All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Keizersgracht 164, Amsterdam, 1015 CZ, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.9
"Check out the Fabulous Toren"
Fabulous!! would stay again and recommend to others! Beyond friendly staff and owners are on top of things..
7 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
"Wonderful ideally situated boutique hotel."
Our family stayed 3 nights between Christmas 2015 and New Year in a 'triple room'. Firstly, the location was ideal and it is hard to imagine it being improved upon. The hotel is within 2-3 minutes walk of the Anne Frank Huis and 10 minutes of Dam Square. We could walk to the far side of the canal zone in 45 minutes so everywhere in central Amsterdam was walkable without planning. The canal setting is quiet and well positioned for restaurants and shops without feeling too touristy. The hotel is kept spotless. We were in the annex, which is another property 5-6 doors down from the main hotel building. The annex was of the same quality and upkeep as the main hotel and if anything would be preferable because of the greater seclusion. Our room was a true triple room with a single bed (not a folding or roll-out bed) provided for the 3rd guest (our 13yo daughter). Finding a 'real' bed was greatly appreciated as most hotels provide a rickety temporary bed which our daughter usually finds uncomfortable. Of course, the room was immaculate with a more than generously sized bathroom with a tub, tub-shower, and wall shower provided. Ample water flow - none of the drip-drip-drip flow-restrictors here! We have already recommended this hotel to our friends who will be visiting Amsterdam in the 2016 summer and would attempt to stay here again ourselves when we return to Amsterdam.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
"A gem in Amsterdam"
The Toren was fantastic. The bar is gorgeous and the room decor decadent. All luxury amenities were included. The location is lovely with great views and a quick walk to all the action or a tram stop at the top of the block. The staff went out of their way to find us tickets and give us great information.
4 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
"Amsterdam"
Loved this hotel, stayed here for my birthday. Never stayed in a room with so much personality! Loved it. Best bed in Europe.
2 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
Beautiful hotel and very attentive hotel staff in all regards.
3 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"Could not have been better"
From the reservation process, to the check in, the room/hotel itself, the staff, cleanliness, the location...I really cannot say enough good things about this place. We loved walking around Amsterdam and taking in all that it had to offer but some of our favorite memories were of enjoying the hotel. We choose a canal view room with the large tub. We enjoyed opening up the windows and letting the fresh air blow into the room while watching the canal boats go by. The shower & bath tub was the best I have ever been in! You have different water massage options, can pick the color of the light that shines in the tub, and we fit perfectly (both of us over 6 ft. tall). We used the shower/bath gel provided to create large bubbles for the bath.I always bring my own shampoo/etc. because I prefer my own, but theirs was so good I actually used what the hotel had provided.The sheets and bedding were soft and comfy. The coffee machine in the room was complimentary and was high end. Throughout our entire stay they surprised us with many different treats as we were celebrating our honeymoon.The maid service was second to none.You can have the most beautiful hotel, but without the hospitable staff it would not have been the same. Julius gave us great information at check in that helped us decide what to do and where to go throughout our stay. Marin was our main man that took exceptional care of us from showing us the room, taking care at breakfast, and providing a top notch experience.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
Amber
"The Best in Amsterdam"
The absolute best that Amsterdam has to offer. I have stayed in many hotels in Amsterdam over the years and The Toren is in a class by itself. My family stays there often and recommended it to me. My only regret is I never stayed there before now!!! The Royal suite was amazing... 6 out of 5 stars!!!
1 night trip Oct 29, 2015
"Helpful staff"
Wonderful small hotel in a great quiet scenic neighborhood location where you can walk to great restaurants or bars. The staff was eager to please and very friendly. I had lost my cell phone and Roxanne at the front desk could not have been more helpful with letting me make a few important calls at the front desk at no charge and letting me use the guest laptop in the lobby. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again without hesitation.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2015
"Great location with amazing service"
Any qualms I mention are completely overridden by the service quality at this hotel. In short, you should stay here if you are staying in Amsterdam. The rooms, depending on what you book, can be quite small. However they were exceptionally clean within a unique, historic setting. Location was perfect and we walked to most shops and restaurants, other times we caught the tram from two blocks away.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
A unique comfortable sexy Hotel in walking distance to everywhere. The staff's recommendations on places to go and things to do where excellent. The room was comfortable and well appointed, we would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
Anna
"Toren is fantastic"
Relaxing getaway. Fantastic hotel. Unbeatable location
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
robert
"Well located Amsterdam gem!"
I found this hotel when reviewing the Canal Hotel located a few doors down which was recommended by a friend. I noted that the Toren was frequently mentioned so I checked it out. The reviews all seemed more positive so I booked it. My wife and I were very happy with our choice and would stay there again without reservation. The facility is well located, around the corner from the Ann Frank house, 10 minute easy walk from the central train station which allows for simple transfer from the airport, and well situated with regard to restaraunts, cafes, pubs and the red light district. The staff were amazingly guest oriented being both polite and readily helpful. When I checked in, the reception staff without asking pulled out maps circling key points of interest and offered ideas for sightseeing and dining. When I was brought to the room the bellman reviewed all the key features. The room was quite charming charming with a modern twist. Decor was in the reds / blacks / silver range and very well done. Everything appeared to be well maintained and clean. Water temperature control and room air worked well. The wifi was strong without any issues during our stay. If I had to find anything negative to say, I would ask for a few more of the english channels on the cable for the minimal time we were in the room, and I would suggest that they consider adding a little more variety to the breakfast buffet which was really quite nice. Overall, wonderful place to stay!
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Mitch
"Great service and location"
Great location, small rooms, skip the breakfast
4 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Anne
"A superb hotel in Amsterdam!"
The management and staff of The Toren were the most customer-focused, truly caring staff my friends and I have ever encountered. Not only is the Hotel exquisite in every way (decor of the breakfast room/bar,room amenities, cleanliness), but its central "Jordan" location is superb, a canal hotel very near to the Anne Frank House. Our only issue was as 3 women friends who were booked into a small double room (not by the Toren, but through an external website) which was small for 2, but tiny for 3. There were no other rooms to be found at the time in Amsterdam, so the staff of the Toren rearranged the room to accommodate us. Every staff member from the reception staff, to the breakfast servers, to the Guest Manager checked in with us daily to ensure that we were as satisfied as we could be with the room situation, and offered us breakfast, drinks and whatever they could to ensure that our stay was as pleasant as could be. If we return to Amsterdam, we all would stay there again. It is a memorable place!
4 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2015
Wendy
"Perfection"
We have traveled extensively and The Toren was the best hotel experience that we have ever had. The building, a 17th century townhouse was exquisite. The location, on a canal in a charming district accessible to all of the major sightseeing venues, was perfect. But perhaps the most outstanding thing about the Toren was the staff. We have never encountered a more accommodating professional staff. From restaurant recommendations to providing directions and even arranging an anniversary celebration for us at a local restaurant, the staff was wonderful...We hope to return some day. We would highly recommend The Toren
6 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
GERALD
"A touch of class"
Wonderful hotel with outstanding service. Room was too small for 3 people but our stay was otherwise very enjoyable. Would highly recommend.
3 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2015
Arlene
"Outstanding hotel!"
I travel a great deal for both business and pleasure – I’ve even accumulated enough points to be an Expedia VIP for several years running. This is the first time I’ve given any hotel a “5 Star” review. It’s got great staff, lovely rooms and facilities plus a superb location. Although there was a problem with our reservations when we arrived, they sorted out everything perfectly. Things sometimes go wrong even at the best places but the test of a good team is how they solve the problem. Again hats off to The Toren. I recommend it very highly!
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Wonderful, wonderful!!!"
Wonderful full service hotel! Reception desk was exceptionally warm and helpful. Great room even though it was in the annex and small, still very lux. This hotel has everything, great breakfast, a great bar, wonderful staff who seemed to know us even over a 2 night stay!
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Great honeymoon stay"
We were on our honeymoon and finished up in Amsterdam. Toren is super convenient to everything. We walked a lot and took the commuter tram to the museum. The hotel offered suggestions to various restaurants. Breakfast is free the first day and had most everything you could want. The staff is very pleasant and helpful and service oriented. They also gave a complimentary drink in their bar. We stayed in The cottage which worked out great. Very comfy bed with enough space. The roof over part of the cottage was translucent white that allowed natural light in the room. The outside sitting area was very nice as well. if the weather cooperates and doesn't rain. Overall it was a wonderful place to stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Wow! If it is available, grab it!"
This is as good as it gets in Amsterdam. It is located on a nice residential canal street and is in two renovated canal houses that are about 5 doors apart. I was in the extension house and was not happy about it at check in. It turns out that it is where I would actually prefer to be. Less people and feels more residential and long term, yet has all the benefits and services of the main bldg. There really is a focus and attention to providing a good experience for travelers. The location is outstanding! Look at it on a map, it is exactly as close as you want to be. Any closer and it is too loud and sketchy. Perfect everything, really cant wait to go back. I am a world traveler and never write reviews, but this one is that good!
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Beautiful and stylish boutique hotel"
Beautiful hotel. Very stylish. Super helpful staff. Loved it.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
Ronald
"Well worth the price."
Our stay at the Toren literally could not have been more pleasant. The staff (especially Julius at the front desk) was as professional and courteous as possible. My girlfriend and I were surprised at how well we were treated there, and our room was like a page out of a romantic movie. Will definitely be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Alex
"best hotel experience ever"
When we tell friends about our recent visit to Amsterdam we tell them we loved the city and our hotel, The Toren, was excellent. Everything about The Toren contributed to making our stay in Amsterdam a wonderful experience. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. They were persistent in securing reservations for us at restaurants we were most interest in.even when reservations at first were unavailable. Each member of the staff was very thoughtful and went out of their way to insure that our stay would be perfect. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The champagne cocktails at the bar were amazing..
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Couldn't have been more perfect!"
From the moment we walked in til the moment we left the experience was first class at the way. Staff is phenonemal - the welcoming and attentiveness is just superb. The room beautiful, clean, and comfortable...breakfast buffet is incomparably delicious. Can't say enough about our time there. We will always come back to this beautiful, first rate hotel THANK YOU FOR A PERFECT STAY. (Kudos to Roxanne, Sarah, Julius, Sebastian, Kevin and the rest of the hotel staff we met but don't remember all the names.)
3 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Ruth
Service was exceptional. My friend and I got back to the hotel at 4 am and tried to order room service. However, room service was not available at 4 am. Regardless, the concierge had simple cheese and salami sandwiches made and sent up to us. The rooms were beautifully set up and very unique. Everyone was friendly and always available to help. I would definitely recommended the toren and would return to this hotel.
3 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2015
"We'll Always Remember the Toren"
Staying at the Toren would have been a highlight of our vacation in the Netherlands no matter what the circumstances. The room was spacious, deeply comfortable, and had a beautiful view, and the breakfast was so amazing that I spent more time texting friends about what I was eating than about what I was seeing in Amsterdam. But what made the Toren a truly unforgettable experience was its amazing staff. I learned just how amazing they were the moment I began to check in and realized my wallet had been stolen and all my money and credit cards were gone. The people at the desk cheerfully quizzed me about everyplace I'd been in the preceding days and called hotels and restaurants on my behalf. They worked with me to figure out a way to get money to survive on for the following few days, and they recommended a restaurant a few blocks away for lunch that had the best apple cake in Amsterdam where my husband and I were able to have a lovely lunch for ten euros. The efficiency, good cheer, and downright human decency of the staff of the Toren that turned an experience that could have ruined our vacation into a life-affirming moment. Three cheers for the Toren!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Lucia
"Best Hotel in Amsterdam"
This was my first trip to Amsterdam and I am so glad that I stayed at The Toren. The staff at the hotel was extremely accommodating and the rooms where very comfortable. Also, the location was fantastic. I definitely want to make it back out to Amsterdam and will be staying at The Toren again.
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Pedro
"Best Hotel in 14 day Euro trip"
This place has it all. Location- Nice neighborhood, walk-able to all of the main attractions. Service- Amazing! restaurant recommendations, delicious breakfast included in our reservation and a hip little bar with great G&T's. Rooms- Small but very nice (spa like bathroom). I will take nice over space any day of the week. We will be back.
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Crystal
"Great Staff"
Great location and wonderfull staff. We loved the hotel.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Les
"Dutch Treat"
Fantastic location, lovely boutique hotel with splendid employees and a couple of very good bartenders. Some of the best cocktails I have ever had. No restaurant, but they do have a very nice continental breakfast so you won't have to leave the hotel hungry in the morning. Our room was very chic and we lacked for nothing. Stay here and treat yourself.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Michael Alan
"Nice hotel, great location"
Close to Anne Frank house and canal tour boats. Air conditioning was greatly appreciated as the temperature neared 100 (a rare event in Amsterdam!
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Loved The Toren"
This was my first trip to Amsterdam, and I loved staying at the Toren! The location was perfect and the staff was great, from the customer service people to the front desk to the bell staff to the bartenders! Quiet, clean comfortable room and a great value! Thanks, Toren! Jim Miller
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Excelent!!! Very good location on a quite area!!! Recommended
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Great hotel, location not exactly where I wanted"
This was a very cool little hotel off one of the main canals on the westside. We really enjoyed our stay here. Two things you could improve on when booking a hotel in Amsterdam: 1.) Size of the room 2.) Location. The rooms at The Toren are pretty tight, but VERY nice. You just don't have a whole lot of space. As far as the location, I was a first timer in Amsterdam and I found navigating from here a little tricky at first. To find the things I wanted to find, it took a while. I also stayed at The Banks Mansion later that week and found the rooms to be bigger and the location to be much more centralized for everything that's going on. Then again I wanted to be where the action was. If you prefer to be in a little less crazy of a neighborhood, The Toren is more suitable. I really liked The Toren, but to be honest I like The Banks Mansion a little more. Still a great stay and a very friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Patrick
"Charming boutique hotel in Amsterdam"
Charming hotel pretty close to all of the action in Amsterdam. The staff could not have been friendlier. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Nathan
The room was comfy. Like any hotel in the world, if you want a larger room, you have to pay for it. We were content with size of the room based upon value paid. We were favorably astounded by the quality of the property.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"As perfect as a hotel can be"
This is one of the top 5 hotels I have ever stayed in. The owner is deeply involved in the hotel and cares about his guests and this is reflected in the staff's attention to guests, their needs, and their happiness. There is nothing the staff will not do for a guest to make their stay the best it can possibly be. The hotel itself is great, the rooms are perfectly decorated and appointed, the hotel is a 10-20 minute walk from most of the canal zone and it's attractions and a 3 minute walk from a tram stop for any further destinations. Breakfast was very good. The midday menu has some great options when you need to take a break. Dinner is somewhat limited on purpose, but the options are very good should you choose to not wander to any of the excellent nearby cafes.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Found it! Fantastic boutique hotel in AMS!"
We go to AMS twice a year and have stayed in several hotels in the canal ring area, but The Toren is , by far, the most charming, the friendliest and the most professional. It's funky without being stuffy, and very well located. Even the basic rooms are roomier than other hotels. We highly recommend it!
Other trip May 21, 2015
Humberto
"What a lovely hotel!"
One of the nicest experiences I've ever had a hotel. The Toren is in truly prime location--the middle of a three canal strip of cafes, museums, and coffee shops. Not far from shopping, transportation, or really anything. I would recommend the Toren without any hesitation. We are so appreciative of the service and generosity of the staff at the Toren, especially Esmey :-)
4 night family trip May 13, 2015
Ariel
"Dad and two daughters European vaction"
Great location clean and quiet. Nice having three real beds. Hotel staff was very helpful and offered exceptional service. Wonderful surprise given a free breakfast on first day. Thanks for a great kick off to 11 day European trip, you set the bar high.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Mike, Amy, Sara
"If i could give them 6 + stars i would"
This is possibly one of the warmest hotels i have ever stayed in. I travel for work internationally two weeks of every month for the past few (too many) years. There is no need for a Concierge since everyone at the hotel is so helpful in helping you plan your day. Quick to suggest places to see and tips on how to get there. I feel like everyone had a map in their back pocket. Just after the first day everyone knew our names. The hotel decor is cozy and lush, something you don't find in the Ikea inspired "modern" hotels. I don't usually recommend the hotel breakfast, but in this case it's a must. Well assorted with excellent coffee and time (with help) to plan your day. The rooms are perfectly balanced with sitting area, comfortable bed and small table and the bathrooms would revival any luxury home.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Mercedes
"Beautiful Little Boutique Hotel"
The staff at the hotel went out of their way to help us with a problem we had with a dishonest taxi driver, including filing a police report and even refunding the overage we were charged, at Mr. Toren's insistence--even though it was strictly our problem.. this is the kind of service you never forget! They just said "We don't want to have anything spoil our guests' stay." Besides that, the hotel was lovely and well-located, and the breakfast was delicious. We will definitely return.
Other trip May 3, 2015
We were here for our honeymoon and the Toren was great. It has a great atmosphere and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with everything. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Amsterdam.
3 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
"The Toren"
The Toren is a lovely hotel, well-located, charming, with wonderful service. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly to others!
3 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great Stay at The Toren!"
We stayed at The Toren for one night after a business trip in April 2015. The staff was very attentive. We were treated like gold in every encounter with them. W were given 2 free drinks at the bar as well as free breakfast. The hotel is beautiful! definitely not your run of the mill type of hotel chain. The décor is original and fresh. It's conveniently located next to the Anne Frank house and is with in walking distance to restaurants and the red light district. We will come back next time we are in Amsterdam!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"TOREN HOTEL, Amsterdam is Six-Star!"
I'm hesitant to recommend this hotel because there were already too many noisy Americans (I hope not like me.) staying there, but this is one of the very best hotels we've ever stayed in after many, many trips to western Europe. Service unparalleled. Bathroom size: Excellent. Cleanliness: First Rate. Excellent breakfast buffet. Not huge, but plenty large enough. Very cozy bar. We stayed in the annex and it was fine.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Stan
"If only there were SIX on the rating scale!"
We stayed at the Toren in April for two nights and it stands out as one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. The property is everything that you dream of when you think of Amsterdam. Its location is picturesque and perfect for exploring the rest of the city and transportation links. When we stepped into the foyer we were immediately struck by the opulence and that feeling of luxury and warmth carried through from the check in desk to the bar to the halls to our room. It felt like being in the most luxurious of private homes with the efficiency of a finely honed business. The staff absolutely meets up to the high expectation the property sets; they are warm, super efficient and anticipate every need of the guest. At every opportunity, we were greeted enthusiastically without any hovering. We spent an evening in the bar/lounge area having drinks and then a late evening snack and I have never felt as comfortable in any hotel public space. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had a high standard of choices and delicious coffee. We were struck also by the really reasonable prices for food, drink and mini bar options; unlike most properties there were no super inflated prices here. Our room (106) was extremely comfortable, only one of two on the ground floor leading out to the back court yard and containing every amenity imaginable. Just an outstanding experience overall and we wished we had stayed an entire week instead of 3 days. This property is worth
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Yvette and Paul
"It doesn't get much better than this!"
My stay was wonderful. The staff was welcoming and my room was quite comfortable. This intimate hotel comes highly recommended.
2 night trip Mar 30, 2015
KD
"Exceeds Expectations in All Ways"
We stayed at the Toren with our two small children (ages 5 and 3). We can't say enough good things about the hotel. The location is within walking distance of most major Amsterdam landmarks (just blocks from the Anne Frank House) and yet feels discreetly tucked away in a more residential setting. The rooms are comfortable and relatively spacious for a historic row home sitting right on a canal. The bathrooms are luxurious and absolutely spotless. The breakfast spread in the morning was one of the highlights of every day. Finally, the staff truly goes out of its way to ensure that you have a wonderful and memorable experience. For example, we had informed the staff that our daughter's birthday was taking place during out stay. They had birthday balloons, chocolates, and sparkling cider brought to our room (for free) to help us celebrate.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Luke
An amazing place to stay. We were promoted to the Royal Room. Everything was amazing. The room is very large; the bed is very comfortable; the SPA is great; the bar is good and there is a free drink.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015