All hotels in High Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Clean
    Comfortable
    Room is all right
    Bad breakfast

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

The fan in the room was beyond loud!! I had t have the heater on because it was cool. It kept me up all night.
2 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2016
melissa
The staff was very accomodating and helpful for any information that I needed during the weekend. We had a great stay and the breakfasts were quite good. I would stay again for sure.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Ronni
"Hockey Get Away"
Upon check in the lady at the front desk did not explain any of the hotel amenities. The continental breakfast was below average and the conditions of the dining area were ok.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Nice and Quiet"
came for a course was not there long, but room seemed nice and quiet.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
the hotel was fine overall. Room was comfortable. Some confusion at the desk as clerk tried to charge again although I had prepaid through Hotels .com. He seemed to think the Hotels.com meant it was just reserved not prepaid. They did correct it within the evening.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
"OK for a night"
There is not much choice in High Prairie, but this hotel is OK for a night. TV works fine and free Wi-Fi that is acceptable. The breakfast is not much, your typical muffin and cereal. My room was close to the lobby and there was some noise of people checking out early. The price is quite high for what you get, but you are very limited in this town.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
dave
Nice and clean hotel. Self serve breakfast bar with slots machine
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
clean hotel. stayed for one night. quiet. staff werre friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Nice hotel in town"
Good hotel, nice and clean room.Staffs are helpful and good.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Four days business stay"
Was really noisy. Some that stayed in the rooms around mine were constantly walking to each other, knocking at their doors. Plus someone left the hearing on and it was really hot in the room. It was almost impossible to sleep.
4 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Ganna
"cleanliness iffy"
i was left a bottle of mouthwash. except it was opened and half empty. how sweet! sticky gross stuff over all tables and couter tops. and bedding smelt like sweat. so probably not washed
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Ok hotel in an undesirable town"
Was some what dirty. Staff was ok. Hotel doesn't have much for amenities breakfast wasn't great but ok. Sounds like the other hotels are worse. A/c unit had no controls and sounded like a freight train running through a tunnel.
"Large room"
We had a nice large room. Problems included the very difficult and noisy heating unit, the general state of the facility, and the service at the front desk.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Jean

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
Other trip Dec 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn High Prairie

"High Prairie Business"
04/20/16 Redeemed777 Grande Prairie, Alberta
No restaurant in hotel. Hall ways were noisy most the night. Requested wake up call never happened and I had a 8:00 am important business meeting. This hotel is acceptable compared to what else I see in High Prairie, but next time I will try to Peavine.
"My experiance at the Days Inn in High Prairie"
04/19/16 469marlenea Grande Prairie, Canada
I like staying here, the staff are very nice, However my colleague work for Alberta Health Services and to do our work away from home we need better internet then what is offered at the Days Inn. We come and stay either three or four days every second week and our program is ongoing. I hope that this issue/concern can be fixed I don't want to move to another Hotel
"Work Trip"
04/16/16 Ron S Lloydminster, Canada
Room and hotel showing its age but overall can't complain . Staff was good and friendly , house keeping was great and left extra coffee as asked ...Shower curtain must have been in the wash when we noticed and called front desk..it was sent up within 3 minutes ! Had a steak sandwich for $12.95 in the restaurant/lounge with all the fixings and it was great value . Good parking for all sizes and A&W next door .
"Not very clean!!!!"
04/06/16 P4563ECanonymous Blackfalds, Alberta
If we would have been travelling alone we would have left the hotel. But we were there with our hockey team. The room and bathroom were not clean at all. And the hotel Was full so we couldn't change rooms. Not impressed!!!
"Good room"
03/28/16 Jun M Calgary, Canada
The room was good, clean, and quite. The included breakfast wasn't that good for me. They have cereals, some pastries, juices and coffee. You can also make waffles but I didn't see any toppings. Also boiled eggs, yogurt, and you can microwave your own omelette. the price is decent, lots of parking. The free internet slow down a lot in the evenings.
"OK for what we needed"
03/27/16 donh619 Blackfalds, Canada
We were in High Prairie for a hockey tournament and didn't spend much more than just evenings and nights at the hotel. Our biggest complaint was how hot the second floor was, we slept with the window wide open and the room just never seemed to cool off enough to sleep comfortably. It turned out that there was a gas fireplace in the lobby that would heat the second floor, once it was shut off it was more tolerable.
"4 days"
03/19/16 Phil M High Prairie, Canada
The first two days i was there the breakfast room was close with a sign saying opening at 7 am which I found a little late for me because i was leaving at 5:30 am. The evening of the second day i came across a vary helpful front clerk name Agnes that understood my situation. She left a note for the night clerk to have the breakfast room open by 5:15 am and the 3rd morning it was ready by locked. There was two other guests there waiting for the room to open, so i asked the clerk if he could open it. He hum and hud but he did. After work that day Agnes ask me how i made out and told her. She said she would leave another note and there would be another clerk on that shift. Happy to see the door was open and lights on with people getting their breakfast. Thanks to Agnes i and others had something in our stomachs before going to work.
"Terrible Overnight Stay"
03/15/16 businesstrvlr2016 Calgary, Canada
My colleague and I stayed at this hotel for one night - and thankfully one night only - we had gone to the local Smitty's for dinner and upon our return to the hotel, decided to go into the "lounge" for a nightcap ... we walked up to the bar and ordered our drinks, the girl behind the bar just looked at us and walked to the end of the bar to "discuss" something with the 2 other girls standing there. When she returned she promptly informed my colleague and I that we were being cut off ... we hadn't even had a drink yet. At that time, we looked around to notice that we were the only Caucasians in the lounge. Not welcoming at all. The rooms were hot and had an odd scent. The front desk staff however were AMAZING.
"Below my expectations"
02/23/16 Nesbittj
I booked at the Days Inn in High Prairie for an ice fishing trip to Slave Lake with my son. I didn't expect anything fancy, but I did expect a clean quiet comfortable stay. Upon arrival the front desk clerk was talking to a friend, and we waited for 5 or so minutes for him to finish his conversation, before he did his job. The hotel did not seem very busy, and we were given our rooms. I had my 7 year old son with me, and we got settled in for the night. Action picked up shortly after with a significant amount of noise coming from the lobby and lounge area. Other guests then arrived and were constantly going back and forth from their rooms, seemed like a couple of groups. They were not being overly loud, but all of the doors slam when you let them close. The walls were paper thin, and every conversation and door close was very loud. It was very difficult to get to sleep. The room was clean, and comfort was so / so. The hotel is getting a bit older now, and the rooms are in need of a re-fresh, especially the shower. It was not in great shape. In the morning, we went for our usual continental breakfast fare. The selection was very limited, and the breakfast room was filthy. It appeared to not have been cleaned for a few days. My son had his heart set on a waffle, but there was no batter out. When I enquired with the desk if there was batter, I was told that the shift the day before had left it out, and it went rancid. They could not mix up more as the container had to be thoroughly cleaned, awesome....... Upon re-evaluating breakfast options we checked the fridge where it said on the sign there was omelet, sausage, etc. There were a couple of saran wrapped items in the fridge resembling these things, but looked like they were opened and put back. There was 1 container of yogurt, and someone's left over food in the fridge. The waffle iron area was still covered in spilled batter from the day before. I stay in a lot of hotels, and I have to honestly say, this was the most half assed breakfast set up I have seen. If it was less stocked and at least sanitary, I probably would not complain. Honestly, Alberta Health Services Food Inspectors should come pay the breakfast bar a visit in the morning. Overall, my comfort was sub par, the breakfast area was so unclean, I did not even want a coffee, and the place is noisy. Next time I'm in High Prairie, I will likely stay at the Peavine Inn thought I'd give the Days Inn a try this time, and it did not meet my expectatio
"Overnight Stay"
01/17/16 Wendy T Morinville, Canada
We were in High Prairie to watch our grandson's hockey game. The room was extremely warm during the night which made it very uncomfortable. The comforter was not at all useful as the stuffing lumped at the end of the comforter and slide off of the bed all night. The staff was very helpful.