All hotels in Trieste, Italy
Via Trauner 1, Reception: Piazza Barbacan, 3, Trieste, TS, 34121, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Trieste room near Ricardo Arch"
Reception area was called Barbacan and off a courtyard plaza area, Hotel Capitelli was a 6 room ancient building next door. Dark narrow hallway above smokers room. Pretty bare bones, bed, chair, table in a very small room. Wifi only worked if you were outside, downstairs by reception. Sheets were clean and fresh towels, but old flower wallpaper, smell of smoke and dark walls made for a place you didn't want to spend any time.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Bette
"Great location, and a great, renovated building."
The hotel is in a convenient location. It was easy to get anywhere in Trieste from the hotel. The hotel has breakfast included, and it was just fine. The room was recently renovated, so it looked really nice. The tiny tv didn't seem to work, but we hadn't travelled to Trieste to sit inside and watch tv anyway. It came with an a/c unit, which worked just fine.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Justin
Surroundings and location was excellent. Price/quality comparison was good too. Driving with motorcycles there was no shortage of parking places. Breakfast was bit too sweet to our taste.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013

Byli jsme zde jen 2 noci v červenci, hodně schází klima, jinak poloha na prohlídku centra města je ideální.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Pavel
CZ
"trieste"
Soggiorno interessante a trieste.accoglienza in hotel molto professionale.
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
IT
Nel complesso buona esperienza. Camera molto accogliente.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Marco
IT
"Posizione ottimale in città vecchia"
Albergo ben tenuto e appena ristrutturato
2 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
IT
"Bon emplacement. Service inexistant."
bof
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
FR
Posizione strategica anche se il parcheggio offerto dall'hotel è molto caro. Camera molto piccola ma piacevole. Colazione poco varia e prodotti non di qualità. Personale poco attento al cliente ad eccezione del ragazzo addetto al servizio prima colazione.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
IT
perfekte Lage im Zentrum - und trotzdem völlig ruhig. die Zimmer sauber wenn auch ein bisschen klein. alles in allem ein super Preis-Leistungs verhältnis
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
DE
struttura dislocata su più edifici vicini, in zona pedonalizzata e centralissima. Colazione servita in una saletta vicina e abbastanza variata ottimo il caffè. Intorno diversi ristoranti wine bar.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Davide

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Capitelli

"Quiet Location"
07/30/14 Sabelrose Santa Rosa
We enjoyed our stay here. The room was the quietest we have stayed in all month in Italy. It's nestled in a quiet plaza just off of any main road (most other hotels we in very busy streets) so we could open our windows and have peace still. The room was very clean and comfortable. However the wi-fi was NOT free. The code they gave us prompted us to a pay for access page. Which is unfortunate these days, especially for paying a moderate price for the room. Nice restaurants were steps away, and the main square in the city was just a few blocks. Great location. Nice bed. We would recommend it.
"nice place but rather poor service"
03/07/14 khana_banana
Unfortunately I was not very satisfied with the Hotel Capitelli. My stay started off on the wrong foot, because I had an old, invalid credit card stored with my booking through www.booking.com reservation, and the hotel cancelled my reservation. That's of course entirely my fault, but I would have expected the hotel to at least notify me about the cancellation. Luckily I could book again (I had already travelled to Trieste), but had to pay for breakfast, which for my original booking I didn't have to. This was not all. On arrival, the wireless internet was not working (which the desk personnel did not tell me). The mattress in the bed was terrible. Further, I first got a wrong key, so I could not re-enter the annex where my room was, and had to get a different key. It's a shame, because the hotel is not expensive, the location is great, and the room was very cosy and calm.
"Just returned..."
08/29/13 Physical1 Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
After researching using reviews from trip advisor we booked for 4 nights. I agree with comments made previously, courteous staff, clean room, ideally located for getting around. We were in a separate building with our balcony overlooking Riccardo's arch- also really nice not to have any cars passing by as it is the old town and streets are very narrow. Only moans are loo roll not replaced and our shower room was very close to neighbours windows! Breakfast was ample.
"Hotel nice and cheap"
04/08/13 sunsteve Munich, Germany
I go frequently to Trieste, and i slept last Saturday in this hotel. It is a one star hotel but it si really clean, almost new and not far from the center. The rooms are small but with tv, shower and, if summer, with air coindition inside. to go in the rooms there is a very narrow stair, but the are silent and quiet. To have breakfast people have to walkoutside the hotel and in 10 meters there is the little bar owned by the hotel itself: breakfast was nothing special but with tea, coffe, marmelades, industrial croissants. If u want to stay one or two nights in Trieste it is a ggod choice with a good balance between quality and prices. I definetly suggest it if you don' t need luxury and all comodities.
"Stayed here for 4 nights in may 2011"
04/01/13 crcreiki London, United Kingdom
My partner and I stayed here for a short trip to see relatives in Trieste. The location is brilliant for the town and the room was extremely clean. The staff were lovely and the breakfast was basic, but fine. Really good value if all you want to do is have a nice clean base for exploring Trieste. It's not luxurious, but would definitely book there again.
"A one Star, so don't expect much"
07/15/09 anthonyruk London, United Kingdom
Very central, and my small room was spotlessly clean BUT this is nothing more than a bed and bathroom outfit. If you're looking for something else, it's not for you. In summer it's worth double checking on air con. Rooms have units but not equipped with correct plugs to function, nor do they have the right vents to expel warm air so pretty pointless.
"Old beds and smoky room"
12/15/08 PELOPO MADRID
We stayed in the house where once Casanova lived, and you can be sure the mattress in the room is from his time. Apart from that, the smell of cigarettes in the room was very annoying and, after listening to our complain, the only thing the guy at the reception did was offering us a antismoke spray. Add to that problems in the toilette (the water was pouring constantly, which made sleeping quite difficult) and the picture is perfect for a comfortable quiet night.
"Affordable and Cozy"
10/28/08 LuvSLO LA
Hotel Capitelli is in a newly constructed building so it is very nice, clean, and cozy. The hotel is very quiet because it does not sit on a busy street. That being said, it is still well located near the main Piazza. The only negative aspect was that the walls were surprisingly thin so we could hear people walking around upstairs and downstairs which was a little annoying. The absence of any carpets in the building makes it worse but this is typical of many mid-range Italian hotels. Breakfast was pretty meager and offered yogurt, packaged brioche, juices, toast, hot tea and coffee....it could be improved. We paid 90 euros for a Friday night stay in late October which struck me as being a little pricey as we stayed during what I thought was the off season, but it was still a decent value.
"Romantic stay in Triest"
12/01/07 Twostones Bat Yam, Israel
We stayed in the Hotel Capitelli in lovely Triest and had a great stay. The hotel is small but the rooms were clean and had a romantic charm with wooden floors and trim -- just the bathrooms had tiles. Getting there by foot at first with luggage might makes the location a bit out-of-the-way but once there this seemed to be a strong advantage in favor of the location. It is located in Triest's historic center. The Roman Arch-- Arco d'Ricardo-- which once served as the main gateway to the city --is just around the corner seemed to prove the historic significance of the neighborhood. The hotel is located on a small side street which made it charming. The service was quite friendly and breakfast was served in a small dining area just across the main entrance. The price, which was €90 (Euro) or about $132 a night for a double room included breakfast, and seemed to compare favorably with other rates we checked out for the city in November--which I is not high season.
"hotel diffuso in contesto suggestivo"
06/03/15 gesualda bassano del grappa
La location di questo Hotel diffuso merita la scelta; una zona tranquilla del centro storico di piazzetta Barbacan in costante recupero e ristrutturazione dei vecchi edifici. Nessuna auto, atmosfera rilassante e gioviale specie in serata, al cospetto dell'arco di Riccardo. La nostra stanza era pulita, semplice, con balconcino sulla via dei capitelli. Suggerimenti per i gestori: un cambio della tenda della doccia renderebbe più accogliente il piccolo bagno e tendine oscuranti per la notte aiuterebbero per il sonno. Gradevole ed abbondante la colazione a pochi passi presso l'Etrusco. Da consigliare rispetto ad un albergo anonimo ed impersonale magari con più stelle! Anche per il prezzo economico, val più di una stella! Per non dire della vicinanza a pochi minuti da Piazza Unità d'Italia.