All hotels in Newington, Connecticut, United States of America
2553 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT, 06111, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

At 10pm the a/c stopped working. By 11pm the room was well over 80 degrees. We had to change rooms and no apology was given. The breakfast was poor. I asked for an item that was out I was told that breakfast was ending in an hour and the woman disappeared to the back to never return. I've never experienced such poor customer service.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Good breakfast Tiny pool"
The room and the breakfast were above average, but the pool was really to small to swim laps (my preferred exercise) and there wasn't a hot tub.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Clean and Comfortable."
Room was nice and roomy, comfortable, well furnished and clean. One minor complaint was that you could not put on the light in the bathroom without turning on the very noisy over head fan, and the only light in the bathroom was that awful cold light that makes everyone look sick. Great breakfast buffet though. Front desk was very accomodating.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Family Trip
I stay one night with my mother .It was very plesent to stay and I am always back to Holyday Inn.Tkank You for great hospitality.LSG
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
Lidia
"great place to stay near Hartford CT"
Convenient hotel on the Pike. Brand new, clean, friendly staff. Free breakfast with decent coffee. Dunkin' right next door, Ruth's Chris on the other side. Large flat screen, high quality bedding as well. The gym only had 3 pieces of cardio, maybe the rest of it is coming...they even have a pool, however I didn't venture in. I paid $130 with tax. Very reasonable. The Staff was polite and helpful.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Lowest priced, clean close to downtown Hartford"
Immaculately clean, reasonably priced, close to down town Hartford/West Hartford and Dairy Queen is right across the street if you are a Blizzard addict like me!
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2013
"Unhelpful front desk staff"
There was only one ice machine in the entire hotel and that one was broken. When I asked the hotel staff member about it he was rude and unapologetic about it. Otherwise the room was nice.
2 night trip May 25, 2013
AB King
"Very serviceable hotel for college graduation."
Hotel packed with people attending events. Staff very friendly. Breakfast basic. Rooms very clean.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Clean comfortable hotel on the way"
Overall we were quite satisfied with this hotel. It was a last minute decision to stop here and the staff were quite friendly and accommodating even though it was late in the evening. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, the breakfast was tasty. I would not hesitate to return.
Other trip May 23, 2013
"Very pretty, nicely taken care of."
The room was lovely. However, the linens were rather scratchy and the pillows were hard and uncomfortable.
Other trip May 16, 2013
"Bad Service"
We had requested an extra cot (an option listed on the website) and it was displayed on our confirmation email. When we got to the hotel we reminded the clerk that we needed the cot. By the time we were heading out for the evening the cot still hadn't showed up so we asked that hotel staff just let themselves in and leave the cot while we were out. We returned at 1am to find no cot. The new clerk said he had received the request but that "there are probably cots around but I don't know where they are". I asked if there was someone he could contact who knew and he said "nope" and went back to his conversation with a friend that was hanging out.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2013
Annoyed
"Great Customer Service"
The staff made the stay so enjoyable. From great service during breakfast to Mike at the front desk's willingness to go above and beyond, I would highly recommend!
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"good area"
This was the noises hotel I ever stayed in. They had children running all through the hotel making all kinds of noise until 10:00 p.m. and then first thing is the morning again. If the kids was not there it would have been a nice place to stay.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Staff was extremely helpful, all of my questions and requests were answered and dealt with quickly and with a smile. One of the elevators wasn't operational during our stay and the pancake maker wasn't working, disappointing for my daughter.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"Nice family place!"
Hotel was clean and new! The staff was very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed swimming in the pool, but sadly there is no hot tub, which the website says they have.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Great Price for Business in Hartford"
Business travel in Hartford is not as much a no-brainer as one might think. This location is close enough to Hartford without being in the city (either lousy or too-pricey hotels) and is very new, very clean, and the staff is very helpful and welcoming. The morning breakfast was just fine, and the desk in my room was well-lighted and convenient. The Wi-Fi was surprisingly fast and strong for a free service. I will be back.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2013
"Surprised than dissapointed."
Had a king, no smoking. Got to the room...all looks good. Went to use the "house" phone when I noticed a very unpleasing stain/residue on the skirt of the bed, by the nightstand. I called the front desk, and they were more than happy to move me to another king, no smoking. Otherwise, the facility was very clean and appeared to be well run. Overall a good experience, more surprised than dissapointed.
Other trip Jan 30, 2013
"convenient to Hartford"
everything you'd expect. It was a little bit under stocked at break fast but that's not a deal breaker for us.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2012
"great sevice"
This was my 2nd stay at this hotel and I definitly was impressed even a 2nd time. I have family that lives close and I will be coming back and staying here for sure... love the pool.I think the best part of the rating will be the fact of every staff member was very polite and outgoing and greating us every step of the way. And love the full breakfast..although.. please fix pancake machine...hahahaha..awsome kitchen staff as well....
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2012
Jessie
"very clean new hotel"
great value for the price, brand new hotel.perfect for a business stay and not too far from many restaurants and some shopping
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2012
bobby
"NEVER will go back"
We booked the room with whirpool tub for our wedding anniversary. They had reservations all messed up. We got keys to a room that was occupied!!! After they finally figure out which room was ours real dissapointment started. The tub was DIRTY with someones hair on the wall!!! We were told that they can give us different room but no whirpool since they dont have anybody to clean it. My husband decided to clean it by himself. Then we got call from the front desk at 11.30PM asking if we expect another guest - again they have all reservations messed up. Come to breakfast - coffee maker in the room was DIRTY. And in the daylight we also saw all the dust on the furniture. Staff was apologizing but we will never go back there. Huge dissapointment.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2012
"Loud"
You could hear the water running in the pipes in the walls all night long very loud.My first room door won't lock so they said they couldn't fix it so they moved us to another room.The fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet engine. The hot food in the morning wasn't good either the eggs were like the worse I have every had. My rating for this hotel is an 3 with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2012
Mr Collins
"Great for the whole family"
The staff are friendly, the room was very clean! My kids loved it and asked to come back when we visit family again. The breakfast was very good and the staff at breakfast made you feel welcome and at home. They were also accomodating for my elderly grandmother. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
"Met Expectation"
This was a overnite stay as I dropping my son off at Trinity. The location was very connvience as it 10 minutes from the school. The hotels has to a variety of resturants and shopping centers nearby. The rooms were spacious and clean.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
MAS
"Brand New"
The hotel is brand new, and if they keep it the way it is, it will be a location we use a business every time we stay in the area~!
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2012
Dan M

"Great stay in Newington!"
Simply perfect! Good location, and the room was very clean - very important for me - and spacious; good breakfast included. Friendly people at the reception. And there was a pool and washing machine and tumble dryer!
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Suzanne
"It was very clean and location was great"
Pool was great, rooms were great and breakfast was very good, staff was very courteous and I would definitely stay there again
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
rik
"Very accessible location"
Oversall, my stay was very satisfactory. On the last night of my stay, children involved in a soccer tournament were staying at the hotel. There was a lot of noise in the hallway (an actual soccer game going on), which was very noisy and disrespecful of other guests in the hotel. After calling the Front Desk, everything quieted down at around 9:45 pm.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012