All hotels in Newington, Connecticut, United States of America

Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
    Comfortable
    Bad internet service
My family had a wonderful stay. The service was great, friendly and helpful staff that let us check in early, room was very clean and the beds were really comfy, the complimentary breakfast was outstanding. We'd def stay again!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Dissapointed"
Was told there was a Hot tub in the pool area before booking the room and there is not. Website also says there is a spa tub, very misleading. First room the tv did not work, so they moved us to another room. That TV worked but the cable continually went in and out of service.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Very comfortable and affordable
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"A guest friendly hotel"
Every thing worked out fine. The hotel had every thing that I needed.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
"breakfast"
Our stay was nice, however we were told breakfast was served until 10:30am. When we went down at 9:15, the pancake machine was off, there were no biscuits to go with the sausage gravy, and only enough eggs and bacon for one person. I had a yogurt and coffee while we waited to see if the items were refilled, by 9:30 we went back to our room and then when out to get our own breakfast. Otherwise the stay was nice.
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2013
Comfortable
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Very clean , front desk person very pleasant and effcent. next time in area will stay again
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
great hotel, great price
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
Betty Kelly
"A little disappointing"
We have stayed at this location previously and had a great experience, however this time things were not very positive. I called ahead with a specific room request, (please have the linens for the pull out couch available at check in) and it was not ready, no pool towels available any of the three times we went to the pool and no plates available at the continental breakfast. The front desk staff got what we were looking for, but it seemed like an interruption in the process.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"great"
Great hotel stayed there before a cheerleader event. Need some more chairs in pool area but very nice place to stay
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
sb
nice hotel clean staff pleasant and helpfull. walls and ceilings must be thin. we stayed over on saturday october 19 2013 the hotel was full booked to capacity with hockey players they came back to the hotel between 10pm and 11pm from then till after midnight all you could hear were doors slamming loud voices thumping sounds non stop we did not get to sleep till after 1 am we had to get up at 5 am to catch a bus we were totally exhausted our sunday was ruined because of no sleep . if holiday inn is going to invest in any new hotels they need to invest in some sound proof materials. as i said hotel was clean the staff was excellent the room was comfortable , but we would have got more rest if we slept on the street. we had a very poor experience !
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Good hotel, reasonable price"
Facility was nice, clean (except for a sticky stain in the carpet in my room). Breakfast was good, typical of all HI Express's. One big nit - the wifi network was awful. Very slow, constantly disconnected and was pretty much worthless. That was a big problem for me.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Tracy
"Quiet and clean"
The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was extremely friendly. The best part was the comfy beds. The major downside was that the wifi barely worked. We were lucky if we could get a page load completely.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Mazie
"Worth your by"
The front desk people were extremely nice and the room was exactly what I expected. Definitely worth the price
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Eddie
"Great find!"
Breakfast was lovely. Great location, definitely would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Yuck"
Omg what's that smell? Oh yeah it's my room. It smelled like a wet dog in my room. Yuck. Didn't sleep at all... Just keep driving.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2013
Stan priest
"Nice place to stay"
This is a nice hotel to stay in. The room and the hotel was clean and well maintained. I had a problem with the TV in my room and they changed my room right away. They had 24 hour coffee but it was not hot. Very good breakfast with a wide variety of foods replenished regularly. The location is a bit out of the way and hard to get to but there are a lot of family friendly food options and gas stations close by. The pool area is nice and clean with plenty of clean towels when we used it. Free wifi is available as well as a computer in the business center free of charge.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
Marc K.
At 10pm the a/c stopped working. By 11pm the room was well over 80 degrees. We had to change rooms and no apology was given. The breakfast was poor. I asked for an item that was out I was told that breakfast was ending in an hour and the woman disappeared to the back to never return. I've never experienced such poor customer service.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Good breakfast Tiny pool"
The room and the breakfast were above average, but the pool was really to small to swim laps (my preferred exercise) and there wasn't a hot tub.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Clean and Comfortable."
Room was nice and roomy, comfortable, well furnished and clean. One minor complaint was that you could not put on the light in the bathroom without turning on the very noisy over head fan, and the only light in the bathroom was that awful cold light that makes everyone look sick. Great breakfast buffet though. Front desk was very accomodating.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Family Trip
I stay one night with my mother .It was very plesent to stay and I am always back to Holyday Inn.Tkank You for great hospitality.LSG
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
Lidia
"great place to stay near Hartford CT"
Convenient hotel on the Pike. Brand new, clean, friendly staff. Free breakfast with decent coffee. Dunkin' right next door, Ruth's Chris on the other side. Large flat screen, high quality bedding as well. The gym only had 3 pieces of cardio, maybe the rest of it is coming...they even have a pool, however I didn't venture in. I paid $130 with tax. Very reasonable. The Staff was polite and helpful.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Lowest priced, clean close to downtown Hartford"
Immaculately clean, reasonably priced, close to down town Hartford/West Hartford and Dairy Queen is right across the street if you are a Blizzard addict like me!
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2013
"Unhelpful front desk staff"
There was only one ice machine in the entire hotel and that one was broken. When I asked the hotel staff member about it he was rude and unapologetic about it. Otherwise the room was nice.
2 night trip May 25, 2013
AB King
"Very serviceable hotel for college graduation."
Hotel packed with people attending events. Staff very friendly. Breakfast basic. Rooms very clean.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Clean comfortable hotel on the way"
Overall we were quite satisfied with this hotel. It was a last minute decision to stop here and the staff were quite friendly and accommodating even though it was late in the evening. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, the breakfast was tasty. I would not hesitate to return.
Other trip May 23, 2013
"Very pretty, nicely taken care of."
The room was lovely. However, the linens were rather scratchy and the pillows were hard and uncomfortable.
Other trip May 16, 2013
"Bad Service"
We had requested an extra cot (an option listed on the website) and it was displayed on our confirmation email. When we got to the hotel we reminded the clerk that we needed the cot. By the time we were heading out for the evening the cot still hadn't showed up so we asked that hotel staff just let themselves in and leave the cot while we were out. We returned at 1am to find no cot. The new clerk said he had received the request but that "there are probably cots around but I don't know where they are". I asked if there was someone he could contact who knew and he said "nope" and went back to his conversation with a friend that was hanging out.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2013
Annoyed
"Great Customer Service"
The staff made the stay so enjoyable. From great service during breakfast to Mike at the front desk's willingness to go above and beyond, I would highly recommend!
1 night trip May 10, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Great location and great service. A good experience.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
HK
"Great stay in Newington!"
Simply perfect! Good location, and the room was very clean - very important for me - and spacious; good breakfast included. Friendly people at the reception. And there was a pool and washing machine and tumble dryer!
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Suzanne
"It was very clean and location was great"
Pool was great, rooms were great and breakfast was very good, staff was very courteous and I would definitely stay there again
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
rik

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Ankommen und Wohlfühlen"
Salvatore
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2016
julio
Response by Holiday Inn Express Newington
Thank you for your rating of our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
Response by Holiday Inn Express Newington
Thank You for your 5 star rating!
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Response by Holiday Inn Express Newington
Thank you for your 5 star rating, Cynthia!
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015