All hotels in Kanab, Utah, United States of America
386 East 300 South, Kanab, UT, 84741, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.6
    2.5
Average hotel but a bit older. Price and location are decent. Hotel staff was very nice.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
I booked the room because I needed a low price room. I was not terribly impressed with the conditions, and had to get my room changed because the TV didn't have a cable long enough to reach. I think they were in the middle of some updates.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Don't waste your money or your health."
Be afraid--be very afraid. Not sure how my review got 2 stars. It should have been MINUS 2 STARS.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Harley ride
"stay away from this place"
The room smelt like it hadn't been cleaned for a month. The bed sheets looked like they hadn't been renewed for a week. Door swipes did not work. The remote control did not work.
Other trip May 27, 2015
traveler
"Dodge this place at all cost!"
The room smelt like it hadn't been cleaned for a month. Nothing in the room worked. Three days later I started having rashes with excruciating itch all over my body, went to the ER and was embarrassingly diagnosed of scabies... the rest was hell.
traveler
"would not recommend"
motel, older, clean,but sheets were worn, very little cotton, room small. front desk area, old, disappointing. the only reason i was there as i didnt look for room sooner, everything was sold out.
gail
"Dirty room; rude and dishonest staff."
We booked three rooms for a hiking trip in Southern Utah. All rooms smelled horribly. There was human hair (long, brown, unmissable) within the sheets of my friend's bed. Her bed was also broken--the metal box spring frame was disconnected and the box spring and mattress "sunk" or "folded", taco-like making is extremely uncomfortable. Someone had placed a wooden block under the bed in an attempt to jerry-rig a remedy, but it was not at all successful. Worse still, the guy that checked us in was extremely dishonest. There were two young, female, foreign travelers. They were trying to buy a room at the time we were checking in. The guy checking us in (who claimed to be the manager/owner) told these girls he could get them a room....for a exorbitant price (which I won't say, since Expedia won't publish this review if I mention rates, but it was three digits and exorbitant.) Well, one of our hiking party members had an unexpected delayed arrival and wouldn't be using his room, which he had already paid for. I offered the room, for free, to these girls. The girls were happy to have the room; my friend was happy to help these travelers (and did NOT ask that they reimburse him; it was just an act of kindness.) Kindness all around! Then the desk guy asked me my friend's name. I told him. He clicked on the computer. Smiled wryly. Then, suddenly and inexplicably he claimed he "couldn't find" the room reservation! He deleted the reservation!!! And lied about it!
Kate
"No expedia reservation on file"
At check-in, the hotel did not have a record of our expedia reservation. The owner had to call expedia to confirm our reservation, which was confirmed. The owner mentioned that this same occurence has happened with expedia in the past. Other then that, our stay was comfortable. Simple but clean accommodations, Great location for accessing hiking areas. The family hotel owners were terrific!
Other trip May 21, 2015
cissy
"Okayish. Cramped Room."
No in-room Facilities like coffee et all. The management was bit lazy. The room was small in comparison to other lodges i have stayed so far. Breakfast was okay. The key got locked multiple times. Overall it was a bit of hassle to walk down from room to front desk.
Other trip May 13, 2015
kaus
"ok"
It was quiet.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Norma
"Interesting experience"
when I arrived they didn't received my expedia reservation according to the staff. The told me to caal expedia to send the reservation again. After a while they received the paperwork and they checked me in. They gave me a queen size bed although I had a reservation for king size. The room was small but adequate, there was a fridge and a microwave and wifi was great. Next day the wifi was gone and it did not came back during my 7 night stay. After informing the staff about this, they told me to use the wifi in the office. The breakfast was actually not bad, considering it's included in the price. It's not a buffet but it will get you going. Houskeeping consists mostly of replacing used towels. My bed was made 3 times, I had to made it up myself the other days. Considering what I paid, I could live with these shortcomings and I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
jomosoft
"Not the best deal"
Their "free" internet isn't working at all. Hot water gets cold in 5mins.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
maria
No in Kanab there are a lot of new motel so I think this place was not as good as before because they do not try to maintenance their motel such as cleanness, the comfort of the room, breakfast, etc.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Harry
"Don't stay here, terrible."
We checked in but did not stay, the landscape was uncared for, lobby in building with room stunk, room was two double beds instead of king we paid for, toilet would not flush liquid, my wife turned back sheets and there was a black bug, we left and found a room elsewhere. I sent hotels.com a request for refund and they have not responded. I will pursue that when we are done travelling. If you are looking for a motel with a flophouse ambience this may be for you.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Sub-par"
The bed was awful, it had a big indention in the middle of it. Also, a battery was dying in an adjacent room and beeped all night long, even after we called to have someone take care of it.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"Friendly and Secure"
Much nicer than we expected! The rooms were small, but very comfortable, and they have made improvements which are very nice. New freshly tiled shower, and bathroom. Beds were comfortable, and we were surprised that they had a nice breakfast with breakfast breads, hot coffee or hot chocolate, milk, juice and waffles, and cereals. Very nice staff. It was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
wymom
"Horrible experience"
Got to the hotel after a 9 1/2 hour drive, mentioned that I might be cancelling my 2nd night and was told that I couldnt. Went to my room, VERY SMALL, remote did. Ot work on the 12" television, sat on one bed and sunk (broken frame) slept in the other one. "Breakfast" was not even a continental breakfast, bread, jam, juice. Wost hotel ever, ended up staying at another hotel the 2nd night ( yes i paid for 2 rooms the same night)
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
scott
"Okay"
Friendly people in the evening, reserved king bed, ended up with two double room. If you don't mind leaving tips this is the place, envelope waiting in room with " cleaning tip" written on it, but the bathroom wall right in front of the toilet is DIRTY and it's about 18 inches from your knees. very run down, with patched repairs WAY noticeable. then they tell you breakfast for 1 hour 8:00 - 9:00 even though receipt has 2 hour frame on it, and when you go into the dining area chair sitting at doorway with a bucket for tips there as you enter the main entrance. Really we leave tips where tips are due, BUT this is not one of those places
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
birdmama07
"Great location, close to Bryce and Zion parks."
The motel is nice, bathrooms were remodeled. There is no microwave in all of the rooms however.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"OK but can get better for the money!"
OK for clean but towels were stained from prior uses. Very much in need of an update. Breakfast was only for an hour & three staff/owners were eyeballing the food that everyone was taking.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"Stop on Way to Zion National Park"
Room hallway not lighted. Not much space in room. Overall not a great value for the money spent.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"It is just a OK hotel"
The hotel is just OK if you do not have high expectations or if you only want a short stay, one night or so. The heater does not have auto fan function. Ground sink in the bathroom does not work well. Also, one thing surprised me is that they collect tips for house-keeping and breakfast preparing! I never came across this kind of situations before, even though I stayed in way much better hotels than this one. The waffle soup was diluted. I really cannot understand why they diluted it like that, considering collecting tips! I was disappointed by that. Otherwise, it's a OK one.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"WORST HOTEL EVER."
This is the worst place I have ever stayed, dirty room, large gap between the door and door frame so anyone could look into our room. Clogged shower drain, leaking shower head sprayed everywhere, towel with toothpaste.....yes dried toothpaste on it. Out dated TV, bed headboard was nasty like it had something sprayed on it. Uncomfortable bed, mismatched furniture. Hotel staff didn't know how to check us in so he told us to come back later when someone else would be there. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Kailey
disappointing. we did not rest well. The next morning my husband said he felt like there was "bad juju". I mentioned this to the gentleman at the desk, he said "What?" I repeated my statement and asked if something bad happened in our room (64). He said they had trouble with a man who had stayed there previously. I suggested a sage smudging, he understood what I meant. I hope they will.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"At least the bed was good"
First off, when we arrived they did not have a reservation for us so we had to pull up an e-mail on our phone with a confirmation number which took a while. The room was clean but there was no closet or even a hook to hang anything. The wifi only worked if I sat in the lobby. There was a microwave but it was out in the hallway. The light fixtures in the bathroom were missing globes and bulbs.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"NOT to stay"
Not recommended. Cheap Inn. It would be better to stay in any franchised hotel/motel than this local inn.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"A Nice Motel with a good location"
I'll admit this wasn't Ritz-Carlton caliber luxurious--but I knew that beforehand by reading reviews here. The nightly price was also a giveaway! Seriously, this is a good place to stay: the room was large, quiet, the A/C frigid, the bathroom spacious. What more could you want? The office and breakfast lounge is at the front of the property; the small continental breakfast was good--meaning that it was neither horrible nor wonderful. How can you complain when it's included in the room rate? The property is made up of separate wings/buildings arranged in a "U" shape; one leg of the "U" seemed to be closed for renovation. Our room (and I think the rooms of all of the other guests when we stayed) was located in the rear wing (the short part of the letter "U"). There was too much furniture crammed into the foyer/lounge (which had a microwave) and some of the furniture in our room was approaching the end of its useful life. However, the room had a wonderfully comfortable king-size bed, a mini fridge, microwave and TV. And a frigid (yet quiet) A/C. For the little time we spent in the room it more than fulfilled our needs. And the price was great. There are many other lodging options in Kanab; some very well might be fancier but almost certainly more expensive. This is a basic motel property that is showing its age--but it is clean and quiet.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Terry
"Great price/quality next to Best Friends Sanctuary"
I was there for a night while visiting the BFAS sanctuary, clean rooms, on the small side, but the rooms and bathrooms were nice and clean, I was extremely happy with the stay.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Brittany
Old soft beds and noisy AC inhibited sleep. Looks like it's undergoing a long overdue renovation by junk in front of some rooms. Very convenient to National Parks, cheap but not really worth it.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"stinky room"
Absolutely horrible! Room stunk, no blinds on the windows. Only stayed because we were exhausted and was late no other rooms available. Complained to front desk. They could of cared less.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
Mary Beth
"Nauseously dirty!!!!!!"
Never stay here! !!!! You can't imagine how dirty it is!!!! The beds stink and they are dirty.Our room was a tiny hole. Breakfast was a shame!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Angelika
Terrible experience, room condition is very bad,dirty everywhere . ........
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"No room available ... Over books"
We arrived early and told it was to early to check in a bus just left. Came back to check in and was told rooms were damaged in reconstruction but they made arrangements for us down the road. But there was a stack of room keys with names for a tour bus just coming in. The place we were moved to says royal inn does thus all the time over books to get the highest rate and moves people and usually never pays the places he moves people too ... Rooms book up fast in the area and they then way over charge to anyone desperate enough to pay.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
jill
"Cheap and cheerful"
Friendly welcome, room was slightly on the small side having two double beds in but comfortable mattress and pillows and clean, so good value for money. Even had free continental breakfast thrown in.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Should have had a room with king size bed. Given room with 2 double beds who mattresses where noisy and I could feel every spring-very uncomfortable. Next day I asked about room after realizing mix up in rooms after reviewing e-mails( we were traveling for 18 days) if I could get refund for the price of the difference in room. The manager admitted that I was scheduled for king room and had been placed in wrong room. He said I could not receive refund due to being booked thru Expedia. We had to stay another night due to having already paid thru Expedia as well. MOST UNCOMFORTABLE STAY EVER IN A HOTEL, ESPECICALLY FOR THE PRICE PAID. I PAID HALF THE PRICE AT ANOTHER HOTEL FOR MUCH BETTER ACCOMADATIONS.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Ok for a budget"
Clean hotel, room (2 double beds) was tiny. Beds were extremely soft and uncomfortable.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Close to Best Friends."
We needed a hotel for the night. It had coffee and apples for breakfast. Also a pool. Premises, pool area and room are clean. Dogs allowed for a fee. Parking convenient. We did not have reservations and the personnel went out of their way to help us. We ended up staying in 3 different rooms for 7 nights but that was ok with us. The rest of the town was booked. We'll go there again.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Katia & Charlie
"what a dump!"
Do not stay here! The photos on their website are not what you will find. Dirty towels, a toilet that barely flushed and an overall appearance that the place is falling apart. typical Indian roach motel. They are remodeling but doing a horrible job. There was a bus of Russian tourist staying there and I let them know that this is not typical of american hotels and that most are much better than this.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Jesse
Good simple hotel for the outdoor adventurer just needing a decent place to stay while spending all day outdoors. Cool idea to have folks congregate at the makeshift tables near the registration area.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Met expectations"
Room was clean, quiet enough, nice staff, met our expectations
1 night family trip Sep 8, 2014
"Too expensive for this two star hotel."
Room was very small and had odors. Cost over $100. Constrution materials in courtyard. Very minimal facility.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"All but breakfast was good"
Great stay, but the breakfast could have used some more options. Almost no bread and the waffle-mix, was no good.
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2014
Per
"wake up call"
didn't call twice to wake me up and then lied to my face about it...phone was disconnected!!!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"western ledgend round-up,kanab,utah"
THERE was no other hotel to stay at so we took this one. I RATE THIS HOTEL A #2 WE SAW COCKROACHES IN THE HALL OF HOTEL AND ICE MACHINE DID NOT WORK ALSO FRONT DESK PERSON HAD A ATTIUDE WITH THE QUEST.
4 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2014
CLARKIE SEGREAVES
"Room is small but the location is good"
The name is called suite but it's not a suite at all. The room is small but the beds are not bad. It seems that they recently updated their mattresses. Breakfast is minimal.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
western travel
"Best bed ever!"
Very friendly staff. Definitely the most comfortable bed I've slept in at a hotel/motel.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
The staff was very sweet and friendly, but the beds were really uncomfortable. The room was small and and not well kept.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
A one time stay
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Just an overnite stop.. Would not want to spend more time than that.. Rooms are small, but a nice King Bed..
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Don
Even if the room rate was $10, it would be a rip off. I recommend camping instead.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014