The restaurant was really good and the food was delicious. The staff were friendly whilst remaining professional, and nothing was too hard for them. They made us feel that they cared about us...which was so nice.
Other trip Nov 24, 2015
Edee
"My second review - OK, but needs improving."
This has been my first stay back at Ibis Styles Canberra since my last review. I had been staying else where but on this occasion availability was limited - So I spent three nights here. The GOOD; - Restaurant service has improved - well done. The food from the restaurant is very nice. The staff are helpful and polite. Overall presentation is decent and respectful. The BAD; - The noise from closing doors still echoes throughout the long corridors and interrupts sleep - both from late comers at night and early morning leavers. I sleep with ear plugs and it is still noisy. Not sure what can be done about this but I'd rather pay extra for a good nights sleep elsewhere - Here's a tip, if you must stay - make sure you don't get the rooms closer to the entrances on either wing of the hotel. - 'Cable channels' as advertised on Wotif didn't work for the entire stay … are you steering people to your pay per view movie service? - They now have a convoluted, and in my opinion, a ridiculous system of operating the TV - you now need to use a keyboard and track pad to view TV and change channels … Tried to be all 'fancy pants' and failed. I heard other patrons complain also - just KISS.
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
"room poor condition"
Curtains hanging off rails we had to hold them closed with pegs, exhaust fan not working in bathroom and spare bed falling apart and held together with pieces of wood. Lights were hanging off the wall around pool area, lacking general maintenance not what we paid
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
Kylie
"Reasonable price, good location."
Reasonable price, good location. Hallways grotty, hotel generally in need of an update. Musty smell, attention not paid to detail in room cleaning, However, rooms had everything we needed. Staff very helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble.
Other trip Nov 21, 2015
Jill
"Standard Motel"
There is nothing special about this Motel. The bed was quite hard and the doors in the hallway all slam so sleep is interrupted. We put one of the spare doonas underneath us to cushion the bed a bit.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience at the ibis Styles Canberra. I am sincerely appreciative of this, as it allows for the identification of target areas for improvement. Please accept my genuine apologies that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. It is deeply disappointing to read that you thought our Hotel nothing special. I will be personally discussing your comments regarding the noise with our Engineering Department, to determine how this issue may be rectified and implement processes to do so. Thank you again, for taking the time to comment. I truly hope that you will still consider Ibis Styles Canberra on your next visit to Canberra. Regards, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager.
Other trip Nov 13, 2015
"Good cheap business travel option"
I have stayed at the Ibis before and it is a good cheap option (of which there aren't many in Canberra that are nice, particularly during parliament sitting weeks). Last time I stayed I had to pay for Wi-Fi and now it is free which is just awesome. The rooms are all you need. There is nothing wow about them but really for an overnighter, the bed is comfortable, the bathroom clean and the staff are friendly. I still don't get the delivery fee for in room dining but I am more than happy to go to the dining room, which has improved a lot since my last stay.
Other trip Nov 12, 2015
"Disappointing"
This was the most disappointing Ibis we have experienced. The hotel is very noisy - room doors and carpark entrance doors continually banging throughout the evening, night and very early morning. While the bathroom has been nicely renovated, the corridor and stair carpets were very dirty during our 3 night stay.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, I was deeply concerned to read about the points you had mentioned. I have personally taken this matter up with tour Engineering department to take appropriate action ensuring immediate corrective measures are carried out. We hope that, following our improvements, we may count you among the guests of Ibis hotels, despite your unsatisfactory experience. Once again, we thank you for staying with us and hope to win back your trust. Sincerely yours, Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager Ph: 02 6228 0138
3 night trip Nov 6, 2015
Greg
"Ok"
We were put into a room that had more bedding than required as an 'upgrade' only to find out we were in the 'school block'. Room was uncomfortable, tv was tiny, no appliances provided. When we were moved we were put in a room I'd have happily paid for and recommended. Unfortunately 1st impressions count.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
The staff were very friendly ,service was very good,and can not find any fault with our stay. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ibis.
Response by ibis Styles Canberra
Dear Guest, Thanks so much. Our stay are the backbone of the property and loving what you do always helps. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you are in town. Debbie Sheilds, Guest Experience Manager Ph 02 6228 0138
5 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Peggy
I was expecting something better when i booked this hotel. The pool was not made for swimming. It's really small and it is the direct view of the reception and bar/restaurant, so even if you could swim in it everyone would be looking at you. We stayed for 2 days and our room was not serviced. They apologised, but that didn't fix anything. Arriving to the room after 10 hrs of sightseeing and finding it unserviced was pretty disappointing. Bathroom was a bit dated and not very clean.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"Noisy"
I've stayed here a few times but no longer. The design is such that if there are many patrons coming and going at all hours, it's very noisy with external and room doors banging shut. Conversations by people standing around talking outside in the courtyard or in the corridors is heard in rooms. On this occasion I also had to put up with people banging on other people's doors. Add a hard bed with hard pillows and I've now decided I'm happy to pay extra to go elsewhere to get a good night's sleep.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"On the nose"
It is a tired hotel , that smelt like a open sewer. Staff were great , tried their best.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Terrible, room floor had stains all over it and was wet. Doona covers and curtains were stained. Bar fridge noisy.
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
"Modern building, close to where we wanted to stay,"
Room was outdated and you had to be computer savvy to use the TV. The bed was a disgrace with body fluid stains on the doona. The lounge was old and most uncomfortable. It was not a superior room as we had booked. Poor service at breakfast in the dining area. All in all a most unpleasant experience and we would never recommend nor stay there again. If this is indicative of the standard of rooms recommended by Wotif, I certainly would not use Wotif again. This was suppose to be four star
Other trip Oct 30, 2015