All hotels in High Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Rather comfortable
    Clean
    Room is all right
    Bad breakfast

The staff was very accomodating and helpful for any information that I needed during the weekend. We had a great stay and the breakfasts were quite good. I would stay again for sure.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Ronni
"Hockey Get Away"
Upon check in the lady at the front desk did not explain any of the hotel amenities. The continental breakfast was below average and the conditions of the dining area were ok.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Nice and Quiet"
came for a course was not there long, but room seemed nice and quiet.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
the hotel was fine overall. Room was comfortable. Some confusion at the desk as clerk tried to charge again although I had prepaid through Hotels .com. He seemed to think the Hotels.com meant it was just reserved not prepaid. They did correct it within the evening.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
"OK for a night"
There is not much choice in High Prairie, but this hotel is OK for a night. TV works fine and free Wi-Fi that is acceptable. The breakfast is not much, your typical muffin and cereal. My room was close to the lobby and there was some noise of people checking out early. The price is quite high for what you get, but you are very limited in this town.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
dave
Nice and clean hotel. Self serve breakfast bar with slots machine
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
clean hotel. stayed for one night. quiet. staff werre friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Nice hotel in town"
Good hotel, nice and clean room.Staffs are helpful and good.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Four days business stay"
Was really noisy. Some that stayed in the rooms around mine were constantly walking to each other, knocking at their doors. Plus someone left the hearing on and it was really hot in the room. It was almost impossible to sleep.
4 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Ganna
"cleanliness iffy"
i was left a bottle of mouthwash. except it was opened and half empty. how sweet! sticky gross stuff over all tables and couter tops. and bedding smelt like sweat. so probably not washed
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Ok hotel in an undesirable town"
Was some what dirty. Staff was ok. Hotel doesn't have much for amenities breakfast wasn't great but ok. Sounds like the other hotels are worse. A/c unit had no controls and sounded like a freight train running through a tunnel.
"Large room"
We had a nice large room. Problems included the very difficult and noisy heating unit, the general state of the facility, and the service at the front desk.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Other trip Dec 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn High Prairie

"Overnight Stay"
01/17/16 Wendy T Morinville, Canada
We were in High Prairie to watch our grandson's hockey game. The room was extremely warm during the night which made it very uncomfortable. The comforter was not at all useful as the stuffing lumped at the end of the comforter and slide off of the bed all night. The staff was very helpful.
"Decent stay"
12/16/15 76fpr Peace River, Canada
When I called to book I was impressed by Rita's exceptional customer service. Upon check in, which was in the evening, we were greeted by Agnes, absolutely did her job, but seemed a little grumpy.. perhaps it was just a long day. The room, 113, was very nicely furnished, at least on the surface...The bed was harder than any I've ever slept on at a hotel, and I do like kind of firm beds. My back was still a bit achy 2-3 days later. We could hear a lot of noises from the hall / lobby... so the soundproofing is not great. We had to crank the AC to cool the room down. The ice machine was quite far from our room. Also, the toilet was very wobbly.. it looked like it;s been caulked, but I suspect the bolts need tightening, or maybe it needs a new wax seal...Overall it was just ok, I was not impressed, but there is little choice in High Prairie.
"Days inn high prairie"
12/14/15 Y9231AIangelag Spirit river
The bleach/laundry smell was so overpowering that we couldn't sleep in the beds. Room was so hot....a/c wasn't wirking and we were on the bottom floor and couldn't open windows because of the exhaust. The heating/cooling unit made horrendous different noises all night from roaring to squealing. We didn't even stay for our second night even thought it was already paid for. The hotel desk lady was either out smoking or in the lounge when we needed assistance. Very limited for breakfast..... Was not restocked
"Nothing Like It Used To Be !"
12/10/15 valtra2015 westlock ab
I used to stay in this hotel lot's when it first opened about 15 yrs a go, when it was the High Prarie Inn. It was a good place to stay then. Having not been there for several years, I recently stayed for a night. It is starting to show significant signs of wear. There were people running up and down the hall way at all hours of the evening, night and morning screaming at the top of their lungs. Was not impressed.
"Weekend stay"
11/13/15 Helen J
We were in High Prairie for a family wedding and could not have found a better hotel. We arrived in High Prairie around 9:30pm, while we were checking in we realized that we didn't have the correct credit card with us. The desk clerk could easily not checked us in without the correct credit card. Instead, he told us that as long as we got the number to the desk clerk the next morning there wouldn't be a problem. Excellent customer service. When we got to the room, we found that there were 2 double beds not the 2 queen beds we were expecting. Not a big deal but it was a bit of a surprise, my husband and I are not small people and would not have chosen to sleep 2 in a double bed, but we survived the weekend. lol. The beds may have been small but they were very comfortable. The room was clean and the maids came everyday to clean. There was coffee and tea provided in the room, so if you need coffee before seeing other people there would be no problem. Our room was on the first floor facing the back of the hotel, so the room was very quiet, which was very nice. The breakfast buffet was quite good, fresh food and juices, make your own waffles made our son very happy. We would definitely stay at the Days Inn the next time we are in High Prairie.
"Good room, poor Internet"
11/09/15 Bradley V Valleyview, Canada
Great staff at checkin and checkout. Breakfast was above average, with good variety. Heating system was a little noisy, and there was some noise from the neighboring room. Room furnishings were modern, and the tv had a good picture with a good variety of programming. The only real drawback was the spotty internet service, which would go from ok to nonexistent.
"Good value, clean room"
10/18/15 kevinsS6445OF High River, Canada
Good room, clean and quiet. Only issue was poor wifi connection, I had to use my cell phone hotspot
"Business Trip"
10/01/15 Chris C St. Albert, Canada
This hotel is overpriced for the quality and location. I stayed here at the beginning of a two week long trip and it was the most expensive hotel I stayed at and was certainly not the nicest, and it's in High Prairie!!! I also stayed in Grande Prairie, Peace River, Fort St. John and High Level for less.
"Ok but way too pricey"
09/25/15 davepV1257VU Calgary, Canada
the room was clean, wifi-slow, TV good, breakfast OK, but not much to choose from. For the price of this room in High Prairie I could get a hotel room in Hawaii overlooking the ocean. Because it was booked through Hotels.com they appear not to give Wyndam points
"The staff were terrific"
09/16/15 Liz L Bragg Creek, Canada
I stayed at the hotel for a week and found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful. The room was very clean and tended to daily. Gordon the chef made delicious muffins and his soups were 5-Star restaurant quality. He catered the business function lunches for the morning and lunches and every day the food was fantastic. I very much enjoyed my stay there due to the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel. Liz Lawryk