All hotels in Dallas, Texas, United States of America
10584 Luna Rd, Dallas, TX, 75220, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Nasty bathroom"
When we got into the room we used the restroom and there was dust and hair (not ours) on the toilet. Also the shower curtain was moldy and there was a tile loose on the floor. As far as the room the beds were comfortable but I was worried about the cleanliness after seeing the bathroom. In the drawer of the nightstand there was vulgar language painted. Also there was a hot Cheeto on the floor, we didn't take and Cheetos. I highly recommend that the staff focus more on cleanliness.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
T
As good as it will get for the price. Don't expect much. Location of hotel is in the ghetto, so don't leave anything in your car, etc.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Disgusting and unpleasant"
My girlfriend and I needed a last minute place to spend the night in Irving, TX to check out some apartments to move to from out of state. We chose to take a chance on the Tropicana for its price and proximity to our prospective apartments despite some less than stellar reviews. Upon arrival, we regretted that decision. Here's a bit of what we experienced: Checking in took longer than any other place I've stayed at due to outdated technology. Clearly none of the staff care about the service they provide. Our nonsmoking room had clearly been smoked in. The state of the bathroom was disgusting. The shower had not been cleaned. The toilet, minimally so. Facial hair (hopefully) was all over the sink and counter. The floor needed a serious scrubbing. The mini-fridge in the room was covered in grime. Overall, pretty bad. There are only a couple things that weren't so bad. The free wifi provided (though unsecured, don't do any banking here...) was easy to use and rather quick. And the bed, a king in our room, was comfortable and appeared to be the only thing suitably cleaned in the whole place.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Bryan
"Pretty good for 38/night"
I stayed here for two days and was upgraded the first night because the room I paid for wasn't available. Overall, it was decent; the rooms were spacious and clean. Better than expected. My only issue was with the guest representatives, being they were not from this country it was very difficult to understand them and they were a little rude. Small potatoes if you don't have to deal with them that much though.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Good value but has flaws."
Decent room. Would stay again. Price is RIGHT. Has flaws. If mold on shower BUGS you, or less than VERY clean bugs you, BETTER STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. If low cost enables tolerance of condition, then it is OK for you.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Clean, Simple, Affordable - without frills."
Pros: Close to the airport, Close to Downtown Dallas, Close to Freeway for access to Cowboy Stadium. Close to clubs and a great Honky Tonk Dance Hall (Red River). Hotel is older but clean and the staff is quite nice. Hot Coffee all day every day. Approximately 1 Million Cable Channels. Cons: No frills hotel, not a single one. No Pool or Hot Tub. This hotel was perfect for a place to sleep and fairly close to everything. The price point was what brought us in, and I would stay here again.
6 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Troy
"Met our needs."
Stayed a week in town and needed someplace to crash while seeing sights. Met our needs.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
"Cancelled Room"
I arrived at the hotel at 10:30pm as my flight landed late, only to find that they cancelled my reservation. So at 11:00 pm on a Friday night I had to walk from hotel to hotel, in the rain, to find a place to stay. Great way to start my trip and it set the tone for a horrible weekend.
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"Tropicawesome! Love this hotel!"
I love tropicana inn! The people who work there are friendly, great attitude and awesome customer service, you can really tell that they have a genuine interest in making sure they do everything possible to ensure you have the best possible stay. Will be back.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
Jeffrey
"Good but the visiting policy should be reviewed"
The hotel was nice I came in with some friends to travel and have fun in Dallas It is nice for a cheap place but the only problem is that you are not allowed to have visitors after 9pm which is a problem because most friends needed to hangout at this time. It's still a good place to stay but no visitors can come after 9pm. This is the reason I'm giving it a 2/5 on hotel service but overall it's a 4/5 for the money you pay
6 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Jean
"bad place"
Not good at all I just stayed because there were no other openings
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
"no good place to sleep"
It was horrible .. The service was soo bad also tha rooms were so dirty .. They where rude
1 night business trip Jan 1, 2015
"New Years Eve Getaway in Big D"
Ken was the front desk man on duty when we were there for a New Years Eve concert in Dallas. He was very helpful and always had a kind word. Very informative and overall, very helpful! The hotel is a little dated, but for what we needed, a inexpensive place to lay our heads after celebrating New Years Eve, perfect. Would recommend if your looking for a clean room and good service. We had both!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Bruce
"Cheap and moderate to stay"
Clean and Non smoking was fine and front desk also helps all time. Internet facility is well.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Jag
"Poor customer service"
We had an unexpected relative who joined the trip at last moment, not only was i charged additionally but there were no additional rooms to upgrade, which I understood but the way that the associate told me was very unprofessional and rude,he approached me in front of other customers and I felt humiliated by his tone of voice. I of course took his name C.J. and we had no iron out toilet paper in our room.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Christopher
"It was great for the price!"
It was very nice. Cheapest price but great bed and clean room. The night man at the desk was a bit rude but over all a good experience.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
The room smelled bad. There were stains on the sheets and the heater did not work
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Good for the price"
I travel thru out the US and for the price one of the better places I have stayed
2 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Alvin
the room was very nice and clean good condition staff very nice sleep good all night
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
rosita
It was a great stay..would definately stay again.. the only thing the person that checked us in gave us a room that was already occupied..but as soon as we let him know he got us the correct room
Was clean, comfortable and quiet. I liked it. Definitely to be recommended to other customers
"vacation"
the staff was very nice they even let me check in 2 hrs early but the room was dirty the only thing that appeared to be clean was the toilet seat i was not taking any chance so i sprayed everything down
brunet
"Mrs.Brown"
we really enjoyed our selves Thank you.
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
ARTHA
"HORRIBLE HOTEL, DONT DO IT!"
My stay was absolutely horrible, I ended up not staying the full night, when I had booked this hotel for five nights for work. I was greeted by this manager while checking in, he states I only had two nights, I informed him that I could show him the receipt I printed to show that I did purchase and paid for five nights, he stated to me, we don't go by your receipt, and I have you for two nights, he eventually found the hotels receipts of their records for five nights. No apology, I then explained to him that I work at night, and sleep during the day because i am a travel nurse and if he could please not have anyone come into my room during the day. He said no, I went to my room, it was horrible, dirty tub , fridge disgusting, walls nasty, i have bleach spray that would take care of that, i figured i could deal with the environment. I went out to dinner, i came back to the room and my door was wide open, i went to the front desk which was located right around the corner and asked if anyone went into my room, he screamed at me and said it was my fault. I felt, this was it, i already felt unsafe, and i left the hotel.
5 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
"Cheap but clean"
With the price that I paid for our room, the hotel exceeded my expectations. I paid twice the amount for a room somewhere else and that room was half the size as this one. It was clean, newer paint in the bathroom. I was not thrilled with the cigarette smoke in the hallway but they do allow smoking, all I cared about was that it did not smell in the room and it did not. They do not offer a breakfast or Wifi but you also are not paying the higher prices so cost has to be cut from some where. I would stay here again for the price.
3 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
"omg"
The people at the front desk were very rude
3 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
"Hotel ok"
Desk staff were very nice. Hotel is ok for price. Disappointed by no continental breakfast. Free coffee down stairs near desk.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX"
VERY PLEASANT, STAFF FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. YES I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN.ROOM WAS CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE, NO STORES CLOSE BY OTHER THAN THAT IT IS WORTH THE MONEY.
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"great stay"
it was better than i expected reading the reviews i was not looking forward to it but when i arrived i was pleased with the room and the service
2 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"Good hotel"
I like it and its not bad for the price i pay
4 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Yonatan
"Hotel close to concert"
The room was ok, but the shower curtain had mold on the inside of it. The air worked good.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Just what I need"
This hotel is not expensive, but it's comfortable, quiet, clean and I was perfectly happy there. It was a 10 minute walk to the convenience store. I will be going back to Tropicana when I visit Dallas again. This room had exactly what you would get in any hotel room.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
bad location. appears dingy. not even a vending machine in hotel. bed creaks if you move while sleeping. broken tiles in the bathroom.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"C-"
Room was ok. First problem was no mat in bathtub.to prevent falling in tub. Second problem was no continential breakfast. They only serv coffee for free. Third problem after buying Starbucks coffee. Microwave unit too small in room and lobby!
9 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Tyrone
Great location! Bunch of places to eat at with in walking distance. Room was perfect for the price.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Vacation in Dallas"
Vacation in Dallas, was looking for reasonable room with fridge. This fit the bill.
6 night family trip Oct 14, 2014
"Eh, just ok"
We only needed to stay here one night as we were passing through town. Thank goodness it was only one night. The room was old, the bed was saggy and tired, the walls looked stained and the fridge was so squeaky and loud when it's motor turned on that I thought it was going to jump out and eat me. Literally the thing had a mind of its own and kept me up half the night. On the plus side, the front desk staff was VERY nice, extremely efficient and helpful, and the hotel was QUIET (except the fridge of course). Overall, as a "just passing through" place to lay your head for one night, it wasn't bad. Would I stay there again? Maybe. For the right price. You definitely get what you pay for.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Donny
"Near irving convention center"
Literally 5 min away from Irving Convention center, near fast food location, Target, vegetarian location, wal-mart, Walgreen s.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Maggie
"Meh."
I stayed her for a professional conference. The person at the hotel asked me for my licence plate number which was weird. In addition, he asked me if I was there to "party." I don't think that's any of his business. He also informed me if he saw a dog or any visitors in my room he would call the police, now questions asked. The light also went out in the morning before I left for 2 minutes. I would recommend this hotel for a 1 night stay and if you're only going to sleep and shower there. You do not want to spend anymore time at this hotel than you have to.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Clean and affordable place to sleep"
I'm giving this place five stars because it met all the reasonable expectations I had going in to it. Simply put; the room was clean and affordable. It's close to the airport and easy to get to. I would go back again.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"NIGHT CLERK FRIENDLY & HELPFUL"
NIGHT CLERK VERY FRIENDLY & HELPFUL.GOT LOST ON WAY TO MOTEL.CJ STAYED ON PHONE AND GAVE US DIRECTIONS UNTIL WE REACHED MOTEL & GAVE US WRITTEN DIRECTIONS TO OUR DESTINATION THE NEXT DAY.HARD TO FIND MOTEL.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
"Great value for price"
Would definitely stay here again.. Updated rooms.. Quiet.. For the price can't complain at all
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
becky
"Nice and Clean"
Nice clean hotel for the price!! Very friendly, helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
"Inexpensive Respite in Big City"
Definitely better than expected at this price. Easy access to car for unloading, large room with big desk & couch, had to go to lobby for coffee (bad) and no clock in room (?) though.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Miles
"Worst place ever!"
Staff was SUPER RUDE! Talked to us like we were stupid and with the worst attitude. Rooms WERENT all that great. The restroom fan was falling off, towels were dirty, and very rough.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"so far so good"
Cheap, nothing big but comfort. its a good place for travelers
8 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Went to the game"
The hotel itself was kinda in the middle of no where...The only good thing about the stay was the liquor store across the street. Go Niners!!
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Karis
"Nice place to stay for the price!"
We stayed over labor day weekend and it was not bad for the price we paid.. Sure, the furniture is out dated but the beds were comfy and there was a small fridge in our room. Overall room was clean.. Hotel service was nice and made us feel welcomed. The neighborhood is a little sketchy, there are strip clubs everywhere but once u get past that, it is easy access to interstate 35E to head downtown.. We would stay again!
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Gina
"Good 4 the $"
For the price it was good. The room had a funky smell and lots of burn marks in the carpet. It was clean though. Located by 3 giant liquor stores and two strip clubs lol. Not the best area but I did not feel unsafe. Would probably stay there again because the price was so cheap and it was clean enough.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Not as good the second time"
Second time staying here, 1st they gave our room that we booked away, so we had to settle for something else. The room was not clean at all, bed was hard, no clock or tv channel guide, only 2 towels for a jacuzzi room, not impressed this time, probably won't stay again.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014