All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Keizersgracht 164, Amsterdam, 1015 CZ, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
    4.9
"Best Hotel in 14 day Euro trip"
This place has it all. Location- Nice neighborhood, walk-able to all of the main attractions. Service- Amazing! restaurant recommendations, delicious breakfast included in our reservation and a hip little bar with great G&T's. Rooms- Small but very nice (spa like bathroom). I will take nice over space any day of the week. We will be back.
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Crystal
"Dutch Treat"
Fantastic location, lovely boutique hotel with splendid employees and a couple of very good bartenders. Some of the best cocktails I have ever had. No restaurant, but they do have a very nice continental breakfast so you won't have to leave the hotel hungry in the morning. Our room was very chic and we lacked for nothing. Stay here and treat yourself.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Michael Alan
"Great hotel, location not exactly where I wanted"
This was a very cool little hotel off one of the main canals on the westside. We really enjoyed our stay here. Two things you could improve on when booking a hotel in Amsterdam: 1.) Size of the room 2.) Location. The rooms at The Toren are pretty tight, but VERY nice. You just don't have a whole lot of space. As far as the location, I was a first timer in Amsterdam and I found navigating from here a little tricky at first. To find the things I wanted to find, it took a while. I also stayed at The Banks Mansion later that week and found the rooms to be bigger and the location to be much more centralized for everything that's going on. Then again I wanted to be where the action was. If you prefer to be in a little less crazy of a neighborhood, The Toren is more suitable. I really liked The Toren, but to be honest I like The Banks Mansion a little more. Still a great stay and a very friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Patrick
"Charming boutique hotel in Amsterdam"
Charming hotel pretty close to all of the action in Amsterdam. The staff could not have been friendlier. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Nathan
"What a lovely hotel!"
One of the nicest experiences I've ever had a hotel. The Toren is in truly prime location--the middle of a three canal strip of cafes, museums, and coffee shops. Not far from shopping, transportation, or really anything. I would recommend the Toren without any hesitation. We are so appreciative of the service and generosity of the staff at the Toren, especially Esmey :-)
4 night family trip May 13, 2015
Ariel
We were here for our honeymoon and the Toren was great. It has a great atmosphere and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with everything. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Amsterdam.
3 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
"The Toren"
The Toren is a lovely hotel, well-located, charming, with wonderful service. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly to others!
3 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great Stay at The Toren!"
We stayed at The Toren for one night after a business trip in April 2015. The staff was very attentive. We were treated like gold in every encounter with them. W were given 2 free drinks at the bar as well as free breakfast. The hotel is beautiful! definitely not your run of the mill type of hotel chain. The décor is original and fresh. It's conveniently located next to the Anne Frank house and is with in walking distance to restaurants and the red light district. We will come back next time we are in Amsterdam!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"TOREN HOTEL, Amsterdam is Six-Star!"
I'm hesitant to recommend this hotel because there were already too many noisy Americans (I hope not like me.) staying there, but this is one of the very best hotels we've ever stayed in after many, many trips to western Europe. Service unparalleled. Bathroom size: Excellent. Cleanliness: First Rate. Excellent breakfast buffet. Not huge, but plenty large enough. Very cozy bar. We stayed in the annex and it was fine.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Stan
"If only there were SIX on the rating scale!"
We stayed at the Toren in April for two nights and it stands out as one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. The property is everything that you dream of when you think of Amsterdam. Its location is picturesque and perfect for exploring the rest of the city and transportation links. When we stepped into the foyer we were immediately struck by the opulence and that feeling of luxury and warmth carried through from the check in desk to the bar to the halls to our room. It felt like being in the most luxurious of private homes with the efficiency of a finely honed business. The staff absolutely meets up to the high expectation the property sets; they are warm, super efficient and anticipate every need of the guest. At every opportunity, we were greeted enthusiastically without any hovering. We spent an evening in the bar/lounge area having drinks and then a late evening snack and I have never felt as comfortable in any hotel public space. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had a high standard of choices and delicious coffee. We were struck also by the really reasonable prices for food, drink and mini bar options; unlike most properties there were no super inflated prices here. Our room (106) was extremely comfortable, only one of two on the ground floor leading out to the back court yard and containing every amenity imaginable. Just an outstanding experience overall and we wished we had stayed an entire week instead of 3 days. This property is worth
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Yvette and Paul
"It doesn't get much better than this!"
My stay was wonderful. The staff was welcoming and my room was quite comfortable. This intimate hotel comes highly recommended.
2 night trip Mar 30, 2015
KD
"Exceeds Expectations in All Ways"
We stayed at the Toren with our two small children (ages 5 and 3). We can't say enough good things about the hotel. The location is within walking distance of most major Amsterdam landmarks (just blocks from the Anne Frank House) and yet feels discreetly tucked away in a more residential setting. The rooms are comfortable and relatively spacious for a historic row home sitting right on a canal. The bathrooms are luxurious and absolutely spotless. The breakfast spread in the morning was one of the highlights of every day. Finally, the staff truly goes out of its way to ensure that you have a wonderful and memorable experience. For example, we had informed the staff that our daughter's birthday was taking place during out stay. They had birthday balloons, chocolates, and sparkling cider brought to our room (for free) to help us celebrate.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Luke
An amazing place to stay. We were promoted to the Royal Room. Everything was amazing. The room is very large; the bed is very comfortable; the SPA is great; the bar is good and there is a free drink.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Wonderful Toren"
Staff is amazing and the hotel has a great location and wonderful amenities.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2015
Excellent base for a visit to Amsterdam, beautiful and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Nicest hotel we stayed in on our trip (Paris, London, Belgium, Germany, Italy, and of course the Netherlands). Worth every penny. Location is walking distance to everything. Staff is the nicest group of people we met out off all the countries above. Room was beautiful....................................................
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Wonderful hotel!"
Delightful stay with strawberries and chocolates to greet us in our room. Very nice and helpful staff.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
LA woman
"Perfect Hotel"
My wife and I just finished a week long stay at the Toren and we could not have been more pleased with our selection. The staff is polite and helpful the rooms are very comfortable and the location is perfect. It does not feel like a hotel at all it kinda feels like your staying at a wealthy distant relative's house . Just make sure you get a room with the jetted tubs !!! Trust me Ohh and a couple blocks behind the hotel is a café called Winkel 43 , go there get a slice of dutch apple pie , thank me later !!!!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Ed&Anna
"Absolutely go to this hotel"
5 star experience. Great neighborhood probably best in the whole city, yet central to everything fun, just a block or two away to also feel like a nice getaway from the busy parts of the city. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
6 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Gregory
"Short and sweet stay."
Short stay grate service . Will return next year for pleasure.
2 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
"Love, Love, Love"
I loved this place! It's within walking distance to everything, but not in the middle of crowds. The atmosphere is exciting and over the top. Sexy, Victorian. Strongly recommended for couples. The bar and hotel staff were beyond helpful too!
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Renee
"Fantastic place to stay.."
Place was great. Everyone at The Toren was extremely nice. the service and hospitality quaint and very personal. When you speak with anyone there, they really care and want you be have a wonderful time while in Amsterdam.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Beautiful hotel on a canal."
Welcoming attentive staff, clean luxurious rooms. Hotel situated in upper canal. Lovely area, close to sites, delicious restaurants and great area for long leisurely walks.
Denise
"The friendliest most helpful staff ever!"
We were on a long trip visiting many countries in over 40 days. This hotel was by far the most exceptional hotel we have stayed in. Not only were the amenities above call, the room large and comfy, the bed heavenly, the location perfect but the staff was beyond accommodating! They greeted everyone with a beautiful smile, asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay more perfect and daily asked us how our room was and if there was anything that needed their attention. Bravo also to the owners of this property who care enough to hire staff who are not only competent but gracious, happy and friendly people! We'd stay with them anytime!!
4 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Cynthia
"BEWARE THIS MONEY TRAP! Please go elsewhere."
The hotel is THE most expensive place on earth. Many extra hidden charges. The worst place you could possibly stay! Simply not worth it!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Russell
"Delightful and Friendly Hotel"
My husband and I found the hotel through Travel Advisor. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We would recommend this hotel to everyone who likes a smaller boutique hotel with an elegant décor.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Charming boutique hotel in a perfect location"
My husband and I spent three nights at The Toren and could not be happier with our choice. We found our room (119) to be quite comfortable and especially loved the view of the canal. The location is superb...in the Jordaan neighborhood which has many cafes and restaurants. Was right around the corner from the Anne Frank house, but not a touristy neighborhood. Easy walk to public transportation. The staff was fantastic, they were all extremely friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast buffet each morning. We would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
"Great boutique hotel near the Jordaan"
Loved our stay at The Toren. First of all, its in my favorite part of the city, so that is a bonus. Near the Jordaan and right on a canal. We had room 404 in the annex. The room was large, but much of the space was taken by a jacuzzi. The toilet and shower were both quite small. Those are my only complaints. The bed was great and comfortable, and we had a door to a cozy courtyard that was shared with only one other room. Really enjoyable. The annex was just about 5 houses down from the main hotel, so no issues there. Breakfast was served in the bar area, which is absolutely stunning. We had to have a drink in the bar area before dinner. The hotel staff was great and very helpful with train times, bus connections, tickets, etc. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
andrew
"Everyone made us feel so welcome and special!"
Hotel Toren is a must for a wonderful experience in Amsterdam. The staff is very attentive, friendly and helpful. The location is fabulous for restaurants, sight-seeing, and a beautiful neighborhood. We wanted to get the feel of the city so we really appreciated the small boutique hotel. The hotel and staff exceeded our expectations.
3 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
Katharine
Everything was grand. Friendly helpful staff and lovely bar and breakfast. Beautiful room.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Romance on the canal"
The Toren hotel was far beyond my expectations. The staff and owner were so considerate of my needs and saw to it that I had everything I would need to make my stay in Amsterdam more pleasurable. From the plush bedding to the charming garden, the kindness of the reception staff and bartenders, to housekeeping and porters, all at the Toren oversaw from the time I awoke till the time I returned from a fabulous city tour my happiness was their major priority. Toren is the place to stay when in Amsterdam.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Beverly
"Awesome Experience"
Friendly staff, great brunch, a bike rental and a sunny late-summer afternoon that made one of my happier memories in Europe. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"Amazing boutique hotel"
The interior of the hotel is absolutely beautiful. It's in a great location and the staff is very helpful.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Luxury on the canals"
Large room with a real king bed, soaking tub and view of the canal. Easy walk (or bike) to anyplace. Desk staff terrific with a well curated set of recommendations. Nice breakfast. While not cheap, a good value in that area
4 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"WOW!"
we checked in and the room wasnt ready so they offered us to enjoy the breakfeast buffet! who does that ?great service,location and room on the canal
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
clint
"Fantastic location and experience"
My husband and I recently traveled to Amsterdam to join a cruise. We arrived early for our trip and stayed at The Toren. We selected The Toren after reviewing extremely positive traveler feedback on Trip Advisor. We are so glad we did. Great location! Beautiful, eclectic hotel! Would totally stay at The Toren again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Shaunna
"Best service ever"
The location in amazing. Everyone was a big help. All of the receptionist and bartenders are really friendly there. They gave very good recommendations on places to go and see. They also ordered our tickets for museums and saved us a long wait in lines. We will definitely be coming back .
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2014
Breanna
"Quaint like a B&B - Fantastic Rooms"
Cannot say enough about this hotel. Was very comfortable, convenient to central Amsterdam. Rooms nicer than a hotel 3 blocks away at half the rate.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Alan
"Very elegant hotel"
From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed and comforted. Even though we were 3 hours before check-in time they promised to have our room ready as soon as possible, and invited us to have complimentary (i.e free) welcoming drinks in their well stocked cocktail bar. We did! Our room was ready before we even finished our drinks and the rest of the stay was just as perfectly effortless. The staff was friendly, attentive without seeming to try too hard to please, and whenever we left or returned we were always welcomed as old friends. I always judge every business by the contentedness of the staff, and I'm sure this is a well run and well treated staff. I would recommend this hotel unequivocally.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Rob
"Great boutique hotel in Amsterdam"
I had to pick a hotel in Amsterdam for a one-night stopover and relied on online reviews to do so. The Toren kept showing up among the top hotels. I'm very glad I chose to stay there. It's a cool boutique hotel in a great location with extremely courteous and helpful staff. I would gladly stay there again.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"The perfect stay!"
My wife and I visited Amsterdam for the first time in August 2014 and had the best experience at The Toren. The hotel was very cool and the staff was the best we've experienced. They upgraded our room and provided one morning's breakfast for free without us even asking. We'll stay there every time we visit Amsterdam.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Adam
"Our stay at The Toren"
Staff were very accomodating and friendly. Customer service is obviously a priority there. Very nice accommodations. Air conditioning was fabulous since weather was warm and humid. Bar tender went above and beyond making us food late one night when we were starving.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Experiened wor
"Your home away from home in Amsterdam"
My family and I enjoyed every second of our stay in The Toren. The hotel staff were warm, efficient and professional. Handled all of our questions and needs very well. Their recommendations were right on target. Special mention goes to Sebastian, the bartender. Very entertaining and knowledgeable about the Amsterdam scene. Besides, he prepares the best mojitos ever! We had a beautiful (and very comfortable) room overlooking the canal: clean, good size, with high quality amenities (including a computer in the room for web browsing). What a comfortable bed!!!! Also, the hotel is close to public transportation. Overall, The Toren is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Its a jewel! Highly recommend it.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
The Delgado's
"Fantastic"
The hotel is terrific, beautiful and the staff are beyond description. SO helpful and kind. I stayed in two rooms. The first was very small and the second was larger. The first one was just a little too small to be really comfortable but the staff later put me in the next larger one. The location, ambiance, and particularly the staff make this one of the best small hotels I've ever been to. I will return.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great place"
Stayed in family room in annex. Would stay again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Great Boutique Hotel"
The staff at this hotel truly wants you to enjoy your stay at this hotel. They are not only helpful in ensuring that your pleased with the accommodations at the Toren, but want to be sure that you get the most out of your stay in Amsterdam. They will help you plan lunch, dinner, or any other activities while in Amsterdam. It's a beautiful hotel with a great view and a great location. Overall the hotel is very clean and well maintained. The only criticism I have about this hotel is that it may be time to replace or refurbish some of the furniture in the common area/lounge. The furnishings go with the decor and don't look dated, but some of the seating felt a little overused and soft. It's a great place and would consider going back again.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Phil
"Oustanding Hotel!!!!"
We loved the location and liked the room. Great food! Great people. Mica, thank you so much for your help. This was a really nice experience.
2 night trip May 31, 2014
Reyna
"nice hotel in the heart of amsterdam"
we like everything about the toren especially the staff, breakfast and the cleanliness. the staff is very helpfull, cheerfull and nice. the location was great, also. we enjoyed our stay at the toren very much.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
seda
"Fabulous, Amazing, Wonderful"
We loved this place so much we are already planning to return. The staff is by far the best we have dealt with in years. All so kind and professional, you can tell they genuinely care about the hotel. The Dutch are very nice in general but these guys went above and beyond from the moment we booked the room. The staff noticed we had two people listed on the reservation but only reserved a single room meaning a twin bed. They went around hotels.com to make sure we were taken care of! The location is amazing. Be sure to use their supplied bikes!
3 night trip May 22, 2014
"Wonderful boutique hotel!"
The Toren offers clean comfortable rooms plus a great location. More important to us though was the friendly helpful staff. We hope to stay again in the future.
Other trip May 28, 2014